Dr. Couto 2000 grafts 10/22/2020

RMancini

Hello guys! As I promised you, I am here presenting my HT with Dr Couto.
I did not intend to post my procedure in this forum, but I have been motivated because I have seen that everyone is interested in seeing HT published directly by Dr. Couto's patients and I have proposed to help as much as I can. Sorry for my English which is not good.

I am now 33 years old and started to notice that my hair was weakening when I was only 25 years old, something I expected because I have many close relatives with significant hair loss including my father. I used Minoxidil for 3-4 years, but I could not stop the progression of the hair loss, so I started taking Finasteride at 29 years old, my frontal area at that time had lost 70%.

I knew about Dr. Couto's work since I began to worry about hair loss. I am from Spain, and in the most important spanish forum Recuperarelpelo Couto is literally a “God”. His great reputation has been earned for his honesty, great experience, excellent results over many years, and his loving and close manner with the patient. I am a member and I have participated for several years in that forum and I have never seen a bad review from a Couto patient.
People say in the hispanic forum, that if the doctor does not see the perfect result in the final review, even if the result is considered good for the patient and does not complain about anything, doctor takes him to the operating room again, even if it is just to implant 20 grafts and improve it, by its own perfectionist nature.

Couto was my favorite doctor since I started looking at clinics 5 years ago.
He is an expensive doctor for the average spaniard, but despite that I saved enough to operate with him, because he is an absolute guarantee. I hope my result is what I hope to have.

My procedure was a 2-day session, I have diffuse alopecia on the entire frontal area that is usually very complicated, because if I have shock loss of my native hair, the final result can be affected if it is permanent. The doctor proposed to me 2000 grafts. I also had a small cyst that was removed by the doctor before starting to implant, but he grafted inside the incision to guarantee that the scar was covered. 

Now I have little more than a month of my HT, but I will start by showing the first photos, I do not have good pre-operative photos but I will include some of those that were taken at the clinic.

I will try to encourage other Fuexpert patients that I have contact with to post their cases on this forum. I am open to any question that can help you guys.

• Like 8

I'm certainly interested to see how you progress. I'm not fluent in Spanish so browsing the Spanish forums using Google translate is difficult and often makes patient reviews a bit confusing. Diffuse thinning is a definite gamble, but I hope you get the kind of result you're looking for.

25 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I'm certainly interested to see how you progress. I'm not fluent in Spanish so browsing the Spanish forums using Google translate is difficult and often makes patient reviews a bit confusing. Diffuse thinning is a definite gamble, but I hope you get the kind of result you're looking for.

Thanks Mycroft!

• Thanks 1

2000 grafts over 2 days? The only other doc I know who works as slowly as that is Dr. Pekiner.

Can you explain what the timeline was like each day, and what was the involvement from Dr. Couto vs the technicians? Was he working on other patients during the same day?

Can you also share some donor pics?

Edited by giegnosiganoe
  • Like 1

Are you at about 7 weeks now? Shedding just started?  Coverage looked really good just prior to shedding. You are half there to start of growth phase. Look forward to see growth updates.

Edited by deitel130

• Administrators

WOW thank you so much for posting, this is the first review ever, I’ve seen with Dr. Cuoto, to say I’ll be following closely is an understatement.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for sharing. Couto's work looks good.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

59 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

2000 grafts over 2 days? The only other doc I know who works as slowly as that is Dr. Pekiner.

Keser (also former HLC doctor) has a limit of 700 grafts/day or so. He was my very first choice before going to HLC and it was going to be a 4-day procedure. :D

Nice one.  The rest of your hair looks really solid so I expect this will turn out very YouTube worthy.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

9 hours ago, RMancini said:

People say in the hispanic forum, that if the doctor does not see the perfect result in the final review, even if the result is considered good for the patient and does not complain about anything, doctor takes him to the operating room again, even if it is just to implant 20 grafts and improve it, by its own perfectionist nature.

Kinda crazy if it's true. :D

Good luck with your journey and thank you for posting.

The work looks impeccable! I'd be interested to hear the details about each day as well and the tech involvement. The unicorn 🤣

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:23 AM, RMancini said:

pre-op.jpg

4 dias.jpg

6 dias.jpg

9 dias .jpg

10 dias 1.jpg

10.jpg

14 dias.jpg

post-op 15 dias.jpg

The design looks just as perfect as it could be and the procedure looks so clean. And, as you mention, it's not an easy one with your diffuse alopecia... also, many clinics would have done this is one day, compromising your graft survival rate so it's great you chose Couto as he seems to be one of the best if not the best on survival rates.

Please, could you share your experience during those 2 days? Was just you or there were more patients? 

Thanks for sharing... looking forward to your updates : )

Great, that we finally have a case presented here. The post OP pics look great, clean and the hairline well designed. 

Even though I do not understand this comment? Is this not a little premature?

On 12/9/2020 at 2:26 AM, duchaine said:

It is unbelievable what he did with a such small number of grafts!