4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HairRun said:

Thanks for sharing Melvin. 

What an excellent journey, from analysis to execution. 

From the pictures it seems like there's no scarring in your beard. If you shaved, would you not be able to see any scarring at all? Would you recommend this procedure for those who prefer to be clean shaven?

I haven’t shaved my face for over 5 years, the clean shaven look doesn’t suit me, plus my wife loves a little beard. Happy wife happy life 😁. But many including @BeHappy and @Zoomster have posted pictures of their face clean shaven. No scars visible.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Alright guys, it’s been officially three weeks. I’m shedding a lot, and definitely looking balder 😢 but that’s the name of the game. I also cut my sides to a #1 and 1/2 guard at the nape, quite surprised at how well my donor has healed. No shock loss, nothing. 

Dr. Sethi did an incredible job at managing my donor. I can cut my hair this short after 7k scalp grafts, I’m amazed. 

Three Weeks

1E2CFD6D-D424-4628-A5E0-351BA97C63F8.jpeg4FA23D8C-A265-48C7-A956-A9A5A2644DDF.jpegAB46AE0A-2372-49F8-BF76-B8DD89564753.jpeg96316323-EE1D-4ECC-AAE7-48873E3D2537.jpeg7E453BDA-180C-43CB-BE96-50DCECA67404.jpeg

• Like 10

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Incredible @Melvin- Moderator! The cleanest of all clean jobs produced by this amazing clinic!😲We've got a great preview at week 3 to help visualize what it'll ultimately transform into. Super psyched for you bro! Incredibly hard to imagine another clinic that could executed the complexity of your case with such care and precision. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Incredible @Melvin- Moderator! The cleanest of all clean jobs produced by this amazing clinic!😲We've got a great preview at week 3 to help visualize what it'll ultimately transform into. Super psyched for you bro! Incredibly hard to imagine another clinic that could executed the complexity of your case with such care and precision. 

Thanks man, yes, we’ve got a good preview, though I’ve been shedding. Still psyched about how it could look once it grows out. I’m doing everything possible for fast growth haha. I’m harnessing you and @kirkland energy and growth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

How many grafts you got left? Still looks pretty full

Dr. Sethi said maybe 500-1000 grafts. We’ll see in a year 😁

• Like 1

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys, it’s been officially three weeks. I’m shedding a lot, and definitely looking balder 😢 but that’s the name of the game. I also cut my sides to a #1 and 1/2 guard at the nape, quite surprised at how well my donor has healed. No shock loss, nothing. 

Dr. Sethi did an incredible job at managing my donor. I can cut my hair this short after 7k scalp grafts, I’m amazed. 

Three Weeks

1E2CFD6D-D424-4628-A5E0-351BA97C63F8.jpeg4FA23D8C-A265-48C7-A956-A9A5A2644DDF.jpegAB46AE0A-2372-49F8-BF76-B8DD89564753.jpeg96316323-EE1D-4ECC-AAE7-48873E3D2537.jpeg7E453BDA-180C-43CB-BE96-50DCECA67404.jpeg

Fantastic work so far Melvin!

Alot of people will probably see this and think it looks like clean work and good progress. Which it is! For me, the first thing that caught my eye was at how well your face is framed now.  Looking forward for more to come 😎

• Like 1

Damn, gonna suck to lose the framing that your new temporal region gives you.  That said, super exciting to know that half a year from now you’ll be looking amazing.  

happy for your results, good growing dude!

• Sad 1

Check out my journey here:

Man i have been looking at maybe hundreds of results from many clinics. I think this may be one of the best results out of the many i have seen. especially from Eugenix. I want to say congrats on the successful op. Congrats on having no post op issues and i am excited for you to get amazing results! 

Do you plan on making your hair grow faster by taking prp or something?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Vann said:

Man i have been looking at maybe hundreds of results from many clinics. I think this may be one of the best results out of the many i have seen. especially from Eugenix. I want to say congrats on the successful op. Congrats on having no post op issues and i am excited for you to get amazing results! 

Do you plan on making your hair grow faster by taking prp or something?

Yes, I’m planning on creating a thread and video on what I propose using.

• Like 2

View my thread

On 1/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Going FUT, I do feel can maximize additional grafts, but there are risks and complications. Risk of scar stretching, hair changing directions in the incision, and the hair may even miniaturize and become unusable below and above the incision line. I weighed the pros and cons, and for me FUE was the right choice. But for others FUT may be a better alternative. There’s no right or wrong answer.

Another question, with FUE when our donor area from the back of the head is harvested once then it becomes weak and  not possible to extract more grafts? But in your case, you went for FUE sitting multiple times right? What's your opinion on that or Dr. Pradeep says?

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, 24th Feb 2023

• Administrators
On 1/24/2022 at 8:43 AM, deadman said:

Another question, with FUE when our donor area from the back of the head is harvested once then it becomes weak and  not possible to extract more grafts? But in your case, you went for FUE sitting multiple times right? What's your opinion on that or Dr. Pradeep says?

Who says the donor becomes weak after extraction? I said in FUT, the tension of the strip closure can cause hair follicles to miniaturize, this does not occur with FUE.

• Like 3

View my thread

• Administrators
16 hours ago, WS2020 said:

Just saw the videos yesterday. Looking great so far. So excited to see the progress. 

Thanks man, would love to see another update. The last I saw your hair looked incredible.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 1/19/2022 at 7:13 PM, NARMAK said:

I'm not Melvin, but the idea of "maximising" your donor with FUT procedure is down to the idea that the strip they cut allows them to more accurately extract and dissect grafts. Then the closing of the strip let's them basically sew that huge area shut again, to a point where the density is almost looking 100% untouched. In many ways, having a clean linear scar be hidden amongst the density that still visually looks and probably is stronger. 

FUE usually pokes out across a larger area, with the idea being that it's targeting uniform density by spreading it out over a larger area, that might be outside a "safe zone" at times which the FUT strips tend to target more. 

Bear in mind that if you have a limited donor area in the first place, cutting a strip out and then sewing it together is going to shrink the way that safe donor area looks too. 

So in either FUT or FUE, you're probably a bad candidate. 

I always thought the reason strip then FUE was better was because with a strip you can take 100% of the grafts in an area after which you can do an FUE to grab hair from areas where you might not do a strip.

So if you have a permanent donor zone of 2 inches high, and you take a 1 inch strip (which you can harvest 100%) and then you do an FUE for the other 1 inch area where you take 50% of the grafts there, you end up having taken 75% of the grafts in that 2 inch high donor zone. Basically the advantage of strip is that it allows you to take 100% of the hair in a given area. 

And the advantage of FUE is that you can take hair from just about anywhere including places you might not do a strip from like near the crown or the nape

That's just my assumption though

Edited by deeznuts

3 hours ago, deeznuts said:

I always thought the reason strip then FUE was better was because with a strip you can take 100% of the grafts in an area after which you can do an FUE to grab hair from areas where you might not do a strip.

So if you have a permanent donor zone of 2 inches high, and you take a 1 inch strip (which you can harvest 100%) and then you do an FUE for the other 1 inch area where you take 50% of the grafts there, you end up having taken 75% of the grafts in that 2 inch high donor zone. Basically the advantage of strip is that it allows you to take 100% of the hair in a given area. 

And the advantage of FUE is that you can take hair from just about anywhere including places you might not do a strip from like near the crown or the nape

I think the logical idea is primarily linked to FUT being the core safe donor area and usual areas for FUE not always being safe. 

I'm not 100% sure if it's better but i think from a density PoV, for particularly larger sessions it would have the better long term impact for those NW5+ cases. 

If you are NW3 and below, probably get away with FUE and medication maybe. 

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, deeznuts said:

This is correct - and you've explained it pretty well actually. By doing a strip and then sealing it back up, you're basically left with a completely untouched donor as far as an FUE is concerned, albeit there will be less grafts to take in total, you'll still be able to extract completely homogeneously across the donor area.

5 hours ago, deeznuts said:

FUT yields are not 100% though.

I regret getting FUT.   

I had to fill in that scar by fue twice,   and the scar is still noticible enough that I can't do a regular fade haircut, only low cut fades.   

I would never recommend anyone get an FUT.     

33 minutes ago, Etownone said:

I regret getting FUT.   

I had to fill in that scar by fue twice,   and the scar is still noticible enough that I can't do a regular fade haircut, only low cut fades.   

I would never recommend anyone get an FUT.     

You may want to get SMP.  That’s what I did. Makes it less noticeable 

• Like 1