Dr Rafael de Freitas - 2486 grafts - 9 months journey and results

Greetings gents,

Haven’t had the time to post here for a while. But I feel I want to give back to the community. I would’ve never been able to make an informed decision if it wasn’t for this forum.

Info

Date of surgery: September 10:th 2020

Grafts: 2486

Hair/graft: 2,21

Method: FUE with motorized punch 0,8mm and implanter pen

Doctor involvement: Implanting 100% doctor. Extraction is done completely by one head nurse.

About me

Ethnicity: Swedish passport and parents but probably central or southern European ancestry somewhere back in time

Hairloss: Had an uneven and kinda high hairline since birth but good density everywhere until 27. Then density in frontal third and midscalp started to go slowly.

I will answer questions if you have any.

• Administrators

God DAMN!!!!! Sorry for cursing but I couldn’t help it. Absolutely incredible thanks for sharing this with the forum man 👏🏼

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm glad to see you had such a successful result, and blending through the frontal area ensures you'll likely be in a good spot even if there's a bit of future progression. Donor looks untouched at this length as well.

How was travelling with the extra red tape due to Covid-19?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I'm glad to see you had such a successful result, and blending through the frontal area ensures you'll likely be in a good spot even if there's a bit of future progression. Donor looks untouched at this length as well.

How was travelling with the extra red tape due to Covid-19?

It was not that much hassle. Spain was opening up a bit at the time. Filled in a form on the internet that gave you a code to scan when you arrived at the airport in Spain. Everyone in Spain is very careful with masks and distance and extra sanitizing everywhere. The clinic of course very clean and careful as expected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does appear some of the Spanish surgeons are just a cut above for whatever reason virtually 99% of other FUE clinics globally. This result as good as their clinic posted results, which themselves are spectacular by any sense of the word. Not a huge graft number for a fairly drastic change here too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice report! Looks great, congratulations. Also very nice that you showed a "styled" pre-surgery pic. 

Side topic:

The hairline micro design really reminds me on the approach of Diep. There are more macro irregularities though. Would really like to see a close up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1