Dr. Couto 2000 grafts 10/22/2020

RMancini

On 12/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

What was his pricing per graft? I heard that he does not operate on anyone 30 or younger 

I know someones in the Spanish forum with less than 30, but I think not less than 25

On 12/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, duchaine said:

You should know that An ht is a technical process and it can be evulated regardless the final growth.  

The hairline design is close to perfection I’m suprided to see how  how much couto lowered his hl and went among bald spots using a very little amout of grafts and not letting any space between native and transplanted hairs.

This is much commented on in the recuperarelpelo forum, the incredible results that Couto has with less grafts than other doctors.

Looking good, you are cruising on the highway now! 😎

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, RMancini said:

Normally the price is 4,50 €/grafts, but if you have had a previous procedure with poor or bad results and you want to repair it, the price will be 5 €.
I think that when he makes reconstructions of the temples points, which by the way is a master doing them, the price will be 5 €. 

I'm not sure, but I seem to have heard that, for example, if you have already had a frontal surgery and need another procedure for the crown, you may have some discount on the second procedure.

I assume you mean if you need a repair from a transplant at another clinic? Surely he wouldn't charge more to touch up one of his own cases that had subpar results?

2 hours ago, RMancini said:

Normally the price is 4,50 €/grafts, but if you have had a previous procedure with poor or bad results and you want to repair it, the price will be 5 €.
I think that when he makes reconstructions of the temples points, which by the way is a master doing them, the price will be 5 €. 

I'm not sure, but I seem to have heard that, for example, if you have already had a frontal surgery and need another procedure for the crown, you may have some discount on the second procedure.

That’s a steal! But I wonder if he’ll operate on anyone in their mid 20s I’m barely a Norwood 2 myself and he booked for awhile too 

On 1/27/2021 at 12:05 AM, RMancini said:

Hello everyone! sorry for the delay in updating and answering your questions.
Now I am just 3 months of the procedure and my garden seems to be flourishing, it is still a very short time but it is already changing. I am very excited and anxious at the same time. At the clinic I have been told to expect growth between the 4th and 5th month, and to try to release my anxiety, which is normal at this time, but all I have to do from now on is enjoy the growth.
I have passed the worst stage, I had some shock loss of the native hair and in these first months I have looked terrible, but this is already looking much better.
I have encouraged several Couto patients with whom I have contact to post their case in this forum, most of them do not know this forum, some find it difficult to participate here because it is in English, but I have told them that they would help many people especially to the doctor, for the doubts that some of you still have about your work.
Now with the Google translator it is no longer a problem.

Thanks to all who have participated in my thread, thank you also for your interest.

I attach some photos of the 3 months, I will continue later updating my progress.

3ms.jpg.232785323a085e88cef87781d05f8acd.jpg3m.jpg.d16b29b1f3ec5ab8adc772dc3fe16b5b.jpg793566920_3meses.jpg.06f4038434f83878b06b70d2a818ece8.jpg

Great regrowth. I am happy for you. And thanks for sharing Dr. Couto´s result. Did really all steps of surgery performed by Dr. Couto?

On 1/27/2021 at 1:12 AM, RMancini said:

This is much commented on in the recuperarelpelo forum, the incredible results that Couto has with less grafts than other doctors.

yes I know...but the other guy seems not to understand.

On 29/12/2020 at 12:05, OliverAtom said:

¡Esto se ve tan limpio! ¡El diseño de la línea del cabello es fantástico!

Mancini, como ya preguntó giegnosiganoe:
- ¿Cuál fue la participación del Dr. Couto frente a los técnicos?
- ¿Estaba trabajando con otros pacientes durante el mismo día?
- ¿Cómo está su donante en este momento?

Por favor, sigan actualizando ... ¡Estuvimos esperando esto durante mucho tiempo!

Se cree que Couto es "El mago". Lo he estado siguiendo en su  ➡️ Canal de YouTube de la Clínica FUExpert y en diferentes foros y sus resultados son INCREÍBLES! ¡Así que estoy seguro de que tu resultado será excelente!

¡Muchas gracias por compartir Mancini!

Excuse me for the delay, I will answer each question whenever I have time available.

The doctor is involved in the whole process from the first moment, makes the design of the hairline, marks the donor area, plans the extraction and cuts the hair.

The extraction team consists of trained nurses and another doctor, all of whom are well trained by Couto. Dr. Couto directs and supervises the extraction all the time, he started the extraction on the first day and then explains to his team what the extraction strategy was going to be and how many units of each type he needed, the team continues while the doctor is going to do consultations with other patients and follow-up checkups, but he comes by the operating room frequently reviewing the entire extraction process and always asks me how I'm feeling. There is a technician checking the quality and classifying each graft under a kind of microscope, they showed me some on a screen where they looked very large. Part of the time I fell asleep, because before starting the procedure I was administered an oral sedative.

In my case it was two days of surgery, the two days in the morning, 1000 grafts every day. When the extraction was finished, which was approximately 2 to 3 hours, they gave me half an hour to have lunch, and at this point the doctor has finished the consultations and is not long in starting. The first day the doctor removed the cyst that I had in the receiving area and sutured the wound before starting to implant for another two hours. The doctor places all the grafts using implants, the nurses now only help the doctor by placing the grafts on the needles. The two days the session ended around 2:00 p.m.

They had another patient who had surgery in the afternoon, but we never crossed paths. The doctor finishes with a patient to start the other later, never at the same time and the number of grafts per day in each patient does not exceed much more than 1000 grafts.
According to the doctor, this allows them to perfectly control everything during the procedure, respect the times of the follicles outside the body and the team to work without stress. The feeling I had is that they work like a Swiss watch, for me everything was lighter than I expected and I already had references from other patients.

My hair is pretty short and my donor area looks great right now.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, miko said:

Great regrowth. I am happy for you. And thanks for sharing Dr. Couto´s result. Did really all steps of surgery performed by Dr. Couto?

Thanks miko! I think that in some of my answers to other users I have answered your questions, if you have any further questions, please let me know

Edited by RMancini

• Administrators
2 hours ago, RMancini said:

Excuse me for the delay, I will answer each question whenever I have time available.

The doctor is involved in the whole process from the first moment, makes the design of the hairline, marks the donor area, plans the extraction and cuts the hair.

The extraction team consists of trained nurses and another doctor, all of whom are well trained by Couto. Dr. Couto directs and supervises the extraction all the time, he started the extraction on the first day and then explains to his team what the extraction strategy was going to be and how many units of each type he needed, the team continues while the doctor is going to do consultations with other patients and follow-up checkups, but he comes by the operating room frequently reviewing the entire extraction process and always asks me how I'm feeling. There is a technician checking the quality and classifying each graft under a kind of microscope, they showed me some on a screen where they looked very large. Part of the time I fell asleep, because before starting the procedure I was administered an oral sedative.

In my case it was two days of surgery, the two days in the morning, 1000 grafts every day. When the extraction was finished, which was approximately 2 to 3 hours, they gave me half an hour to have lunch, and at this point the doctor has finished the consultations and is not long in starting. The first day the doctor removed the cyst that I had in the receiving area and sutured the wound before starting to implant for another two hours. The doctor places all the grafts using implants, the nurses now only help the doctor by placing the grafts on the needles. The two days the session ended around 2:00 p.m.

They had another patient who had surgery in the afternoon, but we never crossed paths. The doctor finishes with a patient to start the other later, never at the same time and the number of grafts per day in each patient does not exceed much more than 1000 grafts.
According to the doctor, this allows them to perfectly control everything during the procedure, respect the times of the follicles outside the body and the team to work without stress. The feeling I had is that they work like a Swiss watch, for me everything was lighter than I expected and I already had references from other patients.

My hair is pretty short and my donor area looks great right now.

Thank you for the break down. Does Dr. Cuoto do any of the extractions? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thank you for the break down. Does Dr. Cuoto do any of the extractions? 

3 hours ago, RMancini said:

On 1/27/2021 at 12:05 AM, RMancini said:

Hello everyone! sorry for the delay in updating and answering your questions.
Now I am just 3 months of the procedure and my garden seems to be flourishing, it is still a very short time but it is already changing. I am very excited and anxious at the same time. At the clinic I have been told to expect growth between the 4th and 5th month, and to try to release my anxiety, which is normal at this time, but all I have to do from now on is enjoy the growth.
I have passed the worst stage, I had some shock loss of the native hair and in these first months I have looked terrible, but this is already looking much better.
I have encouraged several Couto patients with whom I have contact to post their case in this forum, most of them do not know this forum, some find it difficult to participate here because it is in English, but I have told them that they would help many people especially to the doctor, for the doubts that some of you still have about your work.
Now with the Google translator it is no longer a problem.

Thanks to all who have participated in my thread, thank you also for your interest.

I attach some photos of the 3 months, I will continue later updating my progress.

3ms.jpg.232785323a085e88cef87781d05f8acd.jpg3m.jpg.d16b29b1f3ec5ab8adc772dc3fe16b5b.jpg793566920_3meses.jpg.06f4038434f83878b06b70d2a818ece8.jpg

Really nice for ... JUST 3 months!

Cant wait to see you at 6 months, that hairline is gonna be amazing 😁

Thanks for sharing and please, please do not stop updating, really want to see this Couto´s case till the end.

14 hours ago, RMancini said:

Thanks miko! I think that in some of my answers to other users I have answered your questions, if you have any further questions, please let me know

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, you answered for many of my questions. Thanks. But please:

Is some package included to the price (accomodation/transfers/medical package/PRP/steam cells therapy, etc)?

How long did you wait for 1st assessment and how long does assessment takes? 

How Dr. Couto drew your hairline before HT (according what)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Wow, getting some great information from @RMancini about Dr Couto and many questions we all were looking for since while back. 

So using one of @miko  posts with some questions, I have gathered some of the most important information if one of us would choose Dr Couto at FUExpert Clinic for his/her Hair Transplant:

1. What is the total PRICE for a graft at FUExpert Clinic? 

- First HT surgery with Dr Couto €4.5/graft
- Temples work €5/graft
- Any repair procedure of a bad result at another clinic €5/graft

*FUExpert Clinic might offer a discount for those patients who go back to the clinic for another procedure which I understand could be restoring the crown, temples, etc.

2. Which method do they use for grafts extraction (manual or micromotor)? When both, from which it depends?

From the info on ➡️ FUExpert Clinic YouTube Channel we can see that they use both manual and micro so it will depend on the patient. However, we do not have details of when and why Dr Couto uses manual or motor. Maybe @RMancini could investigate on this if he has to do any checkup at the clinic.

3. Who used to exctract and implant follicules at FUExpert Clinic (doctor/staff)?

- Dr Couto seems to start the extraction process on the first day and then explains to his team what the extraction strategy is going to be and how many units of each type are needed, the team continues.

4. Is some package included to the price (accomodation/transfers/medical package/PRP/steam cells therapy, etc)?

- From reading on Youtube comments FUExpert Clinic does not offer packages (included on the price).
- They offer PRP sessions but they seem to be something extra, this means patients can decide to go for this treatment at a completely independent cost from the HT surgery.

About PRP´s, it would be interesting to here the costs and details of a one PRP session at FUExpert Clinic from any Couto´s patient 

5. Is it necessary to shave head or it is possible to do hair transplant also with unshaven head? If yes, is there some difference in price?

- Maybe Mancini could investigate this on his next visit to the clinic? 

6. How many patients do they operate at the clinic in one day?

- It seems like Dr Couto operates on a maximum of 2 patients per day at FUExpert Clinic, one of the patients in the morning and another one in the afternoon.

*Extra important points:
- Dr Couto never deals with the 2 patients at the same time.
- The number of grafts per day never exceeds much more than 1000 grafts so that this allows the team to work without stress.
- Complete respect of the times of the follicles outside the body.

Literally words of @RMancinii: "The feeling I had is that they work like a Swiss watch."

7. How long did you wait for 1st consultation?

- RMancini has not shared this info.
- It was 1 year from RMancini´s 1st consultation to the HT surgery.

*Important fact:
RMancini points out that the original date for his surgery was Sept. 2021, which would have made the wait to be 23 months. This changed because the Covid is forcing many international patients to cancel their surgeries since they can not fly into Spain.

8: Who drew your hairline before HT and how (according what)?

- Dr Couto makes the design drawing the hairline.
- Dr Couto marks the donor area planning the extraction.
- Dr Couto cuts the patient's hair.

----------------------------

I would try to update this whenever we get new details of other important data.

Many thanks to @RMancini for sharing some precious information about Dr Couto.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I’m not sure we should assume some of these points. Its possible they only did 1,000 per day for him specifically, but maybe they go higher for other patients.  That number seems low for an FUE expert. I’m waiting eagerly for this result to manifest. If it comes our great, I will be reaching out to Dr. Cuoto. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:18 AM, OliverAtom said:
Wow, getting some great information from @RMancini about Dr Couto and many questions we all were looking for since while back. 

So using one of @miko  posts with some questions, I have gathered some of the most important information if one of us would choose Dr Couto at FUExpert Clinic for his/her Hair Transplant:

- Temples work €5/graft

*FUExpert Clinic might offer a discount for those patients who go back to the clinic for another procedure which I understand could be restoring the crown, temples, etc.

2. Which method do they use for grafts extraction (manual or micromotor)? When both, from which it depends?

From the info on ➡️ FUExpert Clinic YouTube Channel we can see that they use both manual and micro so it will depend on the patient. However, we do not have details of when and why Dr Couto uses manual or motor. Maybe @RMancini could investigate on this if he has to do any checkup at the clinic.

3. Who used to exctract and implant follicules at FUExpert Clinic (doctor/staff)?

- Dr Couto seems to start the extraction process on the first day and then explains to his team what the extraction strategy is going to be and how many units of each type are needed, the team continues.

4. Is some package included to the price (accomodation/transfers/medical package/PRP/steam cells therapy, etc)?

- From reading on Youtube comments FUExpert Clinic does not offer packages (included on the price).
- They offer PRP sessions but they seem to be something extra, this means patients can decide to go for this treatment at a completely independent cost from the HT surgery.

About PRP´s, it would be interesting to here the costs and details of a one PRP session at FUExpert Clinic from any Couto´s patient 

5. Is it necessary to shave head or it is possible to do hair transplant also with unshaven head? If yes, is there some difference in price?

- It seems like Dr Couto operates on a maximum of 2 patients per day at FUExpert Clinic, one of the patients in the morning and another one in the afternoon.

*Extra important points:
- The number of grafts per day never exceeds much more than 1000 grafts so that this allows the team to work without stress.

Literally words of @RMancinii: "The feeling I had is that they work like a Swiss watch."

*Important fact:
RMancini points out that the original date for his surgery was Sept. 2021, which would have made the wait to be 23 months. This changed because the Covid is forcing many international patients to cancel their surgeries since they can not fly into Spain.

Thank you for resume. It seems you are right in some points. The problem with best spanish clinic (Fuexpert, Clinica DeFreitas) is that they are very busy and they hardly write back. Also on social networks they write back prepared answers f.e.: Please contact us for personal consultations, or we are closed now for consultations, or our price are not fixed and will be set after personal consultations, etc... I  saw many cases of Dr. Couto published by his clinic on social networks and from the description of videos, some comments, and also from my phone call with Fuexpert clinic I noticed this:

1. They use manual and also micromotor method, but I don´t know on which circumstances it depends.

2. All steps of surgery are performed by the doctor (this is the sentence which the clinic wrote to me). They didn´t write that doctor is always Dr. Couto. @RManciniwrote that the team consist of Dr. Couto, another doctor and trained nurses. This is the differnce between answear which I got and experience of the patient.

3. On the clinic they operate 1 or max. 2 patients per day (this is another sentence which the clinic wrote to me). 

4. When I spoke with the Fuexpert clinic by phone in July, they told me that waiting time is 1,5 - 2 years between consultation and surgery. This may have changed due to the current situation with Covid-19. 

5. The price. I have read different prices on net, 4,50 Eur per graft and 5,- Eur per graft. Now is here explaination why.

But I haven´t found the answers to my other questions yet... 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, miko said:

Thank you for resume. It seems you are right in some points. The problem with best spanish clinic (Fuexpert, Clinica DeFreitas) is that they are very busy and they hardly write back. Also on social networks they write back prepared answers f.e.: Please contact us for personal consultations, or we are closed now for consultations, or our price are not fixed and will be set after personal consultations, etc... I  saw many cases of Dr. Couto published by his clinic on social networks and from the description of videos, some comments, and also from my phone call with Fuexpert clinic I noticed this:

1. They use manual and also micromotor method, but I don´t know on which circumstances it depends.

2. All steps of surgery are performed by the doctor (this is the sentence which the clinic wrote to me). They didn´t write that doctor is always Dr. Couto. @RManciniwrote that the team consist of Dr. Couto, another doctor and trained nurses. This is the differnce between answear which I got and experience of the patient.

3. On the clinic they operate 1 or max. 2 patients per day (this is another sentence which the clinic wrote to me). 

4. When I spoke with the Fuexpert clinic by phone in July, they told me that waiting time is 1,5 - 2 years between consultation and surgery. This may have changed due to the current situation with Covid-19. 

5. The price. I have read different prices on net, 4,50 Eur per graft and 5,- Eur per graft. Now is here explaination why.

I have to visit the clinic this week, I will try to get the answers to your questions.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RMancini said:

I have to visit the clinic this week, I will try to get the answers to your questions.

Thank you very much in advance. Please, I want to kindly ask you, could you ask them how long is now waiting time between consultation and surgery?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:45 AM, miko said:

On 2/3/2021 at 12:18 AM, OliverAtom said:

- Temples work €5/graft

*Extra important points:

*Important fact:

This is some amazing information about Dr Couto and how they do things at FUExpert Clinic.

We should take advantage of this patient @RMancini now that he would be visiting the clinic.

Thanks @miko and @OliverAtom for your questions and putting this together 😉

• Administrators

How did your visit go @RMancini

View my thread

On 2/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, OliverAtom said:

Hi OliverAtom,

I think you made a typo there. I think you meant that RMancini's surgery was on sept 2020 not 2021. Its all good dont worry, we all make mistakes. Just looking out.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...