My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

Thanks for the feedback

I was wondering if multi grafts took longer to sprout . Seems most singles sprouted 

You’re welcome!

That very well may be the case about mult-grafts, as well as the possibility that even in a multi-graft there could be a time difference in growth of the hairs so hopefully that’s the case since you posted about using the microscope and seen lots of small fine hairs.

• Administrators

In my opinion it looks pretty good for 7 months. Those thin spots may very well grow in a lot thicker in the next 5 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the feedback guys 

I hope they get better , but my hair looks quite good with a little fibre . 

I hope I don’t have to put more grafts into the front to be happy after 18months. I’ve alreaady used 3500 grafts, and want to keep enough for the crown in the future . If density was going to be an issue I wouldn’t have been ok with 1000 grafts being put into my crown , or having temple peaks done. My crown has a lot of native hair . 

One thing i am I am curious about is why the Dr overplanted my existing temples. I have seen it done elsewhere but would like to know why this is done. 

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion it looks pretty good for 7 months. Those thin spots may very well grow in a lot thicker in the next 5 months.

Funny that you are the only one saying this Melvin.

I believe the OP has more than enough cause to be worried; the number of grafts used is likely over half of total (max.) available grafts for his lifetime. For this to be 60% to 70% of the final result is not ok. I have honestly seen 4 month results with half this graft number look denser. 

As a completely unbiased, independent party; I must admit that your opinion of this being acceptable appears dubious. 

Anyone that is genuinely considering using Asmed needs to see this review (and the other half dozen lack luster results over the past year) and add this to their due diligence. 

I've got no bone to pick with anyone but I do believe that we need to reconsider Asmed as one of the top places to go anymore. Erdogan is no doubt fantastic, as his past results can attest, however, Asmed has basically become a tech driven cash cow from what it appears.

Good luck OP, I hope that for your sake the results improve over the next 6 months. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Jamothee said:

Funny that you are the only one saying this Melvin.

I believe the OP has more than enough cause to be worried; the number of grafts used is likely over half of total (max.) available grafts for his lifetime. For this to be 60% to 70% of the final result is not ok. I have honestly seen 4 month results with half this graft number look denser. 

As a completely unbiased, independent party; I must admit that your opinion of this being acceptable appears dubious. 

Anyone that is genuinely considering using Asmed needs to see this review (and the other half dozen lack luster results over the past year) and add this to their due diligence. 

I've got no bone to pick with anyone but I do believe that we need to reconsider Asmed as one of the top places to go anymore. Erdogan is no doubt fantastic, as his past results can attest, however, Asmed has basically become a tech driven cash cow from what it appears.

Good luck OP, I hope that for your sake the results improve over the next 6 months. 

The results are not complete. Would this result be acceptable at 12 months? No, but it isn't twelve months and not by a long shot. I find it particularly troubling when more and more posters are thinking that 5-7 months should be enough time to tell what the results will look like and I'm sorry that's just not true. For 7 months I think there is definitely a cosmetic improvement and I would be hopeful.  Sorry, I'm not going to join the brigade of posters who think they should have their final results by 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I hope so! 

I will keep positive for the next few months.

i appreciate everyone’s feedback and the time they have taken to write here, but I will try and remain positive . It is very difficult for me to read negative comments and not feel the need to freak out , I have sent a few neurotic emails / messages to the clinic and they assure me that it will be ok. 

Having just hit the 10.5 months mark myself , I have to say the progress did get noticeably better from months 8-10, from some new sprouted single grafts hairs along the hairline to thickening of growing hairs.

Here are some photos to give my example: 1st 2 photos are from my 7th month (fullness and density lacking especially on my left side. 2nd 2 photos are from today, hair is dry and a bit messy from bed head so excuse that and I’ve let the top grow long.

Hope that helps some.

Edit: added a pre surgery clinic pic of where I started.

C386ED1E-DF8B-4FD5-821D-64C331D0D829.jpeg

0D9A7E14-B877-4198-9A60-3491E238C438.jpeg

A36480A1-7681-40B5-B064-2FC6D1D1F92E.jpeg

D5D1460B-5CB6-458A-AA4B-EABCDC45AD95.jpeg

C7E30F20-EECD-40BF-9405-39E8DBB04727.jpeg

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kraistoff said:

Looks good Cosmo

do you have photos taken outside?

Thanks!

I don’t really have outdoor photos/selfies as I still mostly wear my baseball cap to still protect scalp from the sun when out to be honest, and I’ve been waiting until the 1-year mark to take some outside selfies haha, will post when I do.

Kraistoff, try to keep in mind that progress looks a bit like an S curve -- to get a rough estimate of where you are, you have to multiply the percentage of hair popped with the percentage of hair matured.  Maturation lags percentage popped by about 20%.  Basically, I agree with what Melvin said.  Yes, there are some people whose hair grows quickly and matures early compared to the average person, and those people see good density at 5 or 6 months, but I think it's a mistake for people on here to assume that everyone's results must follow the same trajectory (and that those fast growers are the model for what everyone should look like at the 5-7 month mark).  The clinic says upfront that the most dramatic changes generally occur between months 6 and 12, so I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill.

Cheers guys

its also important to say that the photos that look bad are showing my hair under the harshest possible conditions. 

I have very very pale skin (should have been ginger haired) and darkish hair . When I take photos in direct sun the light is going to bounce off my skin and make it look 10 times worse . 

My hair in door looks very good in my opinion. It is just that area behind the hairline . I actually think most grafts have grown. 

Below photos are indoors and and without toppik 

7546261E-2121-4FCF-8415-5437B1E4AE7D.jpeg

D25A2C42-DFE0-4DE5-A19F-458A8CF2CACF.jpeg

199BEC67-52C8-4115-9288-B5A03A5F71E6.jpeg

98B216AB-5BD7-46B0-81F3-14888B5ACDA4.jpeg

AC7FE721-BBA2-4971-B9BD-179BFF28F146.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff

Hey kraistoff, 

i'm in the same situation like you. In indirect light looks my result quite okay, but i have to stay away from light bulbs or direct sunlight otherwise it looks like i'm balding. In my opinion this should not be the case after a hair transplant but maybe we get some good improvement over the next months. 

For the current status I decided to grow my hair longer. So I can comb the longer side hair above my temples and it looks a little bit better.

25 minutes ago, munich said:

Hey kraistoff, 

i'm in the same situation like you. In indirect light looks my result quite okay, but i have to stay away from light bulbs or direct sunlight otherwise it looks like i'm balding. In my opinion this should not be the case after a hair transplant but maybe we get some good improvement over the next months. 

For the current status I decided to grow my hair longer. So I can comb the longer side hair above my temples and it looks a little bit better.

I reckon most of my grafts have grown, there just isn’t enough grafts behind the hairline to provide adequate coverage yet. 

I think this is funny as I do recall using some coverage calculator in Asmed which calculated how much density you needed for coverage. 

Im not really too happy at the thought of having to have another procedure so soon (thinking negatively ) as then I would have used over 6000 grafts in the frontal third only. I would never agreed to get temple work or any in my thinning crown . I didn’t realise my crown was thinning until Dr E said, and come think of it he knew I was on Propecia for only 6 months, perhaps we should’ve used less grafts and seen if propecia helped for the crown, it used those 1000 he used for the crown to make up the density in front. 

I’m now at 7 and a half months 

this is is my hair combed back in various lighting conditions (living room, bathroom, , under light and outside ) 

i am very happy, a little more density behind the hairline will make me 90% happy.

I think the photos speak for themselves that density has improved in past month. 

2566DE4C-404D-4567-ADFA-7082BC0133F7.jpeg

9B6E5BCB-1656-4DC4-932C-BE087F24D9C1.jpeg

7724B340-B748-4380-9E7E-9DD50DF97018.jpeg

C79644EB-F450-4E9A-8FA4-09793503EAA3.jpeg

E50F4355-EEFC-4E8A-B83D-8F465D53F815.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/26/2019 at 3:38 AM, therealmvp2016 said:

Looks great man! I just booked my appointment and made a deposit for ASMED/Erdogan October 23rd. Very excited. 

Not sure if you’re complimenting me or Mr @Kraistoff either way thanks! 

Oh and best of luck on your upcoming October procedure, no doubt the experience will be memorable for you. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

I’m now at 7 and a half months 

this is is my hair combed back in various lighting conditions (living room, bathroom, , under light and outside ) 

i am very happy, a little more density behind the hairline will make me 90% happy.

I think the photos speak for themselves that density has improved in past month. 

2566DE4C-404D-4567-ADFA-7082BC0133F7.jpeg

9B6E5BCB-1656-4DC4-932C-BE087F24D9C1.jpeg

7724B340-B748-4380-9E7E-9DD50DF97018.jpeg

C79644EB-F450-4E9A-8FA4-09793503EAA3.jpeg

E50F4355-EEFC-4E8A-B83D-8F465D53F815.jpeg

Looks much better styled back like a young Al Pacino in The Godfather 😉 Very nice! AND I got a good feeling you got still more improvement to come!

• Haha 1

I think these photos look great for 7.5 months and there is surely more improvement to come but sometimes it’s important to remember that hair transplant surgery is about taking away the bald look rather than restoring the hair that you once had. Would you recommend someone to go to dr koray?  

kraistoff,

Thanks for sharing regular updates and for posting so many photos. Your hair looks fantastic and you should be very pleased with your results. 

If you haven’t already, I really encourage you to create a hair loss patient website  which is the best way to document your progress with photos, videos and more. You can even rate and review your hair transplant surgeon.  

In fact, we recently updated and modernized our patient websites to be completely 100% mobile friendly. So you can use your mobile device, tablet or computer to share your experience, upload your photos, share videos and rate your surgeon.  

Just go to www.hairlossweblogs.com and click “create website“ or “register“. 

When you’re done, you can add a link to your patient website in your discussion forum signature and even this topic. For instructions on adding a link to your patient website in your forum signature, click here

Please let me know if you do create one and update us by posting a link here if you do so we can comment on it. 

Best wishes,

Bill

For your 8 month update and each month going forward can you please post pics outside similar to your 7 month 1 week?  Obviously these are going to be the worst looking pictures but it also really helps see the improvement compared to various indoor lighting month to month.  I think you are going to be happy with your 1 year results.   I'm over 5 months behind you at Asmed (mid march surgery).

Edited by xadiohead

25 minutes ago, xadiohead said:

For your 8 month update and each month going forward can you please post pics outside similar to your 7 month 1 week?  Obviously these are going to be the worst looking pictures but it also really helps see the improvement compared to various indoor lighting month to month.  I think you are going to be happy with your 1 year results.   I'm over 5 months behind you at Asmed (mid march surgery).

Might do. I have very pale skin and dark hair , so won’t look very good under camera. I don’t really want to be involved with the negative movement on this forum either , I almost deleted my account . Don’t want this thread to end up another negative one. 

I will continue to post a mixture of results