My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

A week before my 5 month mark

i took someone on here’s comments on board about mine looking thin due to the fact I had let it grow out so went for a haircut today.

really surprised with how my hair looks now ! 

Hair dresser said mine is me is better than his friends (who did it in London) and he is at 10 months .

he also said there are a load of hair still sprouting 

I hope for more thickness over the coming weeks 

D0D12C5D-6929-42FA-A110-14CFB99F53B4.jpeg

DE0A2DE6-5D29-4D78-9434-84E1B918A62F.jpeg

I remember seeing someone who had 5000 grafts at asmed in person at 6 months and thought it looked good, but looking back that was literally the start really. So yours is good and you’re very early doors

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

A week before my 5 month mark

i took someone on here’s comments on board about mine looking thin due to the fact I had let it grow out so went for a haircut today.

really surprised with how my hair looks now ! 

Hair dresser said mine is me is better than his friends (who did it in London) and he is at 10 months .

he also said there are a load of hair still sprouting 

I hope for more thickness over the coming weeks 

D0D12C5D-6929-42FA-A110-14CFB99F53B4.jpeg

DE0A2DE6-5D29-4D78-9434-84E1B918A62F.jpeg

The great thing is it will continue to sprout what it looks like now and what it will look like by 8 or 9 months will be night and day! I'm just a month behind you hopefully this will plan out well for both of us

• Thanks 1

Coming along nicely mate. Liking where the hairline has been placed, natural looking. Temple points also looking natural and not too aggressive like you see in some results. Once those temple areas starting thickening up over the coming months, think you will be very happy.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

The great thing is it will continue to sprout what it looks like now and what it will look like by 8 or 9 months will be night and day! I'm just a month behind you hopefully this will plan out well for both of us

Hey Farsan

i didn’t realise how much had changed until I had a hair cut 

Very happy 

3 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Looks good. This is 5 months right? What does the clinic think of your progress? How much more did they say things should improve and over how long?

Hey

nor sure If it’s 5 , I use calendar months so

ot will be 5 next week

to be honest they haven’t really asked me, I’ve sent a message on here a couple of time and I got a response once a month ago

ive whatsapped a coordinator (my coordinator left) but don’t really get a response that quickly

they gave me a paper saying what to expect but I am not sure where I have put it 

5 months today.

hair looks ok in normal lighting, but in strong light it doesn’t look appealing. 

The area behind the hairline line is very thin, but I can see lots of fine hairs that have just come through

hoping for big improvement over the next 4 weeks. 

197CF818-2B3E-46FE-9E27-2B4D9B413CC8.jpeg

43391501-495D-4B01-A33E-44F1888967E4.jpeg

8C23762F-1964-4948-AA54-DE4DC0E7ACB6.jpeg

Do you know diameter of your hair? You hair seems very like mine! I had my surgery at Asmed in july 2018 and currently i am 7 and a half month post surgery. Struggling with a weak hairline and low density. Still hoping for the things to get better!

another thing i noticed which is similar in our cases is that density at  temple points is very good. Especially compared to area behind hairline. Grafts at temple never shed in my case. Have you had any shedfing at temples??

5 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

Do you know diameter of your hair? You hair seems very like mine! I had my surgery at Asmed in july 2018 and currently i am 7 and a half month post surgery. Struggling with a weak hairline and low density. Still hoping for the things to get better!

another thing i noticed which is similar in our cases is that density at  temple points is very good. Especially compared to area behind hairline. Grafts at temple never shed in my case. Have you had any shedfing at temples??

No I never had any shedding in temples. They just grew. I also never shed in the very front of my hairline . Hair diameter 51 

I remeber waking uo during the surgery and a senior member of staff was working on the front section, it made me worried that maybe that’s why it didn’t shed. 

I am rematively ok with the hairline , but I hope it gets better. I am worried about behind the hairline as some areas look completely bald . However , when I zoom in using decent light I can see fine hair growing. See below 

5 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

786021A4-DAAE-4FED-846B-BCA64AD955B9.jpeg

6AEC219A-9243-42C8-9E1D-F658DE358D47.png

5 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

No I never had any shedding in temples. They just grew. I also never shed in the very front of my hairline . Hair diameter 51 

I remeber waking uo during the surgery and a senior member of staff was working on the front section, it made me worried that maybe that’s why it didn’t shed. 

I am rematively ok with the hairline , but I hope it gets better. I am worried about behind the hairline as some areas look completely bald . However , when I zoom in using decent light I can see fine hair growing. See below 

786021A4-DAAE-4FED-846B-BCA64AD955B9.jpeg

6AEC219A-9243-42C8-9E1D-F658DE358D47.png

Every one tells me i am maybe a slow grower! But how long can one expects new sprouting! I dont thinks thats the case with me. Lets wait and see a couple of more month to give a final call. 

Hang in there buddy & Good luck

Just now, Kraistoff said:

My coordinator has also left, so now who do I contact with questions?

has anybody been to asmed and had them ask you for photos or is it the patient that has to manage the customer / patient aftercare ? 

All they will say is wait till 12 month mark. They simply won't say anything else so you got no choice but to wait.

9 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

My coordinator has also left, so now who do I contact with questions?

has anybody been to asmed and had them ask you for photos or is it the patient that has to manage the customer / patient aftercare ? 

No, nobody at Asmed asked me about any updates. Sent them some pic at 6 month mark. And got told all looks normal and hair needs time to get mature. 

And to be honest i dont know what to ask either. One has to wait til 12 month to register a concern. 

Edited by MHR84

Wouldn't worry just yet. 5 months is still pretty early on and if the recipient area is exposed or viewed in strong/harsh light at this stage, don't think it's a total surprise that it may not look great.  Some people get exceptional results early on. For example redlord who also went to ASMED had amazing progress at 6 months however do believe that kind of progression is generally an exception.

Know it's not easy but probably best not to compare your progress to others and again with some ASMED patient's currently not happy with their progress, naturally it can make you anxious. However you should reach out to the clinic with pictures for their view on progress...if you've emailed the patient coordinator who has left and no one has picked up his/her emails (they should really be doing this to be honest and it would be poor form if the coordinator has left and the cases he/she were dealing with have not been handed over to someone else), they have contact details on their website.

It’s all about how I style my hair and obviously what light . 

Some days I’m happy, other days I feel anxious and I do compare to other brilliant results . But today o think my results look equal to someone else on this forum who is at 5 months and used another doctor in the us 

the few negative comments here about Asmed has got me worried

here is my hair brushed and just after a shower , in direct light after shower etc 

AF951C24-5AAD-4577-847C-02A1E765088D.jpeg

0E26AA86-2059-4750-9B80-F1D22C32A15E.jpeg

76729E49-2CD0-4240-974B-E15783B9D1C1.jpeg

A5663F64-8C37-44E8-BC38-DBA46E683529.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kraistoff said:

Some days I’m happy, other days I feel anxious and I do compare to other brilliant results . But today o think my results look equal to someone else on this forum who is at 5 months and used another doctor in the us 

here is my hair brushed and just after a shower , in direct light after shower etc 

I do not want to worry anyone don’t listen to me it looks like your hair is filling out nicely in these pictures still have a couple more months 

the hairline looks strong I was just a bit concerned about the patches at the back 

Edited by PGDMMB
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:03 AM, Kraistoff said:

Hey man, try not to worry too much.  Remember that at 5 months, only about 50% of your hair has "popped" through your scalp and 30% has "matured," which means you're likely still less than halfway to your result.  I think I already showed you the Dr. Bloxham piece, and here's another figure I found online from another clinic saying essentially the same thing:

timeline_hair_transplantation.jpg.03fd94eb776217e4d4cb6bee77770aed.jpg

Also, remember that most of the negativity on here has come from only two people, one of whom was banned for creating fake accounts (to provoke arguments and attack the clinic), and the other is a chronically negative individual at best.  Almost no one else who has expressed concerns is even close to the 12 month mark.  Additionally, there's a bit of a selection bias when people come on these forums to complain.  If someone thinks they had a mediocre result and then sees someone else who did as well, they're naturally going to want to connect to feel less alone and less anxious about their situation (plus, people are more likely to be loud when they're angry).  I doubt the majority of people who are happy with their results are spending a lot of time on internet forums still talking about their hair (with some notable exceptions) -- they'd probably be out enjoying it and forgetting they ever had a problem.

Edited by LordBaldwin

1 hour ago, LordBaldwin said:

Hey man, try not to worry too much.  Remember that at 5 months, only about 50% of your hair has "popped" through your scalp and 30% has "matured," which means you're likely still less than halfway to your result.  I think I already showed you the Dr. Bloxham piece, and here's another figure I found online from another clinic saying essentially the same thing:

timeline_hair_transplantation.jpg.03fd94eb776217e4d4cb6bee77770aed.jpg

Also, remember that most of the negativity on here has come from only two people, one of whom was banned for creating fake accounts (to provoke arguments and attack the clinic), and the other is a chronically negative individual at best.  Almost no one else who has expressed concerns is even close to the 12 month mark.  Additionally, there's a bit of a selection bias when people come on these forums to complain.  If someone thinks they had a mediocre result and then sees someone else who did as well, they're naturally going to want to connect to feel less alone and less anxious about their situation (plus, people are more likely to be loud when they're angry).  I doubt the majority of people who are happy with their results are spending a lot of time on internet forums still talking about their hair (with some notable exceptions) -- they'd probably be out enjoying it and forgetting they ever had a problem.

Good graph but it’s a bit confusing....

Are the percentages show “maturity”..because  it says ‘Hair transplant regrow timeline’?

Isnt there (2) timetables to go by, the new growth timeline/percentage & the maturity timeline/percentage?...at least that’s my takeaway from Dr Bloxhams explanation.

36 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Good graph but it’s a bit confusing....

Are the percentages show “maturity”..because  it says ‘Hair transplant regrow timeline’?

Isnt there (2) timetables to go by, the new growth timeline/percentage & the maturity timeline/percentage?...at least that’s my takeaway from Dr Bloxhams explanation.

Yes, I agree.  The chart, by itself, is a bit ambiguous and doesn't tell the whole story.  I assume it's referring to popping, but I think Bloxham's post paints a more complete picture (this graph merely reinforces the idea that, often times, you're not close to done at 5 months).