My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

• Administrators
On 5/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Payam said:

It's not really subjective though, for a certain number of grafts you expect a certain progression and result, I see nowhere near 4500 grafts in these pictures. Whether or not op will be satisfied should not stop us from objectively discuss the facts at hand correct?

No it’s ok to give your honest opinions. Truthfully, you can see clear improvements from 8 months to 13 months in your case. That’s why we should wait until a full year to make an official judgment. Now what we don’t know is whether he will be satisfied. Only time will tell.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

All,

yes my hair doesnt look look the best without product and in direct light , but inside and with a little fiber it looks really good, and I receive comments every day on how well it looks. I live on London so don’t usually

have to worry about direct sunlight . Plus I literally put a sprinkle of fiber in the morning and that’s it 

this is hair in harsh light. I used hair fibres yesterday and didn’t wash my hair plus I have been wearing a hard had 

5F028EF0-D303-4C15-8EFE-430FE8660C16.jpeg

Putting aside pictures, lighting etc for a moment, when you are going about your everyday life, has anyone commented on your hair, either negative or positive?

*Sorry should add when you don't have concealer on your scalp

Edited by Fozzie

10 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Putting aside pictures, lighting etc for a moment, when you are going about your everyday life, has anyone commented on your hair, either negative or positive?

Well I use fibres at the moment since I cut my hair , and people have given only positive comments . 

I am told it has taken 10 years off me, that it looks natural

Yes suppose it depends a lot on your close circle of family/friends and just how honest they are. My own are quite upfront and honest and don't really hold back.

Difficult to take much from the comment at 4 months as it's too early and every result should really be getting thicker from that point.

First of all Kraistoff, thank you for sharing your journey till now with us. 

I'll be having another HT next summer. I had one when I was 28, and so a second round was inevitable but I was too naive to think of that at the time. Your posts reminded me of the fact that the most gruelling part of the journey is the waiting period, and not the op itself. 

The initial high, when you see all the implanted hairs in within the first 3 weeks, then the dreaded shedding phase (which at the time you believe is the toughest point of the journey), and then the actual toughest part where you're waiting around 12-18 months to get the expected results.

The lesson I learned was that not everybody's hair grows and matures at the same time, and so constantly comparing my 8 or 9 month results to others didn't have any positive effect on my confidence. I was a slow grower also, and mine took around 14 months to look normal.

The desire for dramatic improvement in density is totally understandable, given the money and the mental battle that one has to gear up for every time a photo is taken under harsh lighting conditions. 

Just give it time man, and trust in your body to do its thing. It may take 14 to 18 months, just as mine did, so just hang in there and don't let negative thoughts ground themselves into your psyche. You definitely still have more time bro. Hang in there!

• Like 2

Hey Payam, 

the difference is amazing, from where I started I now have had that can look good . I currently use fibres to make it look better 

the main issue is behind hairline and bright lights . 

How i I comb my hair makes a big difference . I cannot spike my hair or have a quiff yet 

Looks good coverage-wise and possibly more improving to come.

Also, remember that you did not receive 4,500 grafts just in your hairline and frontal 1/3rd, which was pretty much bald except for the center island and you probably got somewhere between 3k-3,500 there and the rest in your temple triangles, which look very dense and nature considering that not many doctors and clinics can pull those off.

Hello mate

Sometimes I wish I didn’t get temple triangles or crown done and just did the front where I was bothered about and left other areas to the future if I needed 

I had only been on propecia for 6 months. Maybe the crown would have improved and didn’t need 1000 grafts .

the hairline design is good (well i’m happy). Just worries about behind the hairline and confused as to why it isn’t dense (bald in patches) as we spent time on the coverage calculator machine. I thought the coverage calculator would work out density required based on characteristics . Perhaps the total graft count should have been estimated AFTER the coverage calculator , as from what I remember it was after the discussions with the Dr and after I had paid the cash 

Edited by Kraistoff
More info

8.5 month update 

hair maturing , but still thin behind hairline which means I cannot really style my hair , I use toppik to go out .

i don’t think I can see any new sprouts 

i try not to think too much about it , clinic have said it looks on track but doesn’t help how I feel really. 

I have asked to talk to Dr Erdogan, or have photos of results like mine after 9ish months which turned out well to compare but they cannot provide due to data protection. 

I have been told by a well known critic online that I’m lucky it’s not worse (whatever that means !)

what is getting to me is that fact I had 1000 grafts implanted in the crown where there was a little bit of miniaturisation but I had only Just started propecia. I don’t think this was best use of grafts same with the temple triangles . Surely I should have got the hairline and behind hairline perfect before worrying about them? And blending the front in with the back rather than beefing up the back . How much can you think about it in 10 minutes though ?! 

feel free to comment and feed / reduce my paranoia 

B2AB1362-182A-4C54-8F67-56C380EAAF87.png

1DEFBBC2-D124-4794-95AC-CD1B30CA2D31.png

56179BA9-391F-4762-A80D-C4151282D109.png

0FCE78D8-CF91-4018-B528-938C59FAE982.png

7D0D9D3E-E93A-4B01-982F-90CC4DCE0520.png

46593D68-9F5B-4737-9983-35616EAB778C.png

25 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

what is getting to me is that fact I had 1000 grafts implanted in the crown where there was a little bit of miniaturisation but I had only Just started propecia. I don’t think this was best use of grafts same with the temple triangles

I agree,  if there was only miniaturisation in the crown, it was better to hold of transplanting there and see what propecia can do for you. Generally, I'm not a fan of spot filling areas in the crown. If someone has been on finasteride for a while and there's still a bald/thinned out area,  then fair enough. 

However, I believe that is a separate issue and doesn't have a bearing on the issue with density behind the hairline shown in the pictures. 

Regardless of the 1000 grafts used in the crown and 500 or so in the temple points, I'd guess you've still had 3000 grafts transplanted in the frontal  area. That's still a fair number of grafts and suppose the question is with that number of grafts, should you be expecting better density in the weak areas? I'd say yes.

Going by your 2 pre-op pics in your initial post, your main weak area looked like the band that runs from you temples and meets behind the fairlock. I'd say 3000-3500 grafts, with decent hair caliber, should be enough to give you a good result there. 

In some of your pictures, your hair does look good and overall there is a cosmetic improvement. However in certain pictures, the area behind the hairline does looks weak (right side looks weaker than the left?) and clear to see the concerns you have.

At 8.5 months, your kinda closing in on the final result so not sure just how much improvement there is to come. Certainly expect some further maturation which may help things but not sure if there will be anything that'll make a drastic improvement in the weak areas imo.

• 3 weeks later...

9 month update 

my hair is a little longer now and I am happy with how my hair looks, especially when I put a little toppik. 

I have posted photos of different lighting and combinations of dry and wet. Some photos is during my jog too which I think still looks ok

finally I’ve posted photos of my hair before , so you can see how crap my hair was to begin with.

After all, I do have dark hair and pale skin

any questions let me know, appreciate your comments 

BBD2C4B0-FA2C-40A8-A6F9-3D7BE04BDE6E.jpeg

14C946B6-79A6-4735-82FE-13905192BDFA.jpeg

9CB990A2-B527-473E-A2F8-F837D57AD1B8.jpeg

8A5B237B-3439-4DB5-BB22-796CC21BB14B.jpeg

D473A194-8BEC-4277-884A-2D6E0A27789C.jpeg

33B86209-5D23-4D3E-822B-C51B20484F36.jpeg

24932664-5A53-4BAE-A132-5243102B2093.jpeg

D7263F3B-7A15-4C48-9899-30C54338C43B.jpeg

73761BBD-C1A8-4BB7-91AF-801ACBE62C6B.png

Edited by Kraistoff

Definitely a much better change compared to your pre op photos, hopefully you experience another sprout/growth or thickening of any fine hairs in the lacking areas, but overall it’s definitely made you look a proper age rather than 10-15 years older like in the before photos.

Edited by CosmoKramer
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but I wouldn't be happy with that result. 

I used to think this Dr was amongst the worlds best but a few posts I have seen now have alarmed me. I think for 3500 grafts in the frontal third you should have had a much better result.

Edited by Mikey1970
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey1970 said:

Sorry but I wouldn't be happy with that result. 

I used to think this Dr was amongst the worlds best but a few posts I have seen now have alarmed me. I think for 3500 grafts in the frontal third you should have had a much better result.

Thanks Mikey

sometimes my hair looks good and other times it doesn’t really . I can have serious bad hair days depends which way my hair is waving or curling . 

Here is a photo inside and combed forward . 

F8EE185B-5BB8-4439-B529-6D15269198A2.jpeg

• Like 1

For those who are interested, here are some photos of my hair with a tiny bit of toppik

i must say that the operation has changed my life. I no longer worry about my frontal forelock and thinning mid scalp looking weird / stupid 

yes there are a couple of elements of the hair transplant I have been worried about such as the thin areas behind the hairline , overuse of sonar capacity etc, but how much can I expect with dark hair and light skin?

DE5758FD-7573-41C0-9F33-5F4DB3BFD147.jpeg

DCF260FC-0A04-4777-95BA-5378616CC2DD.jpeg

FC5B62F9-890C-4D23-9753-08F584AC6E5C.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

For those who are interested, here are some photos of my hair with a tiny bit of toppik

i must say that the operation has changed my life. I no longer worry about my frontal forelock and thinning mid scalp looking weird / stupid 

yes there are a couple of elements of the hair transplant I have been worried about such as the thin areas behind the hairline , overuse of sonar capacity etc, but how much can I expect with dark hair and light skin?

DE5758FD-7573-41C0-9F33-5F4DB3BFD147.jpeg

DCF260FC-0A04-4777-95BA-5378616CC2DD.jpeg

FC5B62F9-890C-4D23-9753-08F584AC6E5C.jpeg

No matter what anyone else says it's really a personal victory for you if you are happy. Your hairline looks great and I'm really happy to hear it's been life changing in a positive way for you. Congratulations brother. 

I just want to give you a huge thank you for your contribution to this site, you've updated regularly and with great honestly. You've taken some flak and handled it really well. Nothing but respect for you my man. 

Still progressing nicely, I completely agree with Jamthee’s comment. I’m very happy for you!

Oh, there’s still time for even more thickening of the hairs as I’m see it even at over two weeks post 12 months, so hopefully you’ll see the same.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:58 AM, Jamothee said:

No matter what anyone else says it's really a personal victory for you if you are happy. Your hairline looks great and I'm really happy to hear it's been life changing in a positive way for you. Congratulations brother. 

I just want to give you a huge thank you for your contribution to this site, you've updated regularly and with great honestly. You've taken some flak and handled it really well. Nothing but respect for you my man. 

Hey mate

i don't think I’ve taken any flak from anyone. Nobody has criticised me . 

In my opinion I think the results look well! Everyone wants thick density but it is not going to happen. I would hope you wouldn't need to use toppik anymore but that may come over the next few months, if I was you I would be happy with possibly looking for a 2nd OP to add more density if you feel you need it in the future.