My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

I think you've had a pretty good outcome thus far. I'd be pleased if I were you, at least compared to your pre-op photos; there's a night and day difference between the two.

I think you'd look better if you cut your hair more so it's more cropped and perhaps trim your eyebrows. I think that would look much better overall. 

I understand you would like more density etc., but that will probably always be the case. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

I think your hair looks great! Happy for you man.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, maltesefalcon said:

Good to hear.

Oddly, it seems that people are almost only ever interested in conversing on threads where Dr. Erdogan is in the title.

Almost every other thread goes empty!! 

I hear ya. 

It hasnt really helped (lots of negative comments ) 

i understand why, but it doesn’t help me who is constantly tracking my progress . 

The positive comments help. So thank you. 

Went for a hair cut today and asked the barber to keep it long on top and short on the sides

im sure it’s getting better, but I still have those bald patches behind the hairline . 

1B6B0E88-96CA-42D3-B024-8B60E8256B67.jpeg

1 hour ago, bismarck said:

Definitely give it till a year to see how things fill in and become a bit more robust. I'm sure not what you were hoping for at 10 months, but FUE can sometimes take longer to come in.

Any references that show that fue takes longer to grow in?

43 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Any references that show that fue takes longer to grow in?

I would check out the Beehner study but it's more of a colloquial observation based on cases here. FUE seems to have stringier and more delayed results on average than FUT in many cases from what I've seen. Very few formal studies comparing them head to head though.

7 hours ago, bismarck said:

Definitely give it till a year to see how things fill in and become a bit more robust. I'm sure not what you were hoping for at 10 months, but FUE can sometimes take longer to come in.

Not much else I can do really is there 

it has changed my life, with a bit of fibre my hair looks perfect . It’s just those bald spots behind the hairline. I don’t even think my grafts haven’t grown. Most of them have grown, just the areas behind the hairline weren’t planted as dense . 

I don't think grafts haven't grown 

If you look at the post op you can see Asmed packing the front but decreasing density behind, and if you aren't using meds you will loose more of the native hair around these spots which combined with the low density makes it look sparse 

Yes I’m using meds 

i know that hair transplants don’t halt balding ! 

Sometimes i I think of it was low density across the whole scalp it would look better as it would blend in. Now I have a beefed up crown and thin front . 

I dont think I needed crown work. This has made me question the ethics of the Dr to be honest. Did he really want to beef up my crown (knowing I’d just started meds) or did he want to squeeze another £3000 out of me. I honestly think it was latter. 

Hey Kraistoff - looking great.  Are you still experiencing density issues behind the hairline or do you think it’s been resolved?  Having gotten my HT not too long ago from Asmed as well, I’m pretty interested in your result and how things have been shaking out for you.

Hello mate thanks for taking an interest

im not even sure if they are “issues” . I didn’t have unrealistic expectations and knew the style of my hair would effect the illusion of density 

But yes, behind the hairline can look crap if the wind catches it and I assume it won’t look as good if I cut my hair shorter . The clinic said I still have time for improvement. 

ADF46AEF-CF8B-4285-92FB-42A7A22CA62A.jpeg

Wet and combed back hair in natural daylight

as you can see the hairline is a lot denser than the mid scalp where I still have density issues. These cannot be noticed when hair dry and might still improve 

E1492449-05F1-4496-A11E-C986F9764A56.jpeg

974FA6AC-5096-4960-AE89-648ACABC1CB7.jpeg

C50254DD-D34C-4D61-A764-AEECEBFCB412.jpeg

D150BE40-30E9-4FBE-9608-57F88AF14F3E.jpeg

4728F320-8730-4D0A-9E88-A5384D311539.jpeg