My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

• Administrators

Looks great congrats 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

This will be my last post on this thread - I leave you with a positive mind. 

im now 10 months post op and nothing much changed . I’m very happy with my hair and the issue I had (personally) with minor lack of density behind hairline (which Asmed sorted out for me free) is not an issue anymore.

To anyone thinking about surgery and making a post on here, please be ready for the amount of negative comments to out number positive ones, as people will try to make you feel bad , either for a laugh or due to them having their own vendetta against someone or a certain clinic. 

A massive thank you to Dr Koray and the while team for giving me this result and for helping me when I was paranoid (which I was when looking back as there wasn’t much wrong with my first result, it was the negative people on here that poisoned my mind) 

I would say that Asmed are one of the best clinics in the world and this is reflected on how they treat their patients and stand by their work. 

all the best, happy growing

p.s - I will return when my crown decides to disappear

great result mate <3

I'm planning on a future hair transplant and the mental side of a HT seems to bew the hardest part. 

I am so glad and happy that you are sorted out and pleased with the results.

Your hair looks amazing. 10/10

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Will you be posting your own journey ? Did you choose the top option ? 

I'm kinda a read-only on this great network but I will be sharing my experience for sure. I went with the middle option as I cannot afford the top option plus this pandemic made the flights prices really high. I think based on my research that few coordinators recommend the middle option and trust the ASMED team.

I'm pleased that you are happy with your result but what a disrespectful last post, it almost reads as if someone from the clinic took control of your account. All the support and help you've had from this community and that's the thanks they get, a complete slap in the face. 

Enjoy your hair.

8 hours ago, BLE123 said:

I'm pleased that you are happy with your result but what a disrespectful last post, it almost reads as if someone from the clinic took control of your account. All the support and help you've had from this community and that's the thanks they get, a complete slap in the face. 

Enjoy your hair.

My point entirely. 

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone 

appreciate I said the last was my last post ,but thought I’d drop in to show my 4 and (almost) a half year result.

to Be honest I couldn’t be happier , and my hair doesn’t bother me anymore . I can go out without worrying about the wind and rain, I can put gel in some days but other days I just put in some water and then comb it when wet to get the direction I want , and nobody could even tell.

looking back , I’m happy I went to Asmed, as even though the first result was good, they invited me Back and helped me with the issues I had. 

I also thank everyone in this forum and hope My record can help others like me In future . 

I am now 35, and to Be honest a part of me thinks ‘ why the hell did I let my hairloss Bother me to begin with?’ - but I cannot complain . My advice is if it bothers you and you can afford It , go for it.

7497E71A-4604-42B7-A751-9EB7C059E14D.jpeg

• Like 2

This thread is a testament to how much lighting & styling can influence how good or bad a transplant can look lol.  The result goes from average to excellent every second photo update. Main thing is when you style it correctly it looks great 👍

On 2/26/2023 at 3:53 AM, Spring15 said:

This thread is a testament to how much lighting & styling can influence how good or bad a transplant can look lol.  The result goes from average to excellent every second photo update. Main thing is when you style it correctly it looks great 👍

Hey

i don’t fully agree . I think it looks good all the time in later photos . Whilst early on I needed to maintain length and style . Now I can pretty much do any length / style 

On 3/16/2020 at 2:23 AM, Kraistoff said:

So everyone .

clinic has been in contact and I am debating whether to return to sort the density behind hairline out. 

i was given a reason for the poor result by the surgeon which did kind of help me think I’ll be ok second time around . 

i have asked that if I do go back I get the most experienced team working on me , which I don’t think is unreasonable given the circumstances 

my last hair cut was cut too short and was messed up, but you can see the difference in density well now . 

8C9F2773-6D9B-465B-A318-A4B9015FEAAF.jpeg

Did they tell you that the reason was because the team that did your first surgery at ASMED was less experienced? I probably got an even less experienced team than you did cuz I had way more hair than you before surgery and had 5000 grafts and then you had a much better result than I did. Many of my 5000 grafts died at ASMED 

Im sorry but in my opinion this is a mediocre result considering your starting point and the final result which i feel you are somewhat hiding by combing your hair sideways. This is 6000 grafts at premium prices including the touch up, anyone considering ASMED should go and look at what eugenix or other clinics is doing with those amounts.

Edited by botchedguy95

14 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Im sorry but in my opinion this is a mediocre result considering your starting point and the final result which i feel you are somewhat hiding by combing your hair sideways. This is 6000 grafts at premium prices including the touch up, anyone considering ASMED should go and look at what eugenix or other clinics is doing with those amounts.

Fair enough 

although I can say I’m happy with my hair now. The result is the result . 

• 1 month later...

This is a superb case study, complete with ups and downs, the full range of emotion, anxiety, anticipation, excitement, regret and gratitude, thankfully with a happy ending. Excellent documentation in lots of different lightings, wet and dry hair, various angles, at every stage of the process.

The areas that didn’t seem to yield as well (it happens.) were masked well with styling. It just goes to show how important it is to find a style that works for you. The second surgery really finished it off.

The hairline looks great and the temple points in particular are exceptionally well done. Hopefully hair loss is a thing of the past now, and remains so into the future for you.

• 4 months later...

5 YEAR UPDATE 

Almost 5 years since my first procedure with Asmed and still get a buzz when I get a new haircut.

My result was better than I ever expected, and changed my life . I even think now how silly I was worrying about going bald , but easy to say that when I’m happy with my hair .

I think the fin every day and Avodart twice a week has maintained the crown 

If anyone has any questions feel free to message me 

IMG_5629.png

IMG_5631.jpeg

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

• Like 6