My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

35 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Here’s a before and after 

12003ABD-D131-47F4-B2CD-A64E5383148E.jpeg

Mate that’s a big positive difference and there’s still months ahead for improvement. The side temples finish things off nicely too.

Got to be honest,  if I were to go from your before picture to your after pic at 7-8 months, I'd be very happy with how things are going. Considering you still have 4-5 months to go and possibly up to the 18th month mark for things to fully mature, you have every reason to be hopeful. 

Sometimes it's easy get caught up in over analysing things every few days/weeks etc (even more difficult when there's negativity floating around a clinic/surgeon which throw doubt into your mind) while forgetting just where we you have come from in terms of your pre-op state.

Keep in mind, your temple areas weren't just thinning but were slick bald. It's never easy to get things 100% right after one HT procedure especially when you are dealing with areas which are slick bald imo however in terms of cosmetic appearance, there's a massive difference between how your hair was and how it is now. Face is framed and the hairline and temple points look just right, not overly aggressive or overly conservative.

Hopefully density will improve as well but from your pictures, your procedure was 100% worth it imo as there's a clear cosmetic improvement from where you were to where you are now and at the end of the day that has to be the overriding goal of a HT.

3 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Honestly, I think your progress from these photos looks great, with more months to come. As for your density concern, I would take less density over an unnatural or bad looking hairline and temple points & triangles, they did a great job with those as they look natural, if a little more density is needed then that can be added if needed later.

i agree with @Fozzie ‘s comment.

Edited by VicTNYC

10 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Might do. I have very pale skin and dark hair , so won’t look very good under camera. I don’t really want to be involved with the negative movement on this forum either , I almost deleted my account . Don’t want this thread to end up another negative one. 

I will continue to post a mixture of results 

That's fair, just figured if you did it once you wouldn't mind to keep doing it.   I don't think I would have the nerve to be able to do it myself!   I think yours is already a success with several months to go.  Sure there is still some density lacking behind the hairline but looks tremendously better than your before and you still have several months for growth.    I'm hope I'm where you are at in 5 months.  

On 4/26/2019 at 3:13 AM, Jamothee said:

Funny that you are the only one saying this Melvin.

I believe the OP has more than enough cause to be worried; the number of grafts used is likely over half of total (max.) available grafts for his lifetime. For this to be 60% to 70% of the final result is not ok. I have honestly seen 4 month results with half this graft number look denser. 

As a completely unbiased, independent party; I must admit that your opinion of this being acceptable appears dubious. 

Anyone that is genuinely considering using Asmed needs to see this review (and the other half dozen lack luster results over the past year) and add this to their due diligence. 

I've got no bone to pick with anyone but I do believe that we need to reconsider Asmed as one of the top places to go anymore. Erdogan is no doubt fantastic, as his past results can attest, however, Asmed has basically become a tech driven cash cow from what it appears.

Good luck OP, I hope that for your sake the results improve over the next 6 months. 

Nope Melvin is not the only one that has noticed patients expecting better density at 6-7 months ,seems to be a growing trend.Even though I had pretty good growth at 7 months ,it still looked crap compared to 12 months, I actually think it takes up to the 14 -15 mark for transplanted hair to fullyl mature ,but clinics down-play this as not to put people off having a transplant.

The OP looks right on track for more than an acceptable result in my opinion and fair play to him for showing his hair in harsh lighting ,obviously he hasn't gone as far as what Payam did ,but I would advise to show the result in more neutral lighting just inside with natural light coming in as well, but everyone has to realise that most transplants are just an illusion apart form the lucky few who can pretty much achieve natural density. Too many people who don't know what they are talking about putting the downer on results before final result has been achieved.

Edited by Mick50

I'm not going to put together a side by side myself, but if you look at where OP was at 4.5 months for example compared to now he's pretty much a textbook example of a slow grower. I wouldn't be happy with this as a final result but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if OP was happy by around 10 months. His growth seemed to all start a month after the average patient including myself.

You can look at Cosmo's result to see a similar occurrence. Even if it doesn't work out, a free touchup under 1500 grafts would likely leave OP golden. 

• Administrators

It’s improving for sure and I suspect it will continue to improve in the coming months. As Bill mentioned, please consider creating a patient website of your results. By 12 months I’m sure you’ll be happy.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It still doesn’t look good at all when outside 

I hope my scalp will be covered when outside once all grown in / matured , because at the moment outside or under direct light my hair looks thin. 

The area behind the hairline is particularly bad when outside , and I know less density was put in here . 

I hope I don’t need a second procedure so soon after . That makes a 18 month journey a 3 year journey , and not too happy using so many grafts in the front. 

On 5/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, Kraistoff said:

That picture brings forward a lot of positives. Your hairline design looks perfect, adding the temporal peaks was a great choice and the donor looks good from that picture at least. The foundation is there, now we await the next few months to find out the real result.

Good day all,

so I am now practically 8 months post op. 

Wothout styling my hair and using fibres , when my hair is at current length i don’t have the look I am aiming for. However with a little paste and a little fibre my hair can look brilliant . 

I have taken a mixture of photos, inside , outside , out of direct light and in direct light . 

A couple are outside with no styling product , and other with a little paste but NO FIBRES . I think it’s important to show hair styled as who would spend £10k on an operation and not to bother styling their hair when they go outside .

POSITIVES

Hairline is denser than the mid scalp. 

Hairline looks natural

no noticeable multi grafts in hairline 

donor area looks perfect

hairline design good

only at 8 months and perhaps more growth and thickening to happen 

Temple peaks and frontal lock look perfect - these areas never shed and grew from day one 

NOT SO POSITIVES

My Left side of head is less dense than the right 

density behind the hairline isn’t satisfying . I think this is a big issue to the overall result and density behind the hairline is important for the illusion of density in the hairline due to passage of light

my pale skin and dark hair makes hair look a lot thinner when outside 

left hand side hairline won’t stay up and falls over when styled - maybe due to density 

Transplanted hair doesn’t blend well with existing hair. IM not sure if this is due to my features 

The last but one photo shows my left side which I think looks bad and is quite disappointing for me. Hopefully this will improve 

I think the lighting of each photo is self explanatory , but if you have any questions please do respond 

thanks 

9D989263-67B9-4035-87E6-7A4A3D36C257.jpeg

48019251-CB74-4BE7-8B3F-20AAEFD66C7D.jpeg

BE483E55-B68C-42CB-B2DD-7BD630CE6B34.jpeg

37CAFAF2-441A-481A-A29A-E5C14D02F3D3.jpeg

1D484B1C-A0D4-40C5-9A0E-2D643FFD8AC9.jpeg

F46A96D3-0A24-47E0-8A11-30920C75AE0A.jpeg

0626548B-D277-42F8-991C-49DC8D323522.jpeg

DEBD4EB9-DCB1-47DA-AAA6-814D16D6A5D5.jpeg

DD897DA4-55F6-4841-926B-2FB1ED77F1DC.jpeg

7A66F39C-472F-4060-BD68-7CC0C5180D37.jpeg

C69201B6-21D4-44E1-AECB-17CCDCFA3475.jpeg

AAA771F9-40CF-41AD-BDDA-5148B146D676.jpeg

84D7F4C8-68B2-4A44-BD7D-ECDE9E6AB6CC.jpeg

A294F0A8-E11D-427B-981E-60644FFF34F7.jpeg

FA5B94A4-B6B9-46DD-9120-FA418D04BE3F.jpeg

Cheers 

I’m trying to not let it worry me. 

The thing that worries me the most is if it stays like this and doesn’t get any better , and having to use another 1000 grafts to get it fixed. I will have used 5500 grafts then and won’t have much left for future loss . 

Keep telling myself that I spent a considerable amount of money to go to a top clinic, but recent feedback contradicts this . 

I would wait 12 months and even try to grow the hair longer. If this does not come out good we should demand a explanation from the clinic or refund. Paying that kind of amount and not getting paid what you paid for is in my opinion not okay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kraistoff said:

I wouldn’t say my hair is “short” now , would you? 

If it does fail, I would want to know how much grafts survived and a reason why it didn’t. 

Nah i don't think it's short but some length can really add thickness to rhe result. Try it :)

11 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Cheers 

I’m trying to not let it worry me. 

The thing that worries me the most is if it stays like this and doesn’t get any better , and having to use another 1000 grafts to get it fixed. I will have used 5500 grafts then and won’t have much left for future loss . 

Keep telling myself that I spent a considerable amount of money to go to a top clinic, but recent feedback contradicts this . 

End of the day not everyone’s body is the same and some simply don’t grow as well as others. Although like yours my left side is also miles behind my right side despite it growing well  

Thanks for providing all the pictures.  There is definitely lots of room for improvement but you still have about 5 months (13 month mark) left before you can ultimately decide on the result.  I don't think you are going to drastically improve in that amount of time, but hopefully enough to where it doesn't look so sparse in those areas behind the hairline.    I still think it is already a drastic improvement from your pre-op pics.

21 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Good day all,

so I am now practically 8 months post op. 

Wothout styling my hair and using fibres , when my hair is at current length i don’t have the look I am aiming for. However with a little paste and a little fibre my hair can look brilliant . 

I have taken a mixture of photos, inside , outside , out of direct light and in direct light . 

A couple are outside with no styling product , and other with a little paste but NO FIBRES . I think it’s important to show hair styled as who would spend £10k on an operation and not to bother styling their hair when they go outside .

POSITIVES

Hairline is denser than the mid scalp. 

Hairline looks natural

no noticeable multi grafts in hairline 

donor area looks perfect

hairline design good

only at 8 months and perhaps more growth and thickening to happen 

Temple peaks and frontal lock look perfect - these areas never shed and grew from day one 

NOT SO POSITIVES

My Left side of head is less dense than the right 

density behind the hairline isn’t satisfying . I think this is a big issue to the overall result and density behind the hairline is important for the illusion of density in the hairline due to passage of light

my pale skin and dark hair makes hair look a lot thinner when outside 

left hand side hairline won’t stay up and falls over when styled - maybe due to density 

Transplanted hair doesn’t blend well with existing hair. IM not sure if this is due to my features 

The last but one photo shows my left side which I think looks bad and is quite disappointing for me. Hopefully this will improve 

I think the lighting of each photo is self explanatory , but if you have any questions please do respond 

thanks 

9D989263-67B9-4035-87E6-7A4A3D36C257.jpeg

48019251-CB74-4BE7-8B3F-20AAEFD66C7D.jpeg

BE483E55-B68C-42CB-B2DD-7BD630CE6B34.jpeg

37CAFAF2-441A-481A-A29A-E5C14D02F3D3.jpeg

1D484B1C-A0D4-40C5-9A0E-2D643FFD8AC9.jpeg

F46A96D3-0A24-47E0-8A11-30920C75AE0A.jpeg

0626548B-D277-42F8-991C-49DC8D323522.jpeg

DEBD4EB9-DCB1-47DA-AAA6-814D16D6A5D5.jpeg

DD897DA4-55F6-4841-926B-2FB1ED77F1DC.jpeg

7A66F39C-472F-4060-BD68-7CC0C5180D37.jpeg

C69201B6-21D4-44E1-AECB-17CCDCFA3475.jpeg

AAA771F9-40CF-41AD-BDDA-5148B146D676.jpeg

84D7F4C8-68B2-4A44-BD7D-ECDE9E6AB6CC.jpeg

A294F0A8-E11D-427B-981E-60644FFF34F7.jpeg

FA5B94A4-B6B9-46DD-9120-FA418D04BE3F.jpeg

I find it so intriguing that your temples grew immediately and seemingly with a higher growth rate than behind the hairline, same with the forelock perhaps also. Honestly some of the best temple work I've seen anywhere which is strange considering the lesser growth areas. At least that's the impression I get from these photos.

Realistically, I think you'll get slight improvement to 12 months from here but will likely need another 1500ish grafts to fill in those problem areas. 

• Administrators

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. You still have time for improvements. Give it until 12 months. If you look at Payams last post, he improved quite a bit. Even though he was underwhelmed, his appearance changed a lot in 13 months. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:38 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. You still have time for improvements. Give it until 12 months. If you look at Payams last post, he improved quite a bit. Even though he was underwhelmed, his appearance changed a lot in 13 months. 

It's not really subjective though, for a certain number of grafts you expect a certain progression and result, I see nowhere near 4500 grafts in these pictures. Whether or not op will be satisfied should not stop us from objectively discuss the facts at hand correct?