My hair transplant at Asmed Istanbul - 4500 grafts FUE

Kraistoff

If you knew it deep down it shouldn't matter that they said you will need it or not. Im sure you would have still gone through with it either way.Even with me they didn't say I need one again but the dr said if you want the temples done you can do it next time and then we will finish of the top too.. step by step they told me. 

You're only 4 and half months so right now don't worry about how it is now. Trust the process and wait.

• Like 1

Yes Farsan

but I would have thought I’d have been told  by my doctor . I asked them for a high density hairline and I was told 50 grafts per cm2 was optimum . I have recently been told by a guy called Ardun (who took over when Esen left) that I had 48 grafts per cm2 so I should not be far off what Erdofan told me .

regardless, I am already happy (ish) as I now have a hairline and a frame to my face . If I have to go again so be it . 

Fact of the matter is ; all hair transplant clinics exist to make money. Asmed do produce brilliant results , but I do think they could work on their pre surgery consultation with Erdogan. He is a top notch doctor and should input a little bit more , not to the surgery as such , but to the experiences of his patience before and after it takes place. Even if all his results were 100% you would still have some people saying he should input a bit more . 

At the moment, at 4.5 months I am happy , but hope to god I can look like I’ve got coverage over my scalp after 10 months 

5 minutes ago, FarsanUk said:

If you knew it deep down it shouldn't matter that they said you will need it or not. Im sure you would have still gone through with it either way.Even with me they didn't say I need one again but the dr said if you want the temples done you can do it next time and then we will finish of the top too.. step by step they told me. 

You're only 4 and half months so right now don't worry about how it is now. Trust the process and wait.

Well really it should matter Farsan. We’re going to a doctor , someone who went to medical university and competed a degree. Which probably covered ethics and all that. For all they knew , I was a muppet from wales who knew nothing. I raised my concerns and I was told not to worry . I wasn’t told “you will need another transplant to get the density due to your characteristics “ 

Why can you ( a non-doctor and other patient ) give me this advice but not my carefully selected doctor ? 

Yes I completely agree with you. That's something he has taken his eye off in the past few years. Also realise that if you do need to go back it won't be as big a session as you had first time. Believe me I know exactly how you feel I'm a month behind you and I do get those negative thoughts in my head too but just remember if it looks this good bow and you're seeing daily improvements just imagine at 8 months !

• Like 2

Btw kraistoff, check this thread out. It should give you something to look forward too. It talks about an average timeline of sprouts/maturation through the months post op. At 4 months it claims roughly 30-50% of hairs have sprouted and matured about 20%. I think you have a lot to look forward to in the coming months

On 1/18/2019 at 5:51 PM, Kraistoff said:

18 weeks or 4 months and 1 week.

hoping for a few more spouts ....... 

bair does not not look very good under sunlight or outside really. 

8E8C0CDD-15DE-424C-B82C-8C9E9983049B.jpeg

E2896B79-2B74-4D59-A9AF-591DF9D5D8F4.jpeg

DFA74E50-9550-4ABC-801C-8CB161A3F455.png

233C0747-4FCF-40BF-81BA-015148462F92.png

It's getting there mate 👌 I think you're in for a great result. 

13 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Btw kraistoff, check this thread out. It should give you something to look forward too. It talks about an average timeline of sprouts/maturation through the months post op. At 4 months it claims roughly 30-50% of hairs have sprouted and matured about 20%. I think you have a lot to look forward to in the coming months

Great link buddy 👌

On 1/26/2019 at 10:54 PM, FarsanUk said:

Yes I completely agree with you. That's something he has taken his eye off in the past few years. Also realise that if you do need to go back it won't be as big a session as you had first time. Believe me I know exactly how you feel I'm a month behind you and I do get those negative thoughts in my head too but just remember if it looks this good bow and you're seeing daily improvements just imagine at 8 months !

Haha it is funny how we all get moments and doubt , then one day we wake up , look in the mirror and say “OMG I’ve got decent looking hair !”

Before and 4.5 months with flash below 

BF8BFD8B-0B22-4134-8FE9-A1B0A0046192.jpeg

21 hours ago, Kraistoff said:

Haha it is funny how we all get moments and doubt , then one day we wake up , look in the mirror and say “OMG I’ve got decent looking hair !”

@Kraistoff-    You are doing great buddy. I am also in the same boat. This will look great in couple of more months.

• Thanks 1

20 weeks post op 

DOES THIS MEAN 5 MONTHS ? 

Feel like my hair is getting thicker everyday. But still don’t like how it looks in natural lighting . Is natural lighting going to be my enemy forever ? 

DE57215E-5203-4DAE-A0DC-0CEEFC88ED0D.jpeg

53EBAF03-390D-4F01-9AB4-91A2104D1FB1.jpeg

Edited by Kraistoff

4 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

20 weeks post op 

DOES THIS MEAN 5 MONTHS ? 

Feel like my hair is getting thicker everyday. But still don’t like how it looks in natural lighting . Is natural lighting going to be my enemy forever ? 

DE57215E-5203-4DAE-A0DC-0CEEFC88ED0D.jpeg

53EBAF03-390D-4F01-9AB4-91A2104D1FB1.jpeg

From what I've read you need to really wait the full 12 to 18 months to see the true result.

On 1/28/2019 at 1:30 AM, Kraistoff said:

This is partly why I decided to post my bi-monthly progress photos on this site....so I can look back on my own progress all in one spot instead of digging through photos, much easier to see how much has changed for the better.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:31 PM, CosmoKramer said:

This is partly why I decided to post my bi-monthly progress photos on this site....so I can look back on my own progress all in one spot instead of digging through photos, much easier to see how much has changed for the better.

Thanks mate

i honestly feel it’s getting better everyday 

I am receiving loads of comments

This is it in normal room light ....

D5A105C1-5944-4C8D-BCD7-E14594D25BA0.jpeg

704A8499-A92F-4029-BE2A-B7E2A8C43AA0.jpeg

90CC137E-4131-4A01-AE61-EE4FF811D9E8.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like you are progressing and still have lots of time but seeing a big change with the framing of your face!!!! I am feeling same thing as you sometimes it looks good but in certain lights doesn't look good. Hope the thickening comes in the 2nd half of the 12 month process. I let my hair get long  on top and think its making it look thinner ....going tomorrow for a hair cut hope it helps it look thicker. Since the 6 month point I started using hair styling product and honestly thinking it makes it look thinner than just leaving it natural as it weighs hair down. 

• Thanks 1

Based on a recent post by Dr. Blake Bloxham (shown below), at 5 months, only 50% of your transplanted hairs have sprouted and only 30% of your transplanted hair has "matured" (i.e., thickened and developed texture like your native hair).  In other words, there should be a lot of improvement yet to come for you.

• Thanks 1

Looks great. Can I ask how you are responding to the comments? Are you open with the transplant or do you just say you started using propecia or something similar?

I'm wondering since I'm considering a transplant myself similar to yours and I suppose either one is just open with it, or one has to take a few weeks of work / working at home. If it sheds in the first weeks anyways and grows slowly from there it would look quite natural.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:55 PM, Kraistoff said:

Thanks mate

i honestly feel it’s getting better everyday

I am receiving loads of comments

This is it in normal room light ....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiio said:

Looks great. Can I ask how you are responding to the comments? Are you open with the transplant or do you just say you started using propecia or something similar?

I'm wondering since I'm considering a transplant myself similar to yours and I suppose either one is just open with it, or one has to take a few weeks of work / working at home. If it sheds in the first weeks anyways and grows slowly from there it would look quite natural.

Hello Kiko

i work in construction for a large developer. I just told everyone I was going for a hair transplant and to be perfectly honest nobody really cared. A few people asked “why dont you just embrace it and shave your head” and I would respond by saying “I have tried it and I don’t like it , it suits some people but I didn’t want to have  my hair like that”

nobody really cares. The most awkward part is when you’re talking to someone who is completely bald as I felt they would be self conscious about their head. 

I am glad I was open about it. I can imagine that hiding it would cause awkwardness .

inwas surprised about how many other men in my industry either knew someone who had done it or were considering doing it themselves. 

36 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

How are you liking your new hairline and new temple triangles now that things are filling in?

Some days I’m pleased other days I’m worried really

they look good in darkish lighting , once I’m under a light or in typical bathroom lighting or outside it looks thin, but I can still see quite a bit of hair sprouting and a lot of very thin hair when zoomed in which should thicken 

the temple peaks never shed and have been here since the transplant took place , same for the frontal forelock