FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, kw877 said:

How many more grafts would you say? I’m just apprehensive to go back unless I know I’m gonna get the best techs and a lot more input from the Dr. I understand it’s the standard now that techs will do the bulk of it but I wanna know I’m with the best ones. Especially if it’s a second pass as I understand it takes a lot more knowledge to implant between older grafts?

I would wait until 18 months, you seem to be a slow grower. Your results have improved a lot from month 6, it is possible it will continue to thicken and the amount of grafts you require for a touch-up will decrease. Currently, I think 1,000 grafts would give you an ultra-dense result. That said, it could be 600 in another 6 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

20 hours ago, kw877 said:

9 months and 1 week. You can see why I’m depressed lol. No improvement at all, let’s get real this is about as good as it will get. Beyond disappointed, confidence is definitely at a low. My left temple is especially bad, the gaps are huge and if my hairs not combed over I look like I have a bald spot. CAC8F9DB-C77C-4573-90F4-749170AD750C.thumb.jpeg.b314d1f36409c71ff3104b3fabfc0c0a.jpegAC54E844-7170-43A8-8C52-A85846E88B01.thumb.jpeg.429073aa62a55b9f13b7887e9484df4b.jpegE9BBA6B9-1C22-4548-8C6F-338B27C10440.thumb.jpeg.9a87324e42e49c86f9c7cc7931d61ccc.jpeg8DBCF55B-CF80-4F50-9B60-7AFF2ECF4FFB.thumb.jpeg.3ded227d5e3614c4a73df06b15a97a83.jpeg61FBE0B1-2DF9-421C-A0C9-E5E4001FA4F9.thumb.jpeg.8ac820938dc582f5d69bc4e8fc9deb90.jpeg

5906AC5A-6075-4B1B-A989-257F1C9C55F7.jpeg

No hairline should look like this at 9 months. 

If there is already a talk of minor touch at 9 months so it means it's a botched result? "Minor touch up" with 800 to 1000 grafts would mean 4000 grafts used jus around the hairline. That's ridiculous !

I really hope things improve for you. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I would wait until 18 months, you seem to be a slow grower. Your results have improved a lot from month 6, it is possible it will continue to thicken and the amount of grafts you require for a touch-up will decrease. Currently, I think 1,000 grafts would give you an ultra-dense result. That said, it could be 600 in another 6 months.

Unfortunately there’s been no improvement from about month 5> No new hairs, still frizzy and dry too :( probably just different position to other pics. I’ve looked and looked at all the pics I’ve kept a log of on my phone and can’t see anything better and it’s super depressing.

32 minutes ago, Kingbilla said:

No hairline should look like this at 9 months. 

If there is already a talk of minor touch at 9 months so it means it's a botched result? "Minor touch up" with 800 to 1000 grafts would mean 4000 grafts used jus around the hairline. That's ridiculous !

I really hope things improve for you. Good luck.

Yeah I’m not excited or happy about needing more. 3000 was by far the top end of quotes I had, I had 1500-2000 from other doctors. I thought I’d have much better density from the extra 1000/1500. To need another 1000 is mind boggling :/

Could it just be that your own body rejected some of the hairs? You know, like when other organ transplants are rejected, sometimes it's not the Surgeons fault, but just the body's chemistry??  This is all theory and speculation.  But I hope you can get a touch up and get a nice and dense hairline. 

54 minutes ago, therealmvp2016 said:

Could it just be that your own body rejected some of the hairs? You know, like when other organ transplants are rejected, sometimes it's not the Surgeons fault, but just the body's chemistry??  This is all theory and speculation.  But I hope you can get a touch up and get a nice and dense hairline. 

Id be inclined to believe that some may just have not taken, but the fact that my issues are identical to that of most cases to come out of the clinic lately makes me think not. Also its rare that a body would reject its own tissue, its not like its a foreign body like an organ transplant etc. It was plucked from my head and implanted back in my head.

Its very sad to see this buddy..in my opinion a touch up will be unavoidable. Nobody can explain why a transplanted density of nearly 50 grafts per sqm will end in 20. Its sure not the end result, but I haven't seen a growth explosion after 9 months. :( I really hope you get some improvement. Stay strong 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:35 AM, munich said:

Its very sad to see this buddy..in my opinion a touch up will be unavoidable. Nobody can explain why a transplanted density of nearly 50 grafts per sqm will end in 20. Its sure not the end result, but I haven't seen a growth explosion after 9 months. :( I really hope you get some improvement. Stay strong 

I know it feels awful to know how many grafts I’ve lost that I’ll never get back, definitely not even close to 30 grafts per cm2 never mind 50! I counted 15 in some spots. Not sure what to do.

Almost 10 months now and I’m so disappointed (understatement). There’s just no way it’s gonna improve as much as it needs to at this point, it’s so see through and if I get a bit sweaty it looks 10x worse. Suppose it’s pointless to even bother asking for a refund or even partial refund so I can get it repaired.

So much trauma for this result lol 

F6FEBAEF-28C9-4CF4-B7AD-3E9FC784DB41.thumb.jpeg.b508db37620d001254bab03dd31cbe54.jpegEC74AC5B-126C-4CDF-A1C9-4ADF3359E1C0.thumb.jpeg.d0c6e9558bf14b65f1661485ab22e18f.jpeg8B2F1363-F8A2-43A9-8643-85D917A413B3.thumb.jpeg.e5b66ed8ba912a8f6a60c801f809a58c.jpeg

1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

i would definitely expect a much better result for having 3000 implanted in that sized area...

I know, using a ruler and photoshopping a cm sq some parts have 14 grafts. I was expecting 45+. Like wtf

2 hours ago, mosd said:

I have always been defending asmed and even wanted to go there myself but i think it's time we start taking these complains seriously. 

Pictures speak a thousand words. I don’t see the point in trying to trash them, I’d rather just present my pics and review honestly, and in all honestly I’m really depressed about it. 

It wasn’t an easy thing to go through, I flew from California, the 12+ hour flight back swollen and bruised with my scalp on fire, weeks of intense pain in my donor, months of looking terrible and $10,000 out of pocket to arrive at this point is literally devastating. 

• Like 1

Hey KW8, sorry to hear u disappointed ,, I can see the sadness in ur eyes .. ur results aren’t bad .. it’s fixable .. u just need a few hundred grafts into the hairline .. when I look at ur pre-op pics .. the first 3 rows of hair aren’t dense packed .. it’s spaced evenly all around .. I noticed the top hairline docs usually dense pack those first few rows.. to eliminate the see thru-effect . Well anyway best wishes to u ..

have u contacted the clinic ? Maybe u can get a partial refund so u can get it fixed somewhere else .. they have good customer service there.. let them know U have this thread running , n people want to know how they will resolve ur situation . 

Edited by Legend007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can see the concern but not to worry, i think this is fixable.  Im in a similar boat but my see through effect goes in like 3 cm more and looks more see through.  

No doubt surgery and the entire process is painstaking and time consuming.  A doctor should try their best to prevent reruns or repairs.  You lose so much time and energy and etc.  Thats why i can understand the pain.  

I would get few consults and see how many grafts are needed to repair this.  Contact top surgeons that have free online consults.  Hope you get this situated and hope you can move forward smoothly.  Best wishes

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Legend007 said:

Hey KW8, sorry to hear u disappointed ,, I can see the sadness in ur eyes .. ur results aren’t bad .. it’s fixable .. u just need a few hundred grafts into the hairline .. when I look at ur pre-op pics .. the first 3 rows of hair aren’t dense packed .. it’s spaced evenly all around .. I noticed the top hairline docs usually dense pack those first few rows.. to eliminate the see thru-effect . Well anyway best wishes to u ..

have u contacted the clinic ? Maybe u can get a partial refund so u can get it fixed somewhere else .. they have good customer service there.. let them know U have this thread running , n people want to know how they will resolve ur situation . 

That would be the best case scenario, really wanna go to a doctor that does all the work, like Keser. My eyes probably aged 10 years from all the stress 😂 

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

I can see the concern but not to worry, i think this is fixable.  Im in a similar boat but my see through effect goes in like 3 cm more and looks more see through.  

No doubt surgery and the entire process is painstaking and time consuming.  A doctor should try their best to prevent reruns or repairs.  You lose so much time and energy and etc.  Thats why i can understand the pain.  

I would get few consults and see how many grafts are needed to repair this.  Contact top surgeons that have free online consults.  Hope you get this situated and hope you can move forward smoothly.  Best wishes

I’m gonna do that soon, just to get a rough idea of how many grafts to expect to have to use. 

7 hours ago, kw877 said:

.... And bruised with my scalp on fire, weeks of intense pain in my donor... 

I would not be happy with the result either, but before you have a touch up with any clinic you should investigate this point. There should not be weeks of intense pain in your donor. Actually you should feel almost nothing after a couple of days. 

Contact asmed and say hey great result I'm so thrilled, can you post this on your website, YouTube channel and on the forum? in all honesty it's not a botch but not great either and requires more density no doubt. This problem of yours is becoming very common. Yes there will be people saying there is no guarantees and everyone's physiologically is different you just dont know what's going to happan. Well when it's the exact same issues on a growing number of patients (see through hairlines, bad density/growth) then that theory is completely false. 

Unfortunately nothing will be done in terms of taking this doctor off recommended lists like this one and the iahrs whom both require consistent good results to stay affiliated. Melvin/bill it is your duty  to help guys out there and not let bad results ruin lives. If you take guys like Erdogan off your list you will save alot of heart ache and depression. This is serious, you need to do the right thing if you care at all about how hairloss and bad results can ruin lives. Enough is enough there is too much vested interests in this industry it's about time someone actually stood up for what's right.

Even if my own results ends up being decent maybe I will get lucky and would have had the right team but my opinion will never change as to how they operate and I dont want to risk other people getting messed up, why? Because i care about this sh!t 

Edited by FarsanUk
  • Like 5

Result is not good and OP has every right to be dissapointed. Looking at the number of grafts involved, I'm trying to work out how many have actually gone in the area that is lowered. Out of the 3070 grafts, I wouldn't be surprised if 500 as a minimum (250 each side) of those were used for the temple points (looks like they were worked on in the pics), leaving 2570 for the top.

Now I believe as well as lowering the hairline, you mentioned some grafts were also used to reinforce the area where you original hairline was. Do you know how many were used to reinforce that area? If it was say 500, then you are left with 2070 for the area that was lowered and for me it can be touch and go as to whether that is enough to get the density right in an area which has no hair. In the hands of the right Dr and with thick hair diameter it may well be enough, who knows.

If more than 500 were used for the reinforcing of the area in the original hairline, then would be genuinely surprised the clinic would think a decent result could be obtained using below 2070 grafts in lowering the hairline, especially taking into account the rest of your hair has good density.

Would be really interesting to know just how many grafts were placed in bringing the hairline down. Not sure what your hair caliber/diameter is but from the pictures although it doesn't look particularly on the thinish side, wouldn't say it's super thick either. How many microns was your hair measured at?

I just wonder if the clinic has got the numbers wrong in this one, specifically in the area that has been lowered, especially considering your hair looks relatively good on the rest of your head and one of the critical aims for this procedure should have been to ensure the area worked on matched up in terms of visual density to the area behind the frontal area.

Obviously looking from afar, my numbers above may well be all wrong but just an observation.  Going forward, as mentioned, your issue shouldn't be too hard to fix but need to find out the reasons for the unsatisfactory outcome.

8 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

I would not be happy with the result either, but before you have a touch up with any clinic you should investigate this point. There should not be weeks of intense pain in your donor. Actually you should feel almost nothing after a couple of days. 

The first 2 weeks my donor felt like it had been burnt, but everything I read online seems that’s normal for a small number of people as a lot of nerves are damaged during extraction. I’m not worried about it, but at the time it fkg hurt

9 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Result is not good and OP has every right to be dissapointed. Looking at the number of grafts involved, I'm trying to work out how many have actually gone in the area that is lowered. Out of the 3070 grafts, I wouldn't be surprised if 500 as a minimum (250 each side) of those were used for the temple points (looks like they were worked on in the pics), leaving 2570 for the top.

Now I believe as well as lowering the hairline, you mentioned some grafts were also used to reinforce the area where you original hairline was. Do you know how many were used to reinforce that area? If it was say 500, then you are left with 2070 for the area that was lowered and for me it can be touch and go as to whether that is enough to get the density right in an area which has no hair. In the hands of the right Dr and with thick hair diameter it may well be enough, who knows.

If more than 500 were used for the reinforcing of the area in the original hairline, then would be genuinely surprised the clinic would think a decent result could be obtained using below 2070 grafts in lowering the hairline, especially taking into account the rest of your hair has good density.

Would be really interesting to know just how many grafts were placed in bringing the hairline down. Not sure what your hair caliber/diameter is but from the pictures although it doesn't look particularly on the thinish side, wouldn't say it's super thick either. How many microns was your hair measured at?

I just wonder if the clinic has got the numbers wrong in this one, specifically in the area that has been lowered, especially considering your hair looks relatively good on the rest of your head and one of the critical aims for this procedure should have been to ensure the area worked on matched up in terms of visual density to the area behind the frontal area.

Obviously looking from afar, my numbers above may well be all wrong but just an observation.  Going forward, as mentioned, your issue shouldn't be too hard to fix but need to find out the reasons for the unsatisfactory outcome.

That’s the thing, I’d had quotes in the last for around 1800-2000 from other clinics. I had no need for grafts anywhere on my head but the hairline/temples, as anyone can see from my preop pics. Dr Koray said I’d need more grafts if I wanted the hairline lowered with a dense result. The density is very low, with some parts having hardly any grafts. 

I just don’t know where 3000+ grafts have gone considering the relatively small area that needed cover. It’s baffling? 

• Like 1

I’ve reached out twice with a bunch of pics to the clinic and been told the doc will get back to me. The first time was January with no response, and again last week I was told to expect a response today.

Edited by kw877

9 hours ago, kw877 said:

I’ve reached out twice with a bunch of pics to the clinic and been told the doc will get back to me. The first time was January with no response, and again last week I was told to expect a response today, and nothing. 

Feeling so much regret.

Maybe you can reach out to one of the mods to help get a response