FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

12 hours ago, kw877 said:

I got in touch with the clinic to ask about the density of the implanted area. Apparently I had 49-50 grafts per sq cm. After using a ruler and taking macro pics of my transplanted area, I was counting less than 20 in most spots. Which means less than half of the grafts took. There’s no wonder it looks like it’s does. Booking a consult with Diep when I have the time to have a professionals opinion. 

Disappointing to hear this, I feel for got man.

Before you go to Diep I would advise doing a bit of research on his donor issues. Just want to save you further issues brother.

12 hours ago, Jamothee said:

Disappointing to hear this, I feel for got man.

Before you go to Diep I would advise doing a bit of research on his donor issues. Just want to save you further issues brother.

Tbh it may be a bit immoral but i just want his opinion on this transplant, to see what he thinks of the density etc. I haven’t booked anything yet as I feel bad wasting his time. But he’s the closest “big name” to where I live.

4 minutes ago, kw877 said:

Tbh it may be a bit immoral but i just want his opinion on this transplant, to see what he thinks of the density etc. I haven’t booked anything yet as I feel bad wasting his time. But he’s the closest “big name” to where I live.

Honestly all he is going to say ( he wont but your coordinator) is that come for a touch up and you'll be fine . He will never say to you oh shit yeh this is messed up I'm really sorry. Hes never done it like that in the past and never will do it. He doesn't have respect for patients at least to speak to you directly. So accept it and move on and get it sorted out. And you're not wasting his time hes a doctor and you're his patient ! The only person who's wasting peoples time is dr Erdogan. Get opinions of doctors who actually have time for patients and give a shit. 

3 hours ago, FarsanUk said:

Honestly all he is going to say ( he wont but your coordinator) is that come for a touch up and you'll be fine . He will never say to you oh shit yeh this is messed up I'm really sorry. Hes never done it like that in the past and never will do it. He doesn't have respect for patients at least to speak to you directly. So accept it and move on and get it sorted out. And you're not wasting his time hes a doctor and you're his patient ! The only person who's wasting peoples time is dr Erdogan. Get opinions of doctors who actually have time for patients and give a shit. 

If i'm not mistaken. I think kw877 is referring to wanting Dr Diep's opinion on his result, density etc and not wanting to waste Diep's time rather than speaking to Dr Erdogan.

Also, how is your growth coming along?

Edited by Fozzie

We both are almost at the one year mark with the same doctor and I am also disappointed (understatement) with the density. I will probably post photos on my own thread. The doctor offers a 90% growth guarantee so we should either ask for partial refund or ask for a free touch-up after the first year. The only problem with the touch-up is that it will have to be done on a wide area where healthy grafts have grown and that should only be done carefully by the best technicians or the doctor himself.

Edited by BigBen

3 hours ago, BigBen said:

We both are almost at the one year mark with the same doctor and I am also disappointed (understatement) with the density. I will probably post photos on my own thread. The doctor offers a 90% growth guarantee so we should either ask for partial refund or ask for a free touch-up after the first year. The only problem with the touch-up is that it will have to be done on a wide area where healthy grafts have grown and that should only be done carefully by the best technicians or the doctor himself.

He doesn't give refunds as to him this is an admission that other doctors can do a better job. Pretty funny considering he has jack shit to do with the surgery himself. 

3 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

He doesn't give refunds as to him this is an admission that other doctors can do a better job. Pretty funny considering he has jack shit to do with the surgery himself. 

He offers a 90% growth guarantee though?

On 7/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, jonnyalex said:

That he'll offer to put right by having techs go wild on your head again. Not refund.

I was honest in my response to the offer of a free touch up, I just said I don’t feel confident in the clinic any more. Hoping to get at least some money back to go elsewhere and have a Dr do the procedure, not a gang of random techs. 

I haven't counted the grafts that have grown on my head but I will. The problem with my result is also density. Koray Erdogan offers 90% growth guarantee but a touch up seems risky for several reasons. Firstly, it is likely done by technicians, this clinic have many technicians, they work fast and you don't know what their experience is, they didn't even want to tell me their names. If the job is not nicely done you are losing donor grafts for nothing. On top of that, if not done properly, the touch up could destroy grafts that are safe now because in our cases and in some other recent cases I've seen by Koray, the problem is low density and not just one empty area which would be easier to fix. Working in between healthy grafts is an extremely delicate job and the question here is this doctor cares enough. A partial refund makes more sense.

Edited by BigBen

I cannot understand why ASMED is still a recommended surgeon after a tsunami of poor reviews over the past 12-18 months.

It's not as if these are one-off experiences, either. After all, if a surgeon is "recommended" on a forum such as this, which has a large following, it's incumbent upon the powers that be that this recommendation is not made.

Having surgery to adjust one's appearance is no small thing. It can for many lead to depression, and that's without discussing the physical scars and financial loss that comes with poor surgical practice.

I believe, as do many others, that a moratorium should be held on their recommendation until such time that results have restored to a sufficient standard. If this action is not taken, there must be an ulterior motive - such as finance.

If Dr. Erdogan was recommended by popular vote, then ANOTHER popular vote should be held. If not, why not? 

These results are an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, maltesefalcon said:

I cannot understand why ASMED is still a recommended surgeon after a tsunami of poor reviews over the past 12-18 months.

It's not as if these are one-off experiences, either. After all, if a surgeon is "recommended" on a forum such as this, which has a large following, it's incumbent upon the powers that be that this recommendation is not made.

Having surgery to adjust one's appearance is no small thing. It can for many lead to depression, and that's without discussing the physical scars and financial loss that comes with poor surgical practice.

I believe, as do many others, that a moratorium should be held on their recommendation until such time that results have restored to a sufficient standard. If this action is not taken, there must be an ulterior motive - such as finance.

If Dr. Erdogan was recommended by popular vote, then ANOTHER popular vote should be held. If not, why not? 

I've voiced these concerns and complaints many times on this forum and others and absolutely nobody gives a flying *****.one or 2 sub par results you can point to physiology but consistently sub par? That's a clinic problem. Anyway I'm sick and tired of voicing concerns none of these clowns are going to do anything. That's why of I've stayed of forums it's just a pointless battle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maltesefalcon said:

It’s like Brexit all over again. 

Moderators : let’s hold a vote . We should call it Asmexit 

• Like 2

After reading this on the main website, unfortunately I doubt the concerns raised of 'recommended surgeons' will make a difference...

"To support the costs of operating and promoting our community the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor this community."

That tells me all I need to know about the recommended surgeons on this site.

• Like 4

Just now, s14a said:

After reading this on the main website, unfortunately I doubt the concerns raised of 'recommended surgeons' will make a difference...

"To support the costs of operating and promoting our community the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor this community."

That tells me all I need to know about the recommended surgeons on this site.

After reading that, I'm now grateful that I chose a non-recommended surgeon (at least on here), but one based on the quality of output and how the surgeon works with his patients. 

I think the idea of a website profiting off of incompetent surgeons, who are having enormously damaging effects on many people's lives, turns my stomach to the point of gastroseizure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, maltesefalcon said:

After reading that, I'm now grateful that I chose a non-recommended surgeon (at least on here), but one based on the quality of output and how the surgeon works with his patients. 

I think the idea of a website profiting off of incompetent surgeons, who are having enormously damaging effects on many people's lives, turns my stomach to the point of gastroseizure. 

Who did you go to?

Just now, maltesefalcon said:

Absolutely! Concerns of another 'recommended' surgeon's work (Bhatti) were also raised (not by me) on a number of threads after terrible results yet the members posting their results were attacked by recipients of the sponsorship funding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s14a said:

Absolutely! Concerns of another 'recommended' surgeon's work (Bhatti) were also raised (not by me) on a number of threads after terrible results yet the members posting their results were attacked by recipients of the sponsorship funding.

Now it's starting to make more sense as to why this is allowed to continue unchecked.

As I suspected in my earlier post, the ulterior motive was indeed the naked acquisition of wealth. As well all know, the naked pursuit of wealth often, for some, trumps the morality of how they receive their money. 

Now I realise that the faux concern over people's hair is nothing more than a show. Second, that I also now realise why there is so much discussed on threads which come from "recommended surgeons" but almost no conversation on threads for surgeons who are not recommended on the site. Not always, but almost always. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 months post op. No improvement, had to grow it long to cover my hairline. As you can see, parted, pushed back. Or even slightly moved to one side shows huge bald sparse looking patches. I look worse than ever. This is under regular bulb lighting at night time. Daytime looks horrific (I’ll take more pics later). I don’t want a touch up I want my money back. It’s a failed transplant when less than half the grafts take and I look far worse off than when I started.

DC127F0A-D9E4-43A9-B5D5-91BCFAD3E141.thumb.jpeg.187e52fe221668c3d91bd48c47db79a9.jpeg38ED93C4-9071-43DB-ADA9-FC149E45094F.thumb.jpeg.1ae08c30aafc404d3266984ff751a421.jpeg363D18EE-A242-4F54-B957-5A366BD53FFB.thumb.jpeg.2f4a50e7a895759392a87cd8f65e91e2.jpeg1DAF32B6-5E84-4861-9D0C-4A3C847B4623.thumb.jpeg.68be626985629183f91dfb61cf2770c3.jpegEF630DE7-135A-4D36-A4B7-2D3E09E90ABD.thumb.jpeg.045b303ec7a70b614b441f59298ec68c.jpeg9D35A743-0F3F-4958-9F7B-E5596815C8AC.thumb.jpeg.9980ec2a80fc95ab333097a1cd9cbbe8.jpeg

Edited by kw877
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, kw877 said:

13 months post op. No improvement, had to grow it long to cover my hairline. As you can see, parted, pushed back. Or even slightly moved to one side shows huge bald sparse looking patches. I look worse than ever. This is under regular bulb lighting at night time. Daytime looks horrific (I’ll take more pics later). I don’t want a touch up I want my money back. It’s a failed transplant when less than half the grafts take and I look far worse off than when I started.

DC127F0A-D9E4-43A9-B5D5-91BCFAD3E141.thumb.jpeg.187e52fe221668c3d91bd48c47db79a9.jpeg38ED93C4-9071-43DB-ADA9-FC149E45094F.thumb.jpeg.1ae08c30aafc404d3266984ff751a421.jpeg363D18EE-A242-4F54-B957-5A366BD53FFB.thumb.jpeg.2f4a50e7a895759392a87cd8f65e91e2.jpeg1DAF32B6-5E84-4861-9D0C-4A3C847B4623.thumb.jpeg.68be626985629183f91dfb61cf2770c3.jpegEF630DE7-135A-4D36-A4B7-2D3E09E90ABD.thumb.jpeg.045b303ec7a70b614b441f59298ec68c.jpeg9D35A743-0F3F-4958-9F7B-E5596815C8AC.thumb.jpeg.9980ec2a80fc95ab333097a1cd9cbbe8.jpeg

Gutted mate

very similar to mine with less density behind hairline , but I don’t think behind the hairline was planted so dense either . 

Sorry to hear mate, definitely a sub par result. That hairline looks quite pluggy too. Asmed is a a massive no go as far as I'm concerned. 

Wouldn't expect much from Asmed or the moderators on this forum either a it now appears that they are in cahoots and this is basically a marketing tool for the recommended surgeons. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jamothee said:

Sorry to hear mate, definitely a sub par result. That hairline looks quite pluggy too. Asmed is a a massive no go as far as I'm concerned. 

Wouldn't expect much from Asmed or the moderators on this forum either a it now appears that they are in cahoots and this is basically a marketing tool for the recommended surgeons. 

This forum has always been open about how it operates though. They have never lied. Unfortunately, yes, this will always lead to questions. 

Either way, I sincerely hope that they have reached out to both Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Bhatti about the recent results. Erdogan in particular went from world class results to some absolutely shockers recently. Something has drastically changed in that clinic and I can only assume it relates to his lack of involvement in the procedure. Unfortunately this forum did lead me to believe he was the best in Turkey which was not the case at all.  

• Like 2