FUE 3070 grafts Dr Koray Erdogan July 26 2018

kw877

41 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

No, it's not. Your situation is not the same at all. kW877 is still in the early phase. You can see from the hair colour and the hair being wiry that improvements will come. Your are 3 years post up, and your issues are totally different. 

Errr yes it is. My hair is still wirery doesnt lay flat like rest of hair also low in density. Very un natural looking.

Kw877 6 months is still early you have got a bit of thickening to come, you should know by 12-14 months if its a good result.

One week shy of 6 months. Not feeling great about it but gotta wait it out I guess. 

As you can see on the first pic, if the hair is parted at any section of the transplanted area, there are large gaps between the grafts. What are the chances that after 6 months new hairs will sprout in these bald patches?

This is in dim lighting for anyone wondering. In daylight or any normal lighting it’s completely see through so I have to wear it down. 

5B4FFFAB-E011-4770-8726-2C7F6A65A8B8.jpeg

4844D6B1-D26D-4B19-904E-929F544011C9.jpeg

373CDA8A-0B81-4B50-BA66-FE026F14F3D9.jpeg

Hi mate,

Nothing to panic about just yet.

You about half way there it will thicken up over the next 6-14 months drastically. The new hair grafts do mature over time

Do you know how many singles were used to create the new hairline?

• Like 1

Hello friend, i have had done my surgery at Asmed in the beginning of july 2018 (a month prior to yours) and i am going through exactly same situation. Big gaps in-between the grafts in the hairline and density is quite low. And i know its not quite easy to stop negative thoughts pouring into your mind. But i would still suggest you to stay calm as you are only the half way around.You have still many months in front of you for things to get better. I spoke to my co-ordinator at Asmed which btw is same for us "Muge" and after her feedback i am quite relaxed now. Your transplanted hair needs time to get thicken and new growth can happen til 9 month. There are plenty of examples on this forum. 

Asmed is a professional clinic with good reputation & a great amount of work behind them. Incase things not get as desired i am sure they will do something to get them fix. Keep hanging in there mate, you are not alone :).

My transplant link: 

27 minutes ago, MHR84 said:

Hello friend, i have had done my surgery at Asmed in the beginning of july 2018 (a month prior to yours) and i am going through exactly same situation. Big gaps in-between the grafts in the hairline and density is quite low. And i know its not quite easy to stop negative thoughts pouring into your mind. But i would still suggest you to stay calm as you are only the half way around.You have still many months in front of you for things to get better. I spoke to my co-ordinator at Asmed which btw is same for us "Muge" and after her feedback i am quite relaxed now. Your transplanted hair needs time to get thicken and new growth can happen til 9 month. There are plenty of examples on this forum. 

Asmed is a professional clinic with good reputation & a great amount of work behind them. Incase things not get as desired i am sure they will do something to get them fix. Keep hanging in there mate, you are not alone :).

My transplant link: 

Yeah muge is an angel :) I guess it’s just anxiety seeing the not great results and hoping mine will be better. Time will tell!

You want twice the density you have. You are not going to see that. Sorry.  You likely will see a little improvement though. Looks like about 42 grafts per cm2 and not sure what the implanted density was. But NOBODY should be getting 80 grafts per cm2 and that seems to be what you wish you had here. I suppose you could get closer to that in a 2nd procedure. Quite frankly, you are not going to get the density you want and I know you want honesty here and not so much a pep talk. See what happens in the next 6 months and you may get some improvement...I am sure you will get some indeed.  But maybe you are better off embracing what you have to work with and not fight the tide for the exact hairstyle you like and find one that works with what you have then. Getting surgery to have a certain hairstyle is kind of silly if it turns out you can wear your hair in another nice cut that works perfect with your locks. I do agree it would look better about 25% more dense and you might get there. But it will not be hair model thick. This is just my onion looking at 100's of HT's here.  I would have more hope for sure if you had 60 grafts per cm2....but I don't think Dr. E implanted that density here quickly looking over the thread.  If you are obsessing over it...do the math and see where you are in this. If you got 60per cm 2 then expect 55 to eventually grow. If you got 48 then sarcastically you pretty much have seen what will sprout and just hope the individual hairs get thicker, but they look mature already. I had low 40's implanted averaging 2 hairs per graft. I tried my best to draw a 1cm square on my scalp and count the grafts. Got low 30's every count and to be honest, that is what mine looks like, so no surprise!  I have some hope to get to 42ish and absolutely need it to look good. But my gut tells me I won't see that. I am in my early 40's and probably am okay with a decent, even if a bit thin hairline. That looks very natural on a man my age and to me close to as good as a teenage thick hairline. But I will probably need another procedure to get there. Try and find the right balance of what looks natural now and in the future. What might be settling now, could be a blessing later. 

• Administrators

Everything looks on track, I understand 6 months may seem like an eternity, but in actuality you’re only halfway. Stay patient. Please keep us updated with your progress happy growing 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you check Payams thread theres a discussion saying Dr Erdogan hairlines are desting to fail because he cant achieve the density he says he can. He is trying to do the impossible in selling you a dream in reality you are getting a below par hair transplant.

If the elite Doctors in USA cant achieve that sort of density what would make you think Dr Erdogan can? A few old results dating back past 2013? Because the new ones posted are such low quality and blurred i wouldnt like to go by them to give the ok to get surgery done.

I have been told hairlines will always look gappy if no irregularities are used to create the hairline. If you got a uniformed hairline it will look not dense. Im living with one so i would know.

Also i noticed Dr Erdogan and co dont use the singles in a way to make the hairline less abrubt. Im not to sure if this is down to how many single hair grafts he extracts or artistic design? I normally just see the one row or 2 rows if im lucky. In mostly every result coming out of asmed i can spot a few multis within the hairline which i shouldnt do really. so far results uptil september 2018 i have spotted always checking newer ones for quality control.

Im excited to see how all these touch ups turn out with 4000+ grafts used for a hairline. You would think it would be 80cm2 with the amount of grafts used.

Asmed is using the most grafts but fail to achieve density. something is up

Oh wow. I just looked back at the first page. This makes more sense now. OP wanted a lowered hairline (unnaturally low) and so hairs were implanted into a basically completely bald area. Ethical doctors really should have the best in mind for their patients and this is a bad bad go here. Dr. E should NEVER have lowered this hairline like that even if it is what the client wanted. Couple that with unrealistic expectations either promised by the Dr. or thought by the patient...I am not sure. Your hairline should be about the same distance from your the center of your eyebrows to the tip of the nose. How on Earth is any Dr. supposed to be able to fill behind that hairline if the patent goes bald? It will be a weird halo of hair across the middle of his forehead!  You are just never going to get a natural thick youthful hairline over bald. I mean I guess you can come close burning through an entire donor supply....maybe then it could work. But the patient should have been treated better and his future considered more than a big check for the Dr.  You got a good transplant and the hairs look about right for the number of implants. They look healthy and you are on track for a successful HT. Unfortunately HT is surgery and it is to repair real hair loss. It is not a magic wand to create extreme hairlines where they don't belong for both aesthetic and for ethical reasons.   The OP wants to know what is going on and that is the truth. He had a great head of hair...then decided to have something drastic done that is really designed to give bald guys some passable version of hair. Now that he has bald guy repaired looking hair across the middle of his forehead he is unhappy.  No kidding!   Park a Nissan next to a a bicycle it looks like a decent car. Park that Nissan next to a Porsche and  suddenly it doesn't look so good.   There is a lot wrong here. But if the OP is happy with the low hairline and I hope he is..then what needs to happen is he needs another 2000 grafts to get the density he needs to be whole again and repair this. Start the new implants about 3-4mm behind the new hairline and fade it into the old hairline. Then pray to your heart out that your natural hairline doesn't move back!  That is the truth. This was a modest success from a technical standpoint. 

Edited by txtransplant

I had my HT with Erdogan about 4 years ago. To be honest, the experience itself was disappointing, I must have spent only around 30 minutes with the doctor himself. I have the same issues with the hairline and the gaps and I'm looking into Keser to add density. To be honest I don't think Erdogan is great with hairlines at all. 

35 minutes ago, jonnyalex said:

I had my HT with Erdogan about 4 years ago. To be honest, the experience itself was disappointing, I must have spent only around 30 minutes with the doctor himself. I have the same issues with the hairline and the gaps and I'm looking into Keser to add density. To be honest I don't think Erdogan is great with hairlines at all. 

Can you share your thread if you have created a one?

BE65D193-46C9-45A0-9501-26EF7D03A178.thumb.jpeg.a30b4f243f3da195b4fc93a06575c1fb.jpeg

68EB0C0E-9D9C-4FF9-9A7B-CE735DCAF376.thumb.jpeg.9be007278082dda25bf1f287749b64d4.jpeg68CCB2B6-4EA3-4C3D-AEE3-1FCD1284BB3D.thumb.jpeg.83d06b110f303e0cb50d0143478b72a0.jpeg7889BEAA-2505-4D2E-B7CD-1C58C944FD16.thumb.jpeg.4fc88717ee40e4d43b01344ba0c2059e.jpeg

First pic is my hair dry with nothing on it styled (blowdried) upwards. Far too see through and sparse to wear it that way. 

Hairline hasn’t really improved at all in months other than gotten longer.

As you can see from the last photo, gaps in my hairline are huge. Still no new sprouts, the gaps have remained bald. See what the next 6 months brings. For over 3000 grafts into just my hairline, I expected more. Time will tell I suppose. 

Edited by kw877

Hey man, thanks for updating. 

‘At 6-months and with 3k grafts, at this point I wouldn’t be happy with the progress you’ve had, BUT, as DEB previously commented to you, you could see better growth from here forward, as he had, so yeah give it another couple or few months and if it’s not improving then contact ASMED, they have to give you an explanation as to why or why not.

10 hours ago, VicTNYC said:

Hey man, thanks for updating. 

‘At 6-months and with 3k grafts, at this point I wouldn’t be happy with the progress you’ve had, BUT, as DEB previously commented to you, you could see better growth from here forward, as he had, so yeah give it another couple or few months and if it’s not improving then contact ASMED, they have to give you an explanation as to why or why not.

Just really depressed over it. Feel like it was a big mistake. 3000 grafts was more than I ever thought it would need and it’s left me with a patchy donor. At this point, I’m not sure I’d even want to risk making my donor worse by having a second surgery and depleting it further. A moth eaten looking donor is just as bad as a weak hairline imo. Stuck if it doesn’t improve a lot over the next few months :( 

i look at my old hairline and could kick myself. With proper styling it was fine. Now I actually look like I’m balding.

Edited by kw877

Yeah, I hear ya, even looking at your pre-op photos from the clinic, your hair looked fine, but, what’s done is done and no point in putting yourself down since it could very well improve over the next 6 months, hope is not lost, I’m pulling for ya!

Really sorry about this man, looks like the techs might have overharvested your donor, and the growth is very lacking for the number of grafts in the area covered.. I know how it feels bro, pm me if you want to talk one unhappy Asmed patient to another

7 hours ago, kw877 said:

BE65D193-46C9-45A0-9501-26EF7D03A178.thumb.jpeg.a30b4f243f3da195b4fc93a06575c1fb.jpeg

68EB0C0E-9D9C-4FF9-9A7B-CE735DCAF376.thumb.jpeg.9be007278082dda25bf1f287749b64d4.jpeg68CCB2B6-4EA3-4C3D-AEE3-1FCD1284BB3D.thumb.jpeg.83d06b110f303e0cb50d0143478b72a0.jpeg7889BEAA-2505-4D2E-B7CD-1C58C944FD16.thumb.jpeg.4fc88717ee40e4d43b01344ba0c2059e.jpeg

First pic is my hair dry with nothing on it styled (blowdried) upwards. Far too see through and sparse to wear it that way. 

Hairline hasn’t really improved at all in months other than gotten longer.

As you can see from the last photo, gaps in my hairline are huge. Still no new sprouts, the gaps have remained bald. See what the next 6 months brings. For over 3000 grafts into just my hairline, I expected more. Time will tell I suppose. 

Dont worry bro looks similar to my 6 month. Right here with ya!

Look at my photos from month 6. Mine was exactly the same. Give it another 4 months and then you should have a much better idea of where you are going to end up. 

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

1 hour ago, DEB1982 said:

Look at my photos from month 6. Mine was exactly the same. Give it another 4 months and then you should have a much better idea of where you are going to end up. 

I’d be over the moon with a result like yours but I’m not sure I’ll be as lucky lol