4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Valued Contributor

@Melvin- ModeratorCongratulations!! On the hair transplant and getting married!!

Your hairline redesign is perfect! I feel like you had all of your hair loss concerns addressed during this procedure.

Well done! I’m so excited for you! I’ll be following along with literally everybody else in the community here! Lol

• Like 1

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

@Melvin- ModeratorCongratulations!! On the hair transplant and getting married!!

Your hairline redesign is perfect! I feel like you had all of your hair loss concerns addressed during this procedure.

Well done! I’m so excited for you! I’ll be following along with literally everybody else in the community here! Lol

Thanks man, the crown was the one thing bothering me, and now it’ll be addressed. Any plans for another procedure? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin,

First of all, thanks for documenting your journey. You’re truly an asset to this community. It’s already a very tiring process going through a transplant. On top of that you were on the other side of the globe. This will help many people.

secondly, the work looks great. This should turn out amazing

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 2

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Melvin,

First of all, thanks for documenting your journey. You’re truly an asset to this community. It’s already a very tiring process going through a transplant. On top of that you were on the other side of the globe. This will help many people.

secondly, the work looks great. This should turn out amazing

Thanks I appreciate it, hopefully this thread will help others who find themselves in a similar situation depending on concealers.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So almost identical to me, we focused on the side channels and maximum density around the whorl. But I fully expect to have some scalp showing when it’s wet or under certain lighting. Do you think you’ll go back for another 1000? If so, do you think it’ll be enough to never use fibers again. 

I’ve always wanted to create a pomade that has some fibers built into it, so it can help thicken your hair but not be as messy, if I can formulate this I’ll be a rich man 😂 

Will I go back again?  I never say never (I didn't think I'd do a third pass but I sure did).  However, if it would take another 1000 grafts, I ask myself, is that small spot worth about $10k to get rid of?  I can sure think of other ways to spend that money.  And would I ever still need to use fibers after another surgery?  I don't really know.  Since I'm really happy with my hair now only (maybe excessive) hair greed would be motivating me.  But we all have heard the sweet siren of hair greed.  Right now, no plans though.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They gave me a finasteride gel with azaleic acid and caffeine. I’m actually considering creating my own natural anti-androgen formula. Though, they do not have faith in natural anti-androgens. If I can show significant reduction in local DHT and a minimum reduction in DHT serum, I’d rather use that.

Hey, first post here. Congrats on what looks to be a great transplant. Could you keep us posted on the natural anti-androgen formula? I just got results from my doctor showing I have developed slight gyno from fin and he wants me to stop using it. I know you had issues with fin side effects too. So I am curious as to what kind of AA you will use. Thanks!

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, PocketAces said:

Hey, first post here. Congrats on what looks to be a great transplant. Could you keep us posted on the natural anti-androgen formula? I just got results from my doctor showing I have developed slight gyno from fin and he wants me to stop using it. I know you had issues with fin side effects too. So I am curious as to what kind of AA you will use. Thanks!

I will be keeping you guys in the loop, the trial is gonna cost me a couple grand. I’m gonna give it a shot and give it out to those willing to review it here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

So glad you finally posted this, I was about to send you a PM :)

I'll read through all the pages as I assume you covered this, but it's interesting that many things were different than I expected: (1) they were able to extract more grafts from the scalp than I (and probably you) expected, (2) they used fewer beard grafts and (3) they used more grafts in the non-crown area - I thought it would be a lot more in the crown area and fewer elsewhere.

Overall, I am glad that the number of grafts was extremely good and it was a pleasant experience. And I am eager to see the end result!

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer
  • Like 1

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• Administrators
12 hours ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

So glad you finally posted this, I was about to send you a PM :)

I'll read through all the pages as I assume you covered this, but it's interesting that many things were different than I expected: (1) they were able to extract more grafts from the scalp than I (and probably you) expected, (2) they used fewer beard grafts and (3) they used more grafts in the non-crown area - I thought it would be a lot more in the crown area and fewer elsewhere.

Overall, I am glad that the number of grafts was extremely good and it was a pleasant experience. And I am eager to see the end result!

Honestly, I thought maybe we’d get 1,000 scalp grafts maximum, but 2,400 was beyond what I could fathom, and my donor actually looks better now. The patchy areas are now blended and it’s all homogeneous.

The beard grafts was about what I expected, but I did not expect my beard to heal so quickly. I’m gonna be posting an update today when I remove the scabs, my beard looks the same as it did before surgery. That’s a been a major shock to me. 

The grafts were primarily used in the side channels like @Tao I wanted to focus on this area, because I could comb from left to right and cover the crown, so long as I have hair to anchor in the crown. I thought long and hard about the optimum coverage and visual density and Dr. Sethi and I both agreed this would be best. I have 1500 grafts left in the beard, in case I need more 😈 but we shall see.

• Like 5

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Honestly, I thought maybe we’d get 1,000 scalp grafts maximum, but 2,400 was beyond what I could fathom, and my donor actually looks better now. The patchy areas are now blended and it’s all homogeneous.

This says it all about homogenous depletion. It is almost funny to think how your donor looks better after taking out more grafts!

Excited for you, Melvin!

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

FUE FTW 

• Administrators

I cleaned up the scabs, my skin is quite red, to be expected with lighter skin. I wasn’t able to get all of the scabs off on my crown I created a tutorial for YouTube, I’ll be posting it shortly . But so far everything is looking good. I’m a little sad some of the grafts shed. The ugly duckling phase is upon me 😭😢

0B578E0A-6254-43E5-A6D3-5ED3603B50A3.jpeg

1E6A0238-26F3-4C1E-A62B-163F5C4C2CF6.jpeg

EFB3F073-5918-40F8-BA69-03D4FEFEB7EF.jpeg

C2C5E7EA-315A-42A8-B57E-92E14CA46A76.jpeg

243BA1F1-86D1-4C65-9B30-5B18C581C8CF.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Forgot crown shot
  • Like 4

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I cleaned up the scabs, my skin is quite red, to be expected with lighter skin. I wasn’t able to get all of the scabs off on my crown I created a tutorial for YouTube, I’ll be posting it shortly . But so far everything is looking good. I’m a little sad some of the grafts shed. The ugly duckling phase is upon me 😭😢

0B578E0A-6254-43E5-A6D3-5ED3603B50A3.jpeg

1E6A0238-26F3-4C1E-A62B-163F5C4C2CF6.jpeg

EFB3F073-5918-40F8-BA69-03D4FEFEB7EF.jpeg

C2C5E7EA-315A-42A8-B57E-92E14CA46A76.jpeg

Looks very good! Wow! Can’t wait to see the end results 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:21 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

They gave me a finasteride gel with azaleic acid and caffeine. I’m actually considering creating my own natural anti-androgen formula. Though, they do not have faith in natural anti-androgens. If I can show significant reduction in local DHT and a minimum reduction in DHT serum, I’d rather use that.

were you prone to side effects with finasteride before? have you considered trt or hcg theoretically you could eradicate sides by increasing testosterone to make up for the lower DHT

17 minutes ago, mmokin said:

were you prone to side effects with finasteride before? have you considered trt or hcg theoretically you could eradicate sides by increasing testosterone to make up for the lower DHT

Unfortunately science doesn’t work like that - you’re comparing apples to oranges. 

I know MPMD claimed that this was the case for him not experiencing sides when he ran dutasteride and got had almost 99% of his serum DHT suppressed, however each and everyone of us are unique, some can get back by with reductions in DHT, others not so well. Equally, some can have higher levels of free test compensate for lower saturation levels of DHT, others can’t. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Hairs looking good by the way Melvin - donor in particular.

Reminds me a little of @HugoX’s coverage post second op, 

It's incredible my donor I feel looks better now. Spreading the extractions out evenly and harvesting from the areas that weren't touched before made a big difference. 

• Like 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The ugly duckling phase is upon me 😭😢

The ugly ducking phase is much shorter in duration than after the first couple of surgeries.  Just wait, you'll see 😉

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It's incredible my donor I feel looks better now. Spreading the extractions out evenly and harvesting from the areas that weren't touched before made a big difference. 

Same thing happened to me man. After my Diep transplant my donor looked really rough. Then had my next one with Konior and it actually looked better. I was shocked and didn't even think about that before undergoing the surgery. Low and behold after my fourth transplant (2nd with Konior) my donor actually looks even better because it is more homogeneously depleted. It's kind of wild to think that after more extractions a donor can look better but it's all about extracting the donor to match the density in previously used areas. Some surgeons like Sethi and Konior are masters at it. Very cool to see!

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

35 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

Same thing happened to me man. After my Diep transplant my donor looked really rough. Then had my next one with Konior and it actually looked better. I was shocked and didn't even think about that before undergoing the surgery. Low and behold after my fourth transplant (2nd with Konior) my donor actually looks even better because it is more homogeneously depleted. It's kind of wild to think that after more extractions a donor can look better but it's all about extracting the donor to match the density in previously used areas. Some surgeons like Sethi and Konior are masters at it. Very cool to see!

this is hilarious and a really cool side-effect of multiple hair transplants lol

• Like 1

Looking great Melvin, congratulations !!  Like many here, I too did not know how bad your crown got prior to your surgery.  This was the right call getting it done.. 👏 Thanks for all that you do on the forum and happy growing…😊

• Like 1