4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

17 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

That's very nice to hear..thanks Melvin.

I saw your video and i don't know if you use any extra fibres or anything, but from where you were before your first procedure to now it's really impressive. 

I can definitely say your case and some of the others are a great example of what can be achieved even at a higher Norwood starting point with a smart use of grafts from different areas. 

Melvin also as said has disguised his crown really well but i think we're all looking forwards to seeing his 12 month results as well as all the updates along the way. 

• Thanks 1

@Melvin- Moderator I said it before that Eugenix left nothing to 2nd guess or regret. They put it all out there for you and in my opinion gave you the most complete procedure you could have ever asked for. You are in the best position for a last and final procedure as far I can see. So happy for you brother!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

The words "hair greed" are overused and misused.  In your case it was without a doubt "hair need".  You're fortunate that you have a beard of a greek god.  😎 The work looks impeccable and can't wait to see how this grows in over the coming months! Congrats!

• Like 4

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

congrats @Melvin- Moderator . HT looks awesome and nice writeup. this  forum has helped me to decide my HT getting done at @Eugenix Hair Science   (also the very valuable  inputs from @Gatsby and @MazAB ) , and looking at your writeup and other success story at @Eugenix Hair Sciences I am more confident now (though I did not had the budget for premium packages and have settled in for Exclusive package. Hope HT quality will be of similar) .  I have booked in for first week of march . Hope there will be no travel restriction by then and I will get it done 🤞 .

Edited by PsSAU
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

One of the main reasons why I chose Dr. Sethi was because of the temple points. It's definitely one of his specialities and strong suits.

Majority of the clinics refused to restore temples when norwood scale is high  However Eugenix is different. They are so many cases where they have restored temples  on norwood 6 scalps.  I am trying to go to Eugenix, but Canada's covid rules are still holding me back. :(

• Like 3

Eugenix have some amazing results but this looks exceptionally clean. I dont think he could have done a better job from what I can tell this early on (although I'm no expert)

Excellent hairline design, excellent placement, excellent donor management. 

So excited to follow your journey!

Edited by TheManeMan
  • Like 1

This is going to be a great thread! And wow, look at those accommodation, super cool! 

The new hairline and temples look really good. I admit I'm super critical of these things, and this looks like excellent work. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

The words "hair greed" are overused and misused.  In your case it was without a doubt "hair need".  You're fortunate that you have a beard of a greek god.  😎 The work looks impeccable and can't wait to see how this grows in over the coming months! Congrats!

This is true, I definitely needed more hair, I guess the greed came from my ability to style it and use concealers, but I want to be able to put the fibers and dermmatch away.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, MazAB said:

@Melvin- Moderator I said it before that Eugenix left nothing to 2nd guess or regret. They put it all out there for you and in my opinion gave you the most complete procedure you could have ever asked for. You are in the best position for a last and final procedure as far I can see. So happy for you brother!

Thanks man, you’ve been an inspiration and I’m grateful for all that you do here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Hey Melvin what other things are you going to try to help the transplant, any topicals? Did Eugenix recommend anything in particular?

Maybe 2% keto shampoo, supplements with things like vitamin E/B6/Biotin?

They gave me a finasteride gel with azaleic acid and caffeine. I’m actually considering creating my own natural anti-androgen formula. Though, they do not have faith in natural anti-androgens. If I can show significant reduction in local DHT and a minimum reduction in DHT serum, I’d rather use that.

• Like 4

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They gave me a finasteride gel with azaleic acid and caffeine. I’m actually considering creating my own natural anti-androgen formula. Though, they do not have faith in natural anti-androgens. If I can show significant reduction in local DHT and a minimum reduction in DHT serum, I’d rather use that.

Yes that would be better, I have heard though that topical finasteride has a lower side effect rate (and perhaps lower actual serum concentration in the bloodstream) compared to oral, so maybe if you gave it a try it would work out! 

I am looking to wean off of oral finasteride myself eventually, so I'm hopeful a topical alternative like this would work. 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you started using the finasteride gel Melvin? 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:15 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, I knew my crown was that bald. That's why when Dr. Sethi said we could another 1,500 grafts I was intrigued because I know that would probably put over the top. But let's see how this grows. Hopefully I won't need any concealers, or at the very least only need a sprinkle.

Looks amazing Melvin, you could do some smp so you won’t have to use any fiber. 

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What was the brand name of the gel, man?

Congrats on the HT , as per post-op pics coverage seem fantastic now , Happy growing .

It would be share if you can share pre/post pics for previous surgery to kinda document the whole journey .

specially when most of people undergo more than one HT , that would be helpful to show the progress after each step in the journey . 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, JP28 said:

Looks amazing Melvin, you could do some smp so you won’t have to use any fiber. 

Idk if I’ll consider smp. Honestly, if this cones out great and I just need a little, id rather get the extra 1500 beard grafts. But it’s all dependent on how it all looks in the end.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, H.K said:

Congrats on the HT , as per post-op pics coverage seem fantastic now , Happy growing .

It would be share if you can share pre/post pics for previous surgery to kinda document the whole journey .

specially when most of people undergo more than one HT , that would be helpful to show the progress after each step in the journey . 

Will post that shortly. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread