4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Full disclosure I did not pay for any accommodation or food, I believe this is included in the highest package, but don't quote me on that, maybe that was just for me. As for consultation time, if I would have agreed with Dr. Sethi right away the consultation probably would have taken 15 minutes, but we went back and forth, and I asked a lot of questions. Including where the hair would be extracted from and why.  If a patient agrees with the plan, it wouldn't take very long. The clinic and surgeon isn't going to ask the questions for you. 

They seem to know their stuff. Heck, i got my hairline design pictures back and graft estimate and the only thing i literally wanted to tweak was the angle of the temporal point. The hairline being lower and more flat was exactly what i would have wanted so they're pretty good i think at unintuitively doing things. 

I noticed you had quite a few grafts for your temples and i'm also really eager to fully restore mine. They're probably in a little worse for wear than maybe yours were, but do you know how many grafts were used there? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, NARMAK said:

They seem to know their stuff. Heck, i got my hairline design pictures back and graft estimate and the only thing i literally wanted to tweak was the angle of the temporal point. The hairline being lower and more flat was exactly what i would have wanted so they're pretty good i think at unintuitively doing things. 

I noticed you had quite a few grafts for your temples and i'm also really eager to fully restore mine. They're probably in a little worse for wear than maybe yours were, but do you know how many grafts were used there? 

I believe I had around 400 grafts total, around 200 for each side, but I would have to confirm with Dr. Sethi. I'm still waiting for the graft breakdown. I know I had approximately 1,800 grafts in the crown alone. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, EvoXOhio said:

Not to best a dead horse but wow I had no idea your crown was so bald. Can’t wait to see it in 6-12 months from now. 

To be fair, my crown looked a lot better when I slicked my hair back. I intentionally combed my hair forward in the before pictures to fully expose the crown. In the coming months I will present pictures with my hair combed forward in the same way for fair comparisons.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be fair, my crown looked a lot better when I slicked my hair back. I intentionally combed my hair forward in the before pictures to fully expose the crown. In the coming months I will present pictures with my hair combed forward in the same way for fair comparisons.

You are definitely the master of concealment and illusion. And in 9-12 months you likely won’t need those skills any more. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Was you shocked though to see it in the clinic pre op pics ? As this always shows us in the absolute worst possible light ?

No, I knew my crown was that bald. That's why when Dr. Sethi said we could another 1,500 grafts I was intrigued because I know that would probably put over the top. But let's see how this grows. Hopefully I won't need any concealers, or at the very least only need a sprinkle.

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JC71 said:

This has got to be filling @Gatsbywith confidence right now, as he’s up next 👍🏽

I don't know if I can share this so hopefully @Gatsby can comment on what he thought before seeing my procedures live on IG.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
5 minutes ago, JC71 said:

This has got to be filling @Gatsbywith confidence right now, as he’s up next 👍🏽

John after watching and throwing in the odd question on instagram last weekend I think I'm ready to start my own practice!!!🤘 I really want to thank Melvin too for the incredible work 'during' his surgery fielding questions from those who were watching this surgery live on instagram. But to answer the question, yes I feel very confident going ahead and I will be both surgically and mentally in Dr Pradeep's hands this time next week. It was like being a fat kid in a candy store watching Dr Pradeep working on Melvin with both of them answering questions in tandem. 🙏

• Like 6

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, HairTrippin said:

Do you know how many grafts he used on the hairline? Did he lower it, or just changed how sharp it looked? 

He used about 500 grafts in the hairline, he did not lower it, he only changed the shape and thickened it up a little bit.

View my thread

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

John after watching and throwing in the odd question on instagram last weekend I think I'm ready to start my own practice!!!🤘 I really want to thank Melvin too for the incredible work 'during' his surgery fielding questions from those who were watching this surgery live on instagram. But to answer the question, yes I feel very confident going ahead and I will be both surgically and mentally in Dr Pradeep's hands this time next week. It was like being a fat kid in a candy store watching Dr Pradeep working on Melvin with both of them answering questions in tandem. 🙏

I would 100% book in to The Great Gatsby Clinic 😂👍🏽

• Haha 4

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Dr. Sethi told me that my case was a lot more difficult, as I have less hair in my donor, due to multiple FUEs. You are in great hands. For those of you who missed the live here it is

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYN-LCVAKpI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

Looks really good and should provide some nice coverage for your crown; I really like the hairline and temple points. Congrats Melvin.

Thanks man I appreciate it 🙏 

• Like 1

View my thread

Love your new hairline and temple point design Melvin, it really looks great on you, and grown out will make for a much more youthful aesthetic - think was a very wise move by you and Dr Sethi. 

As for the crown coverage, there was a lot of real estate, however the post op photos show promising coverage, and your beard hair has fantastic attributes, so I’m excited to see this one play out. 

Great write up as expected, and wishing you all the best over the coming months - you deserve this more than anyone! 

All the best. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

Love your new hairline and temple point design Melvin, it really looks great on you, and grown out will make for a much more youthful aesthetic - think was a very wise move by you and Dr Sethi. 

As for the crown coverage, there was a lot of real estate, however the post op photos show promising coverage, and your beard hair has fantastic attributes, so I’m excited to see this one play out. 

Great write up as expected, and wishing you all the best over the coming months - you deserve this more than anyone! 

All the best. 

Thanks man I appreciate it, what can I say, Dr. Sethi is an artist when it comes to the hairline and temple points. I was saying this will be my last HT, but after seeing my beard and how well it recovered. Another 1500 grafts wouldn’t hurt 😆 but we shall see. 

• Like 3

View my thread

44 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe I had around 400 grafts total, around 200 for each side, but I would have to confirm with Dr. Sethi. I'm still waiting for the graft breakdown. I know I had approximately 1,800 grafts in the crown alone. 

Thanks for the rough guess. I'm really eager to see how you get on. I've been told 250 per temple point and fingers crossed that will do the density justice to match the hairline zone they have drawn out in the consultation if i go ahead soon. 

Honestly, i would say that all the positive results shown here and the YouTube stuff is inspiring confidence that for my limited budget, Eugenix is probably the best place for my first hair transplant. 

Most in the UK seem to end up at a hair mill in Turkey, and whilst i'm smart enough to not fall for that, i didn't see many with enough results shown off reconstructing temple points and that's what really intrigued me  when a person as knowledgeable as you felt Eugenix were the #1 place to choose for that purpose too. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Like 2

Wow that hairline design looks great. You look good with the buzz cut too with that hairline. Not to beat a dead horse but have to say you really have done a crazy job disguising that crown in your videos, I did not know it was that empty. Happy growing and thanks for sharing 

• Like 1

I’m sure you’ve answered this somewhere before so I apologize, but have you considered SMP to compliment your procedures? I feel like you have the right hair/skin contrast for it to add illusion of density and not be detectable. Obviously not right now after this procedure, just curious on your thoughts in the past/future

Congratulations @Melvin- Moderator

Looks great and happy growing! You were surely in good hands! 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Congratulations Melvin on your surgery!  It looks like it's going to turn out amazing, but when you said you were going to get a final transplant I was thinking it'd be a few hundred grafts as a touch up somewhere I couldn't see on online photos, not a few thousand.  I always thought your hair was pretty much perfect, but now it really will be a year from now.

The rounding out of the hairline + temple peaks look like it should make for a nice difference as well.  Looking forward to following your progress.

Also, what a time you've had - honeymoon, flight to India, 3 days of intense surgery while staying in an epic Farmhouse, Dubai, and back.  Phew!  Seems like a good time to rest and grow. 

Edited by Lightmare

Looks amazing Melvin, good luck with the growing faze.  With my crown virtually the same as yours, and needing a lower, denser frontal hairline, in addition to an

FUT scar revsion from Surgery 18 years ago, I got quite excited by the work they put in. i am so impressed. The set up at the farm looks unreal, do you think that

craftsmanship and accomodation will be on offer for all of us?

You said you are unsure whether the accomodation and food was or wasn't included in the top package?

When you booked it in did you see what was  offered for that package you paid for, or did you not really worry about what was in that package?

As i'd Love to be able to pay for, and get, all that was offered up to you, sounds great?

I spoke to them today for what was supposed to be a major video consult, after lengthy whats app and email communiques, but i ended up on video, and the

Doctor was on voice call only. It sadly lasted less than 5 minutes as they were not that interested in dealing wiith revising my previous fut scar, and then

proceeding with the crown HT. The directive was to go see a Plastic surgeon in your city, see what they can do first, then come back to us after and we will then

look into what we can do. Quite a lukewarm reception post so much promising email conversations, and assessments of my pictures, and all your reader reviews,

plus seeing your work. i was a little dejected in  the end.

I was under the impression they were able to revise/minimise previous scars, such is their expertise? Has anyone else had an FUT scar revised there, or in

Turkey? If no one has in India at Eugenix, then I will unfortunately have to start looking in to Turkey for a Scar revision.

thanks for that, and good luck with yours.