4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It has been a week since my hair transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciences I actually first went to the Maldives with my wife for our honeymoon, then went to Delhi to have my hair transplant, and ended it with a short trip in Dubai. It was an amazing trip, but i'm glad to be back home, resting and recovering. I know some of you have messaged me here sorry I haven't gotten back to all of you sooner. It was difficult with traveling and all. I can finally take a breather and break down my entire experience, which was AMAZING! A special shout out to Anil, Amandeep and the entire team at Eugenix. They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable, their hospitality was something I have never experienced before in my life.

The Plan

Initially, the plan was to get about 2,500 grafts and concentrate in the crown. I sent pictures and some video, but being in person paints a better picture. I do a good job of creating an "illusion" but the truth is that I need a lot of grafts.  For those of you traveling to get a hair transplant, the surgeon may change the plan  if you need more or less grafts to reach your goal.  After shaving my head and taking a look at my donor, two things were clear, I needed a lot of grafts, and didn't have a lot of hair left in my donor. We decided to take hair from regions that wasn't previously harvested like my side napes, the side burns and right above my ear. Dr. Sethi was meticulous in his planning and execution, I could see that he was really trying to get me the best possible result. He was hyper-focused and the entire planning portion solidified my decision in choosing him. 

The Stay (Farmhouse)

c84ef104-7caa-442e-a09a-8b8f8e601c66.JPG

b551722f-1df9-4884-b2ff-ec4a423c7485.JPG

Recently, Eugenix acquired a beautiful farmhouse on 3 acres of land a hop away from the airport. As most of you know, I chose the highest package at Eugenix. Personally, I didn't want to let cost or location be the deciding factor, but focus on the results. The farmhouse is Dr. Sethi's project. I believe the house will be available to those who choose the package with him, there's a chef on site along with staff there to help you 24/7. I am not lying when I say the treatment I received was fit for a king. One of the days I was suffering from GERD (acid reflux) and within 15 minutes I had medication delivered to me, I could have tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks at any time of the day. The farmhouse isn't finished yet, but I can see this becoming a talking point and big bonus in the future, it was beyond VIP treatment. I got to meet some other patients there, one even said he was going to create a thread here. The upstairs portion is going to become a game room equipped with a pool table, flat screen TV,  and table tennis. Very excited to visit again and hear and see some of your guys's experiences in the future.

The Surgery (3 Days)

The surgery took longer than we all expected. As previously mentioned, the original plan was to harvest 2,500 grafts. However, after shaving my head, it was clear I would need a lot more grafts to reach my goal. Dr. Sethi looks at surgery as his art, and he is most definitely an artist. After looking at my hairline, he agreed it looked good, but felt the V shape was a little too sharp, he thought it would look more natural to round the hairline slightly, while bringing in the temple points. We spent about three hours talking about the design and plan. I thought it would be important to focus maximum density on the right lateral anterior portion of my crown, as I plan on combing my hair from left to right. This could provide more coverage and a better "illusion" of density when I style my hair. We were on the same page, and he instantly agreed. 

First Day of Surgery 12/31/21

The first day of surgery was mostly planning, we shaved my head and then the fun started. The surgery didn't start until late afternoon, and we didn't finish until 10 pm. At the end of the day Dr. Sethi had created all of the incisions and extracted and transplanted about 400 grafts. I was excited to see how my new hairline and temples would look. Overall, I felt it would be a huge improvement.

Second Day of Surgery 01/01/22

The second day of surgery started around 2 pm. Dr. Sethi had a company party planned for the team early in the morning, both of us expected the surgery to be done by then. The team work hard, so I definitely felt that it was important to show them appreciation. Work hard, play hard. Once the party was over, we headed to the clinic and it was all business. We did about 2,600 grafts and filled the crown and midscalp. Dr. Sethi wanted to leave the hairline and temple points for the next day, when he was fresh. I agreed that would be the best option. It was also important from a donor management perspective. There's an added benefit to creating sites a day or two before implantation. There's almost no bleeding and growth factors have begun healing the wounds, which can improve the yield, another potential benefit to pre-made slits. Although, Eugenix generally use DHT technique, they were aware of this added benefit. 

Third Day of Surgery 01/02/22

The last day of surgery we started around 8 am, Dr. Sethi began extracting the hair for my hairline and temples, he took hours extracting the perfect grafts and implanting them. I have to admit by the third day I felt exhausted, but seeing more and more hair on my head was SOOO motivating. The surgery lasted until 4:30 pm. Dr. Sethi had done almost every part of my procedure, he even did the anesthesia on the last day, though I will say this, Dr. Sethi don't quit your day job leave the anesthesia to Nitoo 😆 Dr. Arika did my beard extractions, and I have to say she did an amazing job. Here's my takeaway from Eugenix, each person on their team focuses on one thing, and one thing only, to the point where they master it. There are technicians that only do placement, nurses who only do anesthesia, and doctors that only do extractions day in and day out. You're getting experts if you pick the lowest package or the highest package. 

Now, the fun part PICTURES!!! I will add that my despite having 3 prior FUEs I was surprised at how well my scars looked with a shaved head. Again, scars are largely physiological. I had 1mm punches used on my scalp and the scars were barely visible. Also, not all of the hair was shaved, Dr. Sethi left a portion unshaved near the demarcation line, so that he made sure that hair wasn't extracted during the procedure. He went up pretty high, as we discussed in detail and both agreed the hair right below my lateral humps were my healthiest hair. 

I'll be updating you guys every week, and then every month after that, just to show you guys the healing process. I will say my beard has healed almost 100%, feels like I didn't get any grafts taken from there. 

Graft Breakdown

2,100 scalp grafts, 300 doubles were made into singles which turned into 2,400 scalp grafts.

1,600 beard grafts, for a total of 4,000 grafts. I'm still waiting on the actual numbers of 1s, 2s and 3s, but I will say that I was shocked to know I had quite a bit of multis still in the donor. 

Before Surgery

IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4370.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4696.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPG

Shaved and Mapped Out

IMG_4700.JPGIMG_4701.JPGIMG_4702.JPGIMG_4594.JPGIMG_4704.JPG

Graft Placement Post-op

IMG_4706.JPGIMG_4705.JPGIMG_4712.JPGIMG_4711.JPGIMG_4578.JPGIMG_4707.JPGIMG_4579.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4713.JPG

One Week Post-Op At Home

IMG_4718.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4723.jpgIMG_4725.jpgIMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4722 2.jpg

So they took 1500 grafts from the beard, when the doctor suggests they could take another 1500 was he suggesting taking it from the same under chin area or would they have to harvest from your cheeks as well?

Very Happy for you Melvin, saw your videos with Eugenix and bought back memories. Clean and Impeccable work by Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal. My next HT with Eugenix probably this year, will also be my Last. Good to hear you Potentially have more Grafts in the Bank. I have no Doubt this will turn out to be a Great Result. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Funny you mention it, he said this was a huge test and privilege for him because i'm so knowledgable and because I run the biggest and most popular hair restoration community in the world. His words, not mine lol.

And with this being the case do you think  they rolled out the red carpet for you, as you say you were treat like a king... will joe public get the same treatment and time spent on them

Love the hairline btw, looks great and good luck

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What a great transplant.  Gonna turn out amazing!  Also, that instagram video is an amazing resource, getting to see such professionals at work from so close up!  Great thread!

Check out my journey here:

Melvin---envious on multiple counts. First, the Maldives look to me like tropical heaven on earth. Great choice since you were already in that part of the world, and your credit card was already stretched to the max. Where's your suntan? (Probably not good for the HT) Secondly, your hair looks terrific, and it is just the beginning of great things to come. I know what you mean about hair greed. It is real.  My last procedure was with the king of hair--Konior---and when he told me that i had a lot of hair, the gears in my mind started rolling as I, too, thought that this was going to be my last procedure.. Interestingly, I part my hair on my left, too. Konior worked his magic on the crown and there was concentration on the right lateral, too! I think your hairline looked a little angular before--nice and appropriate for you---but definitely looks like an improvement was made. Temple points are so important. Konior made mention of how much more youthful good temple points makes us. Look at Clark Gable. Again, good decisions by you and the Doctor. The planning is all important--and too often rushed. I am intrigued by the your illusionary talents. Can you post a picture of your crown with fibers in it, just so what we know is possible? And yes, hopefully you will need at most a sprinkling of those post results. Finally, thanks for responding to my PM. I was starting to get a complex.

Edited by Mountinvan
Expand and correct

Hi Melvin

Congratulations on your transplant. Wishing and hoping that it turns out the way you want it. Since this is your 3rd transplant just wondering what will be different this time that you think will work long term . I do remember in one of your videos you mentioned you did not take oral fin. Will you be taking it this time.

Just trying to know how to make a transplant last for long once it's been done.

Thanks

All the best!

8 hours ago, Savemyhairline said:

I’m sure you’ve answered this somewhere before so I apologize, but have you considered SMP to compliment your procedures? I feel like you have the right hair/skin contrast for it to add illusion of density and not be detectable. Obviously not right now after this procedure, just curious on your thoughts in the past/future

Bumping this question on SMP^ Have you considered doing this in the future if, for example, this procedure gives you solid crown coverage but SMP would really put you over the top? 

7 hours ago, ANDYMAL said:

Looks amazing Melvin, good luck with the growing faze.  With my crown virtually the same as yours, and needing a lower, denser frontal hairline, in addition to an

FUT scar revsion from Surgery 18 years ago, I got quite excited by the work they put in. i am so impressed. The set up at the farm looks unreal, do you think that

craftsmanship and accomodation will be on offer for all of us?

You said you are unsure whether the accomodation and food was or wasn't included in the top package?

When you booked it in did you see what was  offered for that package you paid for, or did you not really worry about what was in that package?

As i'd Love to be able to pay for, and get, all that was offered up to you, sounds great?

I spoke to them today for what was supposed to be a major video consult, after lengthy whats app and email communiques, but i ended up on video, and the

Doctor was on voice call only. It sadly lasted less than 5 minutes as they were not that interested in dealing wiith revising my previous fut scar, and then

proceeding with the crown HT. The directive was to go see a Plastic surgeon in your city, see what they can do first, then come back to us after and we will then

look into what we can do. Quite a lukewarm reception post so much promising email conversations, and assessments of my pictures, and all your reader reviews,

plus seeing your work. i was a little dejected in  the end.

I was under the impression they were able to revise/minimise previous scars, such is their expertise? Has anyone else had an FUT scar revised there, or in

Turkey? If no one has in India at Eugenix, then I will unfortunately have to start looking in to Turkey for a Scar revision.

thanks for that, and good luck with yours.

Although i'm not Melvin, and i haven't seen your pictures. I'm pretty surprised because their YouTube even has a video of somebody with like FUT scars that looked quite bad that they were apparently going to help with. So i'd have thought it might have been on the table. 

That said, i don't know what your budget it or anything, but i would probably urge you to go look at Feller Medical. DR Blake Bloxham has YouTube videos showing how they do regular FUT procedures and they deal with scar revision. They could give you an idea. 

4 hours ago, Newyear newhair said:

And with this being the case do you think  they rolled out the red carpet for you, as you say you were treat like a king... will joe public get the same treatment and time spent on them

Love the hairline btw, looks great and good luck

This is what i've pointed out as well. They rolled out the Red Carpet for Melvin and i don't for a second begrudge him the experience and he's a great guy, but this treatment is a marketing opportunity by Eugenix and they're taking full advantage. 

Personally i'm not expecting this treatment and i've already seen the Joe Public treatment even on the Super Premium package where some said they probably were better going on the Exclusive package to save money. 

There's also a concern about future patient care, results etc. but they seem to be balancing it all out a bit atm. 

I think i will be going for a HT with them due to budget, experience on temporal points reconstruction and hopefully if anything was to go awry, i can document it all here. That's what also i noticed, if you Google Eugenix Hair Sciences reviews, there's a site that has a imo sightly poor review score and disgruntled customers in the reviews but on here i know people generally are a good bunch, know their stuff and can show pictures of the whole process. So it's a little more objective and that's why i've signed up and still confident they could be the right choice and Melvin felt that too, even if he had a red carpet roll out, it would be bad for them to offer users of the same site sub par results when Melvin will also be able to comment on them publicly. That said, Eugenix at least so far indicate their willingness to correct things for people if necessary and i'm sure a bit of assistance from this forums community can help inspire a response too. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, ANDYMAL said:

Looks amazing Melvin, good luck with the growing faze.  With my crown virtually the same as yours, and needing a lower, denser frontal hairline, in addition to an

FUT scar revsion from Surgery 18 years ago, I got quite excited by the work they put in. i am so impressed. The set up at the farm looks unreal, do you think that

craftsmanship and accomodation will be on offer for all of us?

You said you are unsure whether the accomodation and food was or wasn't included in the top package?

When you booked it in did you see what was  offered for that package you paid for, or did you not really worry about what was in that package?

As i'd Love to be able to pay for, and get, all that was offered up to you, sounds great?

I spoke to them today for what was supposed to be a major video consult, after lengthy whats app and email communiques, but i ended up on video, and the

Doctor was on voice call only. It sadly lasted less than 5 minutes as they were not that interested in dealing wiith revising my previous fut scar, and then

proceeding with the crown HT. The directive was to go see a Plastic surgeon in your city, see what they can do first, then come back to us after and we will then

look into what we can do. Quite a lukewarm reception post so much promising email conversations, and assessments of my pictures, and all your reader reviews,

plus seeing your work. i was a little dejected in  the end.

I was under the impression they were able to revise/minimise previous scars, such is their expertise? Has anyone else had an FUT scar revised there, or in

Turkey? If no one has in India at Eugenix, then I will unfortunately have to start looking in to Turkey for a Scar revision.

thanks for that, and good luck with yours.

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your comments. I have some thoughts on scar revisions. In general, I think they’re a bad idea. There’s no guarantee your scar won’t stretch and you’ll be left in the same position as before, plus the recovery time is twice as long. Overall its a bad idea. I would opt for FUE into the scar and possibly smp

As for this treatment, I believe it will be available in the exclusive VIP package, specifically with Dr. Pradeep. That said, my experience may differ from others. I don’t want to paint this unrealistic expectation from the clinic or the surgeon.  My advice for anyone is to ask beforehand what will and won’t be included. Eugenix has always been transparent about their process. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

This is what i've pointed out as well. They rolled out the Red Carpet for Melvin and i don't for a second begrudge him the experience and he's a great guy, but this treatment is a marketing opportunity by Eugenix and they're taking full advantage. 

Personally i'm not expecting this treatment and i've already seen the Joe Public treatment even on the Super Premium package where some said they probably were better going on the Exclusive package to save money. 

There's also a concern about future patient care, results etc. but they seem to be balancing it all out a bit atm. 

I think i will be going for a HT with them due to budget, experience on temporal points reconstruction and hopefully if anything was to go awry, i can document it all here. That's what also i noticed, if you Google Eugenix Hair Sciences reviews, there's a site that has a imo sightly poor review score and disgruntled customers in the reviews but on here i know people generally are a good bunch, know their stuff and can show pictures of the whole process. So it's a little more objective and that's why i've signed up and still confident they could be the right choice and Melvin felt that too, even if he had a red carpet roll out, it would be bad for them to offer users of the same site sub par results when Melvin will also be able to comment on them publicly. That said, Eugenix at least so far indicate their willingness to correct things for people if necessary and i'm sure a bit of assistance from this forums community can help inspire a response too. 

If you’re going with a budget, you can’t  expect the same things as someone who chose a much higher package. Doctors all around the world charge a premium for their time and expertise. I see no issues with this, especially since this is a business. 

End of the day, the only thing that matters is the result, and that would be obtained with any of the packages regardless.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, mmokin said:

So they took 1500 grafts from the beard, when the doctor suggests they could take another 1500 was he suggesting taking it from the same under chin area or would they have to harvest from your cheeks as well?

1600 from under my chin, and another 1500 from my chin.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
9 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Congratulations @Melvin- Moderator

Looks great and happy growing! You were surely in good hands! 

Thank you Dr. Barghouthi 🙌🏼

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

The works looks amazing Melvin - will be following along with everyone else. As you may remember, I did 'check-in' and watch for a bit and say hello during a part of your surgery on YouTube. Glad to hear everything went well!

I totally going back for a touch up just so I can stay at that Farmhouse! :D

• Haha 2

@Melvin- Moderator- it has all been said so far in this thread!

Looks amazing! You will have a full head of hair!

As for 1,500 grafts left to extract from the beard, I am guessing they could probably push that a lot if wanted/needed if they extracted from checks and if you decided you didn’t care to have a beard, or okay with a minimal beard.

This also shows how far FUE has come since you started your journey in that if you started your journey now, what you had done over 4 surgeries could have been done over 2 procedures.

Finally, in my opinion, this shows the power of FUE in being able to push graft limits through homogeneous depletion, and scarring that is barely if at all noticeable.

Happy growing!!!!

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

The works looks amazing Melvin - will be following along with everyone else. As you may remember, I did 'check-in' and watch for a bit and say hello during a part of your surgery on YouTube. Glad to hear everything went well!

I totally going back for a touch up just so I can stay at that Farmhouse! :D

hahaha thank you man

View my thread

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, SLA said:

@Melvin- Moderator- it has all been said so far in this thread!

Looks amazing! You will have a full head of hair!

As for 1,500 grafts left to extract from the beard, I am guessing they could probably push that a lot if wanted/needed if they extracted from checks and if you decided you didn’t care to have a beard, or okay with a minimal beard.

This also shows how far FUE has come since you started your journey in that if you started your journey now, what you had done over 4 surgeries could have been done over 2 procedures.

Finally, in my opinion, this shows the power of FUE in being able to push graft limits through homogeneous depletion, and scarring that is barely if at all noticeable.

Happy growing!!!!

My first surgery was a complete waste. I didn't research and chose a clinic close to my house. At the time I believe I paid around $6 per graft, and the results were abysmal. If I was starting over now, I probably could have gotten this in two procedures for sure like @Zoomster but at the same time, if I didn't experience that, I probably wouldn't have been as passionate about this community. So, in the end, I wouldn't change anything because this community has been amazing to me, and now i'm just paying it forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

View my thread