4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

@Melvin- Moderator  Hi again Melvin,  

Is there any chance you asked Dr Sethi when are you able to apply Hair Fibres on the scalp after the procedure? After 2 weeks its safe I guess?   

I know its much easier to just go out and keep the scalp clean of anything... but since i work in an airport I would like to keep my procedure a secret. So I guessed that since it will be a shaved hair, a few fibers can make the transplanted areas discreet.  If not... then i guess a hat will have to do the trick when i return to work after the 2 weeks break period post-op 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Is there any chance you asked Dr Sethi when are you able to apply Hair Fibres on the scalp after the procedure? After 2 weeks its safe I guess? 

Hi @Ryan Daniel- Dr. Bisanga said in a consult a minimum of 6 months no fibers post HT.

I don't think there is evidence it will do harm (could be wrong), but I think it is out of caution that fibers don't promote an optimal environment for growth.

2 minutes ago, SLA said:

Hi @Ryan Daniel- Dr. Bisanga said in a consult a minimum of 6 months no fibers post HT.

I don't think there is evidence it will do harm (could be wrong), but I think it is out of caution that fibers don't promote an optimal environment for growth.

No problem. I don't mind wearing a hat everyday while im outside.  Im a home person anyway, and only go out at evenings 😁

• Like 1

Melvin, you mentioned considering topical anti-androgens. Which ones in particular? Also have you been on Propecia/Avodart between your last procedure and this one?

Others have mentioned this, but the difference in your vertex from the "My Hair Transplant Journey" video in your signature to now is quite striking.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

@Melvin- Moderator  Hi again Melvin,  

I know its much easier to just go out and keep the scalp clean of anything... but since i work in an airport I would like to keep my procedure a secret. So I guessed that since it will be a shaved hair, a few fibers can make the transplanted areas discreet.  If not... then i guess a hat will have to do the trick when i return to work after the 2 weeks break period post-op 😀

You should be able to use them around two week mark. But let me confirm.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Melvin, you mentioned considering topical anti-androgens. Which ones in particular? Also have you been on Propecia/Avodart between your last procedure and this one?

Others have mentioned this, but the difference in your vertex from the "My Hair Transplant Journey" video in your signature to now is quite striking.

It was always been the same, it’s just lighting and hair style. I combed my hair back which disguised the crown, but I did mention that in the video. In this instance, I combed my hair forward fully exposing the crown. My crowns been this bald since before I had any hair transplants. 

2014 8 years ago 3 months before my first HTC9309DF0-549F-4D51-83CE-E2D7F97D0244.jpeg

Now 

B799B93B-E235-4E14-B625-EE85FA77F287.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Ah I see. I was thinking of this moment from your Youtube video where you showed your crown (combed apart) --

image.png.b7da00f521b899db83e6dd058c71eb94.png

Was the pic you just posted above before or after the video? Also are you on finasteride, keto or minoxidil?

I am so surprised you went to India but really excited for you. Good luck with your recovery and I hope your outcome is another 10/10.

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Ah I see. I was thinking of this moment from your Youtube video where you showed your crown (combed apart) --

image.png.b7da00f521b899db83e6dd058c71eb94.png

Was the pic you just posted above before or after the video? Also are you on finasteride, keto or minoxidil?

I am so surprised you went to India but really excited for you. Good luck with your recovery and I hope your outcome is another 10/10.

This picture was taken after my third HT, but the angle is the upper portion of my my crown seen here. Not on finasteride and don’t plan to this year. I’m creating my own natural anti-androgen formula.BF160A25-15F9-4883-92FB-A8D883F35F17.jpeg

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Do you think you will still need concealer in the crown in 12 months time?

Your donor seems good.

We shall see, I have quite a bit of density in the whorl. I counted close to 40 grafts per cm2 in the whorl. As it grows and splays out, it’ll provide some good coverage.

88A76053-DA83-4000-BB83-BB65C26BE96D.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Corrected number

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We shall see, I have quite a bit of density in the whorl. I counted close to 50 grafts per cm2 in the whorl. As it grows and splays out, it’ll provide some good coverage.

88A76053-DA83-4000-BB83-BB65C26BE96D.jpeg

That does not seem like a reliable way to count grafts per cm2.

I am pretty sure this will be a great result, hopefully you will get enough density in the crown, usually beard grafts is mostly singles so we shall see, you will only need a small amount of concealer anyways if its not really a 100%. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, digi23 said:

That does not seem like a reliable way to count grafts per cm2.

I am pretty sure this will be a great result, hopefully you will get enough density in the crown, usually beard grafts is mostly singles so we shall see, you will only need a small amount of concealer anyways if its not really a 100%. 

You are absolutely right, definitely not a true number, this was my approximation but it’s probably close to 38-42 grafts per cm2, according to Dr. Sethi.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You are absolutely right, definitely not a true number, this was my approximation but it’s probably close to 38-42 grafts per cm2, according to Dr. Sethi.

Yes nothing to worry about, Eugenix is godlike. 

Will be fun to follow your journey! :D

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I've seen some clinics use this method with decent reliability. They usually have much closer high res images though and they number each individual follicle on the image, there's an autocount function. 

I don't know if you answered this already but how is the post op pain/swelling compared to your other procedures? Is there anything you did differently this time with your prior experience as far as prepping for the procedure or helping things along afterwards?

I've noticed really early growth with some of Eugenix's other threads. They've got some magic in their potion. Hopefully you fall into this group.

Congratulations on your recent surgery Melvin and thank you for such a great write up.

You are extremely honest and transparent and carry this forum incredibly well and you deserve the very best.
It will be great to witness your progress and evolution and all of us at BHR wish you the very best!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Congratulations on your recent surgery Melvin and thank you for such a great write up.

You are extremely honest and transparent and carry this forum incredibly well and you deserve the very best.
It will be great to witness your progress and evolution and all of us at BHR wish you the very best!

Thank you Ian, means a lot 🙏🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
11 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Melvin, your beard is quite thick and resembles mine. I’m surprised most grafts from there are one-haired. Did Dr. Sethi split your beard grafts to keep the punch size smaller?

Yes, he split the grafts. I do believe the healing time has a lot to do with punch size, the largest punches were up near my lateral humps 0.9 and they healed the slowest, as opposed to my beard which was 0.75.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Hello guys, i am new to this forum, but was reading a lot of reviews here as a guest for some time. 

I love that you used so many grafts on temples, looking dope. I am really curious how temples will look after 6 months and late :) 

Based on my knowledge, doing temples correctly(respecting all the rules) is one of the hardest and time-consuming thing in hair transplant. Could you further elaborate details how your temples were done? I mean - who did slits for temples, who did extraction and searched for this perfect signles for front rows in temples, who at the end implanted hairs at the  temples , how many singles you had from this 400 at the temples and other details that you may remember.

Edited by GeneralNorwood

45 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Hello guys, i am new to this forum, but was reading a lot of reviews here as a guest for some time. 

I love that you used so many grafts on temples, looking dope. I am really curious how temples will look after 6 months and late :) 

Based on my knowledge, doing temples correctly(respecting all the rules) is one of the hardest and time-consuming thing in hair transplant. Could you further elaborate details how your temples were done? I mean - who did slits for temples, who did extraction and searched for this perfect signles for front rows in temples, who at the end implanted hairs at the  temples , how many singles you had from this 400 at the temples and other details that you may remember.

great question!   id like to know as well.  Temples are an extention of the hairline, the softness and naturalness are vital. Its a skill few clinics can master. I myself am looking to soften up my temples because other clinic did an ok job, but one side looks way "pluggier" than the other. 

Knowing who does the slits and pics out the softest singles is big key, and having those soft singles grow is all in mother natures hands.

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I filmed the portion of the surgery that was my hairline and temples. Check it out

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYN-LCVAKpI/?utm_medium=copy_link

View my thread

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Ffx305 said:

great question!   id like to know as well.  Temples are an extention of the hairline, the softness and naturalness are vital. Its a skill few clinics can master. I myself am looking to soften up my temples because other clinic did an ok job, but one side looks way "pluggier" than the other. 

Knowing who does the slits and pics out the softest singles is big key, and having those soft singles grow is all in mother natures hands.

It’s all transparent and on video 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYN-LCVAKpI/?utm_medium=copy_link

View my thread