4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Hi melvin!! Watched your procedure live,all planned and executed to perfect detail from Pradeep!! For sure this is a home run and result will be unbelievable!! One quick question,I’ve booked the super premium package with dr Arika and going there soon,wondering if they will put me up in the farmhouse??!! (Never knew about this!) haha 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Ronaldo18 said:

Hi melvin!! Watched your procedure live,all planned and executed to perfect detail from Pradeep!! For sure this is a home run and result will be unbelievable!! One quick question,I’ve booked the super premium package with dr Arika and going there soon,wondering if they will put me up in the farmhouse??!! (Never knew about this!) haha 

The farmhouse isn’t finished yet, I stayed in the westin for two days, but then decided to stay in the farmhouse. Im sure Dr. Sethi will show you the farmhouse. You can possibly stay if there’s no construction going on. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Hey Melvin... 

What do you use post surgery on grafts.   I know some dr's just recommend any saline/ocean spray, and some dr sell their own product.   I came across one Dr recommending a new product, Vitalise wound care spray.  

https://www.energy-delivery-solutions.com/order-form-vitalise

Dr. Sethi’s gonna get mad at me lol, but no I’m no longer using the saline spray. I used it as directed for the first 5 days. Personally, I don’t think it makes a big difference. I didn’t use saline spray at all for my second procedure and it grew in well. Don’t waste your money on sprays.  I’ll say this though, always follow your doctors instructions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Initial looks of transplant look great.Melvin I have been following your videos for a long time.Your second transplant result was a great inspiration for me.However the pics you have shown in this thread of your head from top view, it looks  very sparse.Looks like earlier transplant was a failure.But in videos on YouTube, from  front view the results look very nice. From this I can vouch that hair transplant at best is an illusion and only a particular hairstyle and a particular surgeon can create this illusion. What are your thoughts on this Mr Melvin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Owais12348 said:

Initial looks of transplant look great.Melvin I have been following your videos for a long time.Your second transplant result was a great inspiration for me.However the pics you have shown in this thread of your head from top view, it looks  very sparse.Looks like earlier transplant was a failure.But in videos on YouTube, from  front view the results look very nice. From this I can vouch that hair transplant at best is an illusion and only a particular hairstyle and a particular surgeon can create this illusion. What are your thoughts on this Mr Melvin

For full transparency, my hair was wet and in the pictures they’re damp. It looked worse than it actually does in general. My hairline was great, very happy with the outcome. But of course who doesn’t want more hair and a better hairline. 

View my thread

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, ML488 said:

I had no idea you were that bald in the crown area. Were you always using fibers/dermatch?

Good luck with your growing.

Yes, I mentioned it in this video

• Like 1

View my thread

Great video, thanks for sharing. I'm kind of shock by just how little real hair you had on your scalp. Gives me hope that fibers can go a long way with a little hair. I'm assuming you'd basically be just about a NW6.5 or even 7 without transplants?

29 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I mentioned it in this video

Just saw the video and man your hair looks good even with wet hair.  And with the latest procedure it will probably solve your hair transplant journey.  

I'm late in reading this thread.  Congrats, Melvin!  This looks like superb work and I'm sure you're excited as hell to see what the result is when it grows out.  I'll be interested to see what your final result is in your crown.  That's the black hole of grafts. Even after my third surgery, I still could use about a 1,000 more grafts in mine.  My goal was to stop using fibers too and if I just go with the slightly balding in the crown look (I'm 54 so who cares?) I'm there.  However, I can still sprinkle just a little of the fibers on and I'm 100% not balding (ha!).  Still, hair nirvana is dumping the fibers and never looking back.  Happy growing and thanks for letting us all see the full journey.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Tao said:

I'm late in reading this thread.  Congrats, Melvin!  This looks like superb work and I'm sure you're excited as hell to see what the result is when it grows out.  I'll be interested to see what your final result is in your crown.  That's the black hole of grafts. Even after my third surgery, I still could use about a 1,000 more grafts in mine.  My goal was to stop using fibers too and if I just go with the slightly balding in the crown look (I'm 54 so who cares?) I'm there.  However, I can still sprinkle just a little of the fibers on and I'm 100% not balding (ha!).  Still, hair nirvana is dumping the fibers and never looking back.  Happy growing and thanks for letting us all see the full journey.

Your hair looks absolutely fantastic, I believe we're around the same baldness scale. That's why I posed the question, will the be my last hair transplant haha. I will re-evaluate at 12 months. I was told by Dr. Sethi that I could easily do another 1,500 grafts from under my chin and still be able to sport a beard. I don't feel like my donor looks too depleted right now either. How many grafts did you get in your crown?

View my thread

• Administrators
Just now, JC71 said:

A Norwood 6A ? 😂

Norwood 7A lol

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair looks absolutely fantastic, I believe we're around the same baldness scale. That's why I posed the question, will the be my last hair transplant haha. I will re-evaluate at 12 months. I was told by Dr. Sethi that I could easily do another 1,500 grafts from under my chin and still be able to sport a beard. I don't feel like my donor looks too depleted right now either. How many grafts did you get in your crown?

Do you know if Dr Sethi does chest hair too besides beard? Thanks!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, tony71 said:

Do you know if Dr Sethi does chest hair too besides beard? Thanks!

He does but he prefers beard hair. It grows better, matches the scalps hair life cycle. I think chest hair is more of a last resort resource. I have dense beard, Dr. Arika and Dr. Sethi were both impressed, so I don't believe i'll need to tap into chest hair at all. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

20 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I saw your video and i don't know if you use any extra fibres or anything, but from where you were before your first procedure to now it's really impressive. 

I can definitely say your case and some of the others are a great example of what can be achieved even at a higher Norwood starting point with a smart use of grafts from different areas. 

Melvin also as said has disguised his crown really well but i think we're all looking forwards to seeing his 12 month results as well as all the updates along the way. 

Hi Thanks @NARMAK..for true transparency i don't ever use fibres in monthly updates or videos..I don't believe any forum members do this to be honest however I do surely use fibers on occasion when out and about and for social occasions...

I like Melvins idea of loading up on grafts for  one side to allow for illusion of density while going left to right parting  ..smart play @Melvin- Moderator

• Like 2

Nice one Melvin.  Looking forward to seeing this one develop over the coming months.

Agree with the guys who said the buzz look looked good too.

• Like 2

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

Was your donor hair a bit thin or fine to begin with? I too was surprised at just how "little" you had up top after 3 surgeries.

Glad you had a good experience at Eugenix.

No, I have medium/thick hair. 

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Hi Thanks @NARMAK..for true transparency i don't ever use fibres in monthly updates or videos..I don't believe any forum members do this to be honest however I do surely use fibers on occasion when out and about and for social occasions...

I like Melvins idea of loading up on grafts for  one side to allow for illusion of density while going left to right parting  ..smart play @Melvin- Moderator

Yes, I don’t think anyone should put fibers in their updates. I will be fully transparent. But I know I’ll be using these concealers until growth start’s coming in lol.

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Sethi’s gonna get mad at me lol, but no I’m no longer using the saline spray. I used it as directed for the first 5 days. Personally, I don’t think it makes a big difference. I didn’t use saline spray at all for my second procedure and it grew in well. Don’t waste your money on sprays.  I’ll say this though, always follow your doctors instructions. 

My doctor only had me use thermal water spray if I experienced itching, and was not directed to use it at all in other circumstances.

That said, I had quite a bit of itching so used it quite often the first 3 days.

I also think that the saline spray is probably not that important, but yeah, I still would follow all directions to a T.

Check out my journey here:

32 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

I think it's completely fair game tbh to use hair fibres to help regardless of whether to accentuate your natural hair or after a transplant. 

I still thoroughly believe in firstly trying non-surgical methods but once you are at that place where you are where you've done those methods and a HT is the only method to achieve your results. Do your research much like you did and head to the best place possible. I truly believe you have to see it as an investment and its for life most of the time and a bad or good outcome will be staying with you. 

I'm just really happy for you to have the results you got. I can only imagine how amazing it must feel coming back from where you started and being where you are now to your confidence even if you're a man who's older and "expected" to just live with it right. 

I salute all you gents fighting the good fight and sharing your results here for us all to benefit from. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I got about 2,000 in my crown on my second procedure, with about 300 going to shore up my hairline.  My last procedure, 1,600 grafts went toward shoring up my sides and parts and some into the crown.  Its all covered now but the crown is not dense for sure and when my hair is wet, you can see a balding spot.  With the right styling and length and when its dry, its pretty close to not needing hair fibers.  But not quite.

• Like 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Tao said:

I got about 2,000 in my crown on my second procedure, with about 300 going to shore up my hairline.  My last procedure, 1,600 grafts went toward shoring up my sides and parts and some into the crown.  Its all covered now but the crown is not dense for sure and when my hair is wet, you can see a balding spot.  With the right styling and length and when its dry, its pretty close to not needing hair fibers.  But not quite.

So almost identical to me, we focused on the side channels and maximum density around the whorl. But I fully expect to have some scalp showing when it’s wet or under certain lighting. Do you think you’ll go back for another 1000? If so, do you think it’ll be enough to never use fibers again. 

I’ve always wanted to create a pomade that has some fibers built into it, so it can help thicken your hair but not be as messy, if I can formulate this I’ll be a rich man 😂 

• Like 1

View my thread