Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

Prologue - A Series of Unfortunate Events

My story begins on a dark, grey cloudy morning (16th May 2022) which to say how the day unfolded may have been an omen of events to come. Rain the night prior continued towards the morning as i rose to get my final preparations done. I was unable to complete the Air Suvidha form the night before due to some technical issues of a useless Android App, meant to compress your PDF to under the 1MB requirement. So my morning began trying to set this right and with the help of my sister and Satyam @Eugenix Hair Sciences concierge giving me all the correct formatting for the information requested, i successfully managed to submit the form albeit without an assigned seat (Must be updated prior to boarding they said). At this point i was told you must also have a printed copy. I quickly went to get ready with a shower and finalising my packing believing i had everything i needed. Said goodbye to my loved one's and had a few come with me to see me off. On the way, i still needed those pesky print offs for the Air Suvidha and so drove to the local library to be confronted with it being absolutely wrecked and under reconstruction. So i had to detour all the way across to town and time was not on my side. By now it was approaching 12.35pm with a coach looking at 1pm when i finally got to the 2nd library. I briskly walked to the computers and waited an eternity for them to allow me to finally log in and print off the documents. A quick attempt to print them only delayed me another moment whilst i had to top up my print credit. Running out of time and praying that the coach may be delayed, as soon as i picked up the papers i broke into a brisk jog. This is where things took the biggest unfortunate turn. Within 60 seconds of starting my jog as i had done so several times before, i felt a sudden popping of my left knee. Dread filled me. Surely not now! Now of all days and times. A disastrous injury from 2018 to my left knee that left me needing physio and had been a long arduous recovery.

So, in panic immediately stopping to a snail walk, i began to feel the almost forgotten dread of walking whilst slowing to a complete limp whilst i dragged myself back to the car. Almost ready to cry (manly tears of course) of the pain and reminder what this could mean for my health long term but also the difficult position i now found myself in. My sister who i had sent in yo the nearby shop to get me some sandwiches, snacks etc. also returned and whilst in pain and seeing the 12.45pm time, i began to try quickly drive towards the coach station. Knowing that even if i got there near the time, i wouldn't be able to walk as quickly as i needed. So, when i stopped i got the stuff i had (small case and rucksack) out quickly as i could and began a painful walk to the end of the coach stands. Brief respite not even felt on an escalator knowing i had to try move quickly. Finally getting there to realise, it had gone.

My heart sunk. Whilst my mother told me we could simply drive towards London, i knew this wasn't practical and as they came into the station to comfort me, my other sister who remained at home began to look for alternate coaches after a futile attempt to contact the original coach to re-arrange a time (seriously, SCREW YOU companies that use automated lines and NOT humans!!). We found one due to depart at 2.10pm with an arrival around 7pm. Luckily my flight wasn't till the next day so this wouldn't have a huge impact but my new injury certainly would.

The coach arrived and boarded as normal, finding a seat with some extra leg room to stretch my injured leg, trying to move it here and there like almost a mild physio attempt but mainly praying a miracle recovery would happen. We began the long 5 hour plus journey and after the 3rd scheduled stop, things took a turn for the worse perhaps showing more omens but at this stage i couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. The driver made an emergency stop on the motorway (Highway for all y'all 'Mericans) after a light showed a fire detected in the passenger area. Perhaps an over eager moron with a smoke habit using an e-cigarette or a faulty sensor. Either way, we were now stopped and losing time. Eventually after some panicked calling on the part of the driver we managed to set off again when the alarm had gone off and a full check done to show we weren't immediately going to combust into flames. We got to a scheduled stop and the drivers changed, setting off once again the driver got off the main motorway to what i thought was a scheduled stop. It wasn't. What followed was a hilarious unexpected jaunt through the rural UK countryside in a coach far too big for the roads coming across multiple narrow bridges and the absurdity only grew when i came to realise that the next stop was actually in London where i was supposed to disembark. Yes, all that time we spent could have been entirely avoided had the driver simply stayed on the M1 motorway (for those familiar) and followed it directly into London where it ends.

Eventually we arrived 50 minutes late from our expected time of arrival and i had been keeping my family apprised of the situation where i was going to be picked up by a family member. As i left the coach, i could feel things were not well at all with my knee. Whilst seated i had tried to weight bear it and knew it wasn't going to co-operate. Immediately as i made the dozen or so steps off the coach, it began to tighten and even a short walk without issues a day prior was now like climbing Everest. I eventually got into the car, reclined the seat back to ease the pressure and we got to the place where i would stay. Immediately applying heat spray and doing whatever i could. I spent some time keeping it iced, some using a home remedy my mum had told me and then i turned in for the night with it almost approaching midnight.

In the morning (17th May), i've woken and there's been some improvement from before but i knew from experience that this is usually a temporary state of affairs that becomes exacerbated once i attempt to even walk remotely normal-ish for a short distance. I began my day off at 5.40am approximately and got showered and made my way to the airport thanks to the help of the same family member that had picked me up. One final little quirk was the entry gate messing up immediately after somebody had gone through just fine. How many of these things are there now? I knew this was not going to be easy when travelling and so I asked the check in staff to try and get me as much leg room as possible and seat not too far from a toilet if i needed to go. Unfortunately a free upgrade seemed to be out of the possibilities but hey, don't ask, don't get.

I made my way up to the lounge area where they said that you can get some assistance, updated my seat number to the Air Suvidha portal and figured i'll just use a pen to change it when i arrive. I did have a last minute scare and have to ring my sister to email me the PDF versions because for some bizarre reason it accepted my passport version from before and didn't ask for it, but did want my COVID-19 certificate and information.

All done, had a sandwich and then went over to get some assistance going through security. Not as quick as i thought it would have been. You still get held up and tbh, i thought it would have been a bit quicker but it went through smoothly there and got a buggy ride right to the gate which was great because i cannot walk the distance that gate was.

So, i'm comfortable on the plane now and heading to Delhi. Hopefully i can reply when i land and get settled. Wish em luck! 

Edited by NARMAK
Updated Thread Title
  • Like 1

All the best! Kamran It has been a very rough ride for you to get to this point, but that grey cloud it soon to get lifted. All the stress and strain (both mentally and physically) to get to the procedure, will soon be soon be forgotten! You have been meticulous with your research and are going to reap the rewards! 

• Like 2

jeez you took me on a ride with that one. Hope your knee gets better and what an excellent write up that was better than any of the books they used to make us read in the english classes back in secondary lol. I am glad you managed to get on to the plane man, everything will be smooth sailing from here! Keep us updated.

• Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

• Administrators

Wow what a roller coaster. Sorry you got this knee injury. The rain seems to have a terrible affect on joints. 

The good news. Getting a hair transplant is mostly resting, so hopefully you can rehab the knee while getting your hair done. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dear NARMAK,

Good luck with your HT. I was just at Eugenix last month. Everything in India is cheap. Street food could be had for 50 rupees, which is less than 1 USD. Try not to drink the tap water though. If you are staying at the Westin, there are 2 shopping malls within walking distance. One about 20 minutes, another about 25 minutes across the street.

• Like 1

Well guys, i've arrived mostly intact lol. The driver has picked me up from the airport and despite the now problematic knee just happy to finally have got here.

Hoping to get checked in and get some sleep. I definitely think the knee problem is only something i can address once i get back to the UK. 

I also forgot my bag with my Dutasteride, contact lenses and prescription glasses. So if the problems so far weren't enough, add to that me almost losing my only right eye contact lens. I don't know why or how it happened, but one blink wrong and it popped out. Gave me a really big scare. Found it luckily in my face mask whilst looking extremely carefully and managed to put it back in albeit making my eye water horrendously and go red. 

I literally am at the mercy of god right now lol. I hope he chooses to bestow upon me much smoother sailing than i have had getting here :D

Stay tuned guys! 

• Like 3

good luck @NARMAK!!!! My own hair transplant is in less than 3 weeks so I'm coming up right behind you.

Your very lengthy and descriptive post resonated with me - I feel like I'm focused on every single aspect of my trip, even a lot of the non-surgery aspects lol. Everything has to go perfectly! Lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Well guys, i've arrived mostly intact lol. The driver has picked me up from the airport and despite the now problematic knee just happy to finally have got here.

Hoping to get checked in and get some sleep. I definitely think the knee problem is only something i can address once i get back to the UK. 

I also forgot my bag with my Dutasteride, contact lenses and prescription glasses. So if the problems so far weren't enough, add to that me almost losing my only right eye contact lens. I don't know why or how it happened, but one blink wrong and it popped out. Gave me a really big scare. Found it luckily in my face mask whilst looking extremely carefully and managed to put it back in albeit making my eye water horrendously and go red. 

I literally am at the mercy of god right now lol. I hope he chooses to bestow upon me much smoother sailing than i have had getting here :D

Stay tuned guys! 

Lol

Like you said, you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Good luck!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Stay tuned guys! 

You can get lens solution here. We would be happy to fetch it for you. We can get you Dutasteride also. Please allow me to inform the team. Hope you have rested well. Welcome to Eugenix, India.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences

4 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You can lens solution here. We would be happy to fetch it for you. We can get you Dutasteride also. Please allow me to inform the team. Hope you have rested well. Welcome to Eugenix, India.

Thank you very much for your reply and welcome. 

I have been in contact with Satyam and he has been really great in helping me get set up so far. Look forwards to visiting the clinic soon and receiving any assistance. :)

• Like 1

DAY 1 - 18th May 2022

Okay, so it's been a pretty long day. I arrived per my last post to India just after midnight and i was checked in and settling into the hotel till around 3am local time when i turned in to sleep. I set my alarm for not long after. 

Met @mkr and had a great pow wow over breakfast about nerves and genuinely fantastic to be able to meet somebody else, who was also there for the same thing and get to exchange notes. Really loved seeing his post-op in person in the evening. Looked very clean on the donor area and implantation looked great too.

I then bid him farewell and good luck as he made his way to the clinic and was contacted by Satyam who confirmed an afternoon slot myself to attend for the pre-op checks would be set. I then received a WhatsApp to confirm it would be 4pm and i got him to confirm a driver to pick me up. 

Due to the time differences, i still felt i had a lack of sleep and decided to try nap again for a bit. Eventually woke up again and decided to try pass some time and go to the local shop to buy a few things. Once again as is customary on my trip to Eugenix, something has to go wrong somewhere :D. So it was and it turned out that my Revolut travel card hadn't activated as i thought it had in the UK when used in an ATM. I tried to use it in the shop and the contactless payment declined twice. I started to limp my way back to the hotel but then thought i'd give it one last go with a chip and pin. I guess the payment terminal just didn't like my card because it got declined again lol. So, got back to the hotel lobby to try figure out what to do because this would NOT do. Eventually told i can make a chip and pin payment or withdraw cash from an ATM. So i went to the hotel restaurant and bought a sandwich and asked to pay first and luckily it all worked out and the card activated. Very important from what i would need it for later.

4pm quickly swung around and i found myself at the clinic. I saw Dr Arika at a passing glance and then made my way to the reception after which Anil introduced himself and i had some banter about how i feel like it's a meeting with somebody you almost know having seen his appearances in prior videos on YouTube. We went upstairs towards a small room and on the way met Satyam finally in person and waited there in the room talking about my experiences of the trip and the rollercoaster i had so far. 

Eventually a lady came in to test local anaesthesia and BP. All fine. I signed some standard consent forms and then Dr Pradeep came in and he's a really jovial person and has a charismatic energy to him. It just felt really nice to finally meet him in person and we talked a bit. Dr Arika then also saw me briefly and commented how the hair looked already and not really needing anything but once i did point the temples, she nodded in agreement. Dr Das also joined us and we had a really productive and great talk about what sort of hairline design i was looking for but predominantly the temple points was my #1 goal and we really talked about the design of them and Dr Das gave me reassurances around my type of hair calibre being fine to medium which is usually ideal for recreating them. She assured me after quite a detailed talk we would draw out the hairline on the day of the op and have the opportunity to really tweak things at that stage as she was eager to absorb everything i had stated to come up with a plan. 

I thanked her for her time as i did for Dr Pradeep before he had to go off and do what he does best as he only can to repair a patient's hairline that had come to them. 

I was then asked to go to the photo area for some pre-op photos and we did a few with the hair combed back and then with a head band to really keep the hair fully back and shown properly. 

After this, i talked with Satyam a little more and he was very assuring of my feeling of being in good hands and their commitment to making each patient feel positive about the experience at Eugenix. He assured me he would send details of the time to come to the clinic. 

One thing i haven't mentioned yet was when i had initially sat with Anil and Satyam in the room, i mentioned how i had forgot my prescription glasses and contact lenses. That i was eager to get a possible replacement pair just in case anything happened as well as buy some Finasteride. This is when i meat a great guy called Rajat at the clinic who was on his way home and had agreed to help me by going with the Eugenix driver to a nearby mall to Double Tree Hilton where i was staying. I cannot emphasise how above and beyond they went for me in this moment and looked after me. Helping to translate and waiting with me whilst the staff checked for the lenses sometimes at a dawdle. Eventually we found a shop with stock of something pretty close to what i was wearing and i purchased it in case of an emergency. Rajat was also so great at helping me get to the ATM there and i withdrew some cash for places perhaps where my card wouldn't work as well. Rajat bid me well at the mall area as he was staying nearby and the Eugenix driver walked with me back to the car and dropped me off at the hotel. 

Again, i think i would like to add a huge thank you to @Eugenix Hair Sciencesfor being so accommodating when they could have told me it's my own problem but they treated me with so much respect and genuine care. I can't praise that assistance enough.

I returned to the hotel and around 7.45pm connected with @mkrwho had just finished and we met up a bit after and had a great conversation alongside a meal. Genuine pleasure to meet you Michael and can't wait to see your results over the next 12 months!

I'm going to try and turn in for the night. I have a long day of surgery ahead and once again, it's been a long day and i don't know how well i might sleep post-op sitting upright. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Day 2 - Day of Procedure

I had a confirmation that the appointment will be at 9.30am to reach the clinic. 

Woke up nice and early to get ready and went down to have breakfast. Then received a call from the driver he would be arriving soon, but slight miscommunication it seems between the clinic and driver saw him go to a different hotel. Luckily the issue was very quickly resolved with another driver showing up within 10-15 mins at most and then I was on the way to the clinic. 

I waited less than 10 minutes or so before being led upstairs and then we began the formalities of signing papers and then we went to get some pictures etc. done and finally after those i got to finally have a one to one with Dr Das drawing the hairline. She took everything i was saying the day before into account. We went a little bit back and forth on the temple points just trying to get the angle right as well as the extension of it. I think we really nailed a great point. If anything down the line needed to be refined, definitely can say Dr Das gave me the PERFECT start point. After we got through that and get to the payment part, all wrapped up i went for the dreaded shave lol. We took pictures at each stage necessary and then it was time to begin. Dr Das doing all the slits for the design and making sure i always had anaesthetic when needed. She's a consummate professional and i felt her a calming presence and reassured i was in good hands. 

The team generally worked in tandem to go about all their individual roles and i guess during the process i had also dozed off a few times which i said i hated the idea of because i snore but they were reassuring it's absolutely fine if i did and Dr Das even commented it made life easier at times when patients fully relax out in sleep. 

However, after lunch which was a great and amazing Paneer Masala with naan, some veg samosa's organised by the clinic, it was time to get back to things. Originally they started with the right side of my donor with me laying on my side. Eventually we would switch around onto my front facing down and i have to say this is probably the most uncomfortable part of the laying positions as i think the pressure from the slits built up and created some pressure on the area.

At some point, i guess it was obvious to Dr Das that maybe i had become uncomfortable and from the get go i was bleeding a bit more than normal which did require things to go a bit slower but Dr Das is genuinely an amazing professional because she made sure to check on my BP and hear rate. It had run high which meant i would ooze more and despite the break i had, the heart rate was still spiked as well as BP and because of the natural point we stopped at, Dr Das had told me beforehand that it was likely to be something she'd like to spread out over 2 days. Just to really nail things down. 

Now, here at HRN i believe we should always nail down the nitty gritty and that includes when things don't go well post-op and whatnot. The way things went were simply because of my body and i can truly say Eugenix and Dr Das have been consummate professionals in their approach. Anil kindly let me know it's not an issue and we will pick things up 9am and Dr Das just gave me a great smile and was also a very reassuring presence. Anil also let me know after i had changed back into my clothes to take some post-op pills when i get back and ate, as well as for tomorrow to take 1 before breakfast and the rest after. 

Now, they honestly are such a hospitable team and i was even asked it i would like some and i gladly agreed feeling getting some sugar into my system should help a bit too. The driver was outside waiting and unfortunately as i said, we are supposed to give the nitty gritty. That includes how when i was getting into the car, i thought i was properly in but being a bit taller and perhaps a bit off kilter from the events of just moments ago with raised BP etc. i accidentally bumped my head. Truly unfortunate and i saw some blood. I was immediately concerned as you can imagine about grafts being lost. I did my best to get to the hotel room watching my head SIGNIFICANTLY more careful getting out. I made my way to the hotel room but the card wouldn't work. Now @mkr also experienced this little issue and i had a word with Satyam about it earlier. There's a quirk in perhaps the way the booking systems work. Eugenix is listed as paying the first two nights, then those are "settled" and then you pay your nights as a guest for the remaining duration. I did that as I had to go back to the lobby and because of the prior conversation with Michael (mkr) i knew and called Satyam as well who said, it's pretty much as i stated above.

Hopefully Eugenix do find a way to improve this system. I'd perhaps prefer to see people who check in simply pay for the extra nights at that point already rather than end up in that position post-op when maybe we're not feeling 100%.

The lost graft is extremely unfortunate and i think it was a double graft too, but i won't know the extent of the damage till the doctor can see it in person. Anil also again i have to say was fantastic. He said he was going to message me his number and that's exactly what he did as soon as i'd more or less reached back to the hotel moments later. I went to see Michael @mkr and we talked and then i took a few pictures. Initially i didn't see more than some blood (pictures will be attached) on the loose cap they give you to wear but then i had a little look after i took it off and found the graft that was 100% lost. :(

I sent the pictures to Anil and he did agree and he advised to lay down and use the saline spray too and i'm hoping that helped a little perhaps where some grafts may have been hurt and suffered trauma but with an extreme amount of luck maybe not lost. I'll let the doctor see the next day. 

I am just grateful i am staying post op for some times and this again shows why imo it's so important if travelling internationally to allow yourself more time to be in the care of the clinic. 

I will once again be going in at 9am and hoping we can get the issue addressed with what happened and finish off what i think has been honestly a hairline design that ticked all the boxes of what i want. I took my time and made sure that it was realistic and with the amazing support and assistance of Dr Das had it refined and tweaked a few times. 

I know things may not have gone 100% to plan but happy to be in the care of Dr Das and the Eugenix team who are striving to help me get the desired result. 

I've attached a picture of my donor area too from post-op day 1. I was told by the doctor my donor had signs of something akin to what she saw in the past as folliculitis like things but apart from dandruff i have dealt with for a while, i wasn't familiar with much else. 

Hopefully this doesn't impact the result and i did seem assured by Dr Das it wouldn't really have a material impact. 

I think one thing i can honestly say to people based on my experience is that you can do all your research and really try to know what's to come but sometimes even with that knowledge, the physical experience is truly what matters in the moment. 

I am just getting ready for my first night sleeping upright and hoping i can sleep. 

Well, fingers crossed for tomorrow and i hope to share the pre-op and post-op pictures in full once received from Eugenix. 

On a positive note, my knee has improved quite a bit from the hobbled limping i had to a more normal walk but it's still not where i'd be happy to leave it as is and intend to get help once fully back in the UK. 

IMG_20220519_225606.jpg

IMG_20220519_225626.jpg

IMG_20220519_194315.jpg

IMG_20220519_195248.jpg

I read a story where a guy had his hair transplant from a Turkish mill and he stepped outside to enter his pickup vehicle. He bumped his head on the headliner and a bunch of grafts were stuck there. Thus he had to go back to the clinic to get more grafts transplanted. You lost just 1 graft so it's not bad.

Also, you mentioned you're height advantaged. You should be careful when you fly back home. On the aircraft where there is very limited legroom and where you're sitting, you might lean forward and bump your head against the back of the seat in front of you. That's what happened to me and I flew back about 6 days later from India. There was a little blood but I had no hair transplanted there, so I was good.

9 hours ago, Antlor said:

I read a story where a guy had his hair transplant from a Turkish mill and he stepped outside to enter his pickup vehicle. He bumped his head on the headliner and a bunch of grafts were stuck there. Thus he had to go back to the clinic to get more grafts transplanted. You lost just 1 graft so it's not bad.

Also, you mentioned you're height advantaged. You should be careful when you fly back home. On the aircraft where there is very limited legroom and where you're sitting, you might lean forward and bump your head against the back of the seat in front of you. That's what happened to me and I flew back about 6 days later from India. There was a little blood but I had no hair transplanted there, so I was good.

Yeah, luckily only one graft was found in the little safety cap so i am PRAYING that when the doctor checks a bit later today that it's okay and not lost anymore in my head. 

I think when i check in, i'm going to ask them cheekily if i can be seated away from others. I bumped my head on the overhead baggage storage when i arrived when exiting so looks like that's 100% a concern to address. 

Hey, maybe i can sit in another area where there's not a lot of people or swing a free upgrade. A guy can dream. To me it looked like the Premium Economy was all free. 

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Yeah, luckily only one graft was found in the little safety cap so i am PRAYING that when the doctor checks a bit later today that it's okay and not lost anymore in my head. 

I think when i check in, i'm going to ask them cheekily if i can be seated away from others. I bumped my head on the overhead baggage storage when i arrived when exiting so looks like that's 100% a concern to address. 

Hey, maybe i can sit in another area where there's not a lot of people or swing a free upgrade. A guy can dream. To me it looked like the Premium Economy was all free. 

Worst case, ask at the boarding gate if you can board first due to surgery so that you can take your time getting to your seat without the chaos of everyone else boarding and hauling suitcases at head height etc.... I was able to board first on request, though it ended up being a little embarrassing for me. Basically, people had started to gather near the boarding gate when they noticed the staff were preparing to let people through. Noticing that myself, I went up to the lady at the desk bit and told her I'd had surgery and wondered if I could board first to avoid any issues. She'd said she'd call me through so I stepped aside and waited around with everyone else. Next, 4 or 5 people in wheelchairs got brought up to the boarding gate areas. By now the whole plane-load of people are scrambling to get close to the boarding gate so as to get a decent queue place when the queue is called (personally I normally wait to board last as I don't see the point, but...). Anticipating that the 4 or 5 people in wheelchairs would go on first and that I'd be sometime after, I kept my eye on the boarding gate lady and waited patiently with everyone else. Then, to my surprise, the lady looks up, and flags me to come through. This was a little mortifying... Everyone is seeing this, I look nuts with both a face mask and surgical cap on and I'm now WALKING PAST the guys queuing in their wheelchairs to show my passport & boarding pass to board before them. I'd say I was sat on my seat a good 3 or 4 minutes before the first non-wheelchaired person entered the plane! Getting called through ahead of people with actual disabilities was pretty embarrassing (but also pretty funny!).

If you can't blag a premium seat at check-in, I'd suggest asking at the boarding gate as well if there's one going and just explain that you're worried about getting up and going to the loo from a normal seat due to bumping your head etc. You'll probably find them a little more amenable to your needs than the check-in clerks.

7 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Worst case, ask at the boarding gate if you can board first due to surgery so that you can take your time getting to your seat without the chaos of everyone else boarding and hauling suitcases at head height etc.... I was able to board first on request, though it ended up being a little embarrassing for me. Basically, people had started to gather near the boarding gate when they noticed the staff were preparing to let people through. Noticing that myself, I went up to the lady at the desk bit and told her I'd had surgery and wondered if I could board first to avoid any issues. She'd said she'd call me through so I stepped aside and waited around with everyone else. Next, 4 or 5 people in wheelchairs got brought up to the boarding gate areas. By now the whole plane-load of people are scrambling to get close to the boarding gate so as to get a decent queue place when the queue is called (personally I normally wait to board last as I don't see the point, but...). Anticipating that the 4 or 5 people in wheelchairs would go on first and that I'd be sometime after, I kept my eye on the boarding gate lady and waited patiently with everyone else. Then, to my surprise, the lady looks up, and flags me to come through. This was a little mortifying... Everyone is seeing this, I look nuts with both a face mask and surgical cap on and I'm now WALKING PAST the guys queuing in their wheelchairs to show my passport & boarding pass to board before them. I'd say I was sat on my seat a good 3 or 4 minutes before the first non-wheelchaired person entered the plane! Getting called through ahead of people with actual disabilities was pretty embarrassing (but also pretty funny!).

If you can't blag a premium seat at check-in, I'd suggest asking at the boarding gate as well if there's one going and just explain that you're worried about getting up and going to the loo from a normal seat due to bumping your head etc. You'll probably find them a little more amenable to your needs than the check-in clerks.

Yeah, 100% going to use this tip if i can. Boarding before others and an area where its safer would be much better

I finished my final day of surgery today and waiting on a message with pre and post op photos from Eugenix but will be looking to get them and the experiences posted up ASAP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

haha what a story, that's hilarious. I think it was right to give you priority though!

What a journey, your write up has been excellent with so much detail it's going to help a lot of people out. I am extremely impressed by Dr Das! looking forward to your pre and post op pics. Hope the bump didn't cause any damage to new grafts, did you get to ask Dr Das on whether your head looked fine afterwards?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

What a journey, your write up has been excellent with so much detail it's going to help a lot of people out. I am extremely impressed by Dr Das! looking forward to your pre and post op pics. Hope the bump didn't cause any damage to new grafts, did you get to ask Dr Das on whether your head looked fine afterwards?

Dr Das did check for me and said 1 was lost and the others were dislodged and i think placed back where they should be. 

So, i do not have the official pictures pre-op and post-op from Eugenix just yet but they have been requested and hopefully i will get them soon. I'm also going to put a mote through write up of Day 2 as we did end up splitting the procedure up. 

For now though, here's a few pictures of the temple points, the frontal hairline and also the board with the final graft count. It was 400 for the left temple, 330 for the Right Temple. The total graft count ended up being 2010 including the lost graft i believe. So the frontal hairline was restored with nearly 1280ish.

This is under the 2200 originally we thought it could be but i think Dr Das was probably impeccable in drawing it out and packing it densely enough just below where my current hairline used to be to frame the temples and hairline will. 

I kept it more shallow and flat than a deeper M shape and i kind of prefer it that way.

I also got my wish on having the temple points extend out a bit further to help narrow the forehead but not to the point it looks way too boxed. 

Well, hopefully these tide you guys over for now. 

IMG_20220520_181553.jpg

IMG_20220520_181558.jpg

IMG_20220520_181602.jpg

IMG_20220520_171243.jpg

• Like 2