Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

5 hours ago, Vann said:

i cant even find anything that was doen to you. It looks completely normal (from my pov)

How soon did you satrt working out and when did you add a hat into the mix?

Also do regular hats fir your head or do you just adjust them to snugly fit? Im not a huge fan of tight fitted clothing so im wondering how others wear the hats during workouts.

I started working out just over 3weeks post-op but going a bit easier on the weights because it had been a while and wanted to ease back into things. Call it 3.5 weeks. 

I wear a regular baseball cap but i adjusted the band at the back the loosen it a little bit. I'm heading towards more shedding as i enter month 2 and 3 which is the peak Ugly Duckling phase. Hopefully by the time after that things will be on an upward trend. 

I am just planning to grow the hair out for a long time now and wait till maybe closer to February around 9 months post-op to get a proper full on haircut done. That's the plan but could change. 

• Like 2

SMALL INTERESTING TIDBIT

So atm, i'm just over 5 weeks post op as mentioned, and i went to the barber to have my beard shaped up. Luckily he didn't have any issues doing it for me whilst i kept my baseball cap on.

Towards the end i asked him looking at the back of my head, what sort of guard/grade he thought my hair was at. He said it actually looks longer than the highest which is an 8 (1 inch) size. That surprised me a little bit but also, it seems like that maybe the castor oil i had been using here and there a few days a week might very well have been partially the reason why. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great @NARMAK

Another great HT by Dr Priyadarshini Das..👌

Love the temple points 👌

Don't stress about "Ugly Ducking Phase" ..

Month 3-5 are tough but they pass sooner than you think..

All the best for your journey..👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Eugenix Hair Sciencesuploaded this video to their YouTube channel and i'm definitely happy to be sharing my journey and experiences, but i noticed a bit of wrong information.

I've noticed that the reply to some of the comments are incorrect stating 1100 grafts. I've attached screenshots of where this information needs to be corrected and also again to help people new to the thread, the original graft breakdfown for my procedure of the 2010 grafts and how many went to my right and left temples. 

I haven't done a 2 month update yet and tbh, it's because i think it's not much different looking in my eyes just yet and i am going to wait till 3 months to probably do the first next bigger update. 

IMG_20220731_174129.png

IMG_20220731_174144.png

IMG_20220520_171243.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shaik said:

Hi

Please share if Any updates. its been more than two months now.

would like to here from you.

Thanks.

Hi Shaik, 

I will be doing one soon for a 3 months update with pictures. I don't think there's been enough of a change to warrant pictures updates. 

I will however share that it's mentally one of the hardest stages. Even though you know it's the worst phase, the mental hoops right now are all focusing in on parts where there's gaps and you might not even see the black pimple of a hair pushing through. I just hope that as i come to the end of month 3 and get into month 4, that's when i'll see a noticeable change and i will go back to a more monthly picture update. 

Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Nice bro — appreciate the honesty and can’t wait to see the 3 months. You have really great hair characteristics - I’m sure it’ll turn out great. 

I hope the end result is great too, but i definitely think this is another reminder and lesson for people researching that we're all different and that our growth can even sometimes be slower than we want. 

My native hairs grown back quite well, wouldn't say there's been much issues at all there visually as it's grown out an inch or longer. However, i do wonder if maybe the fact i deal with dandruff and dry skin around the frontal areas maybe didn't create the best environment for my hair to grow in as quickly as people perhaps with a much more normal scalp shall we say. 

3 hours ago, RTC said:

Stay firm Narmak.

I agree, this period absolutely sucks.

100% but like i said, you got to trust the process. Accept you could be a slow grower and don't compete with others. You have your own journey here and path to walk. Sometimes we're just close to others also travelling a similar road. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

2 months is usually the worst time. Stay strong and patient, it will get better. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I hope the end result is great too, but i definitely think this is another reminder and lesson for people researching that we're all different and that our growth can even sometimes be slower than we want. 

My native hairs grown back quite well, wouldn't say there's been much issues at all there visually as it's grown out an inch or longer. However, i do wonder if maybe the fact i deal with dandruff and dry skin around the frontal areas maybe didn't create the best environment for my hair to grow in as quickly as people perhaps with a much more normal scalp shall we say. 

100% but like i said, you got to trust the process. Accept you could be a slow grower and don't compete with others. You have your own journey here and path to walk. Sometimes we're just close to others also travelling a similar road. 

You will be fine my bro, there is no indication on any forum from result threads that eugenix is losing their touch so you will get a brutal result as well no doubt 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. Definitely trying to stay optimistic and not stare too much at the mirror. I am 8 or so days away from 3 months post op and hoping to fingers crossed be heading out of and away from the Ugly Duckling Phase. 

Mentally it's tough even for people i think that roughly know what to expect because it's definitely an emotional journey you take. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

The ugly duckling phase is BRUTAL! To illustrate, this is the difference between 2 months vs. 7 months. Hard to believe this is a 5 month difference. It’s hard but, these days will pass. 

82DDF11B-BC22-4E55-93F5-4B09F5FB5739.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Hang in there my friend, it's the calm before the storm😉. For me, at the 15 week mark everything changed. and it was literally a day by day change for the better. I agree wholeheartedly, Month 2 and early month 3 were the hardest.  

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks for the motivation Armen. I try not to do it often but i got curious so had a quick look in the mirror and noticed little small hairs and bumps starting to appear in the areas that shed and were looking pretty bare. So i am pretty optimistic that hopefully these will start growing and thickening up over the course of the next 3-4 months and get even better. Again, it's like everybody says, you got to trust the process and be prepared for things to be slower too if it happens. 

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The ugly duckling phase is BRUTAL! To illustrate, this is the difference between 2 months vs. 7 months. Hard to believe this is a 5 month difference. It’s hard but, these days will pass. 

82DDF11B-BC22-4E55-93F5-4B09F5FB5739.jpeg

That literally looks like a before and after full result. Never mind the fact it's only 5 months! 

Thanks for sharing Melvin. Hopefully i can give you guys a better look as i'm heading out of month 3 to months 4 and beyond when i go back to more monthly progress updates. 

• Like 1

I'll be sharing a proper update with pictures later today as it marks pretty much 3 months post-op today. However i wanted to share some observations first. 

Below i was going to attach some pictures pre-op and that's just to kind of show a comparison to where the new hairs were implanted was all fresh BUT somehow the forum is no longer allowing me to upload pictures from my phone? 

I said earlier in my thread, i didn't know how much involvement Dr Das had beyond the incisions process. The agreement was before i went to Eugenix that they would have Dr Das do crucial extraction and implantation on the hairline. I don't believe that happened and there's a pretty strong reason for it. On my frontal hairline and a couple rows back there's a bunch of doubles grouped together. It seems like the techs didn't pay enough attention despite supposedly having access to magnification to ensure no telogen hairs hiding would end up being used in such a manner. 

Now, i am not unreasonable and my expectation was that you could potentially end up with a few doubles, but by large it was minimised as a risk due to high magnification loops and most importantly attention being paid. Overall, i hope it will not impact the end result, but it's a little disappointing to see. My camera quite frankly sucks trying to take these images high quality enough by myself to show, so i will try to get somebody to help me focus it and show it. 

On the right side of the hairline and temple points, things seem to be going well enough for 3 months and by large seem to be on track. However, my left side is concerning me. In person, there's a pretty obvious disconnect between the hair and it almost seems like the native hair somehow disappeared there entirely and looks bare. My hope is that this is hopefully temporary and that over the next few months, there's hair that were merely shed there and regrow just like the right side. If they do not, i'm going to be pretty disappointed. I said before, that the hospitality of Eugenix was great and i still stand by that, but the primary reason we go there is for a hair transplant and to see them slip on some of those things is disappointing. Looking back on it, i'm fairly confident now that the techs handled the implantation of the frontal hairline and were left to their devices perhaps to my detriment on this occasion and the frontal hairline as agreed was not done by Dr Das to the extent agreed. 

I'm still hoping that despite this, i can achieve a stellar result in another 9+ months as i do think some of the shed hairs are still yet to regrow and thicken up. It looks like the hairs just generally gone thin and diffused frontal hairloss is going on, so i'm just trying to cover things with a cap still and comb it forwards to mask the hairline still. 

More to follow soon! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steady45 said:

I'm sure its just early days my man (RE the left side), good to hear the right side is going well though! Hopefully those doubles won't be too noticeable when everything starts growing out

Thanks, i really hope so too and am hoping things pop up soon in those areas over the next 3 months or so as it does look weird having such a gap in those areas. 

1 hour ago, John1991 said:

Why aren’t pictures able to be uploaded easily now?  That makes the forum useless

I do hope this is addressed soon as i was hoping to do a full proper update and i'm not signing up to an image hosting site for it. 

38 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks, i really hope so too and am hoping things pop up soon in those areas over the next 3 months or so as it does look weird having such a gap in those areas. 

I do hope this is addressed soon as i was hoping to do a full proper update and i'm not signing up to an image hosting site for it. 

One thing you might try is to send one privately then when you click “other media” you can “insert existing attachment”.