Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

9 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Well during my surgery i was perfectly aware which part is currently under implantation. That's why when i knew that they are were about start to do the temples, i called a break and went to talk with Priyadarshini Das, because i wanted to modify temples a little more :D If i didnt call for a break, they would do it with previous project, even though earlier i talked with Dr Das that i want to do some changes. So the sad part is, that you have to be active during the process if you want to have everything your way. 

In my case, techs did implantation for the hairline, i don't see  any double hairs. 

Do you still see double hairs in front hairline? Maybe that were fake doubles, if i know what i mean. 

Hi bud, really glad to hear you were a bit more active than myself and that is definitely an area i wish i had been more assertive on. 

It's definitely not fake doubles. There's definitely a few areas and the little "island" in the frontal hairline is there but its becoming a little bit less obvious and more blended looking thankfully. Although i still have a gappy looking area next to it that hasn't had hairs pop through. The hairs that have grown out are looking a little more spaced out than i thought they would so i'm hoping when i get to my month 4 update, there's still some hairs ready to pop through over the next few months till i hit my 6 months update. 

It's definitely a journey that requires patience and trying to not hyper focus on it in the mirror. Things will progress as they will. I'm taking Dutasteride still and hoping that continues to work in my favour. 

As a small booster, i had some older Minoxodil topical laying around, so i've occasionally started using that on the frontal hairline and temples to try boost the growth and thickening of the hairs that are popping through more fresh. Overall, i'll have a proper update some time next week hopefully for Month 4.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

So the sad part is, that you have to be active during the process if you want to have everything your way. 

Sad but true. 

Even when you go to an elite doctor, and even when the surgery is literally taking place, you always have to be observant and be your toes

The consult summary can be thrown out the window once surgery begins!

I honestly think the best advice is to just put a hat on and don't think about it for a few months.  Maybe you don't get the 100% perfect result you were hoping for, but almost certainly you will be better after this than you were before.  And regardless of the outcome, it's completely out of your hands.  I'm not saying you sound like you're hyper-stressing - you don't - but I've come to the realization that this is the best advice anyone can get up until around 6-7 months.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

If i can be honest im not sure what the issue is. You already have significant growth and its not even month 4 yet. 

If anything, your early growth should really boost your confidence that you will be getting a good result. 

That being said, all your worry is completely normal. Im just not sure if there is any real life issue to worry about yet. Any growth before month 4 is a blessing, and is often a sign of strong growth to come. Its not an ominous sign. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Sad but true. 

Even when you go to an elite doctor, and even when the surgery is literally taking place, you always have to be observant and be your toes

The consult summary can be thrown out the window once surgery begins!

It's actually sad that when you're already under anaesthetic and other drugs taken pre-op and in pain at times too, that you have to remain cognisant of that side too. It genuinely shouldn't be your responsibility but the clinics to be professional enough to give what was agreed. This is me just generally speaking on that aspect on well regarded clinics and doctors. 

53 minutes ago, John1991 said:

I honestly think the best advice is to just put a hat on and don't think about it for a few months.  Maybe you don't get the 100% perfect result you were hoping for, but almost certainly you will be better after this than you were before.  And regardless of the outcome, it's completely out of your hands.  I'm not saying you sound like you're hyper-stressing - you don't - but I've come to the realization that this is the best advice anyone can get up until around 6-7 months.

Honestly, i lived under a hat for the majority of the first 3 months i would say and only recently when the hair was long enough to comb over the frontal hairline did i start to not use it as much. In public, that's the way i am wearing my hair and i just do genuinely get on with things. Definitely trying to be patient and follow the process as well as trust the best outcome happens if possible. 

42 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

If i can be honest im not sure what the issue is. You already have significant growth and its not even month 4 yet. 

If anything, your early growth should really boost your confidence that you will be getting a good result. 

That being said, all your worry is completely normal. Im just not sure if there is any real life issue to worry about yet. Any growth before month 4 is a blessing, and is often a sign of strong growth to come. Its not an ominous sign. 

I think and i can probably only speak for myself on this, it's seeing your native hair regrow as normal and start reaching longer lengths, having solid density there and then the frontal hairline as well as temple points visually be more thinner and sparser looking. 

I think it's that psychological aspect of seeing that difference that also makes you wonder when if ever things might start blending in, and what if they never do? That sort of psychological doubt if you will that creeps in. Not like 24/7, but in the moments you do catch a glimpse in the mirror and whatnot. 

Now, that's just one very, very small creeping doubt that does happen to me at least and as soon as i can, i try to swipe it away and carry on with things as normal. 

The impatience i guess is definitely to perhaps influence the hair yet to regrow fully and pop through to come sooner and help thicken up the visual appearance as i head towards the 6 months mark. I'm also due to go on holiday and visit friends so i guess i just don't want to be taking pictures with it looking obvious too. 

Overall, i think things are heading in a positive direction and do not want anybody to think my expectations have gone off a cliff lol. I still know the timescales 12-18 months for full maturation and results. I'm definitely here to share with you guys the ups and downs that can and do happen on this journey. Its definitely the psychological aspects that you are least prepared for imo until you actually go through the experience. 

• Like 1

4 MONTH UPDATE

So it's been around 4 months today since my HT and here's a few photos of the front and 3/4 view of both the left and right sides. 

The lighting and slightly sub par camera on my phone sometimes make it harder and more difficult to convey how it seems to look in person, so i'll also give my observation. 

The frontal area under the dimmer lighting is making it look blended much more and its starting to match the native hair more closely. I'm hoping there's more growth to come and thickening of the hairs as well to further blend it all in. 

The temple points are starting to blend a bit better but they're the lightest part of the whole HT so far and might take longer to blend in. Overall though i'd like to say that at Month 4, there's signs to be optimistic for the next 8+ months. 

I do want to try and give a proper donor update at some point but the truth is, the hairs just been growing longer and if anything masking the area as well as can be as if nothing happened at such a longer length. So i may have to hold off until i go for a shorter haircut. 

IMG_20220921_174526.jpg

IMG_20220921_174552.jpg

IMG_20220921_174606.jpg

On 9/16/2022 at 4:50 AM, NARMAK said:

It's actually sad that when you're already under anaesthetic and other drugs taken pre-op and in pain at times too, that you have to remain cognisant of that side too. It genuinely shouldn't be your responsibility but the clinics to be professional enough to give what was agreed. This is me just generally speaking on that aspect on well regarded clinics and doctors. 

Honestly, i lived under a hat for the majority of the first 3 months i would say and only recently when the hair was long enough to comb over the frontal hairline did i start to not use it as much. In public, that's the way i am wearing my hair and i just do genuinely get on with things. Definitely trying to be patient and follow the process as well as trust the best outcome happens if possible. 

I think and i can probably only speak for myself on this, it's seeing your native hair regrow as normal and start reaching longer lengths, having solid density there and then the frontal hairline as well as temple points visually be more thinner and sparser looking. 

I think it's that psychological aspect of seeing that difference that also makes you wonder when if ever things might start blending in, and what if they never do? That sort of psychological doubt if you will that creeps in. Not like 24/7, but in the moments you do catch a glimpse in the mirror and whatnot. 

Now, that's just one very, very small creeping doubt that does happen to me at least and as soon as i can, i try to swipe it away and carry on with things as normal. 

The impatience i guess is definitely to perhaps influence the hair yet to regrow fully and pop through to come sooner and help thicken up the visual appearance as i head towards the 6 months mark. I'm also due to go on holiday and visit friends so i guess i just don't want to be taking pictures with it looking obvious too. 

Overall, i think things are heading in a positive direction and do not want anybody to think my expectations have gone off a cliff lol. I still know the timescales 12-18 months for full maturation and results. I'm definitely here to share with you guys the ups and downs that can and do happen on this journey. Its definitely the psychological aspects that you are least prepared for imo until you actually go through the experience. 

Hi Bro , any noticeable difference in growth in past 20 days ? Could you  post some pics ? Eagerly waiting to see your progress 

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

4 MONTH UPDATE

So it's been around 4 months today since my HT and here's a few photos of the front and 3/4 view of both the left and right sides. 

The lighting and slightly sub par camera on my phone sometimes make it harder and more difficult to convey how it seems to look in person, so i'll also give my observation. 

The frontal area under the dimmer lighting is making it look blended much more and its starting to match the native hair more closely. I'm hoping there's more growth to come and thickening of the hairs as well to further blend it all in. 

The temple points are starting to blend a bit better but they're the lightest part of the whole HT so far and might take longer to blend in. Overall though i'd like to say that at Month 4, there's signs to be optimistic for the next 8+ months. 

I do want to try and give a proper donor update at some point but the truth is, the hairs just been growing longer and if anything masking the area as well as can be as if nothing happened at such a longer length. So i may have to hold off until i go for a shorter haircut. 

IMG_20220921_174526.jpg

IMG_20220921_174552.jpg

IMG_20220921_174606.jpg

Looks like I just posted at the same time when you posted the latest update ..Thanks and your growth looks real good …Infact great 👍 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madhur Vansil said:

Looks like I just posted at the same time when you posted the latest update ..Thanks and your growth looks real good …Infact great 👍 

Well, i guess that was just great timing to answer your question then. 

I would definitely say that there's visible improvement from Month 3 going into Month 4. To call it dramatic wouldn't be right, but noticeable and subtle is probably the best way. Because of the way the hair grows and looking at yourself, it's sometimes harder to nail down the differences without images too but i'm hoping the hair continues to grow and sprout through over the next 3 or so months and then it's all about it getting thicker and maturing towards month 12+.

• Administrators

It’s definitely improving, looks like you’ve turned the corner 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Well, i guess that was just great timing to answer your question then. 

I would definitely say that there's visible improvement from Month 3 going into Month 4. To call it dramatic wouldn't be right, but noticeable and subtle is probably the best way. Because of the way the hair grows and looking at yourself, it's sometimes harder to nail down the differences without images too but i'm hoping the hair continues to grow and sprout through over the next 3 or so months and then it's all about it getting thicker and maturing towards month 12+.

Well the dramatic phase is going to start now .I have heard that after 4th month the aggressive growth starts and it will be real noticeable then in just span of a month .So Happing growing and cheers to clearing the most difficult and challenging phases of HT .I am just 4th day down post op from Eugenix with Dr Das and just thinking on how would I tackle going out to office and elsewhere  till these 4-5 months .Anyways did you started wearing cap after 7th day ? Is it safe or one should wait more before wearing those ?

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s definitely improving, looks like you’ve turned the corner 🙌🏼

Thanks Melvin. Definitely past the stormy Ugly Duckling phase it seems but the smooth sailing Summer Sea of growth hopefully starts now and can enjoy it over the next 8+ months. 

52 minutes ago, Madhur Vansil said:

Well the dramatic phase is going to start now .I have heard that after 4th month the aggressive growth starts and it will be real noticeable then in just span of a month .So Happing growing and cheers to clearing the most difficult and challenging phases of HT .I am just 4th day down post op from Eugenix with Dr Das and just thinking on how would I tackle going out to office and elsewhere  till these 4-5 months .Anyways did you started wearing cap after 7th day ? Is it safe or one should wait more before wearing those ?

Good luck with your healing. It definitely is a crucial period to follow post-op instructions and try to keep the delicate hair as safe as possible until they've firmly attached after a week or so before you have a careful first head wash. Definitely recommend using as much saline spray as possible post-op to keep the hair from not scabbing too much. 

I can't remember 100% how long it was but believe it was after a week i got my head wash done as that's the period it was considered safe to do so. 

Personally i don't think it was as bad for me because it was sunny and an excuse to wear during the day but also, i think i avoided being in the office due to circumstances of injury so i didn't have to face colleagues as much but now the hair is longer and i can just comb it forward. 

9 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks Melvin. Definitely past the stormy Ugly Duckling phase it seems but the smooth sailing Summer Sea of growth hopefully starts now and can enjoy it over the next 8+ months. 

Good luck with your healing. It definitely is a crucial period to follow post-op instructions and try to keep the delicate hair as safe as possible until they've firmly attached after a week or so before you have a careful first head wash. Definitely recommend using as much saline spray as possible post-op to keep the hair from not scabbing too much. 

I can't remember 100% how long it was but believe it was after a week i got my head wash done as that's the period it was considered safe to do so. 

Personally i don't think it was as bad for me because it was sunny and an excuse to wear during the day but also, i think i avoided being in the office due to circumstances of injury so i didn't have to face colleagues as much but now the hair is longer and i can just comb it forward. 

I was being extra cautious so decided to stay close to clinic and get my first head wash at clinic and then go back home .I am using saline spray every 30 mins .

Will be posting my journey soon once I am at home with all details .

• Like 1

Nice its really framing your face shape. Im guessing your beard is still as long as your pre/post op pictures so itll take shape nicely when it thickens out.

How do the native hairs feel as time passes? Is it noticeable much on how it feels?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

8 hours ago, Madhur Vansil said:

I had my procedure finished on Saturday; I left India on Monday and wore my hat all the way home over the head fabric they give; I showed one of the advisors how I was to wear it and it was completely fine. It’s a high crown trucker cap and I opened it up a little looser; as long as it’s not touching the implantation/recipient area, it’s completely fine to start wearing a hat just a few days after. Just be very careful putting it on and off. 

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:Definitely recommend using as much saline spray as possible post-op to keep the hair from not scabbing too much. 

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Definitely recommend using as much saline spray as possible post-op to keep the hair from not scabbing too much. 

Do you think there would be any problem if the scabbing starts happening pretty quickly? I finished my procedure on Saturday and during most of Monday and Tuesday I was traveling home and I admit I neglected the saline spray for several hours multiple times as I was on the go and on the plane. I’m 5 days post op now and I feel like the whole area is scabbing up pretty good but is there danger in that happening too quickly or not?

6 hours ago, MazAB said:

Nice steady growth Kamran! Next 2 months will be the big ones for you.😉

I can only hope for such a thing. I'm trying to be optimistic but in as measured a way as possible so as to not make unrealistic expectations for 6 months lol

1 hour ago, Boomerang said:

Coming through nicely. 6-7 months mark will be amazing for you since yours is only hairline/temples. 
you will be a very happy man

Even though it was just the hairline and temples, i still think this whole thing even as a first HT just really hammers home the necessity of patience. Everybody would love to fast forward the growth till the 12 month mark, but the growing of new hair, thickening and refinement in texture is all something you need to wait for slowly. I am also hoping new hairs pop through soon and help fill in the areas where they're lagging a bit with coverage. 

1 hour ago, Vann said:

Nice its really framing your face shape. Im guessing your beard is still as long as your pre/post op pictures so itll take shape nicely when it thickens out.

How do the native hairs feel as time passes? Is it noticeable much on how it feels?

I'm actually keeping it a touch shorter i feel but that's only because before i left, i didn't manage to go to my usual barber when i went for the HT. That said, the native hairs seem to have regrow generally well and i can tell where the recipient areas were atm. So i'm hoping as more hair grow abd the existing hair thickens, it will begin to blend much more. 

It's kinda odd, in some ways it does feel like a solid aesthetic impact yet on the other hand, it seems so subtle too once the hairs grown out. So i'm hoping that further helps with the naturalness of it all when it eventually looks like the surrounding hair. 

25 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Do you think there would be any problem if the scabbing starts happening pretty quickly? I finished my procedure on Saturday and during most of Monday and Tuesday I was traveling home and I admit I neglected the saline spray for several hours multiple times as I was on the go and on the plane. I’m 5 days post op now and I feel like the whole area is scabbing up pretty good but is there danger in that happening too quickly or not?

Personally speaking, my scalp and as a result scabs got dried pretty quickly so if i could have had a re-do on that part, spraying them more often with saline would have been my go to. That said, i don't think it affected my end result and it took me 2-3 days in total to wash out the scabs. That's the key, you don't need to try grab everything off the head in one wash. Just be gentle, take your time and let the scabs fall off as gently as you can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RTC said:

You're going to have hair like Kahl Drogo when this is done bro.

Sidenote: anybody find it weird how Eugenix alumni all call each other by their first names like the support groups in Fight Club 🤭

Can't say i know all the Eugenix alumni lol, but i do know Armen (MazAB) because he really spent a lot of time and helped me out with information beforehand and as have people like John (Bandit90) who i got to visit in person which was great as well from an extra layer of reassurance. 

I think the other main reason is because the guys like Karl (Zoomster) and Adrian (Gatsby) are quite prominent and active on the forum and there's a sense of familiarity there through their widely known journeys via YouTube as well as the forum. 

I also think it's more personalised when addressing somebody using the first name and probably easier to type than sometimes what we might have chosen online as a username lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corbyn said:

@NARMAKI'm curious. Were you born and bred in UK or did you migrate from India at an early age? What about you @PsSAU? were u born and bred in Australia or did you migrate from India at an early age?

I was born in and bred in india. Moved to sydney around 7 years back