Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

• Administrators

You can add images now, this issue has been sorted.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can add images now, this issue has been sorted.

Melvin, on my reply where i would usually attach picture from "Other Media" it only says "Insert Existing Attachment" or "Insert Image from URL" still. Nothing in terms of directly uploading from my phone or device. Is there a different thing i need to select? 

• Administrators

Ok this is frustrating, try again now. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Ok this is frustrating, try again now. 

Unfortunately the same options are still showing, nothing still to upload from my phone as an attachment like before. I can imagine you've been hounded to no end over this so thanks for replying quickly. It's no biggie if it can't ve quickly sorted but i'm sure forum wide it would be appreciated as a fix as soon as it does happen. 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Unfortunately the same options are still showing, nothing still to upload from my phone as an attachment like before. I can imagine you've been hounded to no end over this so thanks for replying quickly. It's no biggie if it can't ve quickly sorted but i'm sure forum wide it would be appreciated as a fix as soon as it does happen. 

I have no idea why this keeps reverting back. Try again.

View my thread

• Administrators

@NARMAK It should work now 

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 11.25.50 AM.png

View my thread

On 8/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, NARMAK said:

I said earlier in my thread, i didn't know how much involvement Dr Das had beyond the incisions process. The agreement was before i went to Eugenix that they would have Dr Das do crucial extraction and implantation on the hairline. I don't believe that happened and there's a pretty strong reason for it. On my frontal hairline and a couple rows back there's a bunch of doubles grouped together. It seems like the techs didn't pay enough attention despite supposedly having access to magnification to ensure no telogen hairs hiding would end up being used in such a manner. 

Just to make sure what you meant... double grafts in the frontal hairline and not near the temples? 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:30 AM, NARMAK said:

the primary reason we go there is for a hair transplant

This 100%. Sorry to hear about some of the findings in your current progress. I think despite the small discrepancies youll have a good turnout overall. You are you own biggest critic afterall so its always going to be something you find at fault. Nonetheless, I think youll have a strong turn out given your hair density and hair quality (which could potentially play out to the [hopefully] temporary shock loss).

Happy growing man.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 8/12/2022 at 10:03 AM, NARMAK said:

Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. Definitely trying to stay optimistic and not stare too much at the mirror. I am 8 or so days away from 3 months post op and hoping to fingers crossed be heading out of and away from the Ugly Duckling Phase. 

Mentally it's tough even for people i think that roughly know what to expect because it's definitely an emotional journey you take. 

I'm in the same place currently man, this period sucks

1 hour ago, Vann said:

Just to make sure what you meant... double grafts in the frontal hairline and not near the temples? 

This 100%. Sorry to hear about some of the findings in your current progress. I think despite the small discrepancies youll have a good turnout overall. You are you own biggest critic afterall so its always going to be something you find at fault. Nonetheless, I think youll have a strong turn out given your hair density and hair quality (which could potentially play out to the [hopefully] temporary shock loss).

Happy growing man.

It's so far a bunch of doubles near the frontal hairline. There's a few dotted here and there which i always kind of expected as a "tolerance" sort of thing but these doubles are quite close together near each other. I'll try to capture a picture of them but it's been difficult to sometimes show the in person stuff i see as easily on the phone camera due to focus levels etc. 

Temples have been a little harder to notice as much of an issue with per se but i will try to at some point. I do think though the angles on both sides are exactly as they should be in terms of being really flat against the skin and in the right intended directions. 

1 hour ago, RTC said:

Keep the faith narmak. I'm sure things will pick up. Like @Vannsaid, you have favourable hair characteristics. Dark thoughts during this period are normal. Even if there are a couple of doubles I'm sure it'll be an annoyance rather than a total failure

Yeah, i'm tbh trying to be optimistic and focus on the positives to come. It's just that i didn't expect those doubles to be so close together and i'm hoping once everything does grow in, it won't look as pluggy to me but it definitely was a lapse on the part of the clinic and the techs. 

1 hour ago, RTC said:

I'm in the same place currently man, this period sucks

Yep, 100%. I am looking to hopefully just see how things progress from Months 4 onwards. 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I have no idea why this keeps reverting back. Try again.

Hey Melvin, thanks a lot for doing whatever it is you did. The button to add photos from my phone is now showing. I'm hoping to add them very soon!

• Like 1

• Administrators

As for gaps, in this screenshot at 2 months you can see big gaps, my hairline looked awful. @Ryan Danieleven commented about it. 

6356B3DD-44F6-44FA-B7D3-A57C4BE0F3CA.jpeg

I post this to say, you’re not alone my friend, this journey is a roller coaster with ups, downs, turns. How your hairline looks now, is no reflection of how it will look in a few months.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

As for gaps, in this screenshot at 2 months you can see big gaps, my hairline looked awful. @Ryan Danieleven commented about it. 

6356B3DD-44F6-44FA-B7D3-A57C4BE0F3CA.jpeg

I post this to say, you’re not alone my friend, this journey is a roller coaster with ups, downs, turns. How your hairline looks now, is no reflection of how it will look in a few months.

Yeah, i'm definitely trying to stay optimistic. I had a picture from when i did my first headwash and when the majority of the hair hadn't shed just yet, so hoping i can return to that soon even if i have to wait for the hairs to mature and thicken closer to the 12 month mark. It's definitely a journey and i am 100% not hitting any panic alarms at 3 months. I am hoping to see results like John (Bandit90) where the 4th and 5th months showed marked improvements. 

I think it's definitely good to know that this is a normal part of the process where sometimes psychologically you would be left wondering are those hairs even growing back?! Because that's the mental fight people who probably aren't fully educated on HTs wrestle with and then on top even people that are kind of educated on what to expect. 

IMG_20220822_234114.jpg

2 hours ago, Steady45 said:

Hey man, any progress shots from 3 months?

Hi Steady, and everybody else that's been waiting for an update, apologies for the delay. I was slammed with work and personal stuff. 

So, without further ado:

3ish Months Update

The photos below are the closest i could find to the 20th August 3 months date. I'm going to actually post another post with pictures from today, almost 10 days difference which usually wouldn't seem like enough, but i can see a difference and also, the right side 3/4 is a bit blurry. 

IMG_20220830_170939.jpg

IMG_20220820_130134.jpg

IMG_20220820_130153.jpg

3ish Month Update Part 2

This is just 10 days after, and slightly better look at the right side which isn't as blurry and also, i can't 100% get the lighting the same but the difference in looks seems to be visible

IMG_20220830_171003.jpg

IMG_20220830_171022.jpg

IMG_20220830_171111.jpg

Those small hairs look kind of thick. Your hair quality is good man I think you’re slowly but surely getting there. How is it compared to your native hair. Of course pictures can’t fully capture how it is but where do you see yourself? 

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 hour ago, GaryStruthers said:

Nice! I’d feel pretty confident if I were you. Happy growing!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am trying to not focus on the mirror too much for now and becoming obsessed. 

1 hour ago, Vann said:

Those small hairs look kind of thick. Your hair quality is good man I think you’re slowly but surely getting there. How is it compared to your native hair. Of course pictures can’t fully capture how it is but where do you see yourself? 

In terms of the transition, on camera it's weird because i don't think it looks as close viewing in person and to me at least, it's more noticeable where the hairs from the HT are presently. The hairs that are thicker, still i think are maybe 2/3rds of the native hair. 

I definitely think in terms of current progress, i feel like i'm at 30% of the way there after about 3 months. I have seen people get past the ugly duckling phase and things accelerating towards better stages to the 6 month mark. I am probably going to look into using Minoxodil just on the frontal HT areas because whilst the hair has gotten longer on the temple points at the very front, it's masking the middle parts which haven't properly kicked off their growth yet. 

11 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Give it two months and you won't believe how much you've gained. This is the sprouting time around the 3.5 month mark! It all looks very good for you😉

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks Armen, i'm 100% looking to just sit back and let things mostly happen after seeing loads of other people especially Bandit90 (John) flourish after the 4th and 5th months mark. I am even going out more without the cap on in normal errands with the hair combed down, so it looks more normal enough. 

I definitely think the early months are the toughest but once you are getting past that ugly duckling stage, more positive signs are showing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John1991 said:

Pretty good for 3 months I'd say.

Thanks. I guess we're our own worst critics and i always knew that the 2nd and 3rd months are the toughest but going through it i think on this journey hits you differently because of the emotions involved. Definitely trying my best though to temper that as much as i can. 

9 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@NARMAK you are right on point and only just creeping out of the ugly duckling phase. As @MazAB stated give it a couple of more months. Patience little grasshopper! 🙏

Yep, 100% trying to keep patience. Treating it like a marathon, not a sprint and hopefully over the next 9 months, things should be exactly where i hope. 

• Administrators

Nothing to worry about at 3 months 🙌🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 2:30 PM, NARMAK said:

The agreement was before i went to Eugenix that they would have Dr Das do crucial extraction and implantation on the hairline.

Well during my surgery i was perfectly aware which part is currently under implantation. That's why when i knew that they  were about to start doing the temples, i called a break and went to talk with Priyadarshini Das, because i wanted to modify temples a little more :D If i didnt call for a break, they would do it with previous project, even though earlier i talked with Dr Das that i want to do some changes. So the sad part is, that you have to be active during the process if you want to have everything your way. 

In my case, techs did implantation for the hairline, i don't see  any double hairs. 

Do you still see double hairs in front hairline? Maybe that were fake doubles, if you know what i mean. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood