Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

4 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

If you take finasteride then your baldness will be prevented from progressing.

I have read this before from you. However the truth is that Finansteride will often not stop but only slow down progression in the long term. 

Edited by Mike10
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Hello once again guys. So, just a little bit of an update to recap the days events 

Alas, my time in India is up and i am at the airport as i type this waiting for my early morning flight. I made sure to allow plenty of time to get through check in, airport security and allow myself to request to board earlier per the great tip from @Berba11

I was messaged by @vancanwho had just arrived to the hotel early in the morning and we were planning to meet at the breakfast dining area. We had a funny mistaken identity when the actual person sat alone at the table number was somebody completely different :D

It turned out he had already been able to eat breakfast whilst i carefully navigated getting showered and trying not to wash away all the grafts. We then managed to sit down and had a great little chat and once again always a pleasure to have met another person undergoing this journey. I bid Sai (Vancan) farewell as he was due to actually undergo his procedure that very morning. I returned to my room and took my morning medications and because i made the error of staying awake too late and not getting enough sleep, i thought i'd also make the mistake of having coffee at breakfast :D so unlike the original plan to nap again, i kind of just decided to watch some TV and pass the time whilst i arranged to go to the clinic for my final donor wash. 

I arrived at the clinic and once again met with Satyam, Rajat, Gaurav, Dr Das who was (rightly) disappointed i had been a little lazy with my forehead massaging (Which also in fareness the pre-op team technically didn't message until listed as Day 3 post-op) and also had a great chat with Dr Somesh(sic?) who's awesome and he also helped write me a new prescription as i decided to take some additional Finasteride back with me to the UK. 

I also had a very nice sit down with Dr Arika who so kindly looked over my hair transplant too and felt very reassured by her words that everything looks good and with my situation going into the transplant appeared favourable. Ever the professional we talked about hair transplants in general and her expertise shines through to discuss what makes a transplant favourable and the realistic limitations of the various type of hair calibres on the final outcomes depending on where things are transplanted. I also felt quite reassured again when i did mention my hair being a more medium calibre and she was receptive that it's usually a hair calibre which does well to balance coverage and i also joked with her about you guys saying i look like i've got another scalps worth of donor just on the beard lol. 

She's a very busy person and i truly appreciated her taking time to sit with me and talk. I can honestly say the people i've had the pleasure of interacting with @Eugenix Hair Scienceshave made this trip absolutely smooth and even if i wasn't able to name all the people who had helped me, they're all a great bunch always helping you in any way they can. I don't usually feel like the hair transplant journey would make you feel a sense of kinship, but that's genuinely how it did feel with all the great interactions i've had in my short time here. I always wanted to visit India as a tourist and i would most certainly love to stop by and see the people of Eugenix again who were so great to talk to. 

As i now sit in the airport lounge, i'm firmly focused on how to navigate the privacy aspects of being able to apply the Saline Spray regularly during the flight and more importantly imo avoiding all the potential hazards. The check in desk said i can request to board earlier but they stated the flight was full and couldn't place me anywhere alone. 

As a final note for this post. My leg as some of you will recall met with an almost catastrophic start to this entire journey and whilst in my final days here i have seen much improvement and positive signs, having walked and stood up in the airport queues, it's obvious it will need attention when i return to the UK and is hopefully going to hold up fine as i'll mostly be sitting during the flight and minimal movement until i get to the UK airport. 

This opening chapter of my journey in India may be closing but the larger journey and exciting times are still ahead. 

Once again, thanks to all the people like @mkr and @vancanfor reaching out and making it a great experience to meet fellow members whilst here. 

A special shout out to @Bandit90 and also to @MazABfor their constant support and motivation whilst here in India. Also @drawdownfxhas been great as we've been in touch a lot and also to all you other great members who have been nothing but supportive and complimentary of the work so far which i cannot really take credit for, but is the great effort of Dr Das and all the technicians who have helped bring me this far. 

Once i return to the UK, Dr Pradeep is in London and i have been kindly asked to come see him and he's such a great guy, i couldn't refuse such an offer. So hopefully i will have another exciting update in the UK. 

Who did the operation? Was it Dr Arika?

4 hours ago, Mike10 said:

Who did the operation? Was it Dr Arika?

No, it was Dr Priyadarshani Das who did it. I was simply mentioning Dr Arika also kindly looked over the work whilst i was there to see how i was healing and she mentioned about making sure to spray saline more often. I believe my scalp is a bit more dry and that's why it had the more "crack" like fissures appear sooner. I have definitely tried to spray more but it's definitely a thirsty scalp lol

• NARMAK changed the title to Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshani Das
  • Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

No, it was Dr Priyadarshani Das who did it. I was simply mentioning Dr Arika also kindly looked over the work whilst i was there to see how i was healing and she mentioned about making sure to spray saline more often. I believe my scalp is a bit more dry and that's why it had the more "crack" like fissures appear sooner. I have definitely tried to spray more but it's definitely a thirsty scalp lol

Don’t be shy with the saline. I did mine like clockwork every two hours. If I so happened to wake up in the night for wee, I’d give it a good once over over then, too!

All scabs come off on the first head wash, and I think that was largely due to the liberal amounts of saline + the regularity. 

Glad everything went well. The works looks fantastic!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Don’t be shy with the saline. I did mine like clockwork every two hours. If I so happened to wake up in the night for wee, I’d give it a good once over over then, too!

All scabs come off on the first head wash, and I think that was largely due to the liberal amounts of saline + the regularity. 

Glad everything went well. The works looks fantastic!

Hi @Berba11 In regard to the saline vigilance - where did you decide to sit on the plane ride home? Were your 2 hour sprays only ever in the plane bathroom? I’m thinking of taking the outside seat right by the toilet for this reason…..unless I’m completely over thinking that. (I’ll be flying back to New York)

Edited by GaryStruthers

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, GaryStruthers said:

Hi @Berba11 In regard to the saline vigilance - where did you decide to sit on the plane ride home? Were your 2 hour sprays only ever in the plane bathroom? I’m thinking of taking the outside seat right by the toilet for this reason…..unless I’m completely over thinking that. (I’ll be flying back to New York)

Good question!

So access to the bathroom is aided by an aisle seat but that runs the risk of the overhead shenanigans… So I went for a window seat. That makes the bathroom access trickier… Bit of a trade off. I sprayed twice on the plane; one under the cover of darkness when everyone was asleep, and once in the bathroom. I’d made my peace with not being able to be as diligent on the flight with the spraying. I’d not worry about it too much. Inevitably there will come times where you can’t do it bang on every two hours, and that’s fine. Once I was back in my car at Heathrow, I made sure to give it an extra good plastering before setting off home again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Hello once again guys. So, just a little bit of an update to recap the days events 

Alas, my time in India is up and i am at the airport as i type this waiting for my early morning flight. I made sure to allow plenty of time to get through check in, airport security and allow myself to request to board earlier per the great tip from @Berba11

I was messaged by @vancanwho had just arrived to the hotel early in the morning and we were planning to meet at the breakfast dining area. We had a funny mistaken identity when the actual person sat alone at the table number was somebody completely different :D

It turned out he had already been able to eat breakfast whilst i carefully navigated getting showered and trying not to wash away all the grafts. We then managed to sit down and had a great little chat and once again always a pleasure to have met another person undergoing this journey. I bid Sai (Vancan) farewell as he was due to actually undergo his procedure that very morning. I returned to my room and took my morning medications and because i made the error of staying awake too late and not getting enough sleep, i thought i'd also make the mistake of having coffee at breakfast :D so unlike the original plan to nap again, i kind of just decided to watch some TV and pass the time whilst i arranged to go to the clinic for my final donor wash. 

I arrived at the clinic and once again met with Satyam, Rajat, Gaurav, Dr Das who was (rightly) disappointed i had been a little lazy with my forehead massaging (Which also in fareness the pre-op team technically didn't message until listed as Day 3 post-op) and also had a great chat with Dr Somesh(sic?) who's awesome and he also helped write me a new prescription as i decided to take some additional Finasteride back with me to the UK. 

I also had a very nice sit down with Dr Arika who so kindly looked over my hair transplant too and felt very reassured by her words that everything looks good and with my situation going into the transplant appeared favourable. Ever the professional we talked about hair transplants in general and her expertise shines through to discuss what makes a transplant favourable and the realistic limitations of the various type of hair calibres on the final outcomes depending on where things are transplanted. I also felt quite reassured again when i did mention my hair being a more medium calibre and she was receptive that it's usually a hair calibre which does well to balance coverage and i also joked with her about you guys saying i look like i've got another scalps worth of donor just on the beard lol. 

She's a very busy person and i truly appreciated her taking time to sit with me and talk. I can honestly say the people i've had the pleasure of interacting with @Eugenix Hair Scienceshave made this trip absolutely smooth and even if i wasn't able to name all the people who had helped me, they're all a great bunch always helping you in any way they can. I don't usually feel like the hair transplant journey would make you feel a sense of kinship, but that's genuinely how it did feel with all the great interactions i've had in my short time here. I always wanted to visit India as a tourist and i would most certainly love to stop by and see the people of Eugenix again who were so great to talk to. 

As i now sit in the airport lounge, i'm firmly focused on how to navigate the privacy aspects of being able to apply the Saline Spray regularly during the flight and more importantly imo avoiding all the potential hazards. The check in desk said i can request to board earlier but they stated the flight was full and couldn't place me anywhere alone. 

As a final note for this post. My leg as some of you will recall met with an almost catastrophic start to this entire journey and whilst in my final days here i have seen much improvement and positive signs, having walked and stood up in the airport queues, it's obvious it will need attention when i return to the UK and is hopefully going to hold up fine as i'll mostly be sitting during the flight and minimal movement until i get to the UK airport. 

This opening chapter of my journey in India may be closing but the larger journey and exciting times are still ahead. 

Once again, thanks to all the people like @mkr and @vancanfor reaching out and making it a great experience to meet fellow members whilst here. 

A special shout out to @Bandit90 and also to @MazABfor their constant support and motivation whilst here in India. Also @drawdownfxhas been great as we've been in touch a lot and also to all you other great members who have been nothing but supportive and complimentary of the work so far which i cannot really take credit for, but is the great effort of Dr Das and all the technicians who have helped bring me this far. 

Once i return to the UK, Dr Pradeep is in London and i have been kindly asked to come see him and he's such a great guy, i couldn't refuse such an offer. So hopefully i will have another exciting update in the UK. 

Thanks for the shout out bro, wishing you nothing but the best. Let us know how your meeting goes with Dr Pradeep too! Hope you have safe flight home.

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Great to hear everything went well Kamran and to plan (well minus the knee injury!).  You certainly got the Eugenix experience for sure. Safe travels back home and can't wait to follow the journey and see those temples grow. 

• Like 1

Day 3 - Post-Op and back in the UK

Okay, so technically the first day of the procedure began on the 19th but i am measuring the time from when everything was done on the 20th May. 

I finally landed back in the UK around just before 8am local time. The plane journey itself was rough with plenty of turbulence and i was very tired. Usually when in India i would use my hoody to almost strait jacket my hands to prevent touching etc. but because of me being upright and whatnot in the plane and quite tired, its hard to really know whether perhaps anything happened whilst nodded off. 

The truth was, i was placed in an aisle seat which due to my leg situation and being able to stretch it out a bit, was good but the plane was really full and even though i managed to board before the majority, the dread of being hit with an elbow, bag etc. in the head was ever present. 

I did wait when i got to the UK to have the majority of the plane empty so i could carefully navigate out towards passport control and arrivals. Got picked up by a family member and once again trying to be very careful of the head. Just going to eat, take some of the medications and freshen up. 

Hoping to arrange a meeting with Dr Pradeep whilst i'm staying the extra day in London. I will also share some pictures of how things are looking but i think because i generally have a more dry scalp, it's definitely causing things to look a certain way more than perhaps others might experience. Donor and recipient area have been itching more but i'm not going to say its unbearable and i do think i've tried to be as good as i can about not scratching. 

Hope to update you on more soon! 

Day 3 - Post-Op Pictures

Just had my brother take some pictures earlier in natural light for me. It's overcast a bit and grey here in the UK but hopefully gives you all an idea of how things are looking. 

Personally i have tried to spray saline spray as much as possible. Literally plowing through it imo but i have a feeling my scalp is a bit of a desert and just soaks it all up and goes a touch dry. I'm probably going to try drink a significant amount more water to see if this helps. 

I've attached donor and recipient images :)

IMG-20220523-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0029.jpg

IMG_20220523_151739.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0034.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Congratulations Karman! What an epic journey and write up that will ultimately end with a fantastic looking result! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following your updates! 🙏

Thanks a lot for the kind words Adrian. 

It's funny but i always end up seeing one letter get spelt wrong here or there whether it's NARMAK or Kamran being written :D

I certainly hope it will be a fantastic result and hoping to update this thread regularly up until the first headwash or so and then i'm going to switch to a more monthly form of picture updates. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your donor look immaculate wow

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your donor look immaculate wow

Yeah, it seems to be in generally really good shape so far on the donor area. My brothers camera actually seemed to exaggerate things a bit more it seemed because he even said unless he looked really close, it was very difficult to spot. 

The right side does have more extractions that side near the nape and ear as well as scabbed more too. Hopefully this will be clearing up soon too as i continue with the donor washes with the help of family and applying the cream they gave.

The hair colour to contrast also thankfully appears to be working in my favour. Dr Das did comment a few things:

1 that my hair follicles were a little longer just around 5mm or over because apparently this is more common in taller people and that 2, the punch she had used to try and ensure they got the grafts without many issues was 0.9. 

With me having a larger (proportional hopefully lol) head, i think it all worked out there. Fingers crossed it will all continue to improve. 

Everything looks very good to my eye, except I can't accurately assess how dense a temple area is supposed to be.  It really does seem like not being fair and white helps with healing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John1991 said:

Everything looks very good to my eye, except I can't accurately assess how dense a temple area is supposed to be.  It really does seem like not being fair and white helps with healing. 

One thing i can say is that it seems until everything is grown out till around 12 months, it's always difficult to see how it will shake out imo but Eugenix state that they try not to pack too densely to avoid grafts competing for blood and thus not surviving. They always focus on survival rate and also as such, we know hair transplants aren't a perfect science or usually "One and Done" so just going to hopefully try my best to see how it all comes along.

I think a low contrast ratio of hair colour to scalp is the main thing regardless of race and then a little bit of luck for the rest 

Really looking forwards to see your results too John. I think your results going to be killer. 

18 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Day 3 - Post-Op Pictures

Just had my brother take some pictures earlier in natural light for me. It's overcast a bit and grey here in the UK but hopefully gives you all an idea of how things are looking. 

Personally i have tried to spray saline spray as much as possible. Literally plowing through it imo but i have a feeling my scalp is a bit of a desert and just soaks it all up and goes a touch dry. I'm probably going to try drink a significant amount more water to see if this helps. 

I've attached donor and recipient images :)

IMG-20220523-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0029.jpg

IMG_20220523_151739.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20220523-WA0034.jpg

Thank you for your detailed updates.

10 hours ago, NARMAK said:

One thing i can say is that it seems until everything is grown out till around 12 months, it's always difficult to see how it will shake out imo

After 3 weeks from HT at Eugenix, i can say a lot. For example i see that density on my temples is good. Angles of  temple hair are correct too. 

27 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

After 3 weeks from HT at Eugenix, i can say a lot. For example i see that density on my temples is good. Angles of  temple hair are correct too. 

Really happy to hear that. Sounds really positive and hopefully at 12 months, you will have an awesome result ;)

• Thanks 1

Great post and sorry to hear of the difficult start, I can imagine how frustrating that must have been!

Donor is looking great. Fingers crossed the turbulent start is behind you, the knee gets better and you can try to enjoy some serious growth! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairlinedreamer said:

Great post and sorry to hear of the difficult start, I can imagine how frustrating that must have been!

Donor is looking great. Fingers crossed the turbulent start is behind you, the knee gets better and you can try to enjoy some serious growth! 

Thank you and yes, it was a difficult start to the journey and i can only hope it will be onwards and upwards from that point till 12+ months. 

I'm just counting down the days till i can do the first headwash and try to remove all the scabs. I will try to get a before and after picture up when possible. 

I have a family wedding at the end of the week after the first headwash so i am going to try and see about finding a loose baseball cap to wear. If the scabs came off and there's a good amount of hair there, i'm curious whether i should even bother trying hair fibres because they're going to need to be washed out and also creates an issue of putting on chemicals etc. near very newly planted hair even if it covers things short term. 

This is a close family wedding so photos are almost certain to be taken but i'm going to try wear a baseball cap ot similar and zip out of any group photos citing "not feeling well" i think lol. 

I think there's certainly compromises we end up having to deal with in these early stages but it's going to 100% be worth it imo at the end. I'm fully hoping to make the most of an all around healthy upgrade to my lifestyle too and run both the progress side by side. Should help keep me motivated. As if @MazABalready hasn't with how amazing he's looking! ;)

On 5/23/2022 at 5:32 PM, NARMAK said:

It's funny but i always end up seeing one letter get spelt wrong here or there whether it's NARMAK or Kamran being written :D

BTW, name of doctor in this thread is spelled wrong too, it's Dr Priyadarshini Das 😅

I noticed when i didn't see this topic in results when used search option and typed "Priyadarshini"

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

BTW, name of doctor in this thread is spelled wrong too, it's Dr Priyadarshini Das 😅

I noticed when i didn't see this topic in results when used search option and typed "Priyadarshini"

😱

Welp, taste of my own medicine it seems. Time to immediately to rectify that first name mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Yeah, i was debating whether to just go with Dr Das but i wanted to use her full name so that's a little embarrassing and unfortunate 😬

• NARMAK changed the title to Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das
1 hour ago, Boomerang said:

Good luck NARMAK!

look forward to following your journey. Keep us updated

Thank you. 100% hoping to make sure i keep a good set of updates. 

Day 4 

Talking of which, yesterday was Day 4 fully post-op by my count and it was just a case of trying to rest up, using saline spray when i can up to and before 2hrs in some cases. 

The recipient areas gone very dry and scabby and lots of itchiness now compared to before. I think the right side of the donor area where more hair was taken was itching a bit more but spraying it with saline spray too helped calm it a bit. 

Tonight was also my first day fully being back home and its been tough with trying to find a solid sleeping position but i am trying to stay as upright as possible and boxing myself in to avoid ending up on my sides. I am told that you can sleep more normally starting day 7 post-op but i do also feel cautious of doing this because of the fact that i feel i could still do more harm than good. 

• Like 1