Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

On 5/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Curious why you didn't do a full-shave? 

Hi bud, i know this is really after the fact and i apologise i didn't see when you originally posted this question. The reason it wasn't fully shaved at the time was because they didn't take all the hair off in one go. Apparently its common for them to "separate" the donor and non-donor areas i think and then after that on the 2nd day they did the full shave for me all the way around for the rest of the hair when it was complete to give me the uniform look. 

Right now, the frontal area and temporal areas are much lighter in volume and not grown as much as my native hair, so there's definitely a visible mismatch, but hopefully at some point i can grow it out enough to style over the area or i might try to even it out. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so just wanted to drop a quick update with a few pictures. 

4 WEEKS POST-OP

I have started working out again this week at the gym with weights just over maybe 3.5 weeks post-op and i have been wearing a baseball style cap whenever i go out. One to keep the sun off and away from me and another to basically hide how it's looking. 

My native hairs growing back well enough, sorry that i couldn't grab some donor area pictures just yet but will do soon. 

I feel like slowly more and more hair are coming away. It started initially with the first head wash and since then i have a feeling hundreds of hair have slowly shed away and quite a few from the temple areas too which didn't admittedly appear as dense as the hairline did. 

I'm hoping that they will regrow soon enough but i'm heading slowly and surely towards that "Ugly Duckling" phase from Months 2 and 3. 

I am hoping to grow out the native hair maybe long enough at some point to have a fringe that i just style downwards over the new frontal hairline but i'm not sure how it will work with the temple points. I'm basically fine with living under a hat as long as possible when i go out. 

Regarding the lighting, i feel like it's definitely different seeing it in person vs on camera and you can even tell the difference in the right and left temple pictures. Just due to lighting, the left temple looks a lot more bare yet the right temple looks significantly fuller. However in person, the opposite feels true. 

IMG_20220616_221045.jpg

IMG_20220616_221314.jpg

IMG_20220616_221417.jpg

• Like 7

Looks like very good healing for 4 weeks.  Whatever sheds sheds and whenever it sheds is whenever it sheds.  Nothing to stress - not saying you're stressing.  Perhaps one temple is shedding faster than the other, I doubt that's a sign of anything bad to come.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Okay, so just wanted to drop a quick update with a few pictures. 

4 WEEKS POST-OP

I have started working out again this week at the gym with weights just over maybe 3.5 weeks post-op and i have been wearing a baseball style cap whenever i go out. One to keep the sun off and away from me and another to basically hide how it's looking. 

My native hairs growing back well enough, sorry that i couldn't grab some donor area pictures just yet but will do soon. 

I feel like slowly more and more hair are coming away. It started initially with the first head wash and since then i have a feeling hundreds of hair have slowly shed away and quite a few from the temple areas too which didn't admittedly appear as dense as the hairline did. 

I'm hoping that they will regrow soon enough but i'm heading slowly and surely towards that "Ugly Duckling" phase from Months 2 and 3. 

I am hoping to grow out the native hair maybe long enough at some point to have a fringe that i just style downwards over the new frontal hairline but i'm not sure how it will work with the temple points. I'm basically fine with living under a hat as long as possible when i go out. 

Regarding the lighting, i feel like it's definitely different seeing it in person vs on camera and you can even tell the difference in the right and left temple pictures. Just due to lighting, the left temple looks a lot more bare yet the right temple looks significantly fuller. However in person, the opposite feels true. 

IMG_20220616_221045.jpg

IMG_20220616_221314.jpg

IMG_20220616_221417.jpg

The progress is as expected. Thank you for your update.

6 hours ago, GaryStruthers said:

Looking great man! I think that’s gonna look full at month 5 let alone 9 months!

Thanks. I hope you're right even though i know that's generally an unrealistic timescale lol. ;)

5 hours ago, John1991 said:

Looks like very good healing for 4 weeks.  Whatever sheds sheds and whenever it sheds is whenever it sheds.  Nothing to stress - not saying you're stressing.  Perhaps one temple is shedding faster than the other, I doubt that's a sign of anything bad to come.

Yeah, absolutely. I have no control over which hair are going to shed at this point and i was prepared for it in some ways but i think it's definitely a little different when you are living through it compared to when it was all hypothetical. The native hair seems to be doing okay and i think generally i'm healing welp too which is good. I will post more pictures soon of the donor area and stuff, but cameras and lighting are a weird combination. It's inconsistent imo compared to how we actually see it all too in person. 

Hope you're doing welp with your hair transplant too man! 

35 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Looking good NARMAK!

Thanks. 

I'm just ready to hide through months 2 to 3 lol. If you could just fast forward growth on your hair transplant i would have lol. 

I am still enjoying all the things i normally would and its already been like 4 weeks since my HT, so time is going. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks. I hope you're right even though i know that's generally an unrealistic timescale lol. ;)

Yeah, absolutely. I have no control over which hair are going to shed at this point and i was prepared for it in some ways but i think it's definitely a little different when you are living through it compared to when it was all hypothetical. The native hair seems to be doing okay and i think generally i'm healing welp too which is good. I will post more pictures soon of the donor area and stuff, but cameras and lighting are a weird combination. It's inconsistent imo compared to how we actually see it all too in person. 

Hope you're doing welp with your hair transplant too man! 

Thanks. 

I'm just ready to hide through months 2 to 3 lol. If you could just fast forward growth on your hair transplant i would have lol. 

I am still enjoying all the things i normally would and its already been like 4 weeks since my HT, so time is going. 

Ya, it's definitely one thing to know you're going to be looking "off" for a good while and another thing to actually look "off" day in and day out for months at a time. lol. I suppose that's the price we pay for a better head of hair.  Glad the native hair is doing well, though I can't say I'm surprised.  

2 hours ago, MazAB said:

Monstrous temples bro! The design was so well done to perfectly frame your face on both hairline and temples. Nice preview of what to soon be the new you!😊

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks Armen. 

I'm cautiously excited for the journey ahead and to see the temple points and hairline grow in and see that new framing to the face. I think i'm much more used to seeing them now than the very first few days but i still smile thinking about hopefully the result to come and practically having never seen them in any way i can remember as an adult. 

2 hours ago, hairman22 said:

this transplanet is a key example of wh temples are very important

Mine are quite bad too so ill need them done at some point

I definitely think they help to frame the face but beyond that imo, they can be subtle and yet drastically change an appearance too for some people and nobody who is usually in the general public and hasn't seen you for a while will know what's different sometimes. 

That's why i think it's important to get them done but if you're an advanced Norwood, the grafts are actually even more crucial for coverage usually elsewhere. That's why i think Norwood 3 or less can afford to more easily try to rebuild and use grafts in those areas if you are using Finasteride etc. to stall or stop hair loss. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyPandy said:

Hi @NARMAK I have surgery at Eugenix in September. Can I ask where you got the required blood tests done in the UK please?

Hi Andy, 

I simply went to my local GP and requested them. I've been told by a fair few people that i was extremely lucky to have such a great doctor and theirs wouldn't do it for them, so you can ask but if they don't do them then you may have to look privately. Eugenix can look to arrange them for you, but they didn't seem eager to do so as if any abnormalities did prop up after you already paid for flights etc. and the surgery couldn't go ahead as an international patient, it's an incredibly wasted and frustrating experience. 

Just something to bear in mind and hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, Boomerang said:

Looking great NARMAK..

early congratulations on your upcoming great results 👏🏻 

Thanks in advance then. 

I certainly hope are right and slowly making my way through the days and weeks right now till i can get to hopefully a better place up till the 12 month mark. 

I'm hoping to share more updates when i hit around the end of Months 2 and 3. The "Ugly Duckling" phase beckons and its going to be tough, but i'll push through. It's all part of the journey. 

6 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Hi Andy, 

I simply went to my local GP and requested them. I've been told by a fair few people that i was extremely lucky to have such a great doctor and theirs wouldn't do it for them, so you can ask but if they don't do them then you may have to look privately. Eugenix can look to arrange them for you, but they didn't seem eager to do so as if any abnormalities did prop up after you already paid for flights etc. and the surgery couldn't go ahead as an international patient, it's an incredibly wasted and frustrating experience. 

Just something to bear in mind and hope that helps. 

Thanks @NARMAKi will attempt to sweet talk my GP. Good to know Eugenix will sort it over there in a worse case scenario. 

I have a video consult with both Dr Das and  Dr Bansal. I haven’t quite made a decision on which yet. I know Dr Bansal is more senior but Dr Das seems to be gaining momentum and your results so far look great. Would you recommend?

Dr Das’s price point is also much more affordable for my current situation, but I’ll see how the consultations go. 

5 hours ago, AndyPandy said:

Thanks @NARMAKi will attempt to sweet talk my GP. Good to know Eugenix will sort it over there in a worse case scenario. 

I have a video consult with both Dr Das and  Dr Bansal. I haven’t quite made a decision on which yet. I know Dr Bansal is more senior but Dr Das seems to be gaining momentum and your results so far look great. Would you recommend?

Dr Das’s price point is also much more affordable for my current situation, but I’ll see how the consultations go. 

Personally i wanted Dr Bansal originally because of the idea that she was a named founder  seniority etc. but then when she updated to a new package i felt that wasn't an option and then had a look into Dr Das when i had a video consult with her and she was really understanding of what i was looking to achieve and also from what i heard from others were quite positive. 

Ultimately only you can decide what gives you the peace of mind, but i think Dr Das was great for me and what she did imo was really listen and take everything on board and achieve what i wanted in terms of the hairline design and temple points. I personally just hope the results do her work justice. 

I think obviously with the package system Eugenix has in place, that's probably where people feel more conflicted on whether they should make the jump and that's understandable. 

Whilst i was there, the truth is there wasn't any real way to differentiate or know what techs do what generally or their level of seniority. I do know there's only a couple of ladies from what i gathered that do anaesthetic and a few who do extractions. The rest are it seems rotated around. 

I would go through with it all again if i was asked though and happily choose Dr Das. For the price i paid, i wanted to still feel reassured and Dr Das imo was a gem for me. I can only hope if you choose her she will also be for you. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, AndyPandy said:

How much Dr. Das charge per graft?

Edited by PeppaFrog

13 minutes ago, PeppaFrog said:

How much Dr. Das charge per graft?

I opted for the Exclusive Package which was Indian RS 120 per graft + 18% tax. I was told it would be around 2200 grafts but Dr Das on the day had calculated it as 2000 and that's what i paid for. 

However, she's not the only Dr in that pricing, you would have to specifically request for her to be your leading surgeon but it seems she may be getting much more popular and hopefully that doesn't mean an overly long wait time. 

• Like 1

Okay, so apologies in advance, i was a bit late with this particular update for my donor area. 

1 Month-ish (5 weeks Post-Op) Update

I think i'm generally quite happy with where it looks visually. I was wearing a cap to the gym with the band which is why i think the middle of the scalp looks a little different to the lower part. 

The pictures were taken in the bathroom with my sister helping me so it has a brighter downlighting but i figure it would also be good to maybe expose some areas. 

IMG_20220627_225209.jpg

IMG_20220628_000152.jpg

IMG_20220628_000212.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Okay, so apologies in advance, i was a bit late with this particular update for my donor area. 

I think i'm generally quite happy with where it looks visually. I was wearing a cap to the gym with the band which is why i think the middle of the scalp looks a little different to the lower part. 

The pictures were taken in the bathroom with my sister helping me so it has a brighter downlighting but i figure it would also be good to maybe expose some areas. 

IMG_20220627_225209.jpg

IMG_20220628_000152.jpg

IMG_20220628_000212.jpg

i cant even find anything that was doen to you. It looks completely normal (from my pov)

How soon did you satrt working out and when did you add a hat into the mix?

Also do regular hats fir your head or do you just adjust them to snugly fit? Im not a huge fan of tight fitted clothing so im wondering how others wear the hats during workouts.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

IMG_20220627_225209.jpg

IMG_20220628_000152.jpg

IMG_20220628_000212.jpg

Awesome.