Eugenix July 18/19 with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal 3811 Grafts

Bb111

Hey everyone,

First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the support, advice, feedback, etc. that is provided on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here and just as importantly there are really good people here. I could not have done it without you.

History:

I am about 40 years old and started to notice that my frontal hairline, temples, and crown were thinning at about 30. It has been a gradual decline since then. From 30 to now I got married and had kids. I started finasteride about a year ago after we decided we were done growing our family. Finasteride did stabilize my hair loss and therefore decided to take the next step and pursue a hair transplant.

I combed through the forums and the recommended list of surgeons. I ultimately narrowed my list down to a couple of surgeons with Eugenix being one of them. I did have a video consultation with Dr. Arika and felt very comfortable with her. She was kind, professional, and answered all my questions. I went ahead and put a deposit down to hold a spot. Shortly after this I saw that Dr. Pradeep and Dr. Arika had decided to tour the United States.  At first, I was disappointed because the dates and locations did not work with my professional schedule. However, @Melvin- Moderator and my coordinator Rishabh were able to set up an in-person consultation on a different date (thank you!). I met Dr. Pradeep for a coffee on the upper west side of NYC. I know this has nothing to do with the results of my HT but we ended up hanging out for much longer than I was intending. Dr. Pradeep is an amazing human and his life story is truly inspiring. We ended up starting a friendship. This made me feel so much more confident about the procedure.

About a month later I was in Delhi for my HT. My flight landed at 3AM but believe it or not the airport in Delhi was bustling at this time. I did have to call the hotel to figure out where the driver was waiting but it was smooth sailing after that. I stayed at the Westin which is a nice hotel. Given my late flight they asked me to sleep in and come in at noon.

Hair Transplant

•  Design - This was done by Dr. Pradeep Sethi and he was accompanied by several other doctors. Honestly, I just let Dr. Pradeep do his thing for the design. I had already spoken to him at length in NYC so I felt comfortable with what he drew.
  • Surgery- After the design, we started the surgery at about 1PM and it went until about 9PM.  After the local anesthesia was applied, all the slits were made by Dr. Pradeep and all the extraction were done by Dr. Arika. Overall, I really had minimal to no pain and breaks were allowed to stretch, go to the restroom, or eat. On this day they worked on the area behind the hairline and the crown. The implantations were done by the senior doctors or techs. (By the way for those who are wondering all the techs come from Dr. Pradeep’s hometown where he handpicks who works for the clinic. All the current techs have been with Eugenix for several years.) The next morning, I came back at 8AM and we started shortly after that. The extractions were again performed by Dr. Arika and implantation was done by senior doctors and techs into the crown and behind the hairline. Dr. Pradeep returned for the extractions and implants of the hairline and temple points. He did have to use a different type of punch (sharp punch) to help extract singles of a certain caliber for the frontal hairline and temple points. I was glad that he was so focused on finding the exact right grafts for the hairline and temple points.
  • We ended up using 3811 grafts which is just 11 more than what I was quoted during my initial consultation via videochat.

Overall Experience:

Overall, I feel that the Eugenix team did an amazing job from a clinical and hospitality perspective. They consistently made sure that my needs were met. I was lucky enough to spend some time at the farmhouse with Dr. Pradeep and other patients who were here this week. As I said earlier, he is truly an amazing person and I learned a lot from him. I know some may be concerned that my experience was different because I met the surgeons in NYC prior to coming to Delhi.  I will say that I observed the same level of hospitality as well as the same level of detail in clinical care being extended to the patients each day I was at the clinic. Thank you to the Eugenix team (Dr. Pradeep, Dr. Arika, Dr. Das, Dr. Somesh, all the techs, Rishabh, Anil, Rajat, the list goes on and on!).

HRN1.jpg.63f416f2c223a01d936aa0b630cd67e6.jpgHRN5.jpg.04ca2e3c47e2e9b32823cfe829ce0b92.jpgHRN7.jpg.72bbe85fe0dda9bc14ef59bfa90e0abd.jpgHRN4.jpg.52eae366ae7d83274c3711c2fa39fd09.jpgHRN2.jpg.e609075574ed7ae4fa9908a7124c5424.jpgHRN3.jpg.2c98fde849f79cdff1e6b327f80d01d1.jpgHRN6.jpg.575bfd93d9c67c57a6b6941aea14139a.jpgHRN8.jpg.afdea49af06d7c0787ac5e8f758d9813.jpgHRN9.jpg.cc663a272c6e9dbf45668ecc03d170a1.jpgHRN10.jpg.4c9e4e946d21cee829f3fc2055d33a1a.jpgHRN006.jpg.359d8f6fdaa3ca10de9e9ba8359fa6b5.jpgHRN002.jpg.872a8e9b95ff1bbebd9476ad9481c64a.jpgHRN003.jpg.0387c3b2444454b6a42edf0a2dc24994.jpgHRN004.jpg.75850557e2edb59df9872612440af0b2.jpgHRN005.jpg.021249ac9e71375ae9b3d237b11efb71.jpgHRN007.thumb.jpg.1e0ccca035a27a8e01039b113e7610b9.jpgHRN008.jpg.44b9b3c031ba8a45301523484b166f24.jpgHRN009.jpg.353dd83ff8d9a3053c7eab521dd774d5.jpgHRN001.jpg.10b9de93f1dec12889b3408d3accd604.jpg

Edited by Bb111
Duplicate text
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bb111 said:

Hey everyone,

First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the support, advice, feedback, etc. that is provided on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here and just as importantly there are really good people here. I could not have done it without you.

History:

I am about 40 years old and started to notice that my frontal hairline, temples, and crown were thinning at about 30. It has been a gradual decline since then. From 30 to now I got married and had kids. I started finasteride about a year ago after we decided we were done growing our family. Finasteride did stabilize my hair loss and therefore decided to take the next step and pursue a hair transplant.

I combed through the forums and the recommended list of surgeons. I ultimately narrowed my list down to a couple of surgeons with Eugenix being one of them. I did have a video consultation with Dr. Arika and felt very comfortable with her. She was kind, professional, and answered all my questions. I went ahead and put a deposit down to hold a spot. Shortly after this I saw that Dr. Pradeep and Dr. Arika had decided to tour the United States.  At first, I was disappointed because the dates and locations did not work with my professional schedule. However, @Melvin- Moderator and my coordinator Rishabh were able to set up an in-person consultation on a different date (thank you!). I met Dr. Pradeep for a coffee on the upper west side of NYC. I know this has nothing to do with the results of my HT but we ended up hanging out for much longer than I was intending. Dr. Pradeep is an amazing human and his life story is truly inspiring. We ended up starting a friendship. This made me feel so much more confident about the procedure.

About a month later I was in Delhi for my HT. My flight landed at 3AM but believe it or not the airport in Delhi was bustling at this time. I did have to call the hotel to figure out where the driver was waiting but it was smooth sailing after that. I stayed at the Westin which is a nice hotel. Given my late flight they asked me to sleep in and come in at noon.

Hair Transplant

•  Design - This was done by Dr. Pradeep Sethi and he was accompanied by several other doctors. Honestly, I just let Dr. Pradeep do his thing for the design. I had already spoken to him at length in NYC so I felt comfortable with what he drew.
  • Surgery- After the design, we started the surgery at about 1PM and it went until about 9PM.  After the local anesthesia was applied, all the slits were made by Dr. Pradeep and all the extraction were done by Dr. Arika. Overall, I really had minimal to no pain and breaks were allowed to stretch, go to the restroom, or eat. On this day they worked on the area behind the hairline and the crown. The implantations were done by the senior doctors or techs. (By the way for those who are wondering all the techs come from Dr. Pradeep’s hometown where he handpicks who works for the clinic. All the current techs have been with Eugenix for several years.) The next morning, I came back at 8AM and we started shortly after that. The extractions were again performed by Dr. Arika and implantation was done by senior doctors and techs into the crown and behind the hairline. Dr. Pradeep returned for the extractions and implants of the hairline and temple points. He did have to use a different type of punch (sharp punch) to help extract singles of a certain caliber for the frontal hairline and temple points. I was glad that he was so focused on finding the exact right grafts for the hairline and temple points.
  • We ended up using 3811 grafts which is just 11 more than what I was quoted during my initial consultation via videochat.

Overall Experience:

Overall, I feel that the Eugenix team did an amazing job from a clinical and hospitality perspective. They consistently made sure that my needs were met. I was lucky enough to spend some time at the farmhouse with Dr. Pradeep and other patients who were here this week. As I said earlier, he is truly an amazing person and I learned a lot from him. I know some may be concerned that my experience was different because I met the surgeons in NYC prior to coming to Delhi.  I will say that I observed the same level of hospitality as well as the same level of detail in clinical care being extended to the patients each day I was at the clinic. Thank you to the Eugenix team (Dr. Pradeep, Dr. Arika, Dr. Das, Dr. Somesh, all the techs, Rishabh, Anil, Rajat, the list goes on and on!).

Hey everyone,

History:

Hair Transplant

Overall Experience:

HRN1.jpg.63f416f2c223a01d936aa0b630cd67e6.jpgHRN5.jpg.04ca2e3c47e2e9b32823cfe829ce0b92.jpgHRN7.jpg.72bbe85fe0dda9bc14ef59bfa90e0abd.jpgHRN4.jpg.52eae366ae7d83274c3711c2fa39fd09.jpgHRN2.jpg.e609075574ed7ae4fa9908a7124c5424.jpgHRN3.jpg.2c98fde849f79cdff1e6b327f80d01d1.jpgHRN6.jpg.575bfd93d9c67c57a6b6941aea14139a.jpgHRN8.jpg.afdea49af06d7c0787ac5e8f758d9813.jpgHRN9.jpg.cc663a272c6e9dbf45668ecc03d170a1.jpgHRN10.jpg.4c9e4e946d21cee829f3fc2055d33a1a.jpgHRN006.jpg.359d8f6fdaa3ca10de9e9ba8359fa6b5.jpgHRN002.jpg.872a8e9b95ff1bbebd9476ad9481c64a.jpgHRN003.jpg.0387c3b2444454b6a42edf0a2dc24994.jpgHRN004.jpg.75850557e2edb59df9872612440af0b2.jpgHRN005.jpg.021249ac9e71375ae9b3d237b11efb71.jpgHRN007.thumb.jpg.1e0ccca035a27a8e01039b113e7610b9.jpgHRN008.jpg.44b9b3c031ba8a45301523484b166f24.jpgHRN009.jpg.353dd83ff8d9a3053c7eab521dd774d5.jpgHRN001.jpg.10b9de93f1dec12889b3408d3accd604.jpg

the eugenix hairline designs are a thing of beauty! 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Hey @Bb111. It was great chatting with you today. You've chosen well and it's always best to have a consultation in person as you did with Dr Pradeep in NYC. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your results. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I also got a procedure done with Dr.Sethi and Dr.Bansal this past Thursday (will be posting soon) ….just wanted to say that I couldn’t agree more with what @Bb111says. 
It was also great to meet you and get to know you @Bb111….I am excited for your results. Have a safe flight back! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Wow, I remember when you reached out after the podcast. Glad to help. The work looks excellent happy growing 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Ash1390 said:

I also got a procedure done with Dr.Sethi and Dr.Bansal this past Thursday (will be posting soon) ….just wanted to say that I couldn’t agree more with what @Bb111says. 
It was also great to meet you and get to know you @Bb111….I am excited for your results. Have a safe flight back! 

Thanks @Ash1390. Pleasure meeting you as well. Looking forward to your post and hoping you have an amazing HT journey ahead. 

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow, I remember when you reached out after the podcast. Glad to help. The work looks excellent happy growing 🙌🏼

Thank you again Melvin. You went out of your way to help me and I am very grateful. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hey @Bb111. It was great chatting with you today. You've chosen well and it's always best to have a consultation in person as you did with Dr Pradeep in NYC. Wishing you all the best and I look forward to following your results. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Looking forward to your next update as well! 

Thank you @MazAB for your kind words and support. It was awesome meeting you virtually as well!

Thank you @Adier. I am glad Dr. Pradeep took the lead on the hairline. Hoping it turns out well also.  Now the waiting game starts. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

@Bb111 I hope you arrived home safely (and the plane didn't crash 😉). I look forward to following your journey and wish you all the best!

Hey @Gatsby great connecting with you as well. I'm on the long haul from Dubai to the States as I write this. So far so good, haha. 

• Haha 1

Hey @Bb111 Congrats on the procedure, looks great, I'll be following your journey closely.

I've my procedure planned for later this year, and have a few Q's:

1. Do you know what is the density you got? How many grafts per sq cm? Looks densely packed from the pics.

2. How many grafts went into each temple?

3. What package did you choose?

Cheers & happy growing!

Hey @ZeeMan

Thank you for your kind words and good luck on your upcoming procedure.

1) I honestly don't know how dense it is. From what I have read on the forums, Eugenix tries to keep it around a max of 35 to 40 grafts per sq cm so I'm assuming it's the same for me. 

2) each temple has a little over 200 grafts

3) I chose a package that I don't think is advertised on their website.  It's called duo premium. This was the description:

*DUO PREMIUM*

*Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika would do the Planning and Designing. 

Dr Pradeep would do the entire Slits *

Dr Arika would do the entire Extraction 

Dr Pradeep Would do the Hairline implantation*

Edited by Bb111
Grammar

12 hours ago, Bb111 said:

Hey @ZeeMan

Thank you for your kind words and good luck on your upcoming procedure.

1) I honestly don't know how dense it is. From what I have read on the forums, Eugenix tries to keep it around a max of 35 to 40 grafts per sq cm so I'm assuming it's the same for me. 

2) each temple has a little over 200 grafts

3) I chose a package that I don't think is advertised on their website.  It's called duo premium. This was the description:

*DUO PREMIUM*

*Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika would do the Planning and Designing. 

Dr Pradeep would do the entire Slits *

Dr Arika would do the entire Extraction 

Dr Pradeep Would do the Hairline implantation*

Thanks, I've sent you a direct message for a follow-up Q.

The amount of triples and quadruples is great for you! Normally patients don't have that many quads. I know it's only 325, but trust me if evenly spread out, they will really go a long way in adding density. My guess is that they strategically placed them in the crown region, along with a very good amount of triples in that region as well. It is so hard to establish density in the crown, especially with a first hair transplant, but in your case, I think you in a strong position to have more density than the average guy with similar hair loss as you.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MazAB said:

The amount of triples and quadruples is great for you! Normally patients don't have that many quads. I know it's only 325, but trust me if evenly spread out, they will really go a long way in adding density. My guess is that they strategically placed them in the crown region, along with a very good amount of triples in that region as well. It is so hard to establish density in the crown, especially with a first hair transplant, but in your case, I think you in a strong position to have more density than the average guy with similar hair loss as you.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thank you! From what I see in some of my pictures I think you are spot in that a lot of the triples and quadruples are placed throughout the crown. Hoping for some coverage of the "black hole."

• Like 1

This is absolutely incredible work. I'm super impressed with many things: 1) the crown whirl looks fantastic and super natural, 2) the amount of donor area used is incredibly bold and gutsy...in a good way. I see they used hair from all the way onto the sides of your head as well, which means they must have been confident in those areas of your head to continue looking fine post-HT. Some doctors and clinics are nervous to use the sides of the head, but Eugenix isn't and they know how to do it extremely professionally.

• Thanks 1