Hattingen - Hairline punchouts - September 2023

RTC

Hi all

I'm going to keep this short because I can't be bothered typing an essay lol

Initial thread here:

I had 200 grafts punched out from across my hairline, and 100 grafts extracted from the donor area. All grafts were placed behind my hairline.

The aim of the operation was to get rid of the chunky grafts in the hairline and create a more natural looking hairline compared to the blocky, ugly, straight hairline given to me by the Butcher of Istanbul, Asli Tarcan. I wanted to create more recession in the corners, which sounds counter-intuitive to most people, but the result is a far more attractive and natural hairline. It no longer looks artificial and weird .

The operation was very short and Hattingen is a class outfit - very professional, fantastic staff, and both Dr Sever and Laura are brilliant. Both very friendly and personable, and Dr Sever is based. The clinic itself is lovely, set in a very small village in Switzerland, which was beautiful. I was in and out in about 5-6 hours, and went back the next day for a hair wash.

Sever did my consultation, Laura did the extractions and the everything surgery related. She used a manual punch. I kept my hair long and had a no-shave procedure, so I was back to normal within ONE week. Phenomenal stuff. The punchouts left NO visible scarring and within a week literally nobody was able to see any remnants of the operation. Zero. For the first week it was pretty ugly though. 

The photos really do not do justice to how much better my hairline looks now though, so please don't take too much from the low quality photos I took for the 'afters'. My hairline looks far more natural, and I barely have any insecurity over it anymore. The density and weird shape are largely fixed.

However, there are still some issues with my hair:

- Still probably have around 50-60 grafts that could be removed (I may address this in 2025 if we are all still alive and the West hasn't fallen)

- The direction of the grafts in my hairline are still awful.. this can not be rectified, unless I remove and then re-implant, which I am not prepared to do. The hairs in my hairline stick straight up and it really bugs me.

- I still wish for a little more density behind my hairline, although this has largely improved due to Mwamba and Hattingen's work. The patches are not as glaring as before.

- I wish I could still refine my hairline a little more, but my donor is in dire straits.

- The donor on my right side still sucks. The only remedy here would be beard hairs.

Overall, I am VERY happy with what was a very small, but very impactful procedure. Big impact on my confidence. I feel like people don't like at my hairline anymore.

I may do one more. but we will see. This stuff is expensive.

Feel free to ask me any questions

BEFORE

image.png.7bfb74ca07fc84f970b891cd6b97ad1d.png

image.png.ddcc9ede1c2159ab3f4c8b93cc993892.png

PUNCHOUTS

image.png.a2b5d3d570450ad4d7fb6a040f97f491.pngimage.png.9f143ff70ec28f39ea49f50040a1718c.pngimage.png.400d908d25bf54f1c0ea189e5e2dfec5.png

image.thumb.png.7274b7b261d343e4e1a8db8c6fc3ab02.png

image.png.4aa152e9ab3874866add1eef94b964a8.png

COMPARISON

image.thumb.png.31301a1f939c2239b06eccb7908eae91.png

image.thumb.png.684aa1c5a7084f5aa8283f6fbcf9a7ad.png

image.thumb.png.5cb950fd35d6e6a966e49978b789f2ce.png

Edited by RTC
  • Like 8
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

Funnily enough I've literally just suggest Melvin try to get some examples of this type of work from Hattingen for the podcast and here you are...! Hairline definitely looks softer already will some of those grafts removed and bit more break-up and irregularity manufactured.

How much do they charge for these punch-outs?

• Like 2

The work looks clean bro @RTC you went to a really good clinic.

hopefully this will give you a naturally looking hairline and you can enjoy your hair without worrying ☺️

Congrats, so happy for you😊

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators

I was just talking to Dr. Muresanu, we’ve rescheduled the podcast to next week. He’s one of the best in the business.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

IMG-20240404-WA0007.jpg.c64aa3115c6f97cb2d42397ed2abac38.jpg

Hair has never looked better. I am way, way less self conscious of it now.

Mwamba did me a solid with the temples, which look superb, and Hattingen made my hairline look so much more refined and natural.

At this point, I think I will do another small procedure to get rid of some grafts around the hairline I don't need. I do want to bolster the density behind my hairline a little.

I also need to fix the right side of my donor as I hate it. I'll look to use beard grafts for that. 

Hopefully can do that around the end of the year 

Edited by RTC
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

This is an interesting case for me. I met Dr Sever in London on Friday and he wants to do something very similar to my hairline. I don't have pluggy grafts like you did, but my hairline is a little too linear for Dr Sever's liking and he wants to do some strategic punchouts to create more irregularity and soft breakup, as well as 1,500-ish grafts into the midscalp and old forelock area to bolster and connect everything from front to back.

Would be great to see some more close ups of the hairline when you can!