4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

It has been a week since my hair transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciences I actually first went to the Maldives with my wife for our honeymoon, then went to Delhi to have my hair transplant, and ended it with a short trip in Dubai. It was an amazing trip, but i'm glad to be back home, resting and recovering. I know some of you have messaged me here sorry I haven't gotten back to all of you sooner. It was difficult with traveling and all. I can finally take a breather and break down my entire experience, which was AMAZING! A special shout out to Anil, Amandeep and the entire team at Eugenix. They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable, their hospitality was something I have never experienced before in my life.

The Plan

Initially, the plan was to get about 2,500 grafts and concentrate in the crown. I sent pictures and some video, but being in person paints a better picture. I do a good job of creating an "illusion" but the truth is that I need a lot of grafts.  For those of you traveling to get a hair transplant, the surgeon may change the plan  if you need more or less grafts to reach your goal.  After shaving my head and taking a look at my donor, two things were clear, I needed a lot of grafts, and didn't have a lot of hair left in my donor. We decided to take hair from regions that wasn't previously harvested like my side napes, the side burns and right above my ear. Dr. Sethi was meticulous in his planning and execution, I could see that he was really trying to get me the best possible result. He was hyper-focused and the entire planning portion solidified my decision in choosing him. 

The Stay (Farmhouse)

c84ef104-7caa-442e-a09a-8b8f8e601c66.JPG

b551722f-1df9-4884-b2ff-ec4a423c7485.JPG

Recently, Eugenix acquired a beautiful farmhouse on 3 acres of land a hop away from the airport. As most of you know, I chose the highest package at Eugenix. Personally, I didn't want to let cost or location be the deciding factor, but focus on the results. The farmhouse is Dr. Sethi's project. I believe the house will be available to those who choose the package with him, there's a chef on site along with staff there to help you 24/7. I am not lying when I say the treatment I received was fit for a king. One of the days I was suffering from GERD (acid reflux) and within 15 minutes I had medication delivered to me, I could have tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks at any time of the day. The farmhouse isn't finished yet, but I can see this becoming a talking point and big bonus in the future, it was beyond VIP treatment. I got to meet some other patients there, one even said he was going to create a thread here. The upstairs portion is going to become a game room equipped with a pool table, flat screen TV,  and table tennis. Very excited to visit again and hear and see some of your guys's experiences in the future.

The Surgery (3 Days)

The surgery took longer than we all expected. As previously mentioned, the original plan was to harvest 2,500 grafts. However, after shaving my head, it was clear I would need a lot more grafts to reach my goal. Dr. Sethi looks at surgery as his art, and he is most definitely an artist. After looking at my hairline, he agreed it looked good, but felt the V shape was a little too sharp, he thought it would look more natural to round the hairline slightly, while bringing in the temple points. We spent about three hours talking about the design and plan. I thought it would be important to focus maximum density on the right lateral anterior portion of my crown, as I plan on combing my hair from left to right. This could provide more coverage and a better "illusion" of density when I style my hair. We were on the same page, and he instantly agreed. 

First Day of Surgery 12/31/21

The first day of surgery was mostly planning, we shaved my head and then the fun started. The surgery didn't start until late afternoon, and we didn't finish until 10 pm. At the end of the day Dr. Sethi had created all of the incisions and extracted and transplanted about 400 grafts. I was excited to see how my new hairline and temples would look. Overall, I felt it would be a huge improvement.

Second Day of Surgery 01/01/22

The second day of surgery started around 2 pm. Dr. Sethi had a company party planned for the team early in the morning, both of us expected the surgery to be done by then. The team work hard, so I definitely felt that it was important to show them appreciation. Work hard, play hard. Once the party was over, we headed to the clinic and it was all business. We did about 2,600 grafts and filled the crown and midscalp. Dr. Sethi wanted to leave the hairline and temple points for the next day, when he was fresh. I agreed that would be the best option. It was also important from a donor management perspective. There's an added benefit to creating sites a day or two before implantation. There's almost no bleeding and growth factors have begun healing the wounds, which can improve the yield, another potential benefit to pre-made slits. Although, Eugenix generally use DHT technique, they were aware of this added benefit. 

Third Day of Surgery 01/02/22

The last day of surgery we started around 8 am, Dr. Sethi began extracting the hair for my hairline and temples, he took hours extracting the perfect grafts and implanting them. I have to admit by the third day I felt exhausted, but seeing more and more hair on my head was SOOO motivating. The surgery lasted until 4:30 pm. Dr. Sethi had done almost every part of my procedure, he even did the anesthesia on the last day, though I will say this, Dr. Sethi don't quit your day job leave the anesthesia to Nitoo 😆 Dr. Arika did my beard extractions, and I have to say she did an amazing job. Here's my takeaway from Eugenix, each person on their team focuses on one thing, and one thing only, to the point where they master it. There are technicians that only do placement, nurses who only do anesthesia, and doctors that only do extractions day in and day out. You're getting experts if you pick the lowest package or the highest package. 

Now, the fun part PICTURES!!! I will add that my despite having 3 prior FUEs I was surprised at how well my scars looked with a shaved head. Again, scars are largely physiological. I had 1mm punches used on my scalp and the scars were barely visible. Also, not all of the hair was shaved, Dr. Sethi left a portion unshaved near the demarcation line, so that he made sure that hair wasn't extracted during the procedure. He went up pretty high, as we discussed in detail and both agreed the hair right below my lateral humps were my healthiest hair. 

I'll be updating you guys every week, and then every month after that, just to show you guys the healing process. I will say my beard has healed almost 100%, feels like I didn't get any grafts taken from there. 

Graft Breakdown

2,100 scalp grafts, 300 doubles were made into singles which turned into 2,434 scalp grafts.

singles -744

doubles- 1125

triples-431

quads- 134

total scalp hairs-5,567 average 2.3 hairs per graft. The initial number was 2100 grafts, but 300 were cut into singles, so the number would’ve been 2.6 hairs per graft. 

beard hairs -1566 almost all singles average of 1.03 per graft.

Total hairs = 7,179 which averages to 1.79 hairs per graft

1,566, for a total of 4,000 grafts. I'm still waiting on the actual numbers of 1s, 2s and 3s, but I will say that I was shocked to know I had quite a bit of multis still in the donor. 

Before Surgery

IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4370.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4696.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPG

Shaved and Mapped Out

IMG_4700.JPGIMG_4701.JPGIMG_4702.JPGIMG_4594.JPGIMG_4704.JPG

Graft Placement Post-op

IMG_4706.JPGIMG_4705.JPGIMG_4712.JPGIMG_4711.JPGIMG_4578.JPGIMG_4707.JPGIMG_4579.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4713.JPG

One Week Post-Op At Home

IMG_4718.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4723.jpgIMG_4725.jpgIMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4722 2.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, RandoBrando517 said:

How did you get so many grafts? Your donor doesn’t even look touched how is this possible?

The graft extractions were done evenly and spread out. The grafts were removed from areas that weren’t previously harvested. We discussed taking hair from the nape, and I’m aware the hair may thin over time, but I’m committed to trying topical anti-androgens. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Wow 😯 This is absolutely impeccable work. I didn’t realise you had that much loss in your crown area. That’s a really nice number of grafts from your scalp, I’m surprised they didn’t take more from the beard.. but hey it’s better to exhaust the available scalp hairs first. When you say your last hair transplant…. 😆

• Like 6

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Wow 😯 This is absolutely impeccable work. I didn’t realise you had that much loss in your crown area. That’s a really nice number of grafts from your scalp, I’m surprised they didn’t take more from the beard.. but hey it’s better to exhaust the available scalp hairs first. When you say your last hair transplant…. 😆

Funny, you say that because on my last day of surgery, Dr. Sethi said and I quote: “we can still do another 1,500 from your beard.” I was like 🤔 hair greed reared its ugly head. I forgot to add the pictures of my grafts freshly placed. You can really appreciate how excellent and clean the work looks. 

E61C9B2F-0002-4761-8C53-8A659213C3DC.jpeg

802A560A-71F9-47DD-A88C-D7110D7701F6.jpeg

DE142CAA-0464-4FAE-BF7E-6C7EDAA78A21.jpeg

DCE45C9F-6789-4CBE-9F2E-CF7C92AAA3F2.jpeg

542968C6-3AE7-4642-BFBF-8531DCD63CF4.jpeg

5D1F4088-E945-4E48-B86D-9335361F169B.jpeg

• Like 5

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Funny, you say that because on my last day of surgery, Dr. Sethi said and I quote: “we can still do another 1,500 from your beard.” I was like 🤔 hair greed reared its ugly head. I forgot to add the pictures of my grafts freshly placed. You can really appreciate how excellent and clean the work looks. 

E61C9B2F-0002-4761-8C53-8A659213C3DC.jpeg

802A560A-71F9-47DD-A88C-D7110D7701F6.jpeg

DE142CAA-0464-4FAE-BF7E-6C7EDAA78A21.jpeg

DCE45C9F-6789-4CBE-9F2E-CF7C92AAA3F2.jpeg

542968C6-3AE7-4642-BFBF-8531DCD63CF4.jpeg

5D1F4088-E945-4E48-B86D-9335361F169B.jpeg

Dayum they hooked u up bruh

• Like 2

I have absolutely no doubt this will turn out amazing, the artistry here is just perfect. They have done such a awesome job. I wonder if he was at all nervous, being that your the mod here ? 🤨

Yeh your beard has to have been good for at least 3k, nice knowing you still have some in reserve ! 

• Like 2

wow!!  Congrats melvin!   we have same skin tone and hair characteristics... will def be following!   looking to soften my temple points and hairline and Eugenix seems like the best spot for natural temple points!  

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

I have absolutely no doubt this will turn out amazing, the artistry here is just perfect. They have done such a awesome job. I wonder if he was at all nervous, being that your the mod here ? 🤨

Yeh your beard has to have been good for at least 3k, nice knowing you still have some in reserve ! 

Funny you mention it, he said this was a huge test and privilege for him because i'm so knowledgable and because I run the biggest and most popular hair restoration community in the world. His words, not mine lol.

• Like 5

View my thread

Awesome detailed account of your experience.   Never knew you needed so much in your crown area.   Looks like they did impecable work.   Lucky. 

I'm surprised how quick your beard recovered.   Still looks good.   I'm going for another HT end of the month with Dr Mwamba ... And I'll be taking out from my beard for the first time.   We are planning 500,  but after seeing your pics...   I think I'll be upping the number to 1000 beard grafts.  

In all honestly...   How do you see your beard coming in after the surgery?    

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Ffx305 said:

wow!!  Congrats melvin!   we have same skin tone and hair characteristics... will def be following!   looking to soften my temple points and hairline and Eugenix seems like the best spot for natural temple points!  

One of the main reasons why I chose Dr. Sethi was because of the temple points. It's definitely one of his specialities and strong suits.

• Like 3

View my thread

Looks great Melvin! Thanks for all you have done for the forum and always responding to my questions. It has led me to my repair procedure with Dr. Konior next week for which I am very grateful. One question as I have a very similar head/hairline shape to yourself. I see they flattened and brought the hairline down slightly (which looks awesome). Roughly how many centimeters the hairline is from the glabella ? Thanks, and happy growing!

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Etownone said:

Awesome detailed account of your experience.   Never knew you needed so much in your crown area.   Looks like they did impecable work.   Lucky. 

I'm surprised how quick your beard recovered.   Still looks good.   I'm going for another HT end of the month with Dr Mwamba ... And I'll be taking out from my beard for the first time.   We are planning 500,  but after seeing your pics...   I think I'll be upping the number to 1000 beard grafts.  

In all honestly...   How do you see your beard coming in after the surgery?    

To be honest, the beard looks almost identical to how it looked before surgery. I had 1,600 grafts and it doesn't even feel like a dent was made. I am very lucky though, I'm blessed with having a thick and dense beard, so it depends on the density of your beard.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Ryan Rap said:

Looks great Melvin! Thanks for all you have done for the forum and always responding to my questions. It has led me to my repair procedure with Dr. Konior next week for which I am very grateful. One question as I have a very similar head/hairline shape to yourself. I see they flattened and brought the hairline down slightly (which looks awesome). Roughly how many centimeters the hairline is from the glabella ? Thanks, and happy growing!

I'm glad I could help you, Ray (Dr. Konior) is an amazing surgeon, and I consider him a friend now. You are in GREAT hands. I liked my hairline shape, but Dr. Sethi felt it could be rounded a bit to so it wasn't so sharp and it was more subtle. I agreed, and now I freaking love the new shape. My hairline is at 7 centimeters, a little on the lower side, especially for a Norwood 6. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Ok so I’m actually wondering what sort of hair styles you will be rocking after this has grown out 😁

I'm not sure, I'm thinking like the classic Clark Gable side part

image.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

View my thread

Great Melvin, let's hope that Dr. Sethi didn't have his hands shaking while operating a personality like you and he kept calm, I imagine him with a couple of his assistants wiping his sweat while he operates you.  Seriously, we will follow the evolution of your transplant with great interest and I am sure that once again your result will be a Eugenix home run.

• Like 2

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, SS2382 said:

Do you ever regret not starting with FUT to maximize donor and be able to have gotten more grafts, or do you think this was the right move for you?

For me, FUE was 100% the right choice, I can wear my hair very short and the scars are barely noticeable. Even now a week after my surgery my donor has completed healed. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Egy said:

Great Melvin, let's hope that Dr. Sethi didn't have his hands shaking while operating a personality like you and he kept calm, I imagine him with a couple of his assistants wiping his sweat while he operates you.  Seriously, we will follow the evolution of your transplant with great interest and I am sure that once again your result will be a Eugenix home run.

🤣 I think once he was in the zone. He said he felt it was his best work. Very happy to hear him say that, though he probably says that a lot 😆 

View my thread

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow.....good stuff....like others said i had no idea your crown....that video of you putting on toppik is even more insane now thinking how much and well of a job it did at covering , you wont be needing that soon tho huh

I was a master of disguise 🥸 my crown was bad. I never went out in public with it looking like that, my goal is to be in a place where I don’t need fibers, or at least a tiny bit. 

• Like 2

View my thread

Big congratulations @Melvin- Moderator on your procedure and i sincerely hope it gives you that final piece to complete the HT journey.

You 100% got the royal treatment for sure. 

As a full disclosure kind of question I have to ask, not to be rude or anything, just for confirmation. 

Did you pay for the surgery in full, including travel, accommodation etc. or was this offered to you by Eugenix in return for you to talk about your experience with them etc. 

The Farmhouse thing looks really cool and definitely shows their future plans and cool you got to experience that. 

I just guess i want to point out that it doesn’t quite appear your treatment matches with some of the other patients stories i've read. Like for example having a 3hr consult with Dr Sethi over hairline design. 

There's other stories shared here how Dr Bansal would do a hairline for like 15-20 mins then leave the person to look at it, think and then return. 

I do sincerely wish you all the best with your results. You seem like a super great guy and appreciate you spreading the knowledge and experience here and on YouTube etc.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Big congratulations @Melvin- Moderator on your procedure and i sincerely hope it gives you that final piece to complete the HT journey.

You 100% got the royal treatment for sure. 

As a full disclosure kind of question I have to ask, not to be rude or anything, just for confirmation. 

Did you pay for the surgery in full, including travel, accommodation etc. or was this offered to you by Eugenix in return for you to talk about your experience with them etc. 

The Farmhouse thing looks really cool and definitely shows their future plans and cool you got to experience that. 

I just guess i want to point out that it doesn’t quite appear your treatment matches with some of the other patients stories i've read. Like for example having a 3hr consult with Dr Sethi over hairline design. 

There's other stories shared here how Dr Bansal would do a hairline for like 15-20 mins then leave the person to look at it, think and then return. 

I do sincerely wish you all the best with your results. You seem like a super great guy and appreciate you spreading the knowledge and experience here and on YouTube etc.

Full disclosure I did not pay for any accommodation or food, I believe this is included in the highest package, but don't quote me on that, maybe that was just for me. As for consultation time, if I would have agreed with Dr. Sethi right away the consultation probably would have taken 15 minutes, but we went back and forth, and I asked a lot of questions. Including where the hair would be extracted from and why.  If a patient agrees with the plan, it wouldn't take very long. The clinic and surgeon isn't going to ask the questions for you. 

• Like 4

View my thread