4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys, 
Gonna have valentines dinner with my wife tonight, but I’m tired of wearing a hat. Is this passable with hair fibers? Did it really quick just to test. Be honest, yay or nay?...

Outstanding work on the back

Very passable and we know what to look for so I think it's on point     

The lighting will be much more forgiving and the beard really blends everything together for a tight look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys, 
Gonna have valentines dinner with my wife tonight, but I’m tired of wearing a hat. Is this passable with hair fibers? Did it really quick just to test. Be honest, yay or nay?

79AB0F3E-3E83-4A9A-BA00-E875A0E04885.jpeg

2D0496AE-9CFA-4B73-8F1C-BB5D31C17365.jpeg

70FE80AA-EA4D-48B3-A451-8436391C395B.jpeg

493D0F9E-DC1F-43ED-9F75-E9F528C2BFCA.jpeg

FE36D169-3B39-4B02-8524-83D4B90F3563.jpeg

I was thinking. Can you shave it now so that it starts growing all at the same time  and won’t have to go through the ugly duckling phase?  Not sure if that makes sense? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Looks good do you use dark brown or black hair fibers? 

Dark brown, black looks unnatural in most situations. I don't know why they make black when almost everyone in the world has a variation of dark brown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dark brown, black looks unnatural in most situations. I don't know why they make black when almost everyone in the world has a variation of dark brown.

Yea I use dark brown too what brand do you use I use febron but is there any difference brand wise since there’s a wide variation of prices on Amazon 

Fibers look good Melvin. This shows that even with some hair (due to lack of growth from surgery, a lower density from a limited donor, or waiting for hair to grow out)  paired with concealer you can really pull off a look that’s superior to being bald. 

• Administrators
On 2/12/2022 at 8:32 AM, Dillpickle123 said:

Yea I use dark brown too what brand do you use I use febron but is there any difference brand wise since there’s a wide variation of prices on Amazon 

I’ve been using boldify, I got a bottle from Elite Fibers. Will be doing a review.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Amazing thread, so excited to follow your progress :D Btw, do you have a thread on your hair loss prior to the first surgery? Did you manage to keep the transplanted hairs? And I might have missed of you have responed to this but are you on fin?

On 1/9/2022 at 9:48 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

1600 from under my chin, and another 1500 from my chin.

Heya —

So if I understand correctly, you transplanted about 3100 from your beard/chin/neck and another 900 from your nape region? Where were the nape/sideburn hairs used?

Aside, I've always wondered about the sideburns. Is that re: as normal hair? Or is it like beard hair? In the eyes of the surgeon, that is.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

8 hours ago, champybaby said:

Aside, I've always wondered about the sideburns. Is that re: as normal hair? Or is it like beard hair? In the eyes of the surgeon, that is.

Im pretty sure it’s considered beard hair. I have dark brown almost black hair, but a reddish brown beard. The reddish brown starts right on my sideburns, so presumably that’s considered the start of the beard hair. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Im pretty sure it’s considered beard hair. I have dark brown almost black hair, but a reddish brown beard. The reddish brown starts right on my sideburns, so presumably that’s considered the start of the beard hair. 

Yeh beard hair for sure. Definitely different and clear to see where it changes. Mine did grow different colours, before the grey dominated 🤣

• Administrators

Side burns is considered scalp hair, as per Dr. Sethi, it’s actually soft and not coarse like beard hair. I can feel a difference from my sideburns to cheek, big difference.

• Like 1

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Side burns is considered scalp hair, as per Dr. Sethi, it’s actually soft and not coarse like beard hair. I can feel a difference from my sideburns to cheek, big difference.

So how many grafts have you actually had now over the years Melvin?  Is it a maximum of 7000 or something like that that can be taken?

25 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

So how many grafts have you actually had now over the years Melvin?  Is it a maximum of 7000 or something like that that can be taken?

As his title says, he has had over 9k+ now 👌

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Maybe it’s different for different people. Mine is coarse and wiry and red like my beard hair. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Maybe it’s different for different people. Mine is coarse and wiry and red like my beard hair. 

Mine isn’t red, but my cheek is very red as well, it was something Dr. Sethi was mindful of, he didn’t want to get the ginger hair. 

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Mine isn’t red, but my cheek is very red as well, it was something Dr. Sethi was mindful of, he didn’t want to get the ginger hair. 

Always wondered why the ginger happens in a lot of peoples beards/side burns… obviously gene, chromosome related..

Edited by JC71