4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Mine isn’t red, but my cheek is very red as well, it was something Dr. Sethi was mindful of, he didn’t want to get the ginger hair. 

I think everyone is different. You can see at the top of my sideburns where mine goes from dark brown almost black retrograde alopecia hair to reddish brown sideburns. 

D7EC6D81-7D46-481F-957C-2FFA272177F0.jpeg

To give Melvin and perhaps some others some context on how beard hair grows. This is a beard hair that was transplanted into my FUT scar. I know this is a beard hair because: My beard/neck area has grey while my hair does not. It is also located along the FUT line/scar region of my head. Dr. K went out of his way to transplant non-white/grey beard hairs, but of the 400 he put in, maybe 4-6 got through/were white.

Compared to my natural hair, the beard hair is slightly thicker, but it is very wiry. Apologies for pic quality, but used whatever I had that was black for context.

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.33.58 AM.png

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Etownone said:

And still no ingrown hairs in the beard area?    

None

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I cut my hair at a #1 guard on Friday for a wedding, the donor looks impeccable after having so many grafts extracted. I’ll post a scalp update in two weeks at my 2 months. I’m in the ugly duckling phase. E47D765E-422B-493D-8788-EA9FDFF559DC.jpegA32B6F87-F464-4057-A8D0-3FF57F8E8BB3.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Considering how many HTs you had so far, that donor is looking clean. The hair to skin contrast in the picture looks like it's helping a bit too which is sweet. 

Honestly man, can't wait to see how these results end up for you. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Here’s a candid photo of my donor, this weekend one of my best friends  who’s like a brother to me got married on a beautiful Guatemalan beach. I decided to use concealer, which worked well. 

The temple points have started growing already, which is a pleasant surprise, makes the concealer look much more natural. 

479F1A45-BC97-40DF-9F4C-6FADE8D74F01.jpeg

• Like 6

View my thread

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Still looks like you could take many more grafts from that plentiful beard 😂

Yes, Dr. Sethi is confident another 1,500 grafts and it would still look dense. Let’s see how this grows. I’m confident I won’t need more. 

• Like 1

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, Dr. Sethi is confident another 1,500 grafts and it would still look dense. Let’s see how this grows. I’m confident I won’t need more. 

Hmmm let’s see if the “hair greed” devil 👿 gets you 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is as close as I can get to a 'jealous face' emoji😕

• Haha 2

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, kirkland said:

This is as close as I can get to a 'jealous face' emoji😕

I'm jealous of your growth 🤨 haha

• Haha 2

View my thread

On 2/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, I definitely need it, I’m in the ugliest duckling phase deep in it 😢 I’ll post my update next two weeks. 

The ugly duckling phase sucks, I am going through it as well, we all know how difficult it is!

On the other hand, your donor looks great, though! 

Regarding hair fibers during that phase, a lot of doctors are against it (during the first 3 months or) and my guess is that most people won't bother washing their hair and might end up going to bed with hair fibers every night, it would be interesting to see what other people say about that

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, GHTJourneya said:

The ugly duckling phase sucks, I am going through it as well, we all know how difficult it is!

Regarding hair fibers during that phase, a lot of doctors are against it (during the first 3 months or) and my guess is that most people won't bother washing their hair and might end up going to bed with hair fibers every night, it would be interesting to see what other people say about that

I can't think of a legitimate reason why doctors would be against fibers. I'm almost at 2 months, so the grafts are still underneath the skin, they will not be affected by fibers.

View my thread

21 minutes ago, GHTJourneya said:

I believe hair fibers are safe to use after 3 weeks to 4 weeks. It really depends on your situation and how well you have healed up. Most patients feel like they are completely fine after the first haircut, so I would assume that is the perfect time to apply fibers after the first haircut :)

The only thing that I would say that takes time would be going out on a hot day with direct sun light without wearing a hat. I would probably wait 2 to 3 months just to be completely on the safe side! 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I can't think of a legitimate reason why doctors would be against fibers. I'm almost at 2 months, so the grafts are still underneath the skin, they will not be affected by fibers.

It does not make too much sense to me either, to be honest. The only problem that I had in the past was that sometimes there were some fibers left on the skin which got mixed with minoxidil and I got a few pimples here and there. I was told by my dermatologist that the skin should be clean and free of fiber leftovers before applying minoxidil so as to maximize absorption. I am not sure if it matters much, but since we are not allowed to be out in direct sunlight, I don't like the idea of having a hat on/off and have fibers all over the place (and have to wash my hair again), as much as I'd like to

On 2/21/2022 at 8:41 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I cut my hair at a #1 guard on Friday for a wedding, the donor looks impeccable after having so many grafts extracted. I’ll post a scalp update in two weeks at my 2 months. I’m in the ugly duckling phase. E47D765E-422B-493D-8788-EA9FDFF559DC.jpegA32B6F87-F464-4057-A8D0-3FF57F8E8BB3.jpeg

Melvin cant wait to see the final results  all the best Im considering booking a consultation with same Doctor who performed youtransplant

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, coronation said:

Melvin cant wait to see the final results  all the best Im considering booking a consultation with same Doctor who performed youtransplant

Thanks man, let me know whoever you choose I’d love to follow your journey.

View my thread