4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s precisely why I make these videos and this thread, so that when OCD guys watch it they can relax. It’s all part of the process. The patchiness and growth will come in the next few months. Once it does, there’s documentation to refer back too.

I think people will never not freak out about this stuff. The good ol' chestnut is:

"Well what if i'm not like him, i'm different?!" 

So they freak out anyways lol. Hopefully this will help quite a few people who maybe can become a bit more tempered with patient education. 

I do think that people don't think long term enough. Like in many ways, 12 months is short term too but they literally want to see that instant gratification i think. It's just the Amazon effect of "Want it and want it now(!)". 

Before we used to have 3-5 working days expectations for stuff ordered online to get to us if not more and not it's literally like person orders something 11.59pm and wants it the next day before 12pm. So yeah, things are definitely more unrealistic in the current social media age and i don't think the fact that these Instagram based hair mills are making things easier when they also probably use photo shop to enhance their results. Wavy lines on straight panels where women digitally try to nip/tuck themselves is common and sometimes obvious, but for men and hair touch ups, it's harder to spot i'd argue. More subtle but effective in many ways and it draws people in deceptively. 

I'm glad there's people like yourself able to be candid and open each step of the way on what to realistically expect, how it really looks and just making guys feel reassured they're generally not the only person experiencing this and alone. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think people will never not freak out about this stuff. The good ol' chestnut is:

"Well what if i'm not like him, i'm different?!" 

So they freak out anyways lol. Hopefully this will help quite a few people who maybe can become a bit more tempered with patient education. 

I do think that people don't think long term enough. Like in many ways, 12 months is short term too but they literally want to see that instant gratification i think. It's just the Amazon effect of "Want it and want it now(!)". 

Before we used to have 3-5 working days expectations for stuff ordered online to get to us if not more and not it's literally like person orders something 11.59pm and wants it the next day before 12pm. So yeah, things are definitely more unrealistic in the current social media age and i don't think the fact that these Instagram based hair mills are making things easier when they also probably use photo shop to enhance their results. Wavy lines on straight panels where women digitally try to nip/tuck themselves is common and sometimes obvious, but for men and hair touch ups, it's harder to spot i'd argue. More subtle but effective in many ways and it draws people in deceptively. 

I'm glad there's people like yourself able to be candid and open each step of the way on what to realistically expect, how it really looks and just making guys feel reassured they're generally not the only person experiencing this and alone. 

It’s very important, I did this myself. I looked to detailed threads here and saw how some guys looked very bad at 2 months, and then boom looked great by 7 months. It’s very reassuring to have this as a patient, so I wanted to take it one step further and have video documentation as well. 

• Like 8

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:27 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys,

I can’t believe it’s been two months, the time is flying. I will say that my hair is probably peak ugly duckling right now. I had quite a bit of shock loss in the midscalp and hairline. It looks very patchy currently, but I do believe the crown has some slight growth. Thank you all for joining me in my journey and shout out to @tony71 nice to virtually meet you 🙏🏼

788C6D34-34B8-4EEF-83DA-1CAF2E72E5B5.jpeg

6D389E9D-E071-4DBC-A98B-FC3C5591104F.jpeg

9A572314-C2D7-45FB-A446-D32A3A899FA1.jpeg

7C9871DA-2553-4640-95CA-423B2E78D1F0.jpeg

1E7ADCA1-5BA7-48A8-A461-776BCB1E7F40.jpeg

Just got around to reading the comments on the forum. It was nice chatting with you on video chat.  You were right the farm house was amazing and Dr Sethi, he’s one of a kind. Amazing man. 

Will be posting my pics soon. 

Now about your  update , if that is your peak of ugly duckling it’s looks amazing and definitely not ugly duckling. At this point , I honestly not sure why you even both with fiber.  Just let it grow out and in a few month you probably have the best hair Transplant!  

Coming along nicely!  Perfect timing too and will set up a fantastic summer for you!!!

I plan to try a new fiber soon and welcome your input so look forward to the review!

Toppik color matches perfectly for me but tends to get that greenish hue after hairspray.  No greenish hue with Febron but those fibers do not adhere as well.

@Melvin- Moderatori got a question for you bud.

So usually they shave the donor area but if i wanted to keep the hair on top because i'm only getting a frontal hairline and temple points transplant done, do you think that would be reasonable? 

The more i've been thinking about it  the more i think it would help me mask the frontal hairline area transplanted and i usually have short back and sides so i expected the donor area healing and growing back might blend back a lot better. Plus there's maybe an easier area of comparison for before and after photos. 

That or do you think it would probably be advised to go completely shaved down.

• Administrators

If you’re transplanting into existing hair, best to shave down. But if it’s in. An area completely bald, then its okay to not shave the top.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you’re transplanting into existing hair, best to shave down. But if it’s in. An area completely bald, then its okay to not shave the top.

Looking at this picture where they have the lines drawn for a proposed hairline, do you think i could get away with just shaving the donor area and leaving the top normal? 

I feel like the main hair transplant is going to be done in areas where there's not a lot of hair and any density added behind wouldn't be a lot of the grafts. 

I have made my peace with shaving down the whole area if needed, but recently just thought i've seen cases where the hair up top was left when a new frontal hairline was being built. 

IMG_20211227_024800.jpg

• Administrators

I think you can get away with not shaving, though expect some shock loss. It is inevitable without shaving. 

• Like 1

View my thread

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think you can get away with not shaving, though expect some shock loss. It is inevitable without shaving. 

Tbh with you, i'm expecting some shock loss around the frontal hairline where the hairs are more fine but i just hope it is more temporary than permanent because they still give a decent visual cover. Almost SMP like i guess in some ways. 

Thanks for replying. I'm going to consult with the clinic on the day as i want the best outcome but if it technically is possible i feel like it's going to be a lot easier to get through the ugly duckling phase with the longer native hair able to mask it i guess. Plus the donor area after a month plus should grow back well enough to just look like a low grade short cut. 

• Administrators

I thought I would post another update, I feel I’m getting closer to baseline. I’m now starting laser therapy, so we will be examining the areas which suffered from shock loss, as well as seeing if new hair grows. 

Here’s how I look now. I’ve circled the section that is shocked. 

B1EB5FBD-58F2-4876-B7B0-80949D0A5EAB.jpeg

96F40237-EC82-49F4-B03D-2178B726B4E5.jpeg

DCC4991E-33C3-4CBD-A35E-7A7CFFB022E9.jpeg

803C5A56-B5AB-4A56-86E0-579931BDEE67.jpeg

• Like 5

View my thread

This is awesome Melvin! Not much in way of research around LLLT post surgery, and it's positive effects to speed up recovery and growth. Even with some of the more followed youtubers and hair enthusiasts, I was not able to find any studies on it's benefits after a HT. Thanks for giving back Melvin, as you are always so good at doing!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 4

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

Those temples are gonna look awesome ..

Only thing ill say is anything lost through Shock will come back.

Thanks for sharing 

Thanks Karl, I’ve been looking at your thread quite a bit, and indeed your shock loss resolved and then some!

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

sick bruhhhhhhhhhhhh. hair storm is brewing 

I sure hope so haha

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Looking good Melvin. I feel that the beginning of a great result is just around the corner. The babes ARE BACK! 👌😂👍

ED44B927-AE61-4081-9FEA-CF318FC63A5A.png

Hahaha 

image.gif

@Zoomster has them all currently.

• Haha 2

View my thread

It is a great progress Melvin. From my own experience I can tell you that shock loss is temporary and those lost hairs will be back.

Good luck with the LLT sessions, But I would not recommend if those are going to cost you a fortune. I have taken around 14 of these and I did not notice any difference.

vlcsnap-2022-03-11-00h30m09s945.png

• Like 3

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Yaasar - The Alpha said:

It is a great progress Melvin. From my own experience I can tell you that shock loss is temporary and those lost hairs will be back.

Good luck with the LLT sessions, But I would not recommend if those are going to cost you a fortune. I have taken around 14 of these and I did not notice any difference.

vlcsnap-2022-03-11-00h30m09s945.png

Yes, it all depends on affordability vs. efficacy. You should post your story here, I’m sure many would love to follow. 

• Like 1

View my thread