4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

On 1/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I’m planning on creating a thread and video on what I propose using.

Hello Melvin Could you please give me an estimate on the cost of each graft for a fue hair transplant  by Dr. Sethi . I have been informed that I require 4000 grafts by by Hansan and wong in Vancouver.  1500 grafts  for the the crown  2500 grafts for the front hairline for a total  cost of 28000.00  dollars  by  the fue method. I have tried to contact India with images but cant seem to get a reply from them up to this point I would be interested in the best package  they have available Thanks much  Mike

3 hours ago, coronation said:

Hello Melvin Could you please give me an estimate on the cost of each graft for a fue hair transplant  by Dr. Sethi . I have been informed that I require 4000 grafts by by Hansan and wong in Vancouver.  1500 grafts  for the the crown  2500 grafts for the front hairline for a total  cost of 28000.00  dollars  by  the fue method. I have tried to contact India with images but cant seem to get a reply from them up to this point I would be interested in the best package  they have available Thanks much  Mike

It's 350 RS + 18% tax which is 413 RS per graft for their top package. That's around $22k USD. If you meant H&W for Canadian Dollar, then it's nearer $28K CAD. 

That's obviously excluding flights and hotels etc. you'd need but procedure to procedure cost. Hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

It's 350 RS + 18% tax which is 413 RS per graft for their top package. That's around $22k USD. If you meant H&W for Canadian Dollar, then it's nearer $28K CAD. 

That's obviously excluding flights and hotels etc. you'd need but procedure to procedure cost. Hope that helps. 

The 350 RS is this with Dr Sethi and Arika plus staying at the farm house? I paid more per grafts

2 minutes ago, tony71 said:

The 350 RS is this with Dr Sethi and Arika plus staying at the farm house? I paid more per grafts

I think you'd have to ask Eugenix directly about the Farmhouse as officially that's not mentioned just 2 nights complimentary stay.

Dr Sethi also chooses which cases he wants to be involved with so you again have to request to Eugenix. 

Why did you say you paid more per graft than the advertised price + tax? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think you'd have to ask Eugenix directly about the Farmhouse as officially that's not mentioned just 2 nights complimentary stay.

Dr Sethi also chooses which cases he wants to be involved with so you again have to request to Eugenix. 

Why did you say you paid more per graft than the advertised price + tax? 

I paid 500 but this includes Dr Sethi doing the extractions. 

33 minutes ago, tony71 said:

I paid 500 but this includes Dr Sethi doing the extractions. 

I think you must have got something more customised because their website when it was working (seems its down atm) says 350RS package has Dr Bansal do 100% of the extractions whereas the Dr Sethi package is a case by case if he chooses you. 

So i genuinely don't know how your price is so high tbh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think you must have got something more customised because their website when it was working (seems its down atm) says 350RS package has Dr Bansal do 100% of the extractions whereas the Dr Sethi package is a case by case if he chooses you. 

So i genuinely don't know how your price is so high tbh. 

I believe it’s customized since he mentioned both founders will be involved. 

• Administrators

Dr. Sethi is more expensive than Dr. Arika, it's around $5-6 per graft. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

30 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Sethi is more expensive than Dr. Arika, it's around $5-6 per graft. 

They may have taken it off their website but that's not quite as accurate because there was 3 packages initially. 120RS involved Dr Arika for hairline design, slits and crucial extraction and then Senior Techs. 210 RS had her be even more involved with extraction of 300-400 grafts and more hands on with the hairline. However, there was a 350 RS package with her fully involved and Dr Sethi was on the 350 RS only package with a case by case disclaimer. 

So, Dr Arika is involved in more packages even now with her dropping the 120 RS completely to just having the senior doctors like Dr Das etc. lead and do stuff to only being on the 210 RS and 350 RS packages only. Personally i think cost shouldn't be a full factor in any decision making but Eugenix are not typically for the top package price any different than anywhere in Europe for top clinics, but they are imo still semi-new so time will hopefully tell if they can keep the consistency of results we come to expect from them and of course the Eugenix brand as its mainly becoming at lower price points with their own capably trained senior doctors and technicians. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

They may have taken it off their website but that's not quite as accurate because there was 3 packages initially. 120RS involved Dr Arika for hairline design, slits and crucial extraction and then Senior Techs. 210 RS had her be even more involved with extraction of 300-400 grafts and more hands on with the hairline. However, there was a 350 RS package with her fully involved and Dr Sethi was on the 350 RS only package with a case by case disclaimer. 

So, Dr Arika is involved in more packages even now with her dropping the 120 RS completely to just having the senior doctors like Dr Das etc. lead and do stuff to only being on the 210 RS and 350 RS packages only. Personally i think cost shouldn't be a full factor in any decision making but Eugenix are not typically for the top package price any different than anywhere in Europe for top clinics, but they are imo still semi-new so time will hopefully tell if they can keep the consistency of results we come to expect from them and of course the Eugenix brand as its mainly becoming at lower price points with their own capably trained senior doctors and technicians. 

I don’t believe Dr. Sethi should be considered a lower price doctor. In my opinion, he’s as skilled as Konior, Cooley, Hasson, De Freitas, Bisanga, Mwamba. All of these surgeons are around the same price, with the exception of a few who are twice as costly. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t believe Dr. Sethi should be considered a lower price doctor. In my opinion, he’s as skilled as Konior, Cooley, Hasson, De Freitas, Bisanga, Mwamba. All of these surgeons are around the same price, with the exception of a few who are twice as costly. 

Don't get me wrong, Dr Sethi is building himself a formidable reputation and track record, but internationally he's still kind of new on the scene really. 2018 onwards is when they started imo coming out from the fringe of just being in India to really getting noticed more Internationally. That 4 year period has had a pandemic for like 2 of them, so it's hard to say where Dr Sethi can remain in such esteemed doctors but i do think they care about their quality and reputation. 

I am planning to go there myself because of their specific history with being able to do temple point recreation which very few clinics seem adept at and particularly for the budget i had. 

If i had a higher budget, i may have opted for Dr Arika or Dr Sethi but i am reassured with the results shown off even on here i'd be in good hands with Dr Das who is scheduled to be my lead surgeon for the procedure hopefully in May. 

I was leaning to them prior to joining this forum but seeing all the guys here and their results as well as talking to people like @MazAB made me feel more confident in going ahead with Eugenix. I am a touch disappointed that i did miss out on Dr Arika being involved still in the 120 RS package i chose but very happy i got to speak with Dr Das and she put my mind at complete rest and feeling i was in good hands alongside a chat with Armen. 

Generally, i think it's best to go by your own experience and results, but the confidence from others is making me feel comfortable in the choice as well as yourself having been there albeit i would say your situations probably a little bit more VIP than the rest. Nothing wrong with that, just not quite indicative of what i will get and most i guess. 

Edited by NARMAK
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Alright guys,

I can’t believe it’s been two months, the time is flying. I will say that my hair is probably peak ugly duckling right now. I had quite a bit of shock loss in the midscalp and hairline. It looks very patchy currently, but I do believe the crown has some slight growth. Thank you all for joining me in my journey and shout out to @tony71 nice to virtually meet you 🙏🏼

788C6D34-34B8-4EEF-83DA-1CAF2E72E5B5.jpeg

6D389E9D-E071-4DBC-A98B-FC3C5591104F.jpeg

9A572314-C2D7-45FB-A446-D32A3A899FA1.jpeg

7C9871DA-2553-4640-95CA-423B2E78D1F0.jpeg

1E7ADCA1-5BA7-48A8-A461-776BCB1E7F40.jpeg

• Like 4

View my thread

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Would you consider a point of shaving all the hair on the top at the same length when growth begins in the 3rd month? or will you let it all grow wild and get a haircut in the following month? 😁

I’ve considered shaving it, but I’ve only kept it long so I can document it as transparent as possible. Plus longer hair helps with fibers. I can look pretty good with fibers. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

looking good melvin....hair storm coming very soon @Melvin- Moderator

It can’t come soon enough 😁

• Like 1

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve considered shaving it, but I’ve only kept it long so I can document it as transparent as possible. Plus longer hair helps with fibers. I can look pretty good with fibers. 

Can you post a photo of yourself with hair fibers? Just curious how much of an impact fibers have on the appearance. 

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

@Melvin- Moderator how do you pick your fiber color? I'm thinking about buying some but I'm just not sure what color to choose. Did it take you a couple of times to get it just right? 

My hair is dark brown almost black so it was easy for me, if you have dark hair then dark brown is probably the best color.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Melvin I hope you are happy with the progression of the hair growth so far  2 months in and counting If it was me it would probably be too anxious and almost obsessive lol There does seem to be some patchy spots but Im sure they will fill in It takes a lot of courage to travel the distance you did and also under go a hair transplant I always enjoy seeing the progress and results of your hair journey. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, coronation said:

Melvin I hope you are happy with the progression of the hair growth so far  2 months in and counting If it was me it would probably be too anxious and almost obsessive lol There does seem to be some patchy spots but Im sure they will fill in It takes a lot of courage to travel the distance you did and also under go a hair transplant I always enjoy seeing the progress and results of your hair journey. 

That’s precisely why I make these videos and this thread, so that when OCD guys watch it they can relax. It’s all part of the process. The patchiness and growth will come in the next few months. Once it does, there’s documentation to refer back too.

• Like 2

View my thread