4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s a three week difference, once I started using the laser helmet. The same room, very close to the same lighting and angle. 

F8F10996-00B6-4F7C-B71B-0016F35461B2.jpeg

Wow! Do you have a link for the helmet where to buy? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, tony71 said:

Wow! Do you have a link for the helmet where to buy? 

You can buy it anywhere the one I used is called lasercap. It’s pretty expensive. I was going to see if it worked before asking them to set up like a discount code for the forum.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can buy it anywhere the one I used is called lasercap. It’s pretty expensive. I was going to see if it worked before asking them to set up like a discount code for the forum.

It looks like it’s working. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, tony71 said:

It looks like it’s working. 

Yea definitely working in my opinion. Worthy investment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea definitely working in my opinion. Worthy investment. 

I guess it's hard to truly know if it's working. How would you know that without using it, you wouldn't have had the same growth? Genuine question as I'm always a little skeptical about these things that seem like snake oil to me. Your hair obviously looks thicker. Is it brushed back in the 2nd picture, because in the 1st it's pretty spiked up?

I know you said you were measuring your hair as well but I still wonder how you'll ever know if the growth wasn't from vitamins and minoxidil? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I guess it's hard to truly know if it's working. How would you know that without using it, you wouldn't have had the same growth? Genuine question as I'm always a little skeptical about these things that seem like snake oil to me. Your hair obviously looks thicker. Is it brushed back in the 2nd picture, because in the 1st it's pretty spiked up?

I know you said you were measuring your hair as well but I still wonder how you'll ever know if the growth wasn't from vitamins and minoxidil? 

I didn’t style my hair any differently. For me, it’s quite obvious its accelerating my hair growth. Just three weeks ago it was a lot shorter and sparse. Now, I’m not saying it wouldn’t eventually get there, but it’s definitely speeding up the process. Both pictures are in same location, angle and lighting. Hair is the same except longer. 

• Like 2

View my thread

OK, now I'm officially a believer! Bravo to you Melvin on identifying a void of study and going after it! Exactly what the hair restoration community needs. This study will help many post op👍 Love the progress!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, sr1486 said:

gonna look great I think. question: Do you have DUPA? my sides of my hair look similar to yours, I think I may have it.

No DUPA, I had DPA diffuse pattern alopecia.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, MazAB said:

OK, now I'm officially a believer! Bravo to you Melvin on identifying a void of study and going after it! Exactly what the hair restoration community needs. This study will help many post op👍 Love the progress!

Thanks Armen, you and Ian were the ones who gave me the idea.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Before the last transplant, what was your hair fibers regimen like? Would you apply it in the morning and wash it off every evening?

And have you considered getting an SMP for an illusion of density? Hair fibers definitely look more realistic but you can get "caught" without them if you know what I mean.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, bald-and-bearded said:

Before the last transplant, what was your hair fibers regimen like? Would you apply it in the morning and wash it off every evening?

And have you considered getting an SMP for an illusion of density? Hair fibers definitely look more realistic but you can get "caught" without them if you know what I mean.

I applied fibers on the weekends. I’m pretty open about it, so no getting “caught” for me, my hair looked decent enough without fibers. I just needed a little in the crown. 

View my thread

First I heard of any laser therapy having such a drastic results in only 3 weeks. 

I think you probably would have gotten the same results without using the lasercap since you're growing your hair back out from a HT.   

Either way...     You do amazing work for the community.   Rooting for to bro.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Etownone said:

First I heard of any laser therapy having such a drastic results in only 3 weeks. 

I think you probably would have gotten the same results without using the lasercap since you're growing your hair back out from a HT.   

Either way...     You do amazing work for the community.   Rooting for to bro.  

It’s possible, but given how slow my hair was growing before, my guess is that it would’ve taken much longer than three weeks to grow this much. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Can we get an update of the donor areas? (donor zone - scalp, and a beard when its long and next time you trim?)

The post op looks remarkably clean and following your pictures it looks like you have very minimal shock loss to the existing hairs. I think you hair type is more medium which makes it look more ugly duckling but honestly I think youre growing your hair out pretty fast. It actually looks really good. I think youre going to have a really strong growth rate by month 5 at the rate its growing.

Would you ever consider doing PRP? It may help in the early phase if you have 3 sessions one month apart (there are groupon discounts you can probably find to have it done for $75-199 for individual sessions)

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Where's that 4 month update 🤙

I’m only at three months, I’ll post it by tomorrow. I’m working on the video. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Sorry guys, I have been trying to get my post out, but I have been super busy. I promise I will post soon. I will try and show some pictures of my donor and my beard. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
6 hours ago, SoSoz said:

Are you on finasteride? I've seen one of your 2019 videos where you had amazing hair but in 2022 looks like you lost some thickness and hair

I am not on finasteride. I had an HT at the beginning of 2022, suffered a lot of shock loss. It’s been slowly recovering. The process hasn’t been easy. But once it starts growing, it’ll all be worth it. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Alright guys, 

Here's my three month update, long overdue

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

View my thread

Thank you, your updates are really helping me get through the next 3 months - can’t wait till July! You are back to baseline which means everything from now is a bonus and I am predicting a stellar head of hair as the bonus!!! Best of luck and thanks again for the regular updates

• Administrators

Yea still early days, look forward to the next few months. Hopefully, I get a growth spurt soon. 

View my thread