4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Hi Melvin! Big fan of yours on youtube (lots of useful surgery information) and I decided to post here. You helped me decide to fill out my NW 3 and a year down the line it's full enough for 2.5k grafts! Rest I have kept on Finasteride which I started a few years ago. I really admire you putting in the money and time from where you started as it's a way more  complex case. Personally I would have shaved as I know I wouldn't be happy with the density and you mentioned and showed the reality of transplants with that thread and definitely it's hard under lights for people with just transplanted hair on top. I mean mine doesn't hold up too great under very bright lights but it's enough as the surgical area was small and densely packed to mitigate a little.

In your case do you think you could have got better results for 9k grafts? As you have really nice donor (at least medium thickness and a smallish head), was it Diep's earlier work that was thinner or some grafts didn't take even now ? Not hating at all please don't think that is the case, your hair looks decent but it's still quite thin and patchy whereas I see people with less calibre having thicker results?

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, chaku said:

Hi Melvin! Big fan of yours on youtube (lots of useful surgery information) and I decided to post here. You helped me decide to fill out my NW 3 and a year down the line it's full enough for 2.5k grafts! Rest I have kept on Finasteride which I started a few years ago. I really admire you putting in the money and time from where you started as it's a way more  complex case. Personally I would have shaved as I know I wouldn't be happy with the density and you mentioned and showed the reality of transplants with that thread and definitely it's hard under lights for people with just transplanted hair on top. I mean mine doesn't hold up too great under very bright lights but it's enough as the surgical area was small and densely packed to mitigate a little.

In your case do you think you could have got better results for 9k grafts? As you have really nice donor (at least medium thickness and a smallish head), was it Diep's earlier work that was thinner or some grafts didn't take even now ? Not hating at all please don't think that is the case, your hair looks decent but it's still quite thin and patchy whereas I see people with less calibre having thicker results?

My first HT wasn't a success. That was 1,800 grafts, that could have been utilized better. I'm only 4.5 months from my last surgery, so I don't really count the 9K grafts. Right now, it's more like 6k grafts that have grown so far. Never compare results. No two people are the same. Someone may appear to have thinner hair, or have more hair loss, but the reality may be different. Even if you go to the same doctor, results will vary from person to person. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

My first HT wasn't a success. That was 1,800 grafts, that could have been utilized better. I'm only 4.5 months from my last surgery, so I don't really count the 9K grafts. Right now, it's more like 6k grafts that have grown so far. Never compare results. No two people are the same. Someone may appear to have thinner hair, or have more hair loss, but the reality may be different. Even if you go to the same doctor, results will vary from person to person. 

@Melvin- Moderator your results are fantastic! I’ve been a member of the community for close to a decade and have seen you since before you ran the site / if anyone deserves solution this complete it’s you :) congrats! 

I am a norwood 6/7 with some retrograde with a (relatively) similar pattern to you and a (relatively) thick beard as well. I did an SMP treatment years ago because I always keep my head buzzed with a 0 guard (and I’m happy!). But now that my hair loss is basiiiically setting in completey, I don’t like the SMP without the texture. 

SO, I wanted to ask - is all your hair on top transplanted at this point?

Because even if I can get a third of what you’ve gotten, with the (minimal) scarring you have, I think it would be a perfect solution for me. Just to get a little texture on top. I can maybe get away with using only beard/body just to get that 3D look around my head. It totally makes the SMP way more believable just to have some. 

anyways… is it all transplanted? Should i talk to Dr. Sethi? Dr. Mwamba and Umar have both told me that 4K grafts spread around my head, whether it’s beard body or scalp would Be enough for me (even as a full Nw 7) to make the SMP realistic. Would love to know your thoughts :) 

enjoy life! 

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Ganderson said:

@Melvin- Moderator your results are fantastic! I’ve been a member of the community for close to a decade and have seen you since before you ran the site / if anyone deserves solution this complete it’s you :) congrats! 

I am a norwood 6/7 with some retrograde with a (relatively) similar pattern to you and a (relatively) thick beard as well. I did an SMP treatment years ago because I always keep my head buzzed with a 0 guard (and I’m happy!). But now that my hair loss is basiiiically setting in completey, I don’t like the SMP without the texture. 

SO, I wanted to ask - is all your hair on top transplanted at this point?

Because even if I can get a third of what you’ve gotten, with the (minimal) scarring you have, I think it would be a perfect solution for me. Just to get a little texture on top. I can maybe get away with using only beard/body just to get that 3D look around my head. It totally makes the SMP way more believable just to have some. 

anyways… is it all transplanted? Should i talk to Dr. Sethi? Dr. Mwamba and Umar have both told me that 4K grafts spread around my head, whether it’s beard body or scalp would Be enough for me (even as a full Nw 7) to make the SMP realistic. Would love to know your thoughts :) 

enjoy life! 

I would say around 90% of my hair is transplanted. I still have some miniaturized hair. I’ve been using minoxidil, revivv, nizoral, and the laser helmet to keep. Consult with many, you’ve got some good names. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say around 90% of my hair is transplanted. I still have some miniaturized hair. I’ve been using minoxidil, revivv, nizoral, and the laser helmet to keep. Consult with many, you’ve got some good names. 

I think it's kind of funny how when i've had my hair buzzed down post-transplant and i've been on medication like Dutasteride for a year, there was definitely very, very fine looking hair in spots and i hope like you mentioned that medication etc. can help them thicken up. 

Dr Das told me my whorl pattern is  central and why it works against me too for looking and feeling thinner but she did think the medication would help me in that area too. I'm just over 12 months in that respect and people who have used it for significantly longer seem to say their hair is still continuing to improve with medication. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderatorany updates?

I’ll be posting an update today. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators

Here is my five month update with some comparisons from 4 months to 5 months. 

D71CDF4C-E102-4697-8D39-CE23BFFB842F.jpg

632A943F-5137-4BA2-BB72-F29CA64B7BD4.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

View my thread

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, sl said:

Coming in nicely Mel..

Thanks mate 🙏🏼

View my thread

You must be stoked--all around major improvement. Pretty soon you will have Clark Gable jealous and you will be donating your fibers. Do you have any gut feel on how much difference the laser cap makes?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kirkland said:

Looking great!

Thanks Ian, seeing your latest updates made me excited for my own journey.

View my thread

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Mountinvan said:

You must be stoked--all around major improvement. Pretty soon you will have Clark Gable jealous and you will be donating your fibers. Do you have any gut feel on how much difference the laser cap makes?

I think the lasercap has helped me stop shedding. I hardly shed at all when showering. If I had to put a percentage maybe 40%. 

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here is my five mont update with some comparisons from 4 months to 5 months. 

D71CDF4C-E102-4697-8D39-CE23BFFB842F.jpg

632A943F-5137-4BA2-BB72-F29CA64B7BD4.jpg

Wow, that's a really visible jump from Month 4 to Month 5 on coverage. To think you have another 7 ahead of you, exciting times ahead! 

I definitely think your anecdotal use results on the laser cap are interesting too. 

• Like 1

This is now looking very good. Quite a big difference from month 4 - 5. I expect these considerable changes to continue for the next few months and you'll end up with a very pleasing result. 

• Like 1

Holy hell the difference between month 3 and 4 wasn't much, but 4 to 5 is absolutely massive. Congrats man -- looks like it'll be a very full crown soon!!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks guys,

The biggest lesson I’ve learned is to be patient. I say this all day, but when it’s your own experience, easier said than done. I believe I’ll probably be the type of patient that sees improvements up until 18 months.

I’ve seen slow, but steady improvements each month. I’m definitely no freak of nature, like some guys, and that’s okay. We’re all individuals and mustn’t get discouraged. Compare yourself to you. 

Fun months ahead!

• Like 5

View my thread