4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

@Melvin- ModeratorWith the fibers in the crown it looks like you never suffered a day of hair loss in your life. The frontal region already has such a natural appearance where no one would ever guess you had any work done, so I agree, ditch the fibers in the front, and in no time at all the crown will take care of itself with zero dependencies on fibers!💪 Best of all a happy wife / happy life not cleaning up the overspill of fibers on the vanity countertop!🤣 The UD phase officially behind you my friend 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I just used some fibers, it’s look pretty good with fibers, I may do another tutorial on how to use fibers. I didn’t use any fibers in the hairline, only the crown and midscalp.

From my experience, powder fibers work best for crown and midscalp. For the hairline i use fibers in spray, so much better. 

On 4/9/2022 at 2:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I just used some fibers, it’s look pretty good with fibers, I may do another tutorial on how to use fibers. I didn’t use any fibers in the hairline, only the crown and midscalp.

Also, I just looked at my previous crown picture from three weeks ago, and it definitely looks like some growth is happening.

4B17CE96-F1C9-41DA-A485-DC4510CBEC29.jpeg

B2C9C827-26BF-4D72-865B-D8E55B6D2BE4.jpeg

3093779D-F31B-446D-93E5-D3D0934B0A13.jpeg

EB4257DC-B583-4368-B22F-629A4C028368.jpeg

0E3ED937-8130-46B8-AA7B-40E3B687386F.jpeg

0D4D1AEC-BAB9-4F5E-98FF-4BEA1E4FDD06.jpeg

MELVIN The results in this pic are quite impressive  Do you have fibres in the crown area.. would like to see the results i without any applied,if you  do

• Administrators
1 hour ago, coronation said:

MELVIN The results in this pic are quite impressive  Do you have fibres in the crown area.. would like to see the results i without any applied,if you  do

I have fibers in these pictures, but I did post this picture without fibers

image.jpeg
below is the most recent.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I’m planning on creating a thread and video on what I propose using.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, Curious25 said:

How were you able to buy it? 

On 4/9/2022 at 2:53 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Also, I just looked at my previous crown picture from three weeks ago, and it definitely looks like some growth is happening.

4B17CE96-F1C9-41DA-A485-DC4510CBEC29.jpeg

B2C9C827-26BF-4D72-865B-D8E55B6D2BE4.jpeg

3093779D-F31B-446D-93E5-D3D0934B0A13.jpeg

EB4257DC-B583-4368-B22F-629A4C028368.jpeg

0E3ED937-8130-46B8-AA7B-40E3B687386F.jpeg

0D4D1AEC-BAB9-4F5E-98FF-4BEA1E4FDD06.jpeg

Melvin thanks for the transparency There is a dramatic difference between the crown area pic displaying   the one using the fibre and the  one not But there is also a major difference in growth between the 2 pics without the fibres iyour  crown area. Its obvious progress is happening slowly , but surely  Cheers buddy 

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, coronation said:

Melvin thanks for the transparency There is a dramatic difference between the crown area pic displaying   the one using the fibre and the  one not But there is also a major difference in growth between the 2 pics without the fibres iyour  crown area. Its obvious progress is happening slowly , but surely  Cheers buddy 

Yes fibers when done right, are basically miraculous. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

You might have answered this at some point in the past already - but why didn't you go back to Dr. Diep? And are you on any meds?

I'm about two years out from my Diep work and I am getting increasingly less satisfied with the section of my hairline that seemed to come out far less dense than the other, but I don't think I will be going back to Diep for a second pass. One of the still yet-to-be-known factors is what damage, if any, Diep did to the donor area. It "looked" really bad post-op but I am not sure if that actually means anything for future FUE.

Edited by FUEblonde1985

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, FUEblonde1985 said:

You might have answered this at some point in the past already - but why didn't you go back to Dr. Diep? And are you on any meds?

I'm about two years out from my Diep work and I am getting increasingly less satisfied with the section of my hairline that seemed to come out far less dense than the other, but I don't think I will be going back to Diep for a second pass. One of the still yet-to-be-known factors is what damage, if any, Diep did to the donor area. It "looked" really bad post-op but I am not sure if that actually means anything for future FUE.

He doesn’t do BHT, I needed BHT. I would’ve definitely gone back, my results were great. From what I remember you had some thinning in an area where you didn’t get grafts near the midscalp. Would be interested to see an update. I think I asked you to post a while back but you never did. 

View my thread

35 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

He doesn’t do BHT, I needed BHT. I would’ve definitely gone back, my results were great. From what I remember you had some thinning in an area where you didn’t get grafts near the midscalp. Would be interested to see an update. I think I asked you to post a while back but you never did. 

Ah I see. That’s what I get for not reading the full post. 

The issue I had was not at the mid scalp. I had hair transplanted at the hairline and filling in temple areas, but one of the temple areas came out much more sparse than the other. I can style over it well enough but that area of the hairline is clearly missing some density. I could tell the tech doing that side was new because I listened to both techs talk for hours while they did the work.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, FUEblonde1985 said:

Ah I see. That’s what I get for not reading the full post. 

The issue I had was not at the mid scalp. I had hair transplanted at the hairline and filling in temple areas, but one of the temple areas came out much more sparse than the other. I can style over it well enough but that area of the hairline is clearly missing some density. I could tell the tech doing that side was new because I listened to both techs talk for hours while they did the work.

Would be nice for an updated post. Last I recall your hair looked good, but that was a few years ago. 

View my thread

On 4/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, mark2137 said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator, could you please describe your hairline management during all surgeries? That was your 4th surgery. Shouldn't you have your hairline fixed after the second/third one?

Was it like "ok, let's be conservatise, you still have your crown to do - if your donor allows, we will lower it later"?

Did you have some discussion before the latest one "do you want to transplant more grafts into your crown or less grafts there and we will lower the hairline?"?

The reason I ask, I'm 27, just after the first surgery, certain about the next one in the future and I thought the hairline is now done-done. Next time I will cover midscalp and (probably) add more grafts to the crown. Is there any rulebook?

Hi @Melvin- Moderator, in case you missed it and have some time to replay, I will be grateful :)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, mark2137 said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator, in case you missed it and have some time to replay, I will be grateful :)

Watch this video, starting at 2:00

View my thread

• Administrators

Improvement is definitely happening, top picture March 17th, bottom April 16th. 
FBC0EFB6-DC6D-4270-8809-F23A9713C16E.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread

39 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It looks like you have new growth kicking off. Be great to see how it develops over the next few months too. 

I can also imagine the fibres are definitely helping out atm to give that fuller look. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 8:19 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It's looking better for sure, I believe it takes longer for transplanted hair to push out when implanted in already scarred skin due to the skin being harder, alteast this is what a doc told me during consultation, he said the results are delayed 1 or 2 months compared to normal.. really rooting for you Melvin

• Like 1

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Nccan said:

It's looking better for sure, I believe it takes longer for transplanted hair to push out when implanted in already scarred skin due to the skin being harder, alteast this is what a doc told me during consultation, he said the results are delayed 1 or 2 months compared to normal.. really rooting for you Melvin

Thanks man, yea it’s slowly coming in, I know the crown takes longer. I also had shock loss. I forgot how tumultuous this whole process was, but in a year from now I know these days will be behind me. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators

2.5 months vs. 3.5 months, even though it still looks bald, you can see the difference when compared. That’s why it’s so important to document your pictures. Never compare yourself to others progress, just your own. 
32F4CB9C-6368-4515-ADD8-C39AF0C7BEA4.jpeg

• Like 7

View my thread

20 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

2.5 months vs. 3.5 months, even though it still looks bald, you can see the difference when compared. That’s why it’s so important to document your pictures. Never compare yourself to others progress, just your own. 

That's a really important point. Not just documenting the pictures to try be objective BUT more importantly not comparing your results with somebody else. 

It's like bodybuilding where one guys just a super freak and barely does anything and gets jacked, whereas you grind every day for hours on end and barely feel there's progress lol. You just have to focus on yourself, adjust and blank out everything else. I think a lot of late growers would benefit from not comparing their results tbh. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

you shold get a zero fade around the sides makes the top look thicker.

Progress is looking good. 4-4 months is usually the best

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

you shold get a zero fade around the sides makes the top look thicker.

Progress is looking good. 4-4 months is usually the best

I cut my hair last weekend, 1/2 guard on the sides. Zero is too short for me, I prefer having some length. The donor management I have to say has been off the charts. It really is amazing to see my donor look better after surgery. 

69007B7F-BD83-441A-9A0E-F6C50840BC9E.jpeg

• Like 3

View my thread