4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

Just caught up with the latest update - honestly I think this is gonna look unreal Melvin. So excited for you.

I’m actually in India right now about to have day 3 of surgery with ~4600 grafts. Will be making a thread for sure once I’m home. I said hi on behalf of the folks at HRN - the staff at Eugenix are all so incredibly kind.

• Like 3

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

Hi Melvin, the ht looks amazing! 

I am going to have mine at Eugenix in March, can't wait!

I have a few concerns about traveling, but I see you actually came from the Maldives, so you managed to combine holiday with it, which is something I would like to do as well (maybe Thailand for 2 weeks before going to India)

Was it hard for you to travel multulle countries during Covid times (airport checks, delays, etc) or was it all smooth sailing?

I'm from Italy so regulations are different, but once in India I'm sure everything is pretty much the same. I already have my medical visa, but if you have any suggestion or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

One last question: I read that there is a 10 days self quarantine at arrival in India, so once you arrived you had to wait or you got the visit and surgery sooner?

Just to make sure I don't get stuck for too long, I plan to stay a max of 10 days total.

Thanks for all the useful info, I will create a thread soon as well to document my journey!

• Administrators
On 2/6/2022 at 6:24 AM, rob7331 said:

Just caught up with the latest update - honestly I think this is gonna look unreal Melvin. So excited for you.

I’m actually in India right now about to have day 3 of surgery with ~4600 grafts. Will be making a thread for sure once I’m home. I said hi on behalf of the folks at HRN - the staff at Eugenix are all so incredibly kind.

Awesome man, can’t wait to see your journey 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, quillum said:

I have a few concerns about traveling, but I see you actually came from the Maldives, so you managed to combine holiday with it, which is something I would like to do as well (maybe Thailand for 2 weeks before going to India)

Was it hard for you to travel multulle countries during Covid times (airport checks, delays, etc) or was it all smooth sailing?

I'm from Italy so regulations are different, but once in India I'm sure everything is pretty much the same. I already have my medical visa, but if you have any suggestion or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

One last question: I read that there is a 10 days self quarantine at arrival in India, so once you arrived you had to wait or you got the visit and surgery sooner?

Just to make sure I don't get stuck for too long, I plan to stay a max of 10 days total.

Thanks for all the useful info, I will create a thread soon as well to document my journey!

I traveled to three countries in three weeks. Maldives, India, and Dubai. The biggest hassle is getting the rapid PCR tests. Most of them are in the airport, if you’re on holiday, the hotel or resort may do it for you. Make sure you check with the country you’re entering requirements. For example, Dubai required a one hour PCR test. India and Maldives one day. That’s really the biggest hassle.

As far as I’m aware, the quarantine issue in India doesn’t prevent you from receiving medical treatment, so it’s not an issue for your HT. I stayed 6 days in India. There’s a curfew, which again is lifted if you’re coming from getting your procedure done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, quillum said:

I would honestly urge you to get any Visa sorted ASAP. It can take longer than you sometimes think. 

2 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I would honestly urge you to get any Visa sorted ASAP. It can take longer than you sometimes think. 

I already have my medical Visa for India actually!

The staff at Eugenix gave me a certificate so I could apply for the visa,  so all good with that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quillum said:

I already have my medical Visa for India actually!

The staff at Eugenix gave me a certificate so I could apply for the visa,  so all good with that!

That's good. Depending on where you live, it apparently is super easy with like an eVisa or a complete nightmare and nerve wracking for like a month wait to have it confirmed. 

11 hours ago, quillum said:

I read that there is a 10 days self quarantine at arrival in India

10 days quarantine upon entering India hasn't been in effect for months. I went mid-October last year. Was told by Eugenix that the mandatory quarantine was no longer in effect.

Though, when I arrived in Delhi, the authorities stamped my neg proof of COVID document with a stamp saying I had to quarantine for 10 days! Completely freaked me out because I was flying out in 5 days! Turned out that wasn't the case but, yeah, the 10 days quarantine mandate is still floating out there....

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kirkland said:

10 days quarantine upon entering India hasn't been in effect for months. I went mid-October last year. Was told by Eugenix that the mandatory quarantine was no longer in effect.

Though, when I arrived in Delhi, the authorities stamped my neg proof of COVID document with a stamp saying I had to quarantine for 10 days! Completely freaked me out because I was flying out in 5 days! Turned out that wasn't the case but, yeah, the 10 days quarantine mandate is still floating out there....

Agreed, I don’t believe it’s enforced at all. If you leave it will be with a Eugenix driver, and they have medical waiver. So really it’s a non-issue.

• Like 1

View my thread

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Agreed, I don’t believe it’s enforced at all. If you leave it will be with a Eugenix driver, and they have medical waiver. So really it’s a non-issue.

great, I think I'll just travel to Kerala for a couple days, when surgery and first recovery is done!
What about the headwash, the staff at Eugenix told me that it should be done at the clinic a week after the surgery... did you do it there as well, or you left earlier?
I don't understand if it's something optional or if it's important to do it at the clinic.
thanks
Andrea

• Administrators

I know some of you were interested in knowing ore about BHT, I give an update here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I know some of you were interested in knowing ore about BHT, I give an update here

Good video.   👍👍👍

What about ingrown hairs in the beard donor area?      I haven't heard you mention getting any,   but many others have.   

I'm currently experiencing some ingrown hairs in my beard donor area,  due to recent BHT,  and trying to find the best way to treat them. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Good video.   👍👍👍

What about ingrown hairs in the beard donor area?      I haven't heard you mention getting any,   but many others have.   

I'm currently experiencing some ingrown hairs in my beard donor area,  due to recent BHT,  and trying to find the best way to treat them. 

I didn’t experience any ingrown hairs. There’s medication you can take to help. Reach out to Dr. Mwamba.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

On 1/24/2022 at 1:47 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I’m planning on creating a thread and video on what I propose using.

Melvin 

- have you created a video yet or thread of what you propose using for maximizing growth post FUE

Thx

AJ

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, VJ76 said:

Melvin 

- have you created a video yet or thread of what you propose using for maximizing growth post FUE

Thx

AJ

Not yet, I’ll post it this Friday.

• Like 1

View my thread

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator- Good video- thanks for putting this together!

You mention, exhausting scalp grafts 1st, however, I think it is best to work with a surgeon who can properly assess your scalp donor potential, likelihood of further hair loss and then decide when and how to infuse beard hairs...which might be on a 1st of 2 or 3 surgeries for a high norwood.

As for percentage yields, I know you mention that your figures are just an approximate, however, I have heard many variations of the yield statistics from top BHT doctors. I heard Dr. Sethi say 90% for beard and 98% for scalp :).

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 2/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, SLA said:

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator- Good video- thanks for putting this together!

You mention, exhausting scalp grafts 1st, however, I think it is best to work with a surgeon who can properly assess your scalp donor potential, likelihood of further hair loss and then decide when and how to infuse beard hairs...which might be on a 1st of 2 or 3 surgeries for a high norwood.

As for percentage yields, I know you mention that your figures are just an approximate, however, I have heard many variations of the yield statistics from top BHT doctors. I heard Dr. Sethi say 90% for beard and 98% for scalp :).

It’s definitely less than 90% Dr. Arika who’s the one who does BHT extractions said 80%. I would go with that, I still believe scalp first always and beard last resort.

View my thread

• Administrators

Alright guys, 
Gonna have valentines dinner with my wife tonight, but I’m tired of wearing a hat. Is this passable with hair fibers? Did it really quick just to test. Be honest, yay or nay?

79AB0F3E-3E83-4A9A-BA00-E875A0E04885.jpeg

2D0496AE-9CFA-4B73-8F1C-BB5D31C17365.jpeg

70FE80AA-EA4D-48B3-A451-8436391C395B.jpeg

493D0F9E-DC1F-43ED-9F75-E9F528C2BFCA.jpeg

FE36D169-3B39-4B02-8524-83D4B90F3563.jpeg

• Like 4

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys, 
Gonna have valentines dinner with my wife tonight, but I’m tired of wearing a hat. Is this passable with hair fibers? Did it really quick just to test. Be honest, yay or nay?

Looking good. But can we see without fiber too. Maybe you don’t even need it. 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys, 

Good bye hat !!

Very well concealed Melvin,  enjoy the night my friend!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, tony71 said:

Looking good. But can we see without fiber too. Maybe you don’t even need it. 

No, I definitely need it, I’m in the ugliest duckling phase deep in it 😢 I’ll post my update next two weeks. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Good bye hat !!

Very well concealed Melvin,  enjoy the night my friend!

Thank you Ryan, can’t wait to see your journey.

View my thread