4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

On 2/24/2023 at 6:59 PM, Der3k7 said:

Do you think I should switch to duasteride xyon? Instead of the finasteride 

I asked hw and he suggested I switch over too because duasteride is better. 

have you ever thought about doing scalp micro pigmentation as like a “permanent topik”?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 1:20 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Final update. It's been a helluva year. So much has changed. I want to thank all of you who have followed my journey. I know I said this would be my last, but i'm considering getting one more 😏 hair greed has got me.

Amazing transformation @Melvin- Moderator 
What a comeback from your original look. just WOW! 

84A39901-FEC1-4011-B52B-233FB724D1E3.jpe

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, OliverAtom said:

Amazing transformation @Melvin- Moderator 
What a comeback from your original look. just WOW! 

84A39901-FEC1-4011-B52B-233FB724D1E3.jpe

This was after my first failed HT 

90100F81-861B-4A07-BE27-10B0A26C0EE1.jpeg

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 3/17/2023 at 12:53 PM, Der3k7 said:

How many grafts in the crown did you get in this surgery? 

I don’t know exactly, I believe around 1,500. I’m still considering one more surgery.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, BaldV said:

didnt know you had a failed ht, is there somewhere I can see your whole journey?

I don’t have my whole journey. I’m considering making a video soon.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Administrators

I was looking back at old photo albums from 2014. I stumbled on this picture. I replaced my closet mirrors with closet doors, but this picture was taken in the exact same place 9 years apart. 

I’m so grateful to have found this community. It truly changed my life. Thank you all who have participated, shared, commented and posted. I really appreciate you all. Sometimes we have to remember how far we’ve come. 

Never did I ever imagine being able to achieve what I achieved. I can’t wait to see what another 10 years has in store. 

6E8ADC60-ABD4-414F-BCA6-96A815697F7F.jpeg517B8AAD-A051-43C4-A102-65EF9B0AB4F0.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

View my thread

This transformation is definitely life changing, and only us who been there can truly relate on every level the happiness it brings, very happy for you brother!  My life has also changed for the better since undergoing ht. i really think govn’t should mandate tax write off on ht. why? Because the confidence that ht brings leads us to higher paying jobs, being more productive members of society & hence paying higher taxes on more income😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Valued Contributor

Your journey Melvin is both inspirational and gratefully appreciated by everyone here none more than myself. If it wasn't for you my man (and this forum and it's members) I would never have even considered, let alone had, life changing surgery for the better. I know that I speak for so many here. 💯🙏

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I was looking back at old photo albums from 2014. I stumbled on this picture. I replaced my closet mirrors with closet doors, but this picture was taken in the exact same place 9 years apart. 

I’m so grateful to have found this community. It truly changed my life. Thank you all who have participated, shared, commented and posted. I really appreciate you all. Sometimes we have to remember how far we’ve come. 

Never did I ever imagine being able to achieve what I achieved. I can’t wait to see what another 10 years has in store. 

6E8ADC60-ABD4-414F-BCA6-96A815697F7F.jpeg517B8AAD-A051-43C4-A102-65EF9B0AB4F0.jpeg

Sensational @Melvin- Moderator! Enjoy every bit of it…you deserve it!

• Like 3

On 1/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Just chiming in to say the Slick Gorilla sea salt spray is pretty legit.

I concur.  Tested myself to rule out the typical "Melvin the Magician" we consistently see particularly with fibers.  The difference from my previous bad experience was following Melvin's blow-drying technique after application...that's key.  It definitely creates noticeably more density/thickness.  I will eventually try blow drying with the high-end brand as well since I still have it.

Although the sea salt was a more unique texture (I liked this), I do achieve a similar density result with 2 coats Rave hairspray (combed thru after dry).  I noticed about 25% less volume with sea salt vs my usual Rave routine which makes sense because of the added salt weight.  

Gonna stick with my usual routine for the extra volume but do plan on trying the sea salt this summer for beach days (Chicago has beaches for those who did not know).  I think it’s effective enough to liven my hair on days I skip washing it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Wanted to give you guys an update, my crown has really improved. Combining the HT + Topical Dutasteride has been amazing for me. Here’s my crown after a shower with wet hair and a comparison.

ea5ba397-4bf7-4eda-9f2b-466b6a1ea7fd.jpeg
243B9D74-A107-428F-BD9A-0927AD9F5E9F.jpeg

• Like 12

View my thread

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, sl said:

Looks amazing Mel..

Thanks Mate 🙏 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wanted to give you guys an update, my crown has really improved. Combining the HT + Topical Dutasteride has been amazing for me. Here’s my crown after a shower with wet hair and a comparison.

ea5ba397-4bf7-4eda-9f2b-466b6a1ea7fd.jpeg
243B9D74-A107-428F-BD9A-0927AD9F5E9F.jpeg

Looking solid any photos with harsh lighting?

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Looking solid any photos with harsh lighting?

They’re in the hair loss drugs section where I update my topical dut journey. But this is with wet hair so it cancels out.

View my thread

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, sftraderHT said:

Congratulations Melvin!  What an incredible journey. Very happy for you!

Regarding the beard to scalp transplant, how long did it take for your face to feel normal?  Any numbness around jaw?

Felt normal almost instantly, no numbness.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, MazAB said:

I know the crown has always been the biggest challenge for you Melvin. I'm so happy it finally all came together, congrats 👏!!!

Thanks Armen, I still have an itch to go back lol, guess that’ll never stop 

• Like 1

View my thread