4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Shadman said:

What a journey ! ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you itโ€™s been an incredible journey.ย 

• Like 1

Iโ€™m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey:ย 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journeyย 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theย Hair Transplant Network, theย Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theย Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media:ย Facebook,ย Instagram,ย Linkedin,ย and YouTube.

ย 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 7:56 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

We spent about three hours talking about the design and plan. I thought it would be important to focus maximum density on the right lateral anterior portion of my crown, as I plan on combing my hair from left to right. This could provide more coverage and a better "illusion" of density when I style my hair. We were on the same page, and he instantly agreed.ย 

Melvin, can you help me to understand this? I would have thought it is more important to have density on the side you are parting your hair on, but you seem to be saying it is the opposite side that should be fuller.ย 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Melvin, can you help me to understand this? I would have thought it is more important to have density on the side you are parting your hair on, but you seem to be saying it is the opposite side that should be fuller.ย 

I mean max density should be at the part line where the hair is parting.

• Like 1

Iโ€™m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theย Hair Transplant Network, theย Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theย Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

ย 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I mean max density should be at the part line where the hair is parting.

Ah, gotcha. That makes more sense to me. Thanks.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 7:56 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

It has been a week since my hair transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciencesย I actually first went to the Maldives with my wife for our honeymoon, then went to Delhi to have my hair transplant, and ended it with a short trip in Dubai. It was an amazing trip, but i'm glad to be back home, resting and recovering. I know some of you have messaged me here sorry I haven't gotten back to all of you sooner. It was difficult with traveling and all. I can finally take a breather and break down my entire experience, which was AMAZING! A special shout out to Anil, Amandeep and the entire team at Eugenix. They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable, their hospitality was something I have never experienced before in my life.

The Plan

Initially, the plan was to get about 2,500 grafts and concentrate in the crown. I sent pictures and some video, but being in person paints a better picture. I do a good job of creating an "illusion" but the truth is that I need a lot of grafts.ย  For those of you traveling to get a hair transplant, the surgeon may change the planย  if you need more or less grafts to reach your goal.ย  After shaving my head and taking a look at my donor, two things were clear, I needed a lot of grafts, and didn't have a lot of hair left in my donor. We decided to take hair from regions that wasn't previously harvested like my side napes, the side burns and right above my ear. Dr. Sethi was meticulous in his planning and execution, I could see that he was really trying to get me the best possible result. He was hyper-focused and the entire planning portion solidified my decision in choosing him.ย 

The Stay (Farmhouse)

c84ef104-7caa-442e-a09a-8b8f8e601c66.JPG

b551722f-1df9-4884-b2ff-ec4a423c7485.JPG

Recently, Eugenix acquired a beautiful farmhouse on 3 acres of land a hop away from the airport. As most of you know, I chose the highest package at Eugenix. Personally, I didn't want to let cost or location be the deciding factor, but focus on the results. The farmhouse is Dr. Sethi's project. I believe the house will be available to those who choose the package with him, there's a chef on site along with staff there to help you 24/7. I am not lying when I say the treatment I received was fit for a king. One of the days I was suffering from GERD (acid reflux) and within 15 minutes I had medication delivered to me, I could have tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks at any time of the day. The farmhouse isn't finished yet, but I can see this becoming a talking point and big bonus in the future, it was beyond VIP treatment. I got to meet some other patients there, one even said he was going to create a thread here. The upstairs portion is going to become a game room equipped with a pool table, flat screen TV,ย  and table tennis. Very excited to visit again and hear and see some of your guys's experiences in the future.

The Surgery (3 Days)

The surgery took longer than we all expected. As previously mentioned, the original plan was to harvest 2,500 grafts. However, after shaving my head, it was clear I would need a lot more grafts to reach my goal. Dr. Sethi looks at surgery as his art, and he is most definitely an artist. After looking at my hairline, he agreed it looked good, but felt the V shape was a little too sharp, he thought it would look more natural to round the hairline slightly, while bringing in the temple points. We spent about three hours talking about the design and plan. I thought it would be important to focus maximum density on the right lateral anterior portion of my crown, as I plan on combing my hair from left to right. This could provide more coverage and a better "illusion" of density when I style my hair. We were on the same page, and he instantly agreed.ย 

First Day of Surgery 12/31/21

The first day of surgery was mostly planning, we shaved my head and then the fun started. The surgery didn't start until late afternoon, and we didn't finish until 10 pm. At the end of the day Dr. Sethi had created all of the incisions and extracted and transplanted about 400 grafts. I was excited to see how my new hairline and temples would look. Overall, I felt it would be a huge improvement.

Second Day of Surgery 01/01/22

The second day of surgery started around 2 pm. Dr. Sethi had a company party planned for the team early in the morning, both of us expected the surgery to be done by then. The team work hard, so I definitely felt that it was important to show them appreciation. Work hard, play hard. Once the party was over, we headed to the clinic and it was all business. We did about 2,600 grafts and filled the crown and midscalp. Dr. Sethi wanted to leave the hairline and temple points for the next day, when he was fresh. I agreed that would be the best option. It was also important from a donor management perspective. There's an added benefit to creating sites a day or two before implantation. There's almost no bleeding and growth factors have begun healing the wounds, which can improve the yield, another potential benefit to pre-made slits. Although, Eugenix generally use DHT technique, they were aware of this added benefit.ย 

Third Day of Surgery 01/02/22

The last day of surgery we started around 8 am, Dr. Sethi began extracting the hair for my hairline and temples, he took hours extracting the perfect grafts and implanting them. I have to admit by the third day I felt exhausted, but seeing more and more hair on my head was SOOO motivating. The surgery lasted until 4:30 pm. Dr. Sethi had done almost every part of my procedure, he even did the anesthesia on the last day, though I will say this, Dr. Sethi don't quit your day job leave the anesthesia to Nitoo ๐Ÿ˜† Dr. Arika did my beard extractions, and I have to say she did an amazing job. Here's my takeaway from Eugenix, each person on their team focuses on one thing, and one thing only, to the point where they master it. There are technicians that only do placement, nurses who only do anesthesia, and doctors that only do extractions day in and day out. You're getting experts if you pick the lowest package or the highest package.ย 

Now, the fun part PICTURES!!! I will add that my despite having 3 prior FUEs I was surprised at how well my scars looked with a shaved head. Again, scars are largely physiological. I had 1mm punches used on my scalp and the scars were barely visible. Also, not all of the hair was shaved, Dr. Sethi left a portion unshaved near the demarcation line, so that he made sure that hair wasn't extracted during the procedure. He went up pretty high, as we discussed in detail and both agreed the hair right below my lateral humps were my healthiest hair.ย 

I'll be updating you guys every week, and then every month after that, just to show you guys the healing process. I will say my beard has healed almost 100%, feels like I didn't get any grafts taken from there.ย 

Graft Breakdown

2,100 scalp grafts, 300 doubles were made into singles which turned into 2,434 scalp grafts.

singles -744

doubles- 1125

triples-431

quads- 134

total scalp hairs-5,567 average 2.3 hairs per graft. The initial number was 2100 grafts, but 300 were cut into singles, so the number wouldโ€™ve been 2.6 hairs per graft.ย 

beard hairs -1566 almost all singles average of 1.03 per graft.

Total hairs = 7,179 which averages to 1.79 hairs per graft

1,566, for a total of 4,000 grafts. I'm still waiting on the actual numbers of 1s, 2s and 3s, but I will say that I was shocked to know I had quite a bit of multis still in the donor.ย 

Before Surgery

IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4370.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4696.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPG

Shaved and Mapped Out

IMG_4700.JPGIMG_4701.JPGIMG_4702.JPGIMG_4594.JPGIMG_4704.JPG

Graft Placement Post-op

IMG_4706.JPGIMG_4705.JPGIMG_4712.JPGIMG_4711.JPGIMG_4578.JPGIMG_4707.JPGIMG_4579.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4713.JPG

One Week Post-Opย At Home

IMG_4718.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4723.jpgIMG_4725.jpgIMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4722 2.jpg

Would you mind sharing some photos of your beard ? ย I want to see how does it look now after taking 1500 beard grafts ?

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations. Hair looks on point.

• Like 1

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness:ย Topical Dutasteride - Topicalย Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquineย ย - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

• Administrators
On 2/4/2024 at 9:22 AM, Haris said:

Would you mind sharing some photos of your beard ? ย I want to see how does it look now after taking 1500 beard grafts ?

Sorry I missed this comment. I share pictures of my beard here

https://youtube.com/shorts/-5CgUK88WrQ?si=aw3r3tyjFvZ4EA8i

• Thanks 1

View my thread

ย 

• Administrators
On 2/4/2024 at 9:22 AM, Haris said:

IMG_2551.jpeg

My beard looks untouched in terms of density. Very blessed to have a thick beard.ย 

View my thread

ย 

• Administrators

Itโ€™s been 2 years since my last HT. Thought Iโ€™d share an update.

IMG_2558.jpeg

I have no fibers or concealer.

10 years ago when I started my Journey.

IMG_2559.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 5

View my thread

ย 

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Itโ€™s been 2 years since my last HT. Thought Iโ€™d share an update.

IMG_2558.jpeg

I have no fibers or concealer.

10 years ago when I started my Journey.

IMG_2559.jpeg

I wonder how your result would look if you have proceeded with a big fut back in 2014 with someone like hasson and wong for example.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jjalay said:

I wonder how your result would look if you have proceeded with a big fut back in 2014 with someone like hasson and wong for example.

I wouldnโ€™t get FUT. Though, if I were starting out today. I would probably get a gigasession FUE.ย 

View my thread

ย 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Shadman said:

Wow ๐Ÿ˜ฒ can't get any better than this ๐Ÿ‘ For the hold did you use anything ?

ย 

I use hair spray and redken brews maneuver cream.

View my thread

ย 

Good for you...ย  ย  You won the hair game.ย  ย  Looks perfect.ย  ย 

Congrats.ย  ย  I wish I had that hair after my HTs.ย  ย 

How's that crown area looking?ย ย 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Etownone said:

Good for you...ย  ย  You won the hair game.ย  ย  Looks perfect.ย  ย 

Congrats.ย  ย  I wish I had that hair after my HTs.ย  ย 

How's that crown area looking?ย ย 

Hereโ€™s a comparison from 10 years ago to today.

4B9A4AEE-CA0D-4941-8F15-D31361BFA42B.jpeg

Now, for transparency. A lot of the thickening has been a result of topical dutasteride. Especially in the lower crown where iโ€™ve had no grafts.

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

View my thread

ย 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hairman22 said:

@Melvin- Adminย considering his results would you consider Pittella for one transplant to thicken some areas?

not that you need it just the icing on the cake

I never say never lol. I think heโ€™s amazing, but so is Dr. Sethi and Dr. Zarev. You could flip a coin on any of them.ย 

• Like 1

View my thread

ย 

• Moderators
On 3/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

IMG_2551.jpeg

My beard looks untouched in terms of density. Very blessed to have a thick beard.ย 

ย 

Man! You still have a lot of beard hair left. You can still add some to your crown if you wanted to.... or at least you know you have a lot left in case your area expands some over the years.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Joe809 said:

What hair spray you use?ย 

Tressemme extra hold.

ย 

View my thread

ย 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Al - formerly BeHappy said:

ย 

Man! You still have a lot of beard hair left. You can still add some to your crown if you wanted to.... or at least you know you have a lot left in case your area expands some over the years.

ย 

ย 

Keeping that in my back pocket if ever need it ๐Ÿ˜Œ

View my thread

ย 

On 1/9/2022 at 2:56 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

It has been a week since my hair transplant with @Eugenix Hair Sciencesย I actually first went to the Maldives with my wife for our honeymoon, then went to Delhi to have my hair transplant, and ended it with a short trip in Dubai. It was an amazing trip, but i'm glad to be back home, resting and recovering. I know some of you have messaged me here sorry I haven't gotten back to all of you sooner. It was difficult with traveling and all. I can finally take a breather and break down my entire experience, which was AMAZING! A special shout out to Anil, Amandeep and the entire team at Eugenix. They went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable, their hospitality was something I have never experienced before in my life.

The Plan

Initially, the plan was to get about 2,500 grafts and concentrate in the crown. I sent pictures and some video, but being in person paints a better picture. I do a good job of creating an "illusion" but the truth is that I need a lot of grafts.ย  For those of you traveling to get a hair transplant, the surgeon may change the planย  if you need more or less grafts to reach your goal.ย  After shaving my head and taking a look at my donor, two things were clear, I needed a lot of grafts, and didn't have a lot of hair left in my donor. We decided to take hair from regions that wasn't previously harvested like my side napes, the side burns and right above my ear. Dr. Sethi was meticulous in his planning and execution, I could see that he was really trying to get me the best possible result. He was hyper-focused and the entire planning portion solidified my decision in choosing him.ย 

The Stay (Farmhouse)

c84ef104-7caa-442e-a09a-8b8f8e601c66.JPG

b551722f-1df9-4884-b2ff-ec4a423c7485.JPG

Recently, Eugenix acquired a beautiful farmhouse on 3 acres of land a hop away from the airport. As most of you know, I chose the highest package at Eugenix. Personally, I didn't want to let cost or location be the deciding factor, but focus on the results. The farmhouse is Dr. Sethi's project. I believe the house will be available to those who choose the package with him, there's a chef on site along with staff there to help you 24/7. I am not lying when I say the treatment I received was fit for a king. One of the days I was suffering from GERD (acid reflux) and within 15 minutes I had medication delivered to me, I could have tea, coffee, soft drinks, snacks at any time of the day. The farmhouse isn't finished yet, but I can see this becoming a talking point and big bonus in the future, it was beyond VIP treatment. I got to meet some other patients there, one even said he was going to create a thread here. The upstairs portion is going to become a game room equipped with a pool table, flat screen TV,ย  and table tennis. Very excited to visit again and hear and see some of your guys's experiences in the future.

The Surgery (3 Days)

The surgery took longer than we all expected. As previously mentioned, the original plan was to harvest 2,500 grafts. However, after shaving my head, it was clear I would need a lot more grafts to reach my goal. Dr. Sethi looks at surgery as his art, and he is most definitely an artist. After looking at my hairline, he agreed it looked good, but felt the V shape was a little too sharp, he thought it would look more natural to round the hairline slightly, while bringing in the temple points. We spent about three hours talking about the design and plan. I thought it would be important to focus maximum density on the right lateral anterior portion of my crown, as I plan on combing my hair from left to right. This could provide more coverage and a better "illusion" of density when I style my hair. We were on the same page, and he instantly agreed.ย 

First Day of Surgery 12/31/21

The first day of surgery was mostly planning, we shaved my head and then the fun started. The surgery didn't start until late afternoon, and we didn't finish until 10 pm. At the end of the day Dr. Sethi had created all of the incisions and extracted and transplanted about 400 grafts. I was excited to see how my new hairline and temples would look. Overall, I felt it would be a huge improvement.

Second Day of Surgery 01/01/22

The second day of surgery started around 2 pm. Dr. Sethi had a company party planned for the team early in the morning, both of us expected the surgery to be done by then. The team work hard, so I definitely felt that it was important to show them appreciation. Work hard, play hard. Once the party was over, we headed to the clinic and it was all business. We did about 2,600 grafts and filled the crown and midscalp. Dr. Sethi wanted to leave the hairline and temple points for the next day, when he was fresh. I agreed that would be the best option. It was also important from a donor management perspective. There's an added benefit to creating sites a day or two before implantation. There's almost no bleeding and growth factors have begun healing the wounds, which can improve the yield, another potential benefit to pre-made slits. Although, Eugenix generally use DHT technique, they were aware of this added benefit.ย 

Third Day of Surgery 01/02/22

The last day of surgery we started around 8 am, Dr. Sethi began extracting the hair for my hairline and temples, he took hours extracting the perfect grafts and implanting them. I have to admit by the third day I felt exhausted, but seeing more and more hair on my head was SOOO motivating. The surgery lasted until 4:30 pm. Dr. Sethi had done almost every part of my procedure, he even did the anesthesia on the last day, though I will say this, Dr. Sethi don't quit your day job leave the anesthesia to Nitoo ๐Ÿ˜† Dr. Arika did my beard extractions, and I have to say she did an amazing job. Here's my takeaway from Eugenix, each person on their team focuses on one thing, and one thing only, to the point where they master it. There are technicians that only do placement, nurses who only do anesthesia, and doctors that only do extractions day in and day out. You're getting experts if you pick the lowest package or the highest package.ย 

Now, the fun part PICTURES!!! I will add that my despite having 3 prior FUEs I was surprised at how well my scars looked with a shaved head. Again, scars are largely physiological. I had 1mm punches used on my scalp and the scars were barely visible. Also, not all of the hair was shaved, Dr. Sethi left a portion unshaved near the demarcation line, so that he made sure that hair wasn't extracted during the procedure. He went up pretty high, as we discussed in detail and both agreed the hair right below my lateral humps were my healthiest hair.ย 

I'll be updating you guys every week, and then every month after that, just to show you guys the healing process. I will say my beard has healed almost 100%, feels like I didn't get any grafts taken from there.ย 

Graft Breakdown

2,100 scalp grafts, 300 doubles were made into singles which turned into 2,434 scalp grafts.

singles -744

doubles- 1125

triples-431

quads- 134

total scalp hairs-5,567 average 2.3 hairs per graft. The initial number was 2100 grafts, but 300 were cut into singles, so the number wouldโ€™ve been 2.6 hairs per graft.ย 

beard hairs -1566 almost all singles average of 1.03 per graft.

Total hairs = 7,179 which averages to 1.79 hairs per graft

1,566, for a total of 4,000 grafts. I'm still waiting on the actual numbers of 1s, 2s and 3s, but I will say that I was shocked to know I had quite a bit of multis still in the donor.ย 

Before Surgery

IMG_4369.JPGIMG_4370.JPGIMG_4375.JPGIMG_4695.JPGIMG_4696.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4698.JPGIMG_4699.JPG

Shaved and Mapped Out

IMG_4700.JPGIMG_4701.JPGIMG_4702.JPGIMG_4594.JPGIMG_4704.JPG

Graft Placement Post-op

IMG_4706.JPGIMG_4705.JPGIMG_4712.JPGIMG_4711.JPGIMG_4578.JPGIMG_4707.JPGIMG_4579.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4713.JPG

One Week Post-Opย At Home

IMG_4718.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4723.jpgIMG_4725.jpgIMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4722 2.jpg

Hi Melvin, I am currious as to the beard graft counts, it's written that it's been +1500, but on the post-op picture of your beard it certainly looks much less. How much time did they need to extract the beard hairs?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Broni said:

Hi Melvin, I am currious as to the beard graft counts, it's written that it's been +1500, but on the post-op picture of your beard it certainly looks much less. How much time did they need to extract the beard hairs?

ย beard hairs -1566 almost all singles average of 1.03 per graft.

ย I donโ€™t remember how long it took. The surgery was over 2 days. It was basically the entire lower portion of my beard.ย 

View my thread

ย 

On 1/9/2022 at 3:21 AM, Melvin- Admin said:

Funny, you say that because on my last day of surgery, Dr. Sethi said and I quote: โ€œwe can still do another 1,500 from your beard.โ€ I was like ๐Ÿค” hair greed reared its ugly head. I forgot to add the pictures of my grafts freshly placed. You can really appreciate how excellent and clean the work looks.ย 
ย 

E61C9B2F-0002-4761-8C53-8A659213C3DC.jpeg

802A560A-71F9-47DD-A88C-D7110D7701F6.jpeg

DE142CAA-0464-4FAE-BF7E-6C7EDAA78A21.jpeg

DCE45C9F-6789-4CBE-9F2E-CF7C92AAA3F2.jpeg

542968C6-3AE7-4642-BFBF-8531DCD63CF4.jpeg

5D1F4088-E945-4E48-B86D-9335361F169B.jpeg

Did he have to mix beard hair scalp grafts (because 1500 beard grafts is a lot) at a certain ratio. I think I read somewhere that you said that beard grafts are all singles, but are they generally thicker (and hence provide greater coverage) than hair grafts? Thanks!