4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Moderators

Wow! Incredible results, Melvin.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
On 12/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I can leave the house without fibers, but I still have to use some hair styling powders and blow dry my hair in place to make sure the crown weak spots are covered. The lower portion of my crown wasn’t restored, and it looks weaker than the rest, so I still have to be mindful about styling it properly. 

But the time I take to style my hair has dropped from 35 minutes to 5 minutes. I’m very happy, hopefully, I get my Xyon bottle soon, that should hopefully strengthen that weak spot so I’ll be good to leave the house without any worry. 

E6B5772C-17DD-4DC5-ADD9-9C1A5C96224C.jpeg

It's what I always say. Crowns do matter even when you think it won't bother you so much. Once you get hair in the front and see a bald crown, suddenly the crown is a much bigger problem to you then it was.

A few hundred beard grafts in a U shape along the crown hairline would really finish this off.

image.png.89d146c7355440bcbead25a78fe945eb.png

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BeHappy said:

It's what I always say. Crowns do matter even when you think it won't bother you so much. Once you get hair in the front and see a bald crown, suddenly the crown is a much bigger problem to you then it was.

A few hundred beard grafts in a U shape along the crown hairline would really finish this off.

image.png.89d146c7355440bcbead25a78fe945eb.png

Yea I’m hoping that the Xyon can strengthen this zone without surgery. But if not I may consider another procedure here. As for shaving my head. Some people say it looks good. I personally don’t like it. It only looks okay for a few days. Then it starts to look off because my density is lower and you can see the horse shoe pattern. 

8EAA58D9-99D6-4806-AEB7-D6FB2CADE569.png
EA39A201-3799-40E1-9FD6-FA175EBE663D.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea I’m hoping that the Xyon can strengthen this zone without surgery. But if not I may consider another procedure here. As for shaving my head. Some people say it looks good. I personally don’t like it. It only looks okay for a few days. Then it starts to look off because my density is lower and you can see the horse shoe pattern. 

Have you considered SMP? You would get a nice boost from SMP and it will save you the trouble of having to apply dermmatch all the time. I would give the Xyon finasteride at least a year to make sure you can tolerate it and stabilize your hair loss before depleting the last bit of your remaining donor.

Edited by Tiger2050

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Tiger2050 said:

Have you considered SMP? You would get a nice boost from SMP and it will save you the trouble of having to apply dermmatch all the time. I would give the Xyon finasteride at least a year to make sure you can tolerate it and stabilize your hair loss before depleting the last bit of your remaining donor.

Yea I actually no longer use dermmatch. I barely use fibers in the crown. But I have considered smp. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I figure it doesn't hurt to try. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

30 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think you look great bald but even better with hair! Hoping Xyon helps you get your hair goals of 2023!!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, Zoomster said:

Melvin quick question..if you were to have one more pass ..would you fully shave again ? If I were to go again I think I’d do unshaven ..if you’re active in the dating market the ugly duckling phase is rough .this one has been the toughest  ( as a single guy ) ..

This is why I always go in Nov. It's cold, hat season, holidays...just lay low for 3-4 months and you're good to go. 

• Like 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

On 1/3/2023 at 6:12 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say I have at least 1300 grafts left in my beard. Maybe 1,000 from my scalp. 

I would NOT shave my head again. It took me 5 months to look some what normal. I’m not placing grafts all over my scalp. Thats the only time I would completely shave. 

It doesn’t look bad when I style it, but when it’s exposed its weak. I think 500 or so grafts would make a huge difference. 3838F642-8160-4F03-910A-E6B95922A036.jpeg

Bro. I bet you could do it w/ 300 grafts. Plug the 200 elsewhere. My crown was a massive black hole and 1500 did the trick. Based on the pic you shared, much of it will come down to the skill of the doctor and how the grafts are angled, imo. If you're open to using a literally dash of XFusion or something, with the 300 grafts, it's look stellar. Real happy for you brother. 

Edited by champybaby

3 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

I looked into this. FWIW, this was a convo w/ perhaps the largest contributor of SMP on this forum. He was 50/50 on whether it's worth doing. He also added that SMP to fill areas damages his equipment, which I found surprising. 

Again, this was just a convo I personally had. People should explore do their DD, etc. Just sharing what I learned 😃 

• Like 1

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, champybaby said:

I looked into this. FWIW, this was a convo w/ perhaps the largest contributor of SMP on this forum. He was 50/50 on whether it's worth doing. He also added that SMP to fill areas damages his equipment, which I found surprising. 

Again, this was just a convo I personally had. People should explore do their DD, etc. Just sharing what I learned 😃 

Thanks I was considering reaching out to either Dr. Gabel or Dr. Mohebi regarding SMP. I was on the fence, but this has definitely helped out.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Here’s a sea salt spray tutorial 

https://youtube.com/shorts/-MzSNJ4GFqg?feature=share

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

View my thread

On 1/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Interesting subtopic on the sea salt spray.  I have used it in the past (Sacha Juan) and felt it made my hair lifeless and flat.

May revisit since I have had luck with the Slick Gorilla brand. It was my first powder which I love for volume and helping fibers stick...great pre-styler!

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 1/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, AlBrown said:

Interesting subtopic on the sea salt spray.  I have used it in the past (Sacha Juan) and felt it made my hair lifeless and flat.

May revisit since I have had luck with the Slick Gorilla brand. It was my first powder which I love for volume and helping fibers stick...great pre-styler!

The powder is good, but the sea salt spray is way better IMO. 

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Important thing is that there are lot of brands of sea salt spray and some are garbage and some are nice. You have to test few products to find best one. 

That's true. This one is good. I haven't tried others, but im sure there are other good brands.

View my thread

On 1/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s officially one year today! What a rollercoaster year. I’m happy with my results and my wife says the difference is night and day. 

But I will admit that I don’t think this will be my last HT. My donor looks good, my beard looks untouched. I think one more HT focusing 100% in the crown and part line would complete the restoration. Right now I’m about 90% there, hair greed has set in. 

I just started Xyon so I don’t know if this will get me over the edge, only time will tell. Currently, I don’t take more than 5 minutes to style my hair. I just use the sea salt spray and and I’m good. I will still use some fibers for going out to dinner, or special occasions. I don’t have anything in these pictures besides sea salt spray. 

Happy New Years, this year will be even better. We have big plans for our community in 2023. 

A little clip from my entire journey.

9A261BFB-F1F1-4A8F-8191-1A3FBF16A6B3.jpeg

84A39901-FEC1-4011-B52B-233FB724D1E3.jpeg

CE38010C-FF62-43D7-A18A-103E239572CC.jpeg

6A0737FD-B2CD-4867-B1AD-0D1D21A34989.jpeg

B35CA637-1811-432E-8B2E-9A6CA3B5066A.jpeg

94DC5388-4E15-4AEE-B0A9-CFD0C1DC6470.jpeg

Looking insanely good bro! Congrats! Long journey but we’ll worth it 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just saw this @Melvin- Moderator, thank you for what you do for this community.

I'm just waiting for my hair to get longer, so I can use the spray 😁

• Like 1

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Looks like 5-6 months is where that cosmetic benefit first appeared really quickly for you. I’m at about 2.5 months now patiently waiting 

The hairline took about 6 months. The crown took a little longer. Its nonsense when guys say you know what the HT looks like at 6 months. I was barely getting past the ugly duckling phase.

View my thread

Just chiming in to say the Slick Gorilla sea salt spray is pretty legit. I always used a high hold matte wax to sweep my hairline from right to left and keep it in that position (I wear my hair long), but this stuff allows me to use less wax which is nice because it's less apparent that I have product in my hair, and thus less apparent that I'm doing a deliberate combover. 

As mentioned above, I wear a completely different hairstyle than Melvin but still found this stuff to be a good addition to my styling product list. If anyone has any other good suggestions, please keep them coming

• Like 2