1,130 Grafts Dr Munib Ahmad - Fuegenix Netherlands Repairing what Visus Rotterdam messed up

Pubichair

Hello all,

Exactly one week ago I visited Munib Ahmad, Fuegenix for a repair surgery. 

Let me rewind to last year September (2021). I went to a different surgeon in Rotterdam, Visus. I opted for the DHI method and they would transplant 2200 grafts. 

A year later, I was really, really unhappy with the results. It looked very fake and unnatural. The hairline was crap, and hair density was horrible. My donor area was destroyed and they say everything's fine. 

So this summer I went to Fuegenix for a consult. He came across as a very knowledgable guy and said he could repair my situation. He showed me some similar clients he helped and with what result. After that we planned a date for 17th of November. 

The surgery went very smooth, very well and the atmosphere was very light. 

He used an insanely small drill to harvest the grafts, so small that the wounds were already closed at the end of the day. This speeds up recovery and it leaves the donor area very clean with least possibility for scars. 

All in all everything went very well and very smooth. Can't wait for the results. 

Attached are the result pictures from Visus Rotterdam after 12 and after 14 months. It is an incredibly bad result. 

Visus 12 maanden resultaat 4a.jpeg

Visus 12 maanden resultaat nat.jpg

Visus 14 maanden resultaat 1a.jpg

Visus 14 maanden resultaat 2a.jpg

Visus 14 maanden resultaat 3a.jpg

These pictures are POST-surgery. Here you can see how incredibly small the punctures are. It is almost unbelievable that he harvested about 500 single grafts in the lowest area of my neck! You see how it already started healing by the afternoon. 

Also attached are the post surgery implants. It loos very calm and very neet. The precision of his work makes it much much easier for the skin to heal. And now, a week later, I feel that this surgery was way easier on my body than the last one. 

Fuegenix Post op 1.jpg

Fuegenix Post op 2.jpg

Fuegenix Post op 3.jpg

Fuegenix Post op voorkant 1.jpeg

Fuegenix Post op voorkant 2.jpeg

Fuegenix Post op voorkant 3.jpeg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Pubichair said:

I don't know how to edit previous posts, but I wanted to add that he used 1130 grafts. 

I’ll edit it, congrats on the repair 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to 1,130 Grafts Dr Munib Ahmad - Fuegenix Netherlands Repairing what Visus Rotterdam messed up

[Update day 8]

Today is day 8. Everything seems to be healed very nicely. 

I really like the hair density so far. It looks very natural, the density and the hairline. So far really pleased with the result.

Because he worked so precise, the healing goes so quickly!

I remember that my last, failed hair transplant at Visus, it took 16 days before the wounds were healed. So this time it’s healing literally twice as fast.

C56D2F2E-E592-4EE8-A145-0BB4532BA501.jpeg

F2BABFDD-C283-4EB6-9E7E-008C63BEA85F.jpeg

1492D86D-01FD-444B-ADC3-DD61067CD5BF.jpeg

[Update day 14]

Today it's exactly 2 weeks since I had my HT

Everything went very smoothly. I experienced 0 pain, only some itching the last few days, but nothing bad really. 

Attached are 3 pictures of my donor area, which looks like it's already completely healed since a few days ago. And 3 pictures of what it looks like on the front. 

I'm very happy with the hairline, it looks so natural. Redness is also minimal. 

Very sad that the implanted hairs will fall out again very soon... Any ways to minimise the effects of the shedding / shock loss? 

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-29 at 17.38.44.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 12.06.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 12.06.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 12.06.12 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 12.06.12 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 12.06.12.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looking excellent 👍🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

[Week 5 update]

It looks like my prayers have been heard! I have almost no shockloss / shedding. Probably due to the fact the doctor worked so precise. 

A few hairs broke off, but some of them will probably continue to grow, while others will fall out and come back in a few months. But about 85-90% is still here. The Doctor told me that the hairs that have grown will not fall out anymore, he could see it. Which is an insane relief.

The hairs are now about 1,4cm long, so they are growing nice and fast. 

Yesterday I went to the barber for the first time and he was very impressed by the results. He is even thinking of getting a HT himself. 

People around me don't even know I had a HT because it's not visible anymore. Redness is almost gone, density is great, donor area looks calm and healthy. 
I just say I went for the Michael Scofield look and they seem to like it.

As you can guess I never expected this result. I thought I'd had to wait until March to see some results. I would have never guessed that it would be so good at just 5 weeks! 

So all in all I am already incredibly happy with the results and I can not advise Fuegenix and dr. Munib Ahmad enough. 

I took these pictures next to a window so you can see with a lot of light what it looks like. I don't like to pretent its better by changing light conditions. I want the pictures to be as helpful and honest as possible. 

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pubichair said:

[Week 5 update]

It looks like my prayers have been heard! I have almost no shockloss / shedding. Probably due to the fact the doctor worked so precise. 

A few hairs broke off, but some of them will probably continue to grow, while others will fall out and come back in a few months. But about 85-90% is still here. The Doctor told me that the hairs that have grown will not fall out anymore, he could see it. Which is an insane relief.

The hairs are now about 1,4cm long, so they are growing nice and fast. 

Yesterday I went to the barber for the first time and he was very impressed by the results. He is even thinking of getting a HT himself. 

People around me don't even know I had a HT because it's not visible anymore. Redness is almost gone, density is great, donor area looks calm and healthy. 
I just say I went for the Michael Scofield look and they seem to like it.

As you can guess I never expected this result. I thought I'd had to wait until March to see some results. I would have never guessed that it would be so good at just 5 weeks! 

So all in all I am already incredibly happy with the results and I can not advise Fuegenix and dr. Munib Ahmad enough. 

I took these pictures next to a window so you can see with a lot of light what it looks like. I don't like to pretent its better by changing light conditions. I want the pictures to be as helpful and honest as possible. 

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

Looking great, man! I'll be following!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 12:16 PM, shiba1985 said:

I find this doctor extremely unnecessarily arrogant, but I must say that’s good repair work.  

he posted an instagram with one of his results, “if anyone can do it better, I will pay for your hair transplant.” 

hahaha That's quite funny tbf

Hi @Pubichair. Looks great result already! I have a couple questions:

Did Dr Ahmed remove any of the old grafts from your hairline and redistribute them or did he just work around the old transplant? If so do you know how many of the old grafts he removed from the front?

6 hours ago, Golfnut66 said:

Hi @Pubichair. Looks great result already! I have a couple questions:

Did Dr Ahmed remove any of the old grafts from your hairline and redistribute them or did he just work around the old transplant? If so do you know how many of the old grafts he removed from the front?

During our original consult he planned to remove old grafts and put them somewhere else. 

When I arrived the morning of the HT he was already there and studying my hairline on the pictures he took during the consult (he said he also likes to study hairlines in his free time).

He showed me how bad the Visus hairline was and that he wanted to create a completely new hairline. Where he had to lower my hairline about 1mm in the front. 

But due to the new design, the problematic Visus grafts would not need to be removed, they were in exactly the right places to be covered up. 
He did make 1 old multigraft into a single graft, because that was too close to the hairline and it was a very thick hair. So he made that one thinner by removing 1 hair from the graft. 

He could have removed that graft and put it somewhere else, but I choose not to, he said there would be no scarring if I did it this way. 

The removal of old grafts will probably create some scarring, and depending on the height of your hairline he can remove the ugly ones but you get a tiny bit of scarring, but that will be covered up by the new hairs he will plant.

So in my case that was not necessary. I was lucky that when we drew the new hairline on my head, there was no need anymore to remove the grafts. 

So it’s something he can do. And because he uses the smallest drill I’ve ever seen in combination with special zoom glasses, he can extract the hairs with the tiniest hole imaginable. 

I think he’s the only one on the planet that operates that way. Or at least one of the very very few.