4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
On 11/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, Bb111 said:

Congratulations Melvin! Welcome to fatherhood and hopefully all those implanted follicles are not only DHT resistant but stress resistant too. :D

In terms of your theory about being born with or without hair and going bald later in life; I actually had the opposite theory. Indian children tend be born with lots of hair on their scalp. I also feel like Indian men go bald much more than other groups. Who knows in reality.

Yea, who knows, but you know the Spanish and Indians have a large population of balding people. They also have great surgeons 😁

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

48 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea, who knows, but you know the Spanish and Indians have a large population of balding people. They also have great surgeons 😁

Facts. Anyway I hope you are enjoying this very special time! Congratulations to you and your spouse.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, Bb111 said:

Congratulations Melvin! Welcome to fatherhood and hopefully all those implanted follicles are not only DHT resistant but stress resistant too. :D

In terms of your theory about being born with or without hair and going bald later in life; I actually had the opposite theory. Indian children tend be born with lots of hair on their scalp. I also feel like Indian men go bald much more than other groups. Who knows in reality.

I think caucasians have the highest rate of male pattern baldness. 

Asians are in the moderate. 

blacks have the lowest rate of MPB. lucky

Native americans had zero % rate of baldness back in the day before mixing of genes

Edited by shiba1985

On 11/4/2022 at 5:30 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Been a bit MIA this week. My son was born on the first. Glad to see he had a decent head of hair, I was born completely bald on top. I have a theory that those who are born bald, will go bald. This is pure speculation and conjecture, but that’s my suspicion. 

https://www.today.com/parents/meet-9-week-old-baby-who-s-going-viral-his-t103579

This baby has a huge head of hair

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

I think caucasians have the highest rate of male pattern baldness. 

Asians are in the moderate. 

blacks have the lowest rate of MPB. lucky

Native americans had zero % rate of baldness back in the day before mixing of genes

I'm not so sure because race is very complicated. Are Indians, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, etc. all considered Asians? What about Latin Americans who may have Indigenous and Spanish/European heritage? 

2 minutes ago, Bb111 said:

I'm not so sure because race is very complicated. Are Indians, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, etc. all considered Asians? What about Latin Americans who may have Indigenous and Spanish/European heritage? 

I inferred him using the term Asians to mean what westerners used to call Orientals, or people from places such as China, Japan, etc, and not to mean those from India or Russia who have different genetic histories.

In the case of North and South American aboriginals, they appear to have migrated to the continent about 10,000 years ago and split off into different tribes settling different regions over the centuries.  Old photos of non-mixed men show them with their distinctive lack of hair loss, even in old age.  I think shiba's characterization more or less matches observations, so I am not sure what you are confused about.

Welcome to the daddy club Melvin! Having met both you and your wife, I can guarantee that you will both be incredible, hands-on parents. Always easier having the boy first in my opinion, as both of my boys are so protective of their little sister. 😉

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

This is without concealers right?

All of the pictures I post here are without concealer.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Welcome to the daddy club Melvin! Having met both you and your wife, I can guarantee that you will both be incredible, hands-on parents. Always easier having the boy first in my opinion, as both of my boys are so protective of their little sister. 😉

Thanks Armen, when you visit LA we’ll have to hang out again 🙌🏼

View my thread

Melvin, i feel like you'd be best placed given you have had multiple procedures and likely to have maybe some experience on this front. 

I've been keeping a close eye on my hairline as things grow in and i know that sometimes there's uneven growth, but i have a particular area just off centre to the left of my frontal hairline and it does appear visibly thinner now than the right side in a similar place and generally the frontal hairline apart from that area is looking thinner. 

The kicker for me seems to be that it actually has gotten thinner within the last few months. Now my possible reason for this was that maybe some of the hair grew for a bit and got length but then maybe fell into a telogen phase and that's why they have shed in that area. 

Is that normal in your experiences for maybe specific patches? I don't intend to panic or anything but it's an annoyance as the hair felt like it was becoming easier to style and visually not stand out at the frontal hairline as much but this puts me back a little bit. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Melvin, i feel like you'd be best placed given you have had multiple procedures and likely to have maybe some experience on this front. 

I've been keeping a close eye on my hairline as things grow in and i know that sometimes there's uneven growth, but i have a particular area just off centre to the left of my frontal hairline and it does appear visibly thinner now than the right side in a similar place and generally the frontal hairline apart from that area is looking thinner. 

The kicker for me seems to be that it actually has gotten thinner within the last few months. Now my possible reason for this was that maybe some of the hair grew for a bit and got length but then maybe fell into a telogen phase and that's why they have shed in that area. 

Is that normal in your experiences for maybe specific patches? I don't intend to panic or anything but it's an annoyance as the hair felt like it was becoming easier to style and visually not stand out at the frontal hairline as much but this puts me back a little bit. 

Hair follicles are independent, they go through anagen de-synchronization. You may notice your hair look thinner in patches. Here’s a good video

• Like 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hair follicles are independent, they go through anagen de-synchronization. You may notice your hair look thinner in patches. Here’s a good video

So i have read about this and watched a previous video about it, but it seems unusual for it to happen i guess from most results you see within the first 12 months. Particularly even 5th to 6th month where an area seems to thin out i guess compared to the other areas. 

Right now, i'm hoping it's just temporary because if that's how it will look with de-synchronization then it's definitely not dense looking enough to look satisfactory to my eyes on an everyday basis without fibres, so i'll probably be going for a 2nd pass sooner rather than later. 

• Administrators

Haven’t had time to film a full update. Here are some crown shots. I’m exposing the crown rather than combing it back. This shows the true density. Very happy thus far at 10 months. I actually have a whorl now.

171EF899-F472-41AB-AFEF-0E21E206B52B.jpegFEFB7527-4DCD-4B77-8B05-5C8C335FD5C7.jpeg

• Like 12

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Haven’t had time to film a full update. Here are some crown shots. I’m exposing the crown rather than combing it back. This shows the true density. Very happy thus far at 10 months. I actually have a whorl now.

171EF899-F472-41AB-AFEF-0E21E206B52B.jpegFEFB7527-4DCD-4B77-8B05-5C8C335FD5C7.jpeg

Outstanding Melvin!

• Like 2

If you do visit India again Melvin it will be will be for some R&R only as the HT end of things are now finally put to bed by the looks of it ..

That’s precisely how a NW 1 would look if he got a comb and intentionally exposed his crown ..or thereabouts..

A delicious result thus far with a further cherry on top by 12 months im sure 👏

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Zoomster said:

If you do visit India again Melvin it will be will be for some R&R only as the HT end of things are now finally put to bed by the looks of it ..

That’s precisely how a NW 1 would look if he got a comb and intentionally exposed his crown ..or thereabouts..

A delicious result thus far with a further cherry on top by 12 months im sure 👏

Part of me wants to get another HT. Hit the coveted 10K graft mark. If I can get 75% of your crown growth ill be happy 😊 

• Like 2

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To anybody that didn't know you at all, it would just be seen as a bit of thinning and chalk it down to natural aging or lighting. The fact that it looks like that right now and is a complete rebuild of the crown is testament to how damn natural its looking. The crown may be seen as a black hole, but that's a damn fine use of grafts for coverage you got Melvin. 

As for the hair greed, i genuinely can't wait to see what everybody does once clone grafts become a thing lol. 

I personally think you've got a great result coming along with further maturity and refinement to come. It's looking on track for a stellar looking crown rebuild. 

• Like 1