4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, champybaby said:

Can you elaborate on the sea salt spray? I've been using a combo of a shine spray + harry's soft taming cream. What does this do? 

It makes your hair feel thicker. It’s an awesome product, been using it every day. Apply it after a shower, then blow dry and style. It gives hair a lot of volume. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

It’s officially one year today! What a rollercoaster year. I’m happy with my results and my wife says the difference is night and day. 

But I will admit that I don’t think this will be my last HT. My donor looks good, my beard looks untouched. I think one more HT focusing 100% in the crown and part line would complete the restoration. Right now I’m about 90% there, hair greed has set in. 

I just started Xyon so I don’t know if this will get me over the edge, only time will tell. Currently, I don’t take more than 5 minutes to style my hair. I just use the sea salt spray and and I’m good. I will still use some fibers for going out to dinner, or special occasions. I don’t have anything in these pictures besides sea salt spray. 

Happy New Years, this year will be even better. We have big plans for our community in 2023. 

A little clip from my entire journey.

9A261BFB-F1F1-4A8F-8191-1A3FBF16A6B3.jpeg

84A39901-FEC1-4011-B52B-233FB724D1E3.jpeg

CE38010C-FF62-43D7-A18A-103E239572CC.jpeg

6A0737FD-B2CD-4867-B1AD-0D1D21A34989.jpeg

B35CA637-1811-432E-8B2E-9A6CA3B5066A.jpeg

94DC5388-4E15-4AEE-B0A9-CFD0C1DC6470.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Wow 4
  • Well Done 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I would save those grafts for a rainy day. you have a UNREAL transformation already! 

This is going down in the record books as one of the most insane transformations. 

Curious who are you thinking you're gonna go to if you did do you final surgery?

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

I would save those grafts for a rainy day. you have a UNREAL transformation already! 

This is going down in the record books as one of the most insane transformations. 

Curious who are you thinking you're gonna go to if you did do you final surgery?

I don’t know that’s a good question. Dr. Sethi is honestly one of the best, and I’m very happy. But of course, I’ve always said, there’s never a best only best for your situation. Given that I’m a new father I may need to stay closer to home. I guess the smartest thing would be to wait a year to see how the topical finasteride works.

• Like 2

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

Your whole transformation is amazing but I can’t get over how natural those temples are. I would never, in my life, think that those had been rebuilt.

Your whole transformation really is stunning and not just from where you began. Yes, it is amazing from where you began but your whole head of hair looks so natural. You now just look like a guy with some slight natural recession in his temples.

Congratulations. You deserve it.

• Like 1

Looks great, very inspiring seeing these results considering where you came from. 

If I were you and given that you are still young and have a nice look you can easily live with, I personally would hold any remaining grafts off for a rainy day. Hair transplants thin, you had fue so these hair aren't all from the safest zone and you never know what might happen in 10-20 years.

• Like 1

Melvin your hair looks looks fantastic, Dr Sethi really brought his best work here. I wonder what is in store for your next chapter with XYON and maybe a final HT.

Curious to know how much do you think you can get from your beard?

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s officially one year today! What a rollercoaster year. I’m happy with my results and my wife says the difference is night and day. 

But I will admit that I don’t think this will be my last HT. My donor looks good, my beard looks untouched. I think one more HT focusing 100% in the crown and part line would complete the restoration. Right now I’m about 90% there, hair greed has set in. 

I just started Xyon so I don’t know if this will get me over the edge, only time will tell. Currently, I don’t take more than 5 minutes to style my hair. I just use the sea salt spray and and I’m good. I will still use some fibers for going out to dinner, or special occasions. I don’t have anything in these pictures besides sea salt spray. 

Happy New Years, this year will be even better. We have big plans for our community in 2023. 

Excellent result and super natural. Congrats !

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Wow that looks amazing. 

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Congrats @Melvin- Moderator, and HNY 2023! Thank you for all that you do for us, and provide us with great content/videos, I've personally gained a lot. I'm looking forward to using sea salt spray when my hair grows out this year, perhaps please make a video on how you apply it and add volume to your hair to look so amazing!

On 12/31/2022 at 6:23 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It makes your hair feel thicker. It’s an awesome product, been using it every day. Apply it after a shower, then blow dry and style. It gives hair a lot of volume. 

Thanks. The reality of getting a HT is spending money on all sorts of new products to find what works for you. That's been my experience. Though I'm always interested in trying a new product so I'll check it out.

I really like Harry Tame Cream (soft). It's cheap, but man, is it so much better than similar stuff I've spent $30+ for.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

Melvin quick question..if you were to have one more pass ..would you fully shave again ? If I were to go again I think I’d do unshaven ..if you’re active in the dating market the ugly duckling phase is rough .this one has been the toughest  ( as a single guy ) ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

Melvin quick question..if you were to have one more pass ..would you fully shave again ? If I were to go again I think I’d do unshaven ..if you’re active in the dating market the ugly duckling phase is rough .this one has been the toughest  ( as a single guy ) ..

I’d not go dating if you just had a HT. Just wait 6 months and go at it by then. You need to feel comfortable about yourself. You need to have self esteem and you need to have a healthy mental state to attract another healthy girl. 

just my two cents. 

but the OP has an insane transformation. You are a completely different guy!

• Like 2

Melvin- Impressive results in 2022 with Eugenix and what a 10 year transformation you've experienced!  When you say you may want another procedure for the crown and part line, are you just looking to add more density to where you part your hair?  I can't tell it's thinner at all in the pics and videos there so just curious.  Thanks for all you do for this community and for always being there for support.  Cheers!

Edited by Rynomite13
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 1/1/2023 at 2:01 PM, mister_25 said:

Melvin your hair looks looks fantastic, Dr Sethi really brought his best work here. I wonder what is in store for your next chapter with XYON and maybe a final HT.

Curious to know how much do you think you can get from your beard?

I would say I have at least 1,500 grafts left in my beard. Maybe 1,000 from my scalp. 

5 hours ago, Zoomster said:

I would NOT shave my head again. It took me 5 months to look some what normal. I’m not placing grafts all over my scalp. Thats the only time I would completely shave. 

1 hour ago, Rynomite13 said:

Melvin- Impressive results in 2022 with Eugenix and what a 10 year transformation you've experienced!  When you say you may want another procedure for the crown and part line, are you just looking to add more density to where you part your hair?  I can't tell it's thinner at all in the pics and videos there so just curious.  Thanks for all you do for this community and for always being there for support.  Cheers!

It doesn’t look bad when I style it, but when it’s exposed its weak. I think 500 or so grafts would make a huge difference. 3838F642-8160-4F03-910A-E6B95922A036.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

View my thread

On 12/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s a few more in harsher lighting, and a full top down.

7C85F245-9377-44F6-B00F-F62698D0EF12.jpeg

E75A746B-3E04-480D-B2AD-88D51D98F4BC.jpeg

7E3732D4-680B-416F-8A2D-02F2B0B6FC68.jpeg

Wow, what an AMAZING transformation Melvin! 
Love your temples and your super natural hairline design. SUPERB!

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Wow, what an AMAZING transformation Melvin! 
Love your temples and your super natural hairline design. SUPERB!

Thank you brotha, what hair products do you use? Love your hairstyle.

View my thread

On 1/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say I have at least 1,500 grafts left in my beard. Maybe 1,000 from my scalp. 

I would NOT shave my head again. It took me 5 months to look some what normal. I’m not placing grafts all over my scalp. Thats the only time I would completely shave. 

It doesn’t look bad when I style it, but when it’s exposed its weak. I think 500 or so grafts would make a huge difference. 3838F642-8160-4F03-910A-E6B95922A036.jpeg

Cheers for sharing this pic.

I style my hair right to left as opposed to front to back like you.

Can you please show us what the crown looks like from that perspective. From directly behind.

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

On 1/3/2023 at 6:12 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your sides are high, but your progression was clear.  Most men now wouldn't wear their hair with this type of balding, most going with the buzzed or shaved head look as the lesser of two evils.  I think in your case, Melvin, the no-hair look doesn't suit you.  Night and day, it would be a different visual perception of you if you were hiding your hair loss with shaving.  HT's have helped you maintain your youthful look.

image.png.c191453a4bf2f9c034f84a4e5581d7fe.png

Edited by AB2000
  • Like 3

• Valued Contributor

I think Melvin can really rock the bald look if he chose to which he has shared. However his hair characteristics are perfect for styling his hair transplant(s) back and the scalp and beard hair are pretty much a perfect match which is just an added bonus. His crown today (a year after his last surgery) is brilliant! 💯👌

• Like 1