4,000 Grafts (9k+ Grafts Total) Norwood 6/7 Dr. Sethi Eugenix *Will This Be My Last Hair Transplant?

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s nonsense when guys say you know what the HT looks like at 6 months. I was barely getting past the ugly duckling phase.

It’s always good for a laugh, though.

• Administrators

Final update. It's been a helluva year. So much has changed. I want to thank all of you who have followed my journey. I know I said this would be my last, but i'm considering getting one more 😏 hair greed has got me.

• Like 8
  • Well Done 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Night and day difference Melvin!! I agree that perhaps a few more grafts in the crown (with a focus on the lower crown area) will seal the deal and eliminate the need for any fibres. To be honest I do think you actually have good coverage in there right now, it is just a case that your scalp/skin contrast possibly not doing the result justice. The temples and hairline are just  flawless too.. they're a work of art! 

On a final note, want to express my gratitude for these monthly update vids, helped keep my sanity, especially with my crown growth by having them to benchmark against! 

Edited by Bandit90
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Night and day difference Melvin!! I agree that perhaps a few more grafts in the crown (with a focus on the lower crown area) will seal the deal and eliminate the need for any fibres. To be honest I do think you actually have good coverage in there right now, it is just a case that your scalp/skin contrast possibly not doing the result justice. The temples and hairline are just  flawless too.. they're a work of art! 

On a final note, want to express my gratitude for these monthly update vids, helped keep my sanity, especially with my crown growth by having them to benchmark against! 

Well, you focuses solely on the crown. I’m sure you will have better density. I didn’t focus on the crown. Next one, if I get one will be solely in the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

A vast improvement from where you were before last year. 

Good honest documentation with the lighting and comb throughs - I think your hair wet is particularly impressive. 

For HT #5 , should you go down that road, which I think you probably will do at some point - if 1000 scalp grafts are obtainable, I would personally look at adding around 400 of these into the hairline, to reinforce the frontal line with some buffering behind. 

600 multi’s from the scalp and a few hundred more BHT into the crown, would leave this more than up to standard. 

Hopefully the Xyon products will work out for you, and you can largely leave your hair loss worries behind in the past. 

Good job all around, 

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

Unreal result …and you just keep giving to us all on here Melvin ..thanks mate .

I can understand your temptation for a #5 …you’ve already decided ..” Do it 5 times ..do it right “ 😂

I wish I didn’t have my first surgery, which was a total waste. C’est la vie. Live and learn, wouldn’t be here now had I done it right the first time lol.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

A vast improvement from where you were before last year. 

Good honest documentation with the lighting and comb throughs - I think your hair wet is particularly impressive. 

For HT #5 , should you go down that road, which I think you probably will do at some point - if 1000 scalp grafts are obtainable, I would personally look at adding around 400 of these into the hairline, to reinforce the frontal line with some buffering behind. 

600 multi’s from the scalp and a few hundred more BHT into the crown, would leave this more than up to standard. 

Hopefully the Xyon products will work out for you, and you can largely leave your hair loss worries behind in the past. 

Good job all around, 

Tbh I don’t think I’ll add any more to the hairline. I feel confident from the front. If I do another I’ll concentrate 100% into the crown, which is my only area of concern left. Just started the topical dutasteride. I’m very excited, hopefully it thickens it up enough to where I don’t need another surgery.

• Like 1

View my thread

Awesome result Melvin!

One question: in the video you say that you're considering 1000 grafts from the donor area for the additional surgery. Why not use beard instead or at least in addition, given that you have a nice beard and have used it already? Were you not happy with the beard grafts outcome?

Edited by anotherhairlosssufferer

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Just started the topical dutasteride.

Interesting! What doctor did you get a prescription from and where are you buying it? Also, aren't you a little afraid of the side effects given that you had some from finasteride?

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

On 1/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea I’m hoping that the Xyon can strengthen this zone without surgery. But if not I may consider another procedure here. As for shaving my head. Some people say it looks good. I personally don’t like it. It only looks okay for a few days. Then it starts to look off because my density is lower and you can see the horse shoe pattern. 

8EAA58D9-99D6-4806-AEB7-D6FB2CADE569.png
EA39A201-3799-40E1-9FD6-FA175EBE663D.jpeg

The way your hair looks in the photo with the leather jacket is a good look for you mate! Looks super natural and dense.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

Interesting! What doctor did you get a prescription from and where are you buying it? Also, aren't you a little afraid of the side effects given that you had some from finasteride?

I got it from XYON I switched to their topical dutasteride this week. Below is a post from their patent studies. It’s super impressive.

So average ranges of DHT range from 0.38 to 3.27 nmol/L. Just so we understand.

Ok so after reading the results. This is how it’s broken down. 

Table 9 is looking at serum concentrations by the hour on day 28. That’s why you’re seeing an increase in serum DHT levels. So 1 hour after application the DHT levels drop than go back up after a 24 hour-period based on this graph. 

But for some their DHT levels are higher after application and gradually decrease after a 24-hour period. This reflects normal day to day fluctuations of testosterone and DHT. 

9ECD7773-F1EA-4CBF-BEC6-532E29642308.jpeg

The graph you want to look at is table 10 which tracks DHT serum levels from day 1 hour 0 (baseline) to day 28 hour 24. 

Graph 10 subject 1. He was 1.132 at day 1 0 hours or (baseline). On day 28 (24) hours, his levels were 0.981. A 0.151 difference, which equals 15.1%.  That means his DHT levels decreased by 15% at the end of 28 days. 

9CCF1403-27F4-41E5-BAC6-CAC0F7BD3943.jpeg

Only three subjects saw an increase in DHT, which were both still low in the average range. Subject 6 started at 0.317 (below average range) by the end he was at 0.693. Slightly above the 0.38 average. 

Subject 8 baseline was 0.517 by day 28 he was 0.911. Subject 10 started off at 0.928 and ended at 1.118. 

Now if you look at these results at face value you might think, the dut made DHT increase. But I don’t believe thats true, to me, this looks like 3 subjects had no decrease in DHT levels. Their levels fluctuated, as they do normally without any medication. 

For some reason table 11 looks at day 1 4h as the baseline instead of day 1 0h. This skews things, you’ll see some participants levels decreased and some increased after day 1 4 hours, so it makes their increase/decrease look higher. If you look at the baseline day 1 0 hour. You’ll see the differences were negligible. 

5CC7DDE9-696B-47F3-9C5D-560DA35C54F2.jpeg

Overall, the average decrease is around 10-12% depending on whether you look at baseline being 0 hour or 4 hours. This is WAY better than finasteride. No doubt about it. Its not even close. 

View my thread

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Hairboy67 said:

Melvin, you look great right now. However, if you were going to get procedure #5 would you shave your head again? and would you go back to India, or have it done in the states?

I would not shave my head again. I think it would be fairly easy to transplant in between my hair. I shaved my head because I was increasing density all over my scalp, this time around it would be only in one spot. 

I would love to stick with Dr. Sethi, he is one of the best, but traveling to India is tough for me at this moment given I have a newborn son. I know you shouldn't let location matter, but idk that's a tough one. 

• Like 1

View my thread

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would not shave my head again. I think it would be fairly easy to transplant in between my hair. I shaved my head because I was increasing density all over my scalp, this time around it would be only in one spot. 

I would love to stick with Dr. Sethi, he is one of the best, but traveling to India is tough for me at this moment given I have a newborn son. I know you shouldn't let location matter, but idk that's a tough one. 

Congratulations on having a son, I wonder if he'll ever find out about your transplants ;) i imagine you'll make him an expert on hair restoration by the time he's 10

Your result looks great, I think you have coarse hair. Did you ever get the microns counted? Do you know your average hairs per graft? Do you know how many grafts you'd need for one final procedure for the crown? I can't see it needing more than a few hundred honestly. 

Also, that salt spray you've been using seems really good for volume and styling. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Jerome said:

How was the trip to india were u scared nervous how did u get in the country.

It was great, I got in through a medical visa. I wasn’t scared at all. The food was phenomenal. The team makes you feel very welcomed. 

View my thread

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Pubichair said:

Don’t you rather wait with the 5th HT until you’rea not older? Just in case?

I’m not that young, I’ll be 38 this year. Now that I’ve started on topical dutasteride. I feel fairly confident I’ve lost the hair I was gonna lose. The dut should help with some regrowth.

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, Melvin.  Three HTs and I'm really happy with the way I look from the front.  But the damn crown is definitely a black hole of grafts and like you, I could definitely use at least a few hundred more there to really shore it up and never have to think about fibers again.  I'm 55 though and a slightly thinning crown looks fine so I'll probably not do a fourth.  If I was 38, I'd definitely think about it.  Congrats on a great transformation and an amazing journey.  Thanks for honestly sharing your experience and wisdom with all of us.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I got it from XYON I switched to their topical dutasteride this week. Below is a post from their patent studies. It’s super impressive.

So average ranges of DHT range from 0.38 to 3.27 nmol/L. Just so we understand.

Ok so after reading the results. This is how it’s broken down. 

Table 9 is looking at serum concentrations by the hour on day 28. That’s why you’re seeing an increase in serum DHT levels. So 1 hour after application the DHT levels drop than go back up after a 24 hour-period based on this graph. 

But for some their DHT levels are higher after application and gradually decrease after a 24-hour period. This reflects normal day to day fluctuations of testosterone and DHT. 

9ECD7773-F1EA-4CBF-BEC6-532E29642308.jpeg

The graph you want to look at is table 10 which tracks DHT serum levels from day 1 hour 0 (baseline) to day 28 hour 24. 

Graph 10 subject 1. He was 1.132 at day 1 0 hours or (baseline). On day 28 (24) hours, his levels were 0.981. A 0.151 difference, which equals 15.1%.  That means his DHT levels decreased by 15% at the end of 28 days. 

9CCF1403-27F4-41E5-BAC6-CAC0F7BD3943.jpeg

Only three subjects saw an increase in DHT, which were both still low in the average range. Subject 6 started at 0.317 (below average range) by the end he was at 0.693. Slightly above the 0.38 average. 

Subject 8 baseline was 0.517 by day 28 he was 0.911. Subject 10 started off at 0.928 and ended at 1.118. 

Now if you look at these results at face value you might think, the dut made DHT increase. But I don’t believe thats true, to me, this looks like 3 subjects had no decrease in DHT levels. Their levels fluctuated, as they do normally without any medication. 

For some reason table 11 looks at day 1 4h as the baseline instead of day 1 0h. This skews things, you’ll see some participants levels decreased and some increased after day 1 4 hours, so it makes their increase/decrease look higher. If you look at the baseline day 1 0 hour. You’ll see the differences were negligible. 

5CC7DDE9-696B-47F3-9C5D-560DA35C54F2.jpeg

Overall, the average decrease is around 10-12% depending on whether you look at baseline being 0 hour or 4 hours. This is WAY better than finasteride. No doubt about it. Its not even close. 

Do you think I should switch to duasteride xyon? Instead of the finasteride 

• Like 1