Eugenix | November 2022 | NW 3V | Dr. Arika Bansal

ZeeMan

Hello,

I've been on this site for almost a decade, and recently decided to take the leap and get a HT procedure done. I'm in my late late 40's, and have MPB, it has progressed over time, and I was classified as NW 3V by multiple clinics. Right before the pandemic started, I consulted with a reputed Doc in Texas, and have been on Finisteride & Minoxidil (foam) for the last 2.5 years. This has helped, no more hairloss, and the quality of hair definitely got better.

I consulted with Dr.Arika Bansal @Eugenix Hair Sciences during her visit this past summer to the US, she was gracious enough to do a video consultation while she was with her family at a theme park in Orlando (I could not travel to where Eugenix was touring). Based on this consultation, I booked for a HT procedure in early November (coming up in a couple weeks), and I selected the premium package with Dr. Bansal as the lead doctor. They have recommended based on my pictures (which I've attached), 4000 grafts ( 1200 -> Front, 400 -> Temples, 2000 - 2500 -> Crown) of which ~900 will come from the beard. Again this is subject to change when an in-person consultation is done in their offices.

My priorities are #1: Temples (they are completely washed out), #2: Front density and hairline, #3 Crown.

This forum is super helpful, and thanks to @Melvin- Moderatorfor taking my call, and proving the needed guidance. Also, thanks to @Bb111 for being very responsive in answering some of my queries. I plan to also chat with @MazAB , once he is back in the states. The plan is to stay till I get my 1st and 2nd head-wash, and looking forward to the input from this forum.

I'll continue to update this thread as I make progress, and share my journey & experiences.

IMG_4863.jpeg

IMG_4861.jpeg

IMG_4848.jpeg

IMG_4847.jpeg

IMG_4840.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey @ZeeMan. Happy to be of help. Excited to follow your journey.

I do think donor management is going to be key for you. I also think their plan for you is very similar to mine in terms of the numbers of grafts  into the crown, temples, etc. I hope my journey so far is a peak into your future. Please feel free to reach out if needed. Otherwise good luck and happy growing. 

Edited by Bb111

Thank you, and Yes, I'm going to go with something very similar to your design.

4 minutes ago, Bb111 said:

Hey @ZeeMan. Happy to be of help. Excited to follow your journey.

I do think donor management is going to be key for you. I also think their plan for you is very similar to mine in terms of graft placement (crown, temples, etc.) I hope my journey so far is a peak into your future. Please feel free to reach out if needed. Otherwise good luck and happy growing. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright folks, I landed in Delhi yesterday and visited the clinic @Eugenix Hair Science today for preop tests. Rajat was very helpful, and answered a lot of questions. Also ran into Dr.Arika, and a couple of patients. The fun starts tomorrow, will keep you guys posted.

I’m staying at the Westin, if anyone is here during the next 10 days, let me know and we can catch up.
By the way, the smog in Delhi is the worst I’ve ever encountered.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZeeMan said:

Alright folks, I landed in Delhi yesterday and visited the clinic @Eugenix Hair Science today for preop tests. Rajat was very helpful, and answered a lot of questions. Also ran into Dr.Arika, and a couple of patients. The fun starts tomorrow, will keep you guys posted.

I’m staying at the Westin, if anyone is here during the next 10 days, let me know and we can catch up.
By the way, the smog in Delhi is the worst I’ve ever encountered.

Nice! Mine is next week! Nov 16-17

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

So, I’m 2 days post my HT, the experience is the same, everyone who goes to Eugenix gets treated the same irrespective of the package. 
Day 1: I went in at 9am, got vitals checked, then it was design and planning time, I went prepared, thanks to @Melvin- Moderator and @MazAB, I asked a lot of my Qs. Besides Dr.Arika, there were a lot of other Docs present, they seemed to be also recording this design session. I showed some pictures of previous patients from this forum, example @Bb111, and asked for something similar. Dr Arika drew a design, I looked at it, stressed that my priorities in order were: 1/ donor mgmt, 2/ temples, 3/ hairline density, and finally 4/ crown coverage. Based on this she gave me a bit more aggressive temples, widows peak, and stated she can do 35 - 45 cm2 of density. I asked what was my glabella length, she measured, it was already 7 with my current hairline, so I suggested, we lower that a bit and make it 6.5 in. I don’t recollect everything but I asked different things, I had my notes with me. She mentioned I have done good research, and she can take care of the rest. BTW, I did name drop Melvin, and Armen many times :)

After this, hair was trimmed to make me look stupid, but that is part of the process. I have to say, the most painful part of this whole experience has been the anesthesia injections, don’t kid yourself, it hurts like hell, especially the beard ones, be prepared. I even told the 2 tech ladies, they were my most favorite people in the OT :)

As per my package, Dr Arika did all the slits, which I should say was done pretty fast, she knows what she is doing. At the every  beginning I told her, I am going to stop talking, so she can do her magic! She even did the initial extractions, where she figured my hair was of thick caliber, and she needed to use the 1mm punch. After this the techs take over, extractions are done in parts, so they can implant them as per DHI process. This was repeated, and don’t forget the fav part, the anesthesia injections, god bless them! During all this process, there was also a doctor in the OT, I personally had Dr. Das, Dr. Shishir, Dr. Veneeta, and Dr. Anil present at various times, maybe it was a slow day, but I was not complaining other then praying for my fav tech to be gentle on me with the anesthesia injections lol.

Day 1 wrapped up with ~1300 grafts, went back with the care package. I was hungry, so went to the EEEst restaurant in the westin, had a light meal so I can take the medicine later. Sleeping was interesting, but I did sleep 2-3 hrs each time.

Day 2: Was back in the clinic at 8am, and was in the OT soon after. This was the long session day, everything was like a well oiled machine, many senior techs were coming to do their special part, which is really good, you can tell from the colors of their uniforms. The tech doing the beard extractions, he was super smooth, this is where Eugenix shines in my opinion.

At some point towards the end, Dr. Arika was back, and she wanted to put more slits to give me a bit more density. The way I understood, the doctors involved are all checking and communicating in the background, to make sure things are progressing as planned, and I had communicated my priorities upfront.

Day 2 was long, we went till almost ~3pm to complete everything, before I got to have my lunch. At this point a total of 3370 grafts were implanted. After lunch, hair was trimmed, pictures taken, post surgery instructions etc etc. I was tired, but I was not in pain.

Graft breakdown

Total: 3370 (beard: 522)

Crown: 805

RT: 253 LT: 283

I am staying till I get my hair wash in 7 days, and have been to the clinic already for my donor cleaning etc.

The experience has been very good so far, and I’m looking forward to my journey. Hope this helps others, as I’ve gained a lot from this forum. Also, I put this forum HTN, and Melvin/Armen for my decision to go with Eugenix.

There is more to share, perhaps later. Cheers!

5F0DE1D0-D869-4640-8E28-550EAABD142F.jpeg

60C7C8A4-9513-4CD1-8E81-B6DCB39E5CB6.jpeg

9335EB16-EEFD-47ED-B124-9EA6649843AA.jpeg

6FA617F4-E0F1-46FA-9E34-9AFBA73F4532.jpeg

• Like 2

More details, I’m pleasantly surprised at the number of non-single hair grafts.

Also, just got my 2nd donor dressing done, and I found out the senior tech who did my beard hair extractions is Dr.P’s cousin, and like one the best tech there, his name is Kabul. You can’t go wrong with this guy and your beard graft survival!

B3789EB2-E21C-44EA-BD9D-9E6188B98B13.jpeg

10 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

how often do you have to do donor cleaning?

Also, how was the 2nd day sleep

Donor cleaning is done once a day for 7 days. Eugenix will give you the package to do it yourself, but I decided to stay and go into the clinic.

Sleep is getting better, the donor oozing stopped after 2 days, and I use the neck pillow to sleep. There is nice video by Melvin, that shows how to use the neck pillow along with the pillow protector sheet, makes me sleep straight and get a good rest. 

7 hours ago, MazAB said:

Dr Arika did an incredible job on you! With the higher density she was able to achieve, you may very well be a one and done. Fingers crossed😉🤞

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Thanks @MazAB I’m definitely not planning on a 2nd procedure. 🤞🏽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 Week Update.

I'm back home, stayed in Delhi till the 2nd head wash, but like most, the 1st wash only removed 20-30% of the scabs, so later that evening, I followed @Melvin- Moderator's video on cleaning scabs to the T, got 99% of the scabs out by myself. The 2nd (3rd actually) wash as a breeze at the Eugenix clinic. I even took some pictures, and was done. During my 11 day stay there, I was invited to the Farmhouse, where I spend some quality time with Dr.P & few other patients.

I'm 2 week out since the HT, attached are the pics I took (and shared with @Eugenix Hair Sciences), I'm doing alright overall, but concerned about the skin dis-coloration around the implanted area which clearly shows a HT was done. What is the general consensus on this? Does this resolve/go-away in weeks/months? I've to hide behind a cap currently.....which is not convenient. Donor seems to be healing well, time will tell. Beard donor area has 100% recovered, I'm unable to tell the difference.

Besides this, no major issues, no shedding so far, no itch either. The implanted areas feel different, compared to the the un-implanted areas, I'm assuming this will resolve in a few weeks?

One funny observation: When my kid looked at me for the 1st time since the HT, he said, 'You have the letter M on your head'...lol...mission accomplished!!

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5548.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

Edited by ZeeMan
correct typos

On 11/24/2022 at 2:31 AM, ZeeMan said:

stayed in Delhi till the 2nd head wash, but like most, the 1st wash only removed 20-30% of the scabs

When is recommended 1st head wash and 2nd? I am planning to stay 7 days post ht and they said they'd do head wash. I thought most scabbing would be done by then.. but sounds like not the case from you comment?

14 hours ago, messda said:

When is recommended 1st head wash and 2nd? I am planning to stay 7 days post ht and they said they'd do head wash. I thought most scabbing would be done by then.. but sounds like not the case from you comment?

Hi @messdaThe clinic will not do the 1st wash before the 7th day, so plan accordingly. Also, typically only 20-30% of scabs come-off during the 1st wash, so you will need 2-3 washes to get all the scabs out. Hope that helps.