Top 5 FUE/FUT docs, 2020 edition

But I agree, a top doctor like Konior is a different product/level of service. He quoted me $12/graft FUE and is booked for 18 months! This is an artists handbuilding ferrari engines. I opted for his associate Dr. Nadami instead at $8/graft FUE and 4 month waitlist. 

Both doctors hand extract and transplant each and every graft vs outsourcing this to a technician. I wouldnt bash either approach, but I consider this a diffferent service level being paid for. I opt for handbuilt vs outsourced due to the risk and my willingness to pay upfront and get the job right the first time

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smurf said:

But I agree, a top doctor like Konior is a different product/level of service. He quoted me $12/graft FUE and is booked for 18 months! This is an artists handbuilding ferrari engines. I opted for his associate Dr. Nadami instead at $8/graft FUE and 4 month waitlist. 

Both doctors hand extract and transplant each and every graft vs outsourcing this to a technician. I wouldnt bash either approach, but I consider this a diffferent service level being paid for. I opt for handbuilt vs outsourced due to the risk and my willingness to pay upfront and get the job right the first time

Absolutely 👏 Look forward to seeing your result. You chose well. 

I don´t believe any of the leading surgeons put concealer in their hair for a better result. But it is really interesting that there is a problem to find results posted by patients od Dr. Couto. His waiting list is insane. But also Dra. Ximena Vila is fully booked till May 2022 and Dr. De Freitas has also long waiting list...

On 10/12/2020 at 8:56 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Honestly, I think you're stuck in 2015. Your posts, your lists, it just seems like you're stuck in a time warp, probably because you don't come here often. Yes, our surgeons sponsor the forum, that is how we're able to keep the forum up and running without any ads or pop-ups. I personally don't get paid by any surgeons, so you are mistaken there. Lists are subjective, but one thing that is not are real reviews. There are only a handful of surgeons who have over a dozen real patient reviews that are successful and with happy patients.  Dr. Konior is one of them. He's definitely high up on my list. 

He's has over a dozen reviews that have matured in the last year and a hal

Haha. What a joke. Most of the cases you posted are from previous years.

And you DO get paid by advertisers looking to add themselves to that list of "approved surgeons". Or are you now making that list for free?

Edited by whattheFUE

On 10/13/2020 at 4:08 AM, Portugal25 said:

@whattheFUE I have to agree with @Melvin-Moderator because it makes zero sense to place Keser in that list as this is a Doctor that doesn`t use a microscope, doesn´t speak English (recluse from the international FUE scene) and cherry picks his patients.

Couto has almost no real patients at the Spanish forum as it`s dominated by Dr. Bruno Pinto (Porto) and Dr. Ximena Villa (Madrid). He is however fully booked for more than 2 years and does seem tk be achieving great results.

Dr. Rafael De Freitas started working in this field at the Portuguese Hairmill C2MC (2010-2012) where techs do your surgery with little supervision from the Doctor so I`m baffled as to how a Doctor with 2 years experience at a Hairmill plus 2 years of experience at some clinics and hospital in Spain prior to opening his own clinic is now awarded a spot on a Top 10 list.

Hattingen is in my opinion the best for anyone looking for FUT Mega Sessions other than that I would recommend other surgeons.

Hasson&Wong are legends and do belong in any top 10 list even if they do use techs do the part of the surgery (probably some of the best techs in the world).

Portugal,

I put caveats but I certainly think Keser as a softer touch. Comparing him to docs that don't use a microscope he's still getting better results. That's just my opinion.

The Spanish forums have a HUGE amount of cases published by patients for those two unless they're fake accounts.

Freitas's results are too consistent to ignore him. Maybe you could call him Rookie of the Year, but certainly better results than guys who have been around forever.

I agree w Hasson on the top 10 list. Wong has too many screw ups.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:41 AM, Gasthoerer said:

How does Nadimi make it on your list? And this is an honest question no critique. 

Granted she has a great teacher but she has how much posted reviews? 3? 5? And she does this for only a couple of years while still doing nose jobs etc. 

Also, I think Konior and Nadimi using pre-made slits and not implanter pens or am I mislead?

I wouldn't put Nadimi up there because I've heard a few people on here talk about personality issues with her and I'm not really that wowed by her results.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:26 AM, Portugal25 said:

Here`s my opinion on the best of best.

TOP FUE Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior 

Dr. Bruno Ferreira 

Dr. Bruno Pinto 

Dr. Sahar Nadimi 

TOP Combined FUE + BHT Doctors

HLC Ankara

Dr. Kaan Pekiner 

Dr. Sethi or Dr. Arika @ Eugenix 

TOP FUT Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

Hasson&Wong 

Dr. Sever Muresanu 

Feller&Bloxham 

I can't take any list seriously with Feller on it. That guys results, even at his best, were average. And he's done nothing lately.

Blake and Nadimi are too new and unproven. If they were putting our results like Freitas maybe. But they're not even close.

And Eugenix? After all that's happened here with them?

This is not a good list.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, whattheFUE said:

Haha. What a joke. Most of the cases you posted are from previous years.

And you DO get paid by advertisers looking to add themselves to that list of "approved surgeons". Or are you now making that list for free?

This is not my website. I don’t get paid by any surgeon. I do this as a passion to help other hair loss sufferers. Go troll elsewhere 👋🏼 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
Just now, PizzaWolf said:

???

This guy is a troll. Don’t pay attention to anything he says.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, champybaby said:

I'll stop after this as this convo is going in circles. But what patients? Where are they? Members around here travel far and wide to see the best. And idk if members would have spoken up; the dopamine hit you get from social platforms is indeed a very real thing.

Wish everyone the best in this "who is better Jordan or Lebron" convo.

LeBron, obviously 

On 10/12/2020 at 1:53 PM, champybaby said:

Yea, I'm going to go ahead and say you're wrong re: Konior. He is perhaps the best in the entire world. If he did YouTube videos and marketing like the rest of the names you mentioned I'm willing to be he'd be at the top of your list.

Er, have you seen Couto's* YouTube channel? It's a more successful marketing vehicle to capture patients at scale versus posting here. That's why he doesn't post here. If you knew Konior you'd know he posts here as a contribution to the craft; he's not posting here to capture customers.

Anyway. Konior's work  made a huge impact on the quality of my life nearly eight years ago. He's* the only doctor I'll work with because he is the best. I'd argue that 20, 30 years from now people will regard him as one of the greats. He is a trailblazer.

Aside, to suggest someone who is selective of his patients (Kesser) over Konior doesn't make sense. Kesser doesn't take risks to help people who really need help, while Konior does. Just my two bits.

Looking forward to your new thread ... wondering how your 2013 results have held up, and what role meds have played in your journey. 

Hair Clinics - YouTube Channels
So I see some say that having a YouTube channel is just a marketing vehicle to get patients? Da!!! And, what is posting results in this or other Forums? It is completely the same. Marketing.

Whatever we do in our lives in order that others, family, friends, coworkers can see and appreciate, that is Marketing! When we drive our BMW or Mercedes or Ford, we are Marketing ourselves having this status or the other ... nowadays, ALL is marketing because we are social beings and more than ever, we like to be appreciated, either at work or playing football with your friends on a Sunday morning... who doesnt want to be noticed? 

Now, how is it possible that nowadays, in this DIGITAL ERA, many hair clinics are NOT posting their video results on YouTube. I have been wondering about this for a long time and know that you have raised this marketing topic I wanted to share with you...

We have some doctors with the BEST results of the moment like Freitas, H&W, Couto, Eugenix, Lorenzo who are indeed uploading videos regularly... Why other clinics/doctors, do not publish videos of their results? Wouldnt you love to have a lot more results on video?

And again, I wonder... Hair Clinics not publish their results on YouTube ... could it be that those videos might "expose" their results too much and with therefore some clinics might lose some of their "status"? They could just use the concealer and, voila, perfect results!!! Let´s be seriuos. We all know, it´s not as easy to hide a "not so good hair transplant result" captured on video as it is on photos... Before-After photos are a lot easier to manipulate...

I have done a quick RESEARCH for Hair Transplant Clinic´s YouTube channels and FUExpert Clinic, led by Dr Juan Couto, is on way on TOP ... and the comparison with the rest, except from Freitas and Eugenix, it´s quite huge in terms of "FANS":

- Top 3 HAIR CLINICS YouTube Channels -

Dr Couto has 77 videos and 54.100 followers 
Dr Freitas has 76 videos and 47.300 followers
Eugenix Clinic has 435 videos and 22.200 followers

- Rest of Hair Clinics -

Dr Lorenzo has 877 videos and 13.900 followers
Dr Feller has 245 videos and 3.040 followers
Dr Lupanzula has 191 videos and 1.800 followers

Hasson & Wong has 218 videos and 1.800 followers
Dr Rahal has 74 videos and 1.200 followers
Dr Bernstein has 62 videos and 1190 followers
Hattingen Hair Clinic has 198 videos and 784 followers
Dr Arocha has 82 videos and 648 followers
Dr Bisanga has 112 videos and 328 followers
Dr Bruno Pinto has 20 videos and 453 followers
Dr Konior has 15 videos and 14 followers

Questions:
1. How could there be such a difference in followers from Couto and Freitas in comparison with the rest of the Hair Clinics?

2. How come some doctors are not uploading their cases on YouTube being videos the BEST option to show the true NATURALNESS of hair transplant results? 

3. Could Hair Clinics be avoiding posting videos on YouTube and Instagram cause it might jeopardize their status?

* Extra: Have you noticed Lorenzo 800 videos !!! That number is INSANE!

Well, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and see what you might think...
Hope all of you are safe!
Best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

So I see some say that having a YouTube channel is just a marketing vehicle to get patients? Da!!! And, what is posting results in this or other Forums? It is completely the same. Marketing.

Whatever we do in our lives in order that others, family, friends, coworkers can see and appreciate, that is Marketing! When we drive our BMW or Mercedes or Ford, we are Marketing ourselves having this status or the other ... nowadays, ALL is marketing because we are social beings and more than ever, we like to be appreciated, either at work or playing football with your friends on a Sunday morning... who doesnt want to be noticed? 

Now, how is it possible that nowadays, in this DIGITAL ERA, many hair clinics are NOT posting their video results on YouTube. I have been wondering about this for a long time and know that you have raised this marketing topic I wanted to share with you...

We have some doctors with the BEST results of the moment like Freitas, H&W, Couto, Eugenix, Lorenzo who are indeed uploading videos regularly... Why other clinics/doctors, do not publish videos of their results? Wouldnt you love to have a lot more results on video?

And again, I wonder... Hair Clinics not publish their results on YouTube ... could it be that those videos might "expose" their results too much and with therefore some clinics might lose some of their "status"? They could just use the concealer and, voila, perfect results!!! Let´s be seriuos. We all know, it´s not as easy to hide a "not so good hair transplant result" captured on video as it is on photos... Before-After photos are a lot easier to manipulate...

I have done a quick RESEARCH for Hair Transplant Clinic´s YouTube channels and FUExpert Clinic, led by Dr Juan Couto, is on way on TOP ... and the comparison with the rest, except from Freitas and Eugenix, it´s quite huge in terms of "FANS":

- Rest of Hair Clinics -

Questions:
1. How could there be such a difference in followers from Couto and Freitas in comparison with the rest of the Hair Clinics?

2. How come some doctors are not uploading their cases on YouTube being videos the BEST option to show the true NATURALNESS of hair transplant results? 

3. Could Hair Clinics be avoiding posting videos on YouTube and Instagram cause it might jeopardize their status?

Well, I just wanted to share my thoughts with you and see what you might think...
Best!

Thanks that’s very interesting info 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators

Unfortunately, most clinics don’t know or have the time to consistently upload videos. It really takes a team, I upload myself to our channel, and with all of my other responsibilities, I could see how some clinics don’t have the time. That said, I think every quality clinic should be uploading weekly. 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

- Rest of Hair Clinics -

Questions:

Best!

As a basic rule, the clear association here is that younger doctors + younger clinics are more interested in digital marketing. Not exactly a surprise. Various older surgeons have already established a reputation and therefore don't require the same level of marketing or are simply adverse to newer forms of technology, or don't want to invest in someone to manage this aspect of a business. As you say, many can't hold up to modern top Youtube surgeons so it doesn't make sense to contest against them.

I would also consider that younger surgeons who have learned their craft from the most modern set of data and information, utilise the newest tools/equipment and have better overall physical coordination than doctors in their 60s and 70s are likely to be better overall. Hasson/Wong and Konior here are the only examples where I'm fairly sure they're in their 70s but still managing to lead the industry which is no small feat. Certain older surgeons here like Arocha and Bernstein, as well as Lindsey come to mind where they are clearly competent and do good work but while the top end of the industry has blasted forward they largely haven't moved with them. As a newer surgeon, to compete and have your name recognized you ultimately need higher standards or better results.

• Like 1

Very good post @OliverAtom. We can't divide our research into clinic posted=bad and patient posted=good. It doesn't work like that. You need to use your eyes and be honest to yourself about what you're seeing.

If you're watching a clinic posted youtube vid where they are combing through the hair and doing so in natural or harsh lighting then what you see is the truth, although be it a top case that they want to show off. It's still a real result.

Likewise if you see a patient on here post a blurry pic in flattering light that makes a hairline look dense then what you see is probably a lie.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 12:38 AM, OliverAtom said:

- Rest of Hair Clinics -

Questions:

Best!

Also Asmed has a lot of videos on YouTube and I don´t consider them a good clinic. Dr. Lorenzo´s work is permanent good. And Dr. Couto and Dr. DeFreitas have most impressive results in present and last period...

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 12:38 AM, OliverAtom said:

You missing the point. Of course Youtube, facebook and instagram are marketing just like a clinic posting results in here. It is the patient posted results which separates this forum from youtube. This might be self marketing from the patient but it is not pre-selected by the clinic (even though some are, but they can be recognized quickly). This is the most valuable info, as it is not cherry picked. 

Which way of marketing they clinic use will depend on many factors. As @JayLDD said: Age is one aspect. Another beeing the cultural background and the type of clients a clinic wants to attract. The typical 20 year old might not be able to afford a "Konior" (and he would not perform surgery on him), but might be attracted from Turkish "all inclusive" clinics on instagram. The traditional Konior patient might not even have an instagram account.

Also, there is a clear "follower" aspect as "social behaviour" is infectious: The spanish/portugese clinics seems to focus more on youtube, so do the turkish. The US clinics or the belgium clinics not so much. The spanish/portugese clincis also "all" share the same methods (Implanter Pen) as well... 

Last but not least: The acceptance of plastic surgery is much higher in certain cultures than in others. In many countries you will have a hard time convincing  patients to agree to videos of themselves on youtube. 

Last but not least: Of course a pic can be deceive. Just look at the crown pic in my signature. BUT, a video can be deceive too. Lightning etc. has the same effect. And Couto is the (!) master in using this to his advantage. He is using perfect lightning, pseudo wet hair (while combing with a fine comb in the direction of the swirl), patients with great hair characteristics etc. His result are great, but he cannot do wonders as a HT is pure math. The best results from all top clinics are all the same (density wise): ~30-50 % of the original density depending on the area transplanted with 90+ % growth (as only this results are presented).

If you based on videos think that one clinic is way better than all others, you have already fallen to the trap. 

• Like 4