Top 5 FUE/FUT docs, 2020 edition

On 10/23/2020 at 4:24 AM, servonoparecchicapelli said:

Couto and Freitas are booked until 2022. H&W and Konior are for people like Trump, Bezos etc.

HnW are affordable for the average American working in an area that requires a college degree. Particularly when looking at their FUT cost along with overall consistency and level of results they undeniably look like one of the best value clinics globally. 

In my opinion unless you're firmly part of the "1%" Konior should be avoided at those prices. That speaks nothing of his results which are clearly among the best globally, but chances are the money would be better spent elsewhere at those levels. He's raised prices to match his reputation and patient interest but at the $10+ a graft mark he's taking the piss when it comes to providing any sort of consideration to value. Good on him if he still provides great results but no one should pay those prices unless they can actually afford it. Most people are better off choosing a surgeon with prices where they have no issues going to for further procedures subsequent to more hairloss or desire a touchup.

The over emphasis on whether or not a company uses techs for extractions or implantations on this entire thread by the way is totally overstated. Certain clinics get attacked for it while others are consistently praised and it never gets brought up. Hasson/Wong use techs for extractions and I've virtually never seen it criticised, the consistent longer term results matter massively more than whether or not the doctor is doing all parts of the procedure. Same situation with Lorenzo or Dr. Villa. I don't need to pay a 3 star Michelin chef to kill and butcher a cow for me if its going to 10x the cost of a steak. 

I also saw a representative for Dr. Bhatti and I think also Dr. Maras recently on this forum attacking use of techs in FUE despite the fact that those two surgeons both utilize techs in extractions or implantations or both. It just comes across like vapid virtue signalling or people trying to convince themselves they made a good decision in paying more than the average person can afford for results they could have got with a cheaper surgeon that uses techs regardless.

The Criticisms of Keser and Freitas here seem unfounded. A few poor cases or an individual complaining about 1 or 2 multi-grafts in their hairline is a terrible way to judge overall results. In one instance on another forum a patient had a virtually flawless hairline, incredible density and yield with maybe 2-3 multis in the entire hairline (for which even I guarantee experienced members here would not notice in person) and after complaining they were accepted for free repair work by Keser. In regards to Freitas, there are significant numbers of consistent patient posted and clinic posted cases and he's undeniably doing some of the best FUE work in the world. Whether or not he started working at a cheap hairmill says absolutely nothing about his current standards which are clearly very high no matter who you compare him. Using the "he uses techs" argument is thoughtless and the "no patient posted cases"  just means you need to get better at using Google searches.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

HnW are affordable for the average American working in an area that requires a college degree. Particularly when looking at their FUT cost along with overall consistency and level of results they undeniably look like one of the best value clinics globally. 

In my opinion unless you're firmly part of the "1%" Konior should be avoided at those prices. That speaks nothing of his results which are clearly among the best globally, but chances are the money would be better spent elsewhere at those levels. He's raised prices to match his reputation and patient interest but at the $10+ a graft mark he's taking the piss when it comes to providing any sort of consideration to value. Good on him if he still provides great results but no one should pay those prices unless they can actually afford it. Most people are better off choosing a surgeon with prices where they have no issues going to for further procedures subsequent to more hairloss or desire a touchup.

The over emphasis on whether or not a company uses techs for extractions or implantations on this entire thread by the way is totally overstated. Certain clinics get attacked for it while others are consistently praised and it never gets brought up. Hasson/Wong use techs for extractions and I've virtually never seen it criticised, the consistent longer term results matter massively more than whether or not the doctor is doing all parts of the procedure. Same situation with Lorenzo or Dr. Villa. I don't need to pay a 3 star Michelin chef to kill and butcher a cow for me if its going to 10x the cost of a steak. 

I also saw a representative for Dr. Bhatti and I think also Dr. Maras recently on this forum attacking use of techs in FUE despite the fact that those two surgeons both utilize techs in extractions or implantations or both. It just comes across like vapid virtue signalling or people trying to convince themselves they made a good decision in paying more than the average person can afford for results they could have got with a cheaper surgeon that uses techs regardless.

The Criticisms of Keser and Freitas here seem unfounded. A few poor cases or an individual complaining about 1 or 2 multi-grafts in their hairline is a terrible way to judge overall results. In one instance on another forum a patient had a virtually flawless hairline, incredible density and yield with maybe 2-3 multis in the entire hairline (for which even I guarantee experienced members here would not notice in person) and after complaining they were accepted for free repair work by Keser. In regards to Freitas, there are significant numbers of consistent patient posted and clinic posted cases and he's undeniably doing some of the best FUE work in the world. Whether or not he started working at a cheap hairmill says absolutely nothing about his current standards which are clearly very high no matter who you compare him. Using the "he uses techs" argument is thoughtless and the "no patient posted cases"  just means you need to get better at using Google searches.

@JayLDD H&W are pretty much the most famous hair transplant clinic in the world and any technician/nurse working in this field would kill to be able to work at H&W so you can be certain they will have the best techs in the field maybe even better than many HT Doctors. So obviously a surgery at H&W with techs involved will continue to provide great results especially if it`s FUT where the tech team is crucial to get a good result.

The issue with Dr. Kesser isn`t simply a few real patients with poorly made hairlines but also the fact that in 2020 he`s still not using a microscope during surgery and he`s a recluse of the HT world because he doesn`t speak any English (I have several Doctors in my immediate family and friends and they all say "In 2020 a MD that doesn`t speak English is simply unacceptable".). The Doctors I know all attend International Conferences and Lectures in their respective fields which also happens for HT so how can a Doctor with zero English be able to learn from his peers, network and develop his craft...

I had a Doctor perform my whole and this is now my preference but ofcouse there are others Docs doing pre-made slits with technicians implating or extractings that also have great results so I`m not bashing Docs that use techs, simply saying it´s not my preference.

I fully agree that it doesn`t matter where Dr. De Freitas began working in this field what matters if the consistent amazing results he is getting. If he did only 1 patient per day he would be on my TOP 5 FUE Docs along with Couto.

How can Couto realistically be in anyone's top 5 list?

He's like a hair restoration Keyser Soze. No one knows anyone personally who's been to him. No one can even confirm details about how he conducts surgery. And in spite of claims to the contrary, he DOES NOT have hundreds of patient posted reviews on Spanish forums, only cases posted by his clinic (the same ones he uses on his Youtube).

Does he have a website? What's his hair restoration background?

2 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

How can Couto realistically be in anyone's top 5 list?

He's like a hair restoration Keyser Soze. No one knows anyone personally who's been to him. No one can even confirm details about how he conducts surgery. And in spite of claims to the contrary, he DOES NOT have hundreds of patient posted reviews on Spanish forums, only cases posted by his clinic (the same ones he uses on his Youtube).

Does he have a website? What's his hair restoration background?

He used to have website, but now it is under construction. His has the longest waiting list from all HT surgeons. But one thing is true. It is almost impossible to find some result of Couto´s work posted by patient... I am very curious why...

I have found this:

http://hairwin.blogspot.com/2014/10/dr-juan-couto-i-cirujano-cubano.html

Edited by miko

55 minutes ago, miko said:

He used to have website, but now it is under construction. His has the longest waiting list from all HT surgeons. But one thing is true. It is almost impossible to find some result of Couto´s work posted by patient... I am very curious why...

I have found this:

http://hairwin.blogspot.com/2014/10/dr-juan-couto-i-cirujano-cubano.html

It’s actually pretty easy you just need to go to the Spanish forum. 
The link below is a guy that was botched in Turkey and a repair job with Couto.

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=84771&start=90

I know very well how Dr. Couto works, I have recently had surgery with him after having followed him for several years. I have recently registered because I want to publish my procedure here because I think it may be of interest to many members of this community. I will do it very soon, although it was only 5 days since my HT and there are no results yet!

I have been following this network for a long time without participating and I have seen that Couto is also well known here, but that you miss seeing cases of him posted by his patients.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, RMancini said:

I know very well how Dr. Couto works, I have recently had surgery with him after having followed him for several years. I have recently registered because I want to publish my procedure here because I think it may be of interest to many members of this community. I will do it very soon, although it was only 5 days since my HT and there are no results yet!

I have been following this network for a long time without participating and I have seen that Couto is also well known here, but that you miss seeing cases of him posted by his patients.

You should start a thread, I would love to see it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, RMancini said:

That’s great 😃 have been looking forward for a Couto patient to post there result/journey. 

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

There are patient posted results for Couto, just very few compared to what one might expect from the greatest hair transplant surgeon in the world.

@RMancini Thank you!

Edited by PizzaWolf
Rudeness

22 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

Thanks. But I can´t speak spanish and spanish forums are not so easy to search like HRN. Thank you and also everybody for every link of Couto´s patients story.

Earlier in this thread, it was said that Dr. Bisanga's athens price is $4 or 4€ a graft, but I was just quoted $5.50 for a procedure in athens in the near future. Anyone have an explanation for the discrepancy?

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, T95good said:

Earlier in this thread, it was said that Dr. Bisanga's athens price is $4 or 4€ a graft, but I was just quoted $5.50 for a procedure in athens in the near future. Anyone have an explanation for the discrepancy?

@Raphael84 

Im not sure if that’s with tax, perhaps his rep could help.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 hours ago, T95good said:

Sometimes if an enquiry isn't aware of our two different clinics (Brussels and Athens), Athens interest may arrive in Brussels and vice versa which can occasionally cause some initial confusion for the enquiry.

Athens pricing is €2.50 per graft for a shared surgery with Dr. Bisanga and a doctor from his team. Patients will pay €2.50 for this procedure and surgical conditions are as explained further in one of the above posts. I can link that again if necessary.

€4.00 is pricing in Brussels with Dr. Bisanga performing all punching of extraction sites and the making of all recipient sites.

@T95goodThere must be some confusion or misunderstanding in correspondence. Depending on which clinic/locations site (Athens or Brussels), you sent your original enquiry would generally dictate which pricing was explained. Explained on all Athens enquiries, alongside pricing would be an explanation and breakdown of the elements of surgery that Dr. Bisanga would perform with Athens surgery conditions. 

If you could please send me a private message here or an email and I will happily clear up and clarify any confusion and questions that you may have. It may well have been myself who has already been in contact with you so it is important that our communication is clear.

Thank you

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, dtreidjr said:

Just throwing this out there.  You can search for my posts regarding Dr. Nadimi.  Its been 2 years and everything has gone great.  I cant imagine anyone doing a better job.

She's a rising star no doubt! 

View my thread

One big caveat with Couto is that all the patient reviews and cases on his YT are on men low on the NW Scale requiring low grafts - in other words, simple cases. Never saw him working on a slick bald dude or on a complex case. 

So he is very good in a very specific niche but outside of it he is unproven. And that's where Konior edges him out and should be ranked higher IMO. 

56 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

One big caveat with Couto is that all the patient reviews and cases on his YT are on men low on the NW Scale requiring low grafts - in other words, simple cases. Never saw him working on a slick bald dude or on a complex case. 

So he is very good in a very specific niche but outside of it he is unproven. And that's where Konior edges him out and should be ranked higher IMO. 

Also AFAIK, it's quite a well established fact that spanish men have more dense and higher quality thick donor hairs as compared to the average man. I remember reading a study about this few years ago. So results can be skewed if a lot of patients are spanish.

Yeah, do people think the best surgeon differs depending on the patient's hair caliber? I imagine most surgeons can handle patients with thick hair, but what about those patients with very fine hair? Is that a separate skill that some of these surgeons wouldn't have much experience with, given the types of patients who tend to frequent them?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, tressful11 said:

Also AFAIK, it's quite a well established fact that spanish men have more dense and higher quality thick donor hairs as compared to the average man. I remember reading a study about this few years ago. So results can be skewed if a lot of patients are spanish.

This gets blown way out of proportion IMO. Thick hair isn’t exclusive to Spaniards. Sure, on average do they have thicker hair, yes. But I’ve seen some British guys with similar hair caliber on this forum @1978matt and @Zoomster one of my childhood best friends is ethically Swedish, and he’s got  some of the thickest hair I’ve seen. 

View my thread

On 11/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

This gets blown way out of proportion IMO. Thick hair isn’t exclusive to Spaniards. Sure, on average do they have thicker hair, yes. But I’ve seen some British guys with similar hair caliber on this forum @1978matt and @Zoomster one of my childhood best friends is ethically Swedish, and he’s got  some of the thickest hair I’ve seen. 

This is completely true, but I think it's still a fair point to note because it's still of statistical significance. That is, a Spanish patient is more likely to have these characteristics on average, so if Spaniards represent a majority of your patients you're going to be working with those characteristics far more frequently than some doctors.

The reason this is particularly relevant when considering online marketing like YouTube, IG, or even clinic results on this forum, is those results are already cherry-picked and represent the clinic's most impressive work. When many of your patients have a higher baseline to begin with, a prospective patient's expectations may become skewed. It's not that it's a different skill set necessarily, but that it's harder to achieve a good result because the doctor has more factors stacked against them. 

On an unrelated note, I appreciate that you've called out the importance of microscopes in evaluating a clinic. I wouldn't even consider a clinic that doesn't use microscopes in this day and age because that's just plain irresponsible. You still see the occasional hairline multi even from elite clinics examining grafts under microscopes, so there's no way that eyeballing it won't greatly increase the risk. It's stupid and completely avoidable.

On 11/2/2020 at 5:38 AM, JohnBob said:

@JohnBob I think you must be talking about another Couto and not the original Dr Juan Couto...

His YouTube channel is full of different type of cases and NW Scales ... I guess you have missed a few like for example, one of the MOST complicated Hair Transplant cases (if not the most) that you will ever find anywhere...

"5805 FUE Grafts on IRRADIATED SCALP in 2 different FUE sessions"

Or this one 3500 Grafts in NW V

Or this other one  4766 Grafts NW V

Or this one, 3225 Grafts NW IV - NOT MEDICATED

One thing about Dr Couto which I agree with most is the lack of particular cases, but I am sure this has to do with the kind of clients that end up visiting FUExpert Clinic, most of whom are said to be high society patients like footballers and famous people... therefore, I understand that these "patients" dont come around Forums posting their results.

But, if you think these results are from an unproven Doctor ... what do you think about the rest?
I assume you have missed or havent even seen FUExpert Clinic YouTube Channel ... as you can see Dr Couto is not just the best with the simple cases but at the same time he masters the most difficult ones like no other.

What it´s true is that Konior along with Freitas, H&W and Couto are the best of the best at the moment.