Top 5 FUE/FUT docs, 2020 edition

1 hour ago, OliverAtom said:

@JohnBob I think you must be talking about another Couto and not the original Dr Juan Couto...

His YouTube channel is full of different type of cases and NW Scales ... I guess you have missed a few like for example, one of the MOST complicated Hair Transplant cases (if not the most) that you will ever find anywhere...

"5805 FUE Grafts on IRRADIATED SCALP in 2 different FUE sessions"

Or this one 3500 Grafts in NW V

Or this other one  4766 Grafts NW V

Or this one, 3225 Grafts NW IV - NOT MEDICATED

One thing about Dr Couto which I agree with most is the lack of particular cases, but I am sure this has to do with the kind of clients that end up visiting FUExpert Clinic, most of whom are said to be high society patients like footballers and famous people... therefore, I understand that these "patients" dont come around Forums posting their results.

But, if you think these results are from an unproven Doctor ... what do you think about the rest?
I assume you have missed or havent even seen FUExpert Clinic YouTube Channel ... as you can see Dr Couto is not just the best with the simple cases but at the same time he masters the most difficult ones like no other.

What it´s true is that Konior along with Freitas, H&W and Couto are the best of the best at the moment.

Interesting. I based my opinion on the cases reported by the users of the recuperar el pelo forum. In his YT channel he does have examples of more complicated cases. Good find, Dr Couto is indeed an amazing surgeon. 

On 10/28/2020 at 9:33 AM, Raphael84 said:

Sometimes if an enquiry isn't aware of our two different clinics (Brussels and Athens), Athens interest may arrive in Brussels and vice versa which can occasionally cause some initial confusion for the enquiry.

Athens pricing is €2.50 per graft for a shared surgery with Dr. Bisanga and a doctor from his team. Patients will pay €2.50 for this procedure and surgical conditions are as explained further in one of the above posts. I can link that again if necessary.

€4.00 is pricing in Brussels with Dr. Bisanga performing all punching of extraction sites and the making of all recipient sites.

@T95goodThere must be some confusion or misunderstanding in correspondence. Depending on which clinic/locations site (Athens or Brussels), you sent your original enquiry would generally dictate which pricing was explained. Explained on all Athens enquiries, alongside pricing would be an explanation and breakdown of the elements of surgery that Dr. Bisanga would perform with Athens surgery conditions. 

If you could please send me a private message here or an email and I will happily clear up and clarify any confusion and questions that you may have. It may well have been myself who has already been in contact with you so it is important that our communication is clear.

Thank you

Hi @Raphael84,

I am a bit confused by the thread here. Could you please clarify the pricing of dr Bisanga?
Is it €4/graft including VAT of 21% or do we need add it on top meaning almost €5/graft ?

Thanks for your swift reply.

9 minutes ago, Hairgain22 said:

I’ve seen Cuoto on YouTube can’t get any better than that, why’s he not in the forum? 

We have never had a single patient posting a result from him on here. But we do have a member who said that he will! 
Apart from his incredibly long waiting lists (2 Years or so) he does seem to have excellent results. He’s all over the Spanish forums. 
But it would be really nice to see actual patients posting. 
@RMancini was the guy, hopefully he will start a thread with his own Journey soon 😀

Edited by JohnAC71

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

We have never had a single patient posting a result from him on here. But we do have a member who said that he will! 
Apart from his incredibly long waiting lists (2 Years or so) he does seem to have excellent results. He’s all over the Spanish forums. 
But it would be really nice to see actual patients posting. 

Thanks for the clarification, I had no idea is wait list was 2 years that’s ridiculous. Any idea why it’s that long? Does he only do one surgery a week or something. 

1 minute ago, Hairgain22 said:

Thanks for the clarification, I had no idea is wait list was 2 years that’s ridiculous. Any idea why it’s that long? Does he only do one surgery a week or something. 

He does 1 or 2 max per day depending on the cases themselves. Waiting list seems to differ depending on the case too. 2 of my friends enquired and were both told different.

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

He does 1 or 2 max per day depending on the cases themselves. Waiting list seems to differ depending on the case too. 2 of my friends enquired and were both told different.

Ahh I see thanks for the information mate.

1 hour ago, champybaby said:

Cuoto is a marketing success story. And so many people around here have bought into their marketing vehicle of YouTube.

Idk if I agree, he puts out results regularly on YouTube, he’s got to be consistently good to do that. 

4 hours ago, Hairgain22 said:

Idk if I agree, he puts out results regularly on YouTube, he’s got to be consistently good to do that. 

Papa John's pizza also looks delicious in their commercials.

Does anyone know if Couto's been published? In reputable (peer reviewed) journals with other doctors, etc? Honestly asking.*

Edited by champybaby
  • Haha 1

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

21 minutes ago, champybaby said:

Does anyone know if Couto's been published? In reputable (peer reviewed) journals with other doctors, etc? Honestly asking.*

Are you suggesting Papa John's pizza isn't delicious in real life?

15 hours ago, champybaby said:

Alls I’m saying is there’s no way he could be putting out results that look like this if he wasn’t good. 
image.thumb.png.514dc06d5132a6b93192d7057a4b4ad2.png

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Hairgain22 said:

Alls I’m saying is there’s no way he could be putting out results that look like this if he wasn’t good. 

I have always said, real patient reviews are what matters the most. Will you ever hear a surgeon say they are mediocre? Or will you ever see a surgeons website with results that look bad? No, they put their best foot forward. I do think Dr. Cuoto is obviously skilled, but I would like to see some regular reviews from real patients to judge his work accurately.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Hairgain22 said:

I'll admit that I'm surprised when you say, "there's no way" this advertisement can be fake.

There's plenty of smoke and mirrors going around the HT industry.... I want to know if Couto has been published in peer review journals ... not those phony journals that aren't peer reviewed, but credible journals.

As it stands right now, and given the information that's out there, Couto is HT marketing at its finest.

8 minutes ago, champybaby said:

I'll admit that I'm surprised when you say, "there's no way" this advertisement can be fake.

There's plenty of smoke and mirrors going around the HT industry.... I want to know if Couto has been published in peer review journals ... not those phony journals that aren't peer reviewed, but credible journals.

As it stands right now, and given the information that's out there, Couto is HT marketing at its finest.

How can you fake a part down the middle? I’m sure it’s favorable lighting, etc, but I’m sure those results are legit.

12 minutes ago, Hairgain22 said:

How can you fake a part down the middle? I’m sure it’s favorable lighting, etc, but I’m sure those results are legit.

Bro. I just had my second procedure. Trust me, I needed it. But if I posted some pics of me in concealer, and the right lighting, I'd look like I had a head of hair like John Stamos. Even video, too*

Edited by champybaby

2 minutes ago, champybaby said:

Bro. I just had my second procedure. Trust me, I needed it. But if I posted some pics of me in concealer, and the right lighting, I'd look like I had a head of hair like John Stamos. Even video, too*

Fair enough, it would be a shame if docs are using concealer to make results look better.

• Like 1

Just now, Hairgain22 said:

Fair enough, it would be a shame if docs are using concealer to make results look better.

Historically speaking, I wouldn't put it past some of them.

3 hours ago, T95good said:

I think at least one of his patients would have spoken out about him putting concealer in their hair, that's not likely. That being said, I am always sceptical of cherry picked cases

I'll stop after this as this convo is going in circles. But what patients? Where are they? Members around here travel far and wide to see the best. And idk if members would have spoken up; the dopamine hit you get from social platforms is indeed a very real thing.

Wish everyone the best in this "who is better Jordan or Lebron" convo.