Top 5 FUE/FUT docs, 2020 edition

• Administrators
On 10/16/2020 at 3:47 AM, baldiee said:

Where would you guys rate Dr. Bloxham?

He’s great, top notch FUT surgeon. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an FUE result.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, miko said:

I did some research after "Dr." Erdogan and Asmed clinic fuc..d up my hair transplant... For me:

1. Dr. Couto, Madrid, Spain

2. Dr. Konior, Chicago, USA (too far for me)

3. Dr. Lorenzo, Madrid, Spain (disaster hairline design)

4. Hasson&Wong, Vancouver, Canada (too far from me)

5. Dr. Kesser, Ankara, Turkey (denied my HT according previous HT)

6. HLC, Ankara, Turkey

7. Dr. De Freitas, Valencia, Spain

8 Eugenix, India (too far frome me)

9. Dr. Pekiner, Ankara, Turkey

Why did keser deny you?

12 minutes ago, miko said:

He wrote me that according big hairloss pattern and previous HT he can´t offer me his service... 

Kesser cherry picks his patients. He usually goes for patients looking for hairline reconstructions up to 1500-2000 grafts. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:24 AM, miko said:

I did some research after Dr. Erdogan and Asmed clinic fuc..d up my hair transplant... (My story:

For me:

1. Dr. Couto, Madrid, Spain (insane waiting list + he doesn´t take new patients now)

2. Dr. Konior, Chicago, USA (too far for me)

3. Dr. Lorenzo, Madrid, Spain (disaster hairline design)

4. Hasson&Wong, Vancouver, Canada (too far from me)

5. Dr. Kesser, Ankara, Turkey (denied my HT according previous HT)

6. HLC, Ankara, Turkey

7. Dr. De Freitas, Valencia, Spain

8. Eugenix, India (too far from me)

9. Dr. Pekiner, Ankara, Turkey

10. Dr. Feriduni, Hasselt, Belgium

Dear Sir,

Thank you for considering us. I can understand that traveling is something  which is bothering you. However you may would like to talk some our patients who were traveled from far for the quality outcome. Please DM your details so that I can assist you further. 

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Here`s my opinion on the best of best.

TOP FUE Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior 

Dr. Bruno Ferreira 

Dr. Bruno Pinto 

Dr. Sahar Nadimi 

TOP Combined FUE + BHT Doctors

HLC Ankara

Dr. Kaan Pekiner 

Dr. Sethi or Dr. Arika @ Eugenix 

TOP FUT Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

Hasson&Wong 

Dr. Sever Muresanu 

Feller&Bloxham 

For FUE and BHT I prefer Doctors doing the whole surgery (Eugenix being the exception but their technique doesn’t allow them to have just the Doctor doing everything and they do excel at BHT) on just 1 patient per day with either DHI or Stick&Place and with real patients posting amazing results on forums.
The best in the US is considered by most to be Dr. Konior and he also operates on just 1 patient per day with stick&place so it’s safe to assume this technique along with DHI (which is similar and also provides insane results like the ones Couto, Freitas and Pinto have on the Spanish forum) will produce the best results (when in the hands of a great surgeon). 

My preference left out many other elite FUE Docs that have truly remarkable results posted by real patients (Couto, Feriduni, Freitas) but these are Doctors that aren’t focused on just 1 patient per day (not as cost effective) or are still doing pre-made slits (which is the best option for FUE surgeries partly delegated to techs because the Doctor does all the slits and only after do the techs implant in the pre-made slits so there’s less of a chance for newbie techs to make mistakes) 

For FUT I actually thinks it’s best to have techs because all the grafts are extracted at once from the strip and they must be implanted as quickly as possible thus requiring a tech team to quickly extract the grafts from the slit and to quickly implant in the pre-made slits designed by the Doctor.

I have updated my list of Doctors (prices may not be 100% accurate).

Hair.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2

I didn´t hear about Dr. Bruno Pinto. To prices: HLC 2,7 eur per graft and Dr. Couto 5,- eur per graft actually, Dr. Feriduni is also more expensive. Dr. Couto do all steps of HT by himself and operate 1, max 2 patients daily, In Eugenix, in more expensive package also doctors do extractions and implantations of grafts. Why Couto and Lorenzo aren´t on your list? 

13 hours ago, miko said:

I didn´t hear about Dr. Bruno Pinto. To prices: HLC 2,7 eur per graft and Dr. Couto 5,- eur per graft actually, Dr. Feriduni is also more expensive. Dr. Couto do all steps of HT by himself and operate 1, max 2 patients daily, In Eugenix, in more expensive package also doctors do extractions and implantations of grafts. Why Couto and Lorenzo aren´t on your list? 

Couto and Lorenzo are on my list and I explained above why they are not in my top choices.

HLC is now 2.5€/graft.

Couto can’t do surgery on 2 patients per day and do all the steps of both surgeries it’s simply impossible.

Dr. Bruno Pinto is the Doctor with the highest number of real patients results on both Spanish forums and if you check some of those results you will understand why he’s one my of top choices.

It’s shame that other than Dr. Bruno Ferreira and Dr. Bruno Pinto  there’s no other quality option in Portugal as the rest we have here is basically just franchise clinics or hairmills both with celebrity endorsements.
It’s ridiculous but the Portuguese actually chose their HT clinic simply based on the celebrity that went there and not because of the results of the Doctor (they don’t even know if it’s a Doctor or a Tech doing their surgery they just look at Celebrities Instagram results). This is why Dr. BF and Dr. BP have very few Portuguese going to them as they cater mostly to Spanish and other international patients. 

Edited by Portugal25

On 10/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, Portugal25 said:

I speak fluent Spanish and I’m a member of the Spanish forum (recuperartupelo) where there’s no real patient results from De Freitas and the most viewed thread about him is a thread comparing him with Dr. Ximena Villa.

The Spanish forum is dominated by Dr. Bruno Pinto (Portuguese) and Dr. Ximena Villa (Spanish). You will be hard pressed to find any real patients from Couto or Dr Freitas.

I have just seen 1 real patient results from Dr. Rafael De Freitas and since I don’t look at or comment YouTube, Social Media or Website results I can’t really say anything good or bad about Dr. De Freitas other than the appalling hairmill where he started working (C2MC where my friend had his subpar HT for 1.15€/grafy done by a Senegalese tech).

He has 1 amazing result at HRN but it’s hard find any other real patient result.

I can understand that it’s hard to find real patient results from Dr. Ferreira because he’s operating at Lorenzo’s clinic and must not be able to promote himself freely while affiliated to Lorenzo but I don’t get why it’s hard to find real patients from De Freitas (he’s had his own clinic for years).

Spanish Forums
I think we should clarify something about the Spanish Forums as you seem to be mixing both and this could confuse people depending on which one of your posts they read.

There is the FAMOUS and most renowned Spanish Forum, "Recuperar EL Pelo", where by the way, Freitas and Couto are the doctors who all are praising and all want to go for... This Forum has been around for a bit more than 14 years (created in 2006) 

And then there is the new forum (created in 2018) a COPY of the Famous one and using almost the same name: "Recuperar TU Pelo". It is said about this Copy Forum that was created by Dr Bruno Pinto´s "team" (it's just a rumor but you all know when there is a rumor... ). 

And just a number comparing these two Forums, the Famous Spanish Forum, "Recuperar El Pelo" has over 60.000 "Topics" compared to just over 500 "Topics" on the "Copy Forum". 

By the way, just on the 1st page of "Particular Cases" (on the Famous Forum "Recuperar EL Pelo") you have 5 Freitas cases!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, Portugal25 said:

Here`s my opinion on the best of best.

TOP FUE Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior 

Dr. Bruno Ferreira 

Dr. Bruno Pinto 

Dr. Sahar Nadimi 

TOP Combined FUE + BHT Doctors

HLC Ankara

Dr. Kaan Pekiner 

Dr. Sethi or Bansal @ Eugenix 

TOP FUT Doctors

Dr. Raymond Konior

Dr. Bijan Feriduni

Hasson&Wong 

Dr. Sever Muresanu 

Feller&Bloxham 

For FUE and BHT I prefer Doctors doing the whole surgery (Eugenix being the exception but their technique doesn’t allow them to have just the Doctor doing everything and they do excel at BHT) on just 1 patient per day with either DHI or Stick&Place and with real patients posting amazing results on forums.
The best in the US is considered by most to be Dr. Konior and he also operates on just 1 patient per day with stick&place so it’s safe to assume this technique along with DHI (which is similar and also provides insane results like the ones Couto, Freitas and Pinto have on the Spanish forum) will produce the best results (when in the hands of a great surgeon). 

My preference left out many other elite FUE Docs that have truly remarkable results posted by real patients (Couto, Feriduni, Freitas) but these are Doctors that aren’t focused on just 1 patient per day (not as cost effective) or are still doing pre-made slits (which is the best option for FUE surgeries partly delegated to techs because the Doctor does all the slits and only after do the techs implant in the pre-made slits so there’s less of a chance for newbie techs to make mistakes) 

For FUT I actually thinks it’s best to have techs because all the grafts are extracted at once from the strip and they must be implanted as quickly as possible thus requiring a tech team to quickly extract the grafts from the slit and to quickly implant in the pre-made slits designed by the Doctor.

I have updated my list of Doctors (prices may not be 100% accurate).

Hair.jpg

First of all, thanks SO SO much for such an interesting post. It´s great to see all that info together 🤗

However, a piece of advice... I think you should UPDATE some of the data on that file of yours since you are providing some really sensitive information which could mislead people.

You are stating that Dr. Freitas and Dr. Couto DONT do the implanting themselves and this work is done by their Techs...  Where did you get that info?
I know almost 99% for sure that Dr. Couto does ALL the implanting.
And with Dr Freitas results I would also assume that he does the implanting himself. At least, I never saw on the Spanish Forum (the original Forum "Recuperar EL Pelo") someone saying he wasn't doing the implanting.

Also, I have noticed you are using just EUROS on your File... it's not the same 13 Dollars or 13 Euros ... for example, Konior does charge in dollars. If it was in Euros it would mean that he charges 15.4$ per Graft which would be totally insane... 13 dollars is already ridiculous 😵

Thanks again for your contribution!

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

Spanish Forums
I think we should clarify something about the Spanish Forums as you seem to be mixing both and this could confuse people depending on which one of your posts they read.

There is the FAMOUS and most renowned Spanish Forum, "Recuperar EL Pelo", where by the way, Freitas and Couto are the doctors who all are praising and all want to go for... This Forum has been around for a bit more than 14 years (created in 2006) 

And then there is the new forum (created in 2018) a COPY of the Famous one and using almost the same name: "Recuperar TU Pelo". It is said about this Copy Forum that was created by Dr Bruno Pinto´s "team" (it's just a rumor but you all know when there is a rumor... ). 

And just a number comparing these two Forums, the Famous Spanish Forum, "Recuperar El Pelo" has over 60.000 "Topics" compared to just over 500 "Topics" on the "Copy Forum". 

By the way, just on the 1st page of "Particular Cases" (on the Famous Forum "Recuperar EL Pelo") you have 5 Freitas cases!

I didn’t know that, good to know I was a member of the ladder.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@OliverAtom I only knew about the more recent Spanish forum and just recently found the older Spanish with a lot more Couto and Freitas case but also a boat load of Pinto cases. 

Edited by Portugal25

23 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

First of all, thanks SO SO much for such an interesting post. It´s great to see all that info together 🤗

However, a piece of advice... I think you should UPDATE some of the data on that file of yours since you are providing some really sensitive information which could mislead people.

You are stating that Dr. Freitas and Dr. Couto DONT do the implanting themselves and this work is done by their Techs...  Where did you get that info?
I know almost 99% for sure that Dr. Couto does ALL the implanting.
And with Dr Freitas results I would also assume that he does the implanting himself. At least, I never saw on the Spanish Forum (the original Forum "Recuperar EL Pelo") someone saying he wasn't doing the implanting.

Also, I have noticed you are using just EUROS on your File... it's not the same 13 Dollars or 13 Euros ... for example, Konior does charge in dollars. If it was in Euros it would mean that he charges 15.4$ per Graft which would be totally insane... 13 dollars is already ridiculous 😵

Thanks again for your contribution!

Konior does charge 15.4USD per graft not insane it’s the ruff estimate I got over the phone and I have to say it was really difficult to get a estimate over the phone abd the lady did say that it can be even higher than 16US/graft. 

Couto does 2 patients per day I did confirm this with his clinic so there’s no way he does the whole surgery (he’s considered a God at FUE but he’s not omnipresent).

Freitas does up to 4 patients per day so obviously he has to delegate part of his surgeries to techs. The Brazilian lady that answered the phone got upset with me for asking to many questions and wanted to why I was asking so many details about the surgery. I can olny assume she is used to people only asking about available dates or was trained at a Hairmill.

Despite Freitas starting in this field at a Hairmill if both him and Couto did surgery on just 1 patient per day they would both be on my TOP 5 FUE Docs. 

Edited by Portugal25

My TOP 5 of 2020
I guess all of us would have a different "roster" picked as our Top 5 Doctors in 2020. I see this choice as when in football you ask someone to pick the best 11 for the National Team... uffff, so many options, so many different teams ... what´s for sure, all of us will always have at least 3 "players" that always remain on that "roster".

At this moment, by 2020, I will for sure have on my "FUE Team" the best three of the moment which in my humble opinion are:
- Dr Freitas & Dr Couto, with the most impressive results in the past 3 years.
- Hasson&Wong for always being a guarantee.

After those 3 we have this two to complete the Top 5:

- Konior
- Lorenzo

On the Bench:
- Lupanzula
- Feriduni
- Eugenix
- Hattingen

Edited by OliverAtom

2 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Konior does charge 15.4USD per graft (not insane it’s his actual price) and I have to say it was really difficult to get a estimate over the phone but the lady said that it can be even higher than 16US/graft. 

Couto does 2 patients per day I did confirm this with his clinic so there’s now way he does both surgeries at once (he’s considered a God at FUE but he’s not omnipresent).

Freitas does up to 4 patients per day so obviously he has to delegate part of his surgeries to techs. 

Are you serious about Konior???? OH MY GOD!!! 😲🤯🙉 CRAZYYYYY!!! I still can NOT believe this!!!

About Couto, I would call back and confirm about being him the one doing the implanting... just to be on the safe side.

About Freitas, ufff, 4 patients seems to be almost impossible to do the implanting himself but... maybe he is a Brazilian Super-Hero 🧜‍♂️

Just now, OliverAtom said:

Are you serious about Konior???? OH MY GOD!!! 😲🤯🙉 CRAZYYYYY!!! I still can NOT believe this!!!

About Couto, I would call back and confirm about being him the one doing the implanting... just to be on the safe side.

About Freitas, ufff, 4 patients seems to be almost impossible to do the implanting himself but... maybe he is a Brazilian Super-Hero 🧜‍♂️

Already called Couto office once. If one his patients corrects me I will update my list and include him on my TOP 5 (Shame about the 2 year wait list tough).
Found out today that Bruno Pinto has a 1 year wait list just for a consultation.

So I guess Spain&Portugal are soon be the go to destinations for elite level FUE 😊

US has amazing FUE surgeons but they are just so so so expensive and only found 2 Doctors doing just 1 patient (without pré-made slits) but one charges 16 bucks per graft and the other almost 10 😬 (Konior and Nadimi). 

@Portugal25 I'm not sure you're completely accurate when saying Konior charges $15.4 USD per graft. He actually doesn't really charge by the graft. It's more of an overall surgical fee based on your individual case. If there are particular circumstances with your surgery that may make if more difficult then maybe your fee may be higher than others. He takes the whole picture into account when offering surgical fee estimates. I had an FUE with him in March 2020 and if you break down my case into a per graft fee it was about $9.60 USD. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

@Portugal25 I'm not sure you're completely accurate when saying Konior charges $15.4 USD per graft. He actually doesn't really charge by the graft. It's more of an overall surgical fee based on your individual case. If there are particular circumstances with your surgery that may make if more difficult then maybe your fee may be higher than others. He takes the whole picture into account when offering surgical fee estimates. I had an FUE with him in March 2020 and if you break down my case into a per graft fee it was about $9.60 USD. 

I was told $12 USD per graft a few months ago. If it's already gone up to $15 then that's kind of ridiculous lol.

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Already called Couto office once. If one his patients corrects me I will update my list and include him on my TOP 5 (Shame about the 2 year wait list tough).
Found out today that Bruno Pinto has a 1 year wait list just for a consultation.

So I guess Spain&Portugal are soon be the go to destinations for elite level FUE 😊

US has amazing FUE surgeons but they are just so so so expensive and only found 2 Doctors doing just 1 patient (without pré-made slits) but one charges 16 bucks per graft and the other almost 10 😬 (Konior and Nadimi). 

I'm surprised Bruno Pinto isn't charging more given his demand.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BDK081522 said:

This is actually spot on, let’s not spread misinformation @Portugal25 he charges depending on the complexity of the case. A virtual consultation should be done to understand the cost for your individual case.

• Like 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

I had an FUE with him in March 2020 and if you break down my case into a per graft fee it was about $9.60 USD. 

Yup, I can also personally vouch for this.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

This is actually spot on, let’s not spread misinformation @Portugal25 he charges depending on the complexity of the case. A virtual consultation should be done to understand the cost for your individual case.

I called his office and this was the estimate I received it’s not misinformation. 
I don’t understand why US Doctors have this secrecy with prices. If it’s actually 9.6US I will update the chart.

5 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I called his office and this was the estimate I received it’s not misinformation. 
I don’t understand why US Doctors have this secrecy with prices. If it’s actually 9.6US I will update the chart.

I would stick with the numbers you have but put an asterix that it is *case dependent.

Both my FUEs were a price per graft, but if you want no shave donor then it could conceivably go $16 or even higher.  Also, if you schedule a date next year you get the 2020 price.

As far as I know he doesn't charge if he strays a bit above the agreed graft number, e.g pay for 1000 and he decides to do 1100, no extra charge.  Hence, $13,000 becomes $11.8/graft.

..and dont forget the state tax at about 10%.

FUT I've no idea as back in the day it was not purely on a per graft basis.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

7 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

You're missing the point. It's not $9.60 USD for every case. I received an extra 76 grafts at no charge. That's why mine would equate to $9.60 per graft. Every case is different and as such his prices vary. Some may be price per graft some overall surgical fee. It's all case dependent so I would update the chart with a range of $10-$16 for Dr Konior's FUE prices. That should cover the range he is currently charging. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts