Getting a taste of my own medication - My hair transplant journey initiates...

Walk the talk!

Hi! My name is Abhinay and I’m bald (bald people anonymous anyone?)

So I’m the bald guy posting all of these results from our Eugenix Hair Sciences. As destiny would have it, my scalp has finally gotten ready to undergo the procedure. Its amazing and overwhelming at the same time. 

I know that the Doctors have had this keen eye for covering my bald scalp for the longest of time. I am just glad that I was not kidnapped to be transplanted upon. I had this tremendous fear regarding the surgery. I am an IT professional and medical stuff is the last thing that I understand. I joined in fairly recently to take up the role of Operations head at Eugenix. 

Life has never been the same again. I did not know that this job required so much of energy and is in a continuous and never ending flow. That being said, I have obviously seen too many patients come in and go out after the procedure. I have seen young people as well as old people come in and get the procedure done. 

It would be embarassing to chicken out now!!! But on a serious note, I think I do want to have a good amount of hair on my head. 

My hair resembles a surf wave now. The entire hair from one side is combed over to the other to hide my baldness. It is no surprise that I am phobic of even the slightest gusts of wind. Actually I’m phobic of a lot of things – rain, swimming, jogging etc etc. I seem to have copied Trump’s hairstyle. The only difference is that he is orange and I’m not.

I have seen so many of my colleagues get it done here too – Nelson, Dr. Shishir, Anil, Adarsh, Nitesh, Debashish… and so on and so forth. Seeing so many experimental bunnies and being around them everyday (and knowing how extremely low their threshold of pain is), I have gained confidence gradually to go for the procedure.

So tomorrow is the day I get sacrificed to the God of hair. Kidding! 

I’m very excited for tomorrow and I have this bittersweet nervousness around me. 

Fingers crossed that I don’t start crying like a little girl when seeing the injections… 

Have a look at my gorgeous pre surgery face below.

IMG_8599.JPG

IMG_8603.JPG

IMG_8605.JPG

IMG_8615.JPG

IMG_8621.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_8623.JPG

IMG_8596.JPG

• Like 1

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• Administrators

Congrats on your journey Abhinay, I look forward to your updates!

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Congratulations @Abhinay Singh on your HT. Very well wrriten and funny at times account of yourself well done.You will have it over with by now.Im sure all is well as you are in great hands. 

Its hard to believe you and me have been in contact with messages regarding my own upcoming HT next week at@Eugenix Hair Science  .   Now you have your HT done. 

I look forward to meeting you next week Abhinay.

Wishing you all the best.

..............Paddy..................

• Like 1

Thank you Sir.. look forward to meet you..

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Congrats on your journey Abhinay, I look forward to your updates!

Thank you Melvin Sir.. Will keep updating my progress here..

Kind Regards

So yeah... my scalp is no longer a virgin (cries silently within). I was so worried in the morning about the procedure. Finally I understand how scary it must be for people who come all the way from other countries to get the procedure done. This has been a learning experience for me. I think I will be able to empathise more from now on.

The first injection was the relief point. I realised that its not painful at all when they gave me the first injection. It felt like a huge rock had been taken off my shoulders. Sometimes our stress is more painful than the actual phenomenon that we are worried about.

2200 grafts later, I feel like somebody has given me a good thrashing. Laying down for such a long time was tedious (this is so not supposed to be a third world problem! I sound like such a diva!!!). Nelson told me that I looked like a corpse being autopsied.

I am actually very very surprised that it is not painful at all. Or maybe i feel that because I'm such a dude (winks). But on a serious note, its not at all painful. I was watching tv, listening to songs, dozing off... 

So, one more awesome thing that is just making me feel so so happy is that I will have to continue sleeping like a corpse for the next seven days (silent crying continues...) And... my procedure is left for tomorrow as well. 

I think my wife has put lesser efforts in her beautification than what I'm doing. (Sighs!)

So, below are the pictures of me turning into a butterfly... metamorphosis...

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8903.JPG

IMG_8904.JPG

IMG_8905.JPG

IMG_8906.JPG

IMG_8907.JPG

IMG_8908.JPG

IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8910.JPG

IMG_8911.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

Kind Regards

Congratulations @Abhinay Singh  Well done. You look great now, 😁

And you will look even better in 6 months time.  It will be my turn next week , its very reassuring to hear its not painfull at all. ( As I am probably a bigger scary cat than you )  

Best wishes for the finish of your HT tomorrow. Please let us know what position etc you slept in and how did it go spraying the saline spray etc.

All the best Abhinay.

...........Paddy.........

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Abhinay Singh said:

So yeah... my scalp is no longer a virgin (cries silently within). I was so worried in the morning about the procedure. Finally I understand how scary it must be for people who come all the way from other countries to get the procedure done. This has been a learning experience for me. I think I will be able to empathise more from now on.

The first injection was the relief point. I realised that its not painful at all when they gave me the first injection. It felt like a huge rock had been taken off my shoulders. Sometimes our stress is more painful than the actual phenomenon that we are worried about.

2200 grafts later, I feel like somebody has given me a good thrashing. Laying down for such a long time was tedious (this is so not supposed to be a third world problem! I sound like such a diva!!!). Nelson told me that I looked like a corpse being autopsied.

I am actually very very surprised that it is not painful at all. Or maybe i feel that because I'm such a dude (winks). But on a serious note, its not at all painful. I was watching tv, listening to songs, dozing off... 

So, one more awesome thing that is just making me feel so so happy is that I will have to continue sleeping like a corpse for the next seven days (silent crying continues...) And... my procedure is left for tomorrow as well. 

I think my wife has put lesser efforts in her beautification than what I'm doing. (Sighs!)

So, below are the pictures of me turning into a butterfly... metamorphosis...

IMG_8895.JPG

IMG_8896.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8899.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

IMG_8903.JPG

IMG_8904.JPG

IMG_8905.JPG

IMG_8906.JPG

IMG_8907.JPG

IMG_8908.JPG

IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8910.JPG

IMG_8911.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8914.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

Hey man we all gotta lose it some day, some of us have been around the surgical block 😂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Congratulations @Abhinay Singh  Well done. You look great now, 😁

And you will look even better in 6 months time.  It will be my turn next week , its very reassuring to hear its not painfull at all. ( As I am probably a bigger scary cat than you )  

Best wishes for the finish of your HT tomorrow. Please let us know what position etc you slept in and how did it go spraying the saline spray etc.

All the best Abhinay.

...........Paddy.........

Thank you Sir. @paddyirishman. Right I am very much confident about my result. I am really surprised that there is no pain at all. My procedure was performed under local anesthetic and there was no discomfort not even minor one. In fact I did "Bala challenge" during my surgery. Since yesterday procedure was done on my frontal part only, I am told to sleep straight on my back. I am using saline spray in every two hours.

20191105_104314.jpg

20191105_104315.jpg

Edited by Abhinay Singh

Kind Regards

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hey man we all gotta lose it some day, some of us have been around the surgical block 😂

Haha..😂😂 True Sir..amazing experience for me..

Kind Regards

41 minutes ago, InterventionalPDoc said:

Work looking good Abhinay, I'm happy for you ! 

Thank you Sir. Looking forward to see you soon.

Kind Regards

My surgery has been completed today. After what seemed like an eternity with all the grafts being counted one by one, the last remaining graft counts kept booming inside my head. 

So now I'm headed off home for a good sleep and will be back to work tomorrow. 

Here's a picture of me today...

Total no. of Grafts 4596 taken from scalp.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-06 at 20.12.25.jpeg

IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_9234.JPG

IMG_9239.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9248.JPG

IMG_9251.JPG

IMG_9261.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

IMG_9123.JPG

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8997.JPG

IMG_9000.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9515.JPG

IMG_9531.JPG

IMG_9553.JPG

IMG_9556.JPG

IMG_9559.JPG

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9568.JPG

IMG_9573.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

Edited by Abhinay Singh

Kind Regards

2 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

CONGRATULATIONS @Abhinay Singh well done. You deserve a good sleep after that 2 day marathon.  Great pictures and update.  

.............Best Wishes.......

................Paddy.................

@paddyirishmanYes sir, I slept well.. took medicine and did spray in every two hours.. Now getting ready for the office.

Kind Regards

@Abhinay Singh its great to hear all is well and you are back working so quickly as if nothing has been done. Well done to all the team @Eugenix Hair Science 

When I  go to you next week I will have a word with Dr.Pradeep to tell him to give you a rest and a day off work ha ha 😂 

......................Paddy...............

11 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@Abhinay Singh its great to hear all is well and you are back working so quickly as if nothing has been done. Well done to all the team @Eugenix Hair Science 

When I  go to you next week I will have a word with Dr.Pradeep to tell him to give you a rest and a day off work ha ha 😂 

......................Paddy...............

@paddyirishman  Yesterday I got my surgery done and today I am working with my team. Dr Pradeep used to tell me that to understand the procedure I have to get my surgery done and today I am more energetic in my work. Met with many  patients today and shared my experiences with them which I have learnt during my two days surgery.. So boss is always right and they (Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika) are not only a great doctors but they are true mentors for all Eugenix team.

IMG-20191107-WA0098.jpg

Kind Regards

I have completed 4 days today and I am taking medication. I have been spraying saline water in every two hours. I have got some swelling. I am doing exercise to avoid swelling on my forehead. There is no pain and my donor area is getting healed.  I am wearing surgical cap. 

We did some candid photography in office. 

IMG-20191107-WA0098.jpg

IMG-20191107-WA0092.jpg

IMG-20191107-WA0094.jpg

• Like 1

Kind Regards

3 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

@Abhinay Singh  glad for you all is going really well as you are nearly up to 1 week after Surgery. 

Has your doner been washed and what medication have you been taken ?

...................Paddy.............

Thank you Sir.  Yes every day It is getting cleaned. I am taking antibiotics and painkiller tabs. 

Kind Regards

Wow! That is massive coverage, @Abhinay Singh

It definitely helps that you appear to have a very large supply of healthy donor hair. You must have been an ideal patient for Eugenix.

By the way, you did a masterful job of disguising the bald spot prior to the HT -- I'd never have guessed that there was baldness. 

Really looking forward to seeing your progress in upcoming months. All the best!

• Like 1

I have completed 7 days post my transplant and I have done my first headwash today.  There is no sourness. my donor and recipient area both are healed. There were some thin crust on my scalp. 

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

IMG_7367.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7374.JPG

IMG_7383.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7382.JPG

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm back with my update after 20 days. Same old thing revolving around my head - still can't believe that I actually went ahead and got the procedure done.

I am yet to see the results but I am confident I will have a great output. 

I am not losing much hair due to shedding. I've started my meds and now I am looking forward to my second PRP session after 10 days.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

a`.jpg

b`.jpg

c`.jpg

Kind Regards

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, tesla007 said:

Great Sir. Did the shedding phase start?

Yes Sir.  I am in shedding phase. I will post my recent photos very soon. Thank you 

Edited by Abhinay Singh
  • Like 1

Kind Regards